Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • July 17th, 2018
    John Tobias to Feature on Comic-Con Digitized Graphics Panel [Read On]
  • July 15th, 2018
    Ed Boon Avatar Change Sparks MK/DC Fan Speculation [Read On]
  • July 13th, 2018
    James Wan & Ed Boon Rebuff False Movie Reports [Read On]
  • July 13th, 2018
    MK Movie Writer Kills Raiden & Sonya Rumors [Read On]
  • July 12th, 2018
    Writer Greg Russo Responds to MK Movie Character Rumors [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Round 3: FIGHT!
Kenshi (50%)
Scorpion (50%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 8

Mick-LuciferPosted: 07/30/2014 06:31 PMStatus ::
New Mortal Kombat X Details Coming at Gamescom

With Mortal Kombat X absent from this year's San Diego Comic Con, many fans have queried us about which event would bring the next big reveal. You asked - Creaitve Director Ed Boon has answered:

If you don't speak Boon, those conveniently capitalized letters spell out: Gamescom -- the annual gaming trade fair held in Germany! This year's Gamescom takes place a little over two weeks from now: August 14-17.

Update (Aug. 10): Over the weekend, Dark Overlord Ed Boon confirmed a video update to go with the German show. With the presence of klassic kombatant Kano in the latest issue of GamePro Germany [full story] - a Kano trailer may be next.

The trip to Cologne has become a calendar standard for NetherRealm Studios. Mortal Kombat Online was with you in 2010, when Kitana and Cyrax were character reveals for Mortal Kombat (2011)! In 2012, Catwoman was unveiled for Injustice: Gods Among Us. [Related Article: Gamescom: Ed Boon Talks Injustice & Fighting Game Community]

Raiden was the first solo character revealed since the launch at E3, filling the July order for new info! Will Gamescom deliver us our next Mortal Kombat X fighter unveiling? Register to share your speculation on the forum!

IcebabyPosted: 07/30/2014 06:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::11648
Nationality::United States
RE: New Mortal Kombat X Details Coming at Gamescom

I hope to see one-two new characters and maybe a new arena. I don't expect a lot to be revealed, but at least one of the two suggestions.

unleash_your_toungePosted: 07/30/2014 06:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::5818

I want Reptile!

But Fujin or Reiko will be aye okay for me. Also wouldn't mind a new character.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
unleash_your_toungePosted: 07/30/2014 06:43 PMStatus ::

Visits::5818

Icebaby Wrote:
I hope to see one-two new characters and maybe a new arena. I don't expect a lot to be revealed, but at least one of the two suggestions.

I've been looking forward to some new arenas too. They ought to showcase a few vignette style. Might give us insight on some of the new characters. Kinda like they did with The Flesh Pits and Mileena.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
thisiscouragePosted: 07/30/2014 06:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::1474

REPTILEEE

..but any character reveal will make me smile.

L-BowShotPosted: 07/30/2014 06:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::173

With all the hints i expect rain to be offically announced. I would love to hear reptile will be in as well though. And really ill be fine with whatever. At the moment i just want to see more gameplay i havent already seen....

Check out my MK vids on my Youtube Channel https://m.youtube.com/?#/channel/UC2SJfcFqCc7pySa1uS5Xfew --------------------- Find me on XBL GT: Icy X PSN: IcyX_88 ------- Want to make me a sig? Something simple with Reptile elbowing in mk9 would be great :)
AsesinoPosted: 07/30/2014 07:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::14266
Nationality::Bulgaria

It's Terminator - Kano. I got sources.

Mobster_For_SATