Jaded-Raven
07/27/2014 10:56 AM (UTC)
Zwulle Wrote:
I actually considered Shujinko as a candidate to be the new bad guy. Would be a WTF to many of us. But there are too many people who are gonna hate that plot twist.

The whole essence of Shujinko is that he wants to be a hero. The ultimate hero! So him suddenly going bad would make no sense.
DVorah
07/27/2014 12:44 PM (UTC)
Dellombie Wrote:
DVorah Wrote:
Hsu Hao - bye, Boon hates you, and you got no love for fans, so you are finished.

Meat - Nice joke, maybe cameo. Bye.

Mokrap - On most lists you are the worst character, you were a joke, maybe in some cameo you being killed because the killer mistook you for Cage.

Kobra - I could make you better, Boon doesn't want to take time on you. Bye.

Darrius and Dairou - Little chance, next.

I don't think Motaro will ever show his horse-ass again, Boon seems rather hatefull to him.

Drahmin can only be saved by his most loyal fans, much like Rain is always saved by his many fans, if it was for Boon, Rain and Drahmin would never show again.

I'm rather stuck on Moloch.

There is no reason to believe Jarek will ever return, he was by far the worst character in MK4 and just another Kano clone without the cool eye-stuff going on for him.

I hope they never ever use Li Mei again, but she did return in Deception, so she has a fair chance. I wouldn't mind if she was flushed down the toilet. Bye.

Blaze, Onaga.... I don't know, maybe they appear in cameo's, but I doubt they ever make it.

Shujinko, I almost forgot him, that is his problem, he's so fucking forgettable...

I think we have seen the last of Stryker, Nightwolf, Sindel, Sheeva and Kintaro... I wouldn't mind them back, but chances are slim.

Frost, i'll hope she returns, but i'm not sure, same for Nitara.

Bye Khameleon and especially Chameleon! BYE!

Bye Mavado!! Kabal Wanabee

Kira had a very reasonable cameo in MK2011, I wouldn't give up on her, they could give her new abilities and voila! Kira isn't all that bad, just need some new stuff going on for her in the ability-department.

All others have fair chances.

Totally agree with your list man...
Another character I think is good as dead and we should never see again or heard about for a while is Jax

Lol you're the only person on this forum that still answers to my replies! The others are all victims of a private-message terror that probably formed an alliance against me. To try to get me away by total ignoring everything I post.

That doesn't work against someone that is full of himself, I just love myself typing/talking so get it on!

Anyway I agree with Jax, but still he's pretty popular in MK, I wouldn't mind Jax staying out of the game for a long time tho, there are much more interesting characters than him! I kinda hope Cyrax takes his place.
KungLaodoesntsuck
07/27/2014 12:48 PM (UTC)
I'll keep holding out for another MKA only its non-canon this time. So having every single fighter come back isn't retarded.
SneakyLizard
04/20/2015 01:29 AM (UTC)
DVorah Wrote:
Dellombie Wrote:
DVorah Wrote:
Hsu Hao - bye, Boon hates you, and you got no love for fans, so you are finished.

Meat - Nice joke, maybe cameo. Bye.

Mokrap - On most lists you are the worst character, you were a joke, maybe in some cameo you being killed because the killer mistook you for Cage.

Kobra - I could make you better, Boon doesn't want to take time on you. Bye.

Darrius and Dairou - Little chance, next.

I don't think Motaro will ever show his horse-ass again, Boon seems rather hatefull to him.

Drahmin can only be saved by his most loyal fans, much like Rain is always saved by his many fans, if it was for Boon, Rain and Drahmin would never show again.

I'm rather stuck on Moloch.

There is no reason to believe Jarek will ever return, he was by far the worst character in MK4 and just another Kano clone without the cool eye-stuff going on for him.

I hope they never ever use Li Mei again, but she did return in Deception, so she has a fair chance. I wouldn't mind if she was flushed down the toilet. Bye.

Blaze, Onaga.... I don't know, maybe they appear in cameo's, but I doubt they ever make it.

Shujinko, I almost forgot him, that is his problem, he's so fucking forgettable...

I think we have seen the last of Stryker, Nightwolf, Sindel, Sheeva and Kintaro... I wouldn't mind them back, but chances are slim.

Frost, i'll hope she returns, but i'm not sure, same for Nitara.

Bye Khameleon and especially Chameleon! BYE!

Bye Mavado!! Kabal Wanabee

Kira had a very reasonable cameo in MK2011, I wouldn't give up on her, they could give her new abilities and voila! Kira isn't all that bad, just need some new stuff going on for her in the ability-department.

All others have fair chances.

Totally agree with your list man...
Another character I think is good as dead and we should never see again or heard about for a while is Jax

Lol you're the only person on this forum that still answers to my replies! The others are all victims of a private-message terror that probably formed an alliance against me. To try to get me away by total ignoring everything I post.

That doesn't work against someone that is full of himself, I just love myself typing/talking so get it on!

Anyway I agree with Jax, but still he's pretty popular in MK, I wouldn't mind Jax staying out of the game for a long time tho, there are much more interesting characters than him! I kinda hope Cyrax takes his place.

I think Dairou is an awesome character. Even Ed Boon likes him. He said that on his Armageddon bio video. Regarding Darrius, one way I could see him return is if they retconned him as a member of the Red Dragon.

Jarek needs to be given another chance. I'm sick of all the hate he gets. He's much better than the likes of Hsu Hao and Mokap.

Li Mei does appear in the story mode of MKX, so she has a shot of returning in the future.

Khameleon does make a cameo as part of Reptile's support card in the mobile version on IOS. Also, Chameleon is mentioned in Reptile's pre-battle dialogue (when fighting against himself). We may certainly have not seen the last of them.

Kobra's never coming back. Erron Black mentions in one of his pre-battle dialogues (I believe it was against Kano) that he killed him. If that's true, then good f***ing riddance.
Sindel798
04/20/2015 01:40 AM (UTC)
Im positive that Fujin, Reiko, Li Mei, Bo Rai Cho, Frost, Havik, Hotaru and Sareena will be playable again.

Im not sure on Nitara, Ashrah, Kira, Taven, Daegon, Kai, Onaga, Blaze Chameleon, Khameleon and Dairou.

Kobra, Hsu Hao, Mokap, Jarek, Meat, Drahmin, Moloch, and Darrius will never be playable again.
ddill
04/20/2015 02:14 AM (UTC)
Sindel798 Wrote:
Im positive that Fujin, Reiko, Li Mei, Bo Rai Cho, Frost, Havik, Hotaru and Sareena will be playable again.

Im not sure on Nitara, Ashrah, Kira, Taven, Daegon, Kai, Onaga, Blaze Chameleon, Khameleon and Dairou.

Kobra, Hsu Hao, Mokap, Jarek, Meat, Drahmin, Moloch, and Darrius will never be playable again.

What about Skarlet? I truly believe that Skarlet will return in the future as a playable character and I hope they use this design. I also believe they could make Skarlet into a vampire and replace Nitara, just without the wings. http://blunt-katana.deviantart.com/art/Mortal-Kombat-Skarlet-335723615
Darkk
04/20/2015 02:22 AM (UTC)
I still think Onaga and Shujinko will come into play, if not in MK11 then eventually
SpellcraftQuill
04/20/2015 02:30 AM (UTC)
class="forumQuote">Sindel798 Wrote:

What about Skarlet? I truly believe that Skarlet will return in the future as a playable character and I hope they use this design. I also believe they could make Skarlet into a vampire and replace Nitara, just without the wings. http://blunt-katana.deviantart.com/art/Mortal-Kombat-Skarlet-335723615

Why are you positive about Hotaru since there's been no reference to him?

Kira and Dairou are likely on Hsu Hao tier. Also include Mavado who we know is dead unless we get a revenant Mavado which I doubt.
Sindel798
04/20/2015 02:42 AM (UTC)
SpellcraftQuill Wrote:

Kira and Dairou are likely on Hsu Hao tier. Also include Mavado who we know is dead unless we get a revenant Mavado which I doubt.

I feel like Hotaru has a lot of potential. If Havik is there than Hotaru should too. He has a lot of potential in his moveset too. He has the naginata, armor, and lava. The Orderrealm will surely come back and Hotaru should come back and stay away from Darrius and Dairou.
SneakyLizard
04/20/2015 03:22 AM (UTC)
SpellcraftQuill Wrote:

I would definitely love to see Kai again. He needs to be brought back since he's technically part of the MK universe. Something tells me in MK11 (if he appears), he'll encounter Liu Kang (still a revenant) and be somewhat shocked at what has happened to his friend. He would then be forced to defend himself.

Also, I'd love to see Dairou again, but with a better storyline.

Daegon will most likely appear again in the future, mainly since he's the leader of the Red Dragon. But I would suggest giving his appearance a complete overhaul, and make him look less like a poor-man's Kratos.

Shujinko and Taven, on the other hand, could appear again, since they appeared in certain characters arcade endings. I know the arcade ladder endings are not meant to be canon, but it goes to show they haven't forgotten about characters that appear in them.
lanadelrey
04/20/2015 03:31 AM (UTC)
I really want Ashrah abd Nitara to come back as they were two of my favorite characters, but they haven't even been mentioned in mkx at all.sad
SneakyLizard
04/20/2015 03:42 AM (UTC)
While I'm positive that characters like Fujin, Havik, Sareena, and Reiko will appear again, I really want Kai, Dairou, Chameleon, and Khameleon to appear again, as I love those characters and feel they deserve another shot. So far, they have not been mentioned at all in the alternate timeline.
nightbreed_16
About Me

I will rock you.

04/20/2015 03:46 AM (UTC)
Kobra unless he comes back as a revenant because we found out in one of Erron Black's intros that he killed Kobra.
BiohazardEXTREME
04/20/2015 03:47 AM (UTC)
I'm hoping Shujinko, Hsu Hao and Kobra don't come back. They were pretty terrible. If the comics are canon, Hsu Hao should be dead, and hopefully he stays that way. Same with Shujinko. And Kobra... Well, there was actually a mention of Kobra being dead in one of the fight intros, so again, hopefully that's canon and we won't be seeing him.
mentalbreakdown
04/20/2015 03:47 AM (UTC)
I can't see Nitara coming back, for one
SneakyLizard
04/20/2015 03:57 AM (UTC)
nightbreed_16 Wrote:
Kobra unless he comes back as a revenant because we found out in one of Erron Black's intros that he killed Kobra.

Maybe Kobra will appear in the comics, then we'll see Erron Black kill him.

One thing I just don't understand is how Kobra has fans. Heck, he even appears in various fan fictions. Seriously do certain people have some kind of fetish for that loser of a character? What the hell?
ImperatrixSindel
04/20/2015 04:46 AM (UTC)
My guesses for characters who have bowed out for good:

From the original trilogy: Baraka, Kintaro, Kabal, Stryker, Nightwolf, Sektor, Chameleon, Khameleon, and Sheeva.

From MK4: Kai, Jarek, Meat. I think Reiko will probably die in the comic book, and if so then him too.

From Deadly Alliance: Blaze, Drahmin, Hsu Hao, Mavado, Nitara, Mokap, Moloch.

From Deception: Kobra, Dairou, Darrius, Hotaru, Shujinko. Probably Kira too.

From Armageddon: Taven, Daegon.
Dibula
About Me

04/20/2015 04:56 AM (UTC)
I actually think Mokap and Meat have a better chance of returning than many characters. Fans claim to hate them, but it has been proven time and again to be a love-hate relationship. They have a certain amount of comedic value that makes them redeemable, whereas characters like Darrius, Kobra, and Kira seemed to be last minute try hard attempts at story-pushing who don't even have a humor card to pull. Nobody has ever taken Meat or Mokap seriously. That never stopped them from getting relentless cameos outside of roster spots.

Now just to clarify, I wouldn't be upset if they never returned. I am simply making the point that people throw them away too easily, because they always fall into the trap of thinking MK is actually thoughtful enough to take itself completely seriously.

Money on the table, I would bet on Meat getting a return before even a revenant Hsu Hao.

But that's just like, my opinion, man.
ImperatrixSindel
04/20/2015 04:58 AM (UTC)
Meat I could definitely see returning as an easter egg, for sure.
Darkk
04/20/2015 06:14 AM (UTC)
Characters that have no chance of ever being playable again:

Dairou
Darrius
Drahmin
Hsu Hao
Jarek
Kobra
Mavado
Meat
Mokap
Moloch
Motaro
Nitara

Some like Meat as an easter egg, or Motaro as an npc could appear. But i doubt any of these will ever be playable.
etuisee
04/20/2015 06:24 AM (UTC)
Was it ever explained why Jade wasnt a revenent?
ImperatrixSindel
04/20/2015 06:26 AM (UTC)
etuisee Wrote:

Nope.
Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
She appears in Kitana's arcade ending as a weird glowing green ghost, though.
BiohazardEXTREME
04/20/2015 06:28 AM (UTC)
etuisee Wrote:

Not really, but based on Kitana's Mournful style, and her ending, I guess it can be assumed that Jade's revenant form was simply destroyed in the original war. Though it is a bit odd that they left her out when they included everyone else, even characters that you don't even fight in the story mode, like Kabal, Stryker and Smoke.
I don't know whether to laugh or just be confused that someone actually called Darrius a rip-off of Blade.
SwingBatta
04/20/2015 06:33 AM (UTC)
Darkk Wrote:
Characters that have no chance of ever being playable again:

Dairou
Darrius
Drahmin
Hsu Hao
Jarek
Kobra
Mavado
Meat
Mokap
Moloch
Motaro
Nitara

Some like Meat as an easter egg, or Motaro as an npc could appear. But i doubt any of these will ever be playable.

You're sounding like you know all this for a fact, which, of course, you don't.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.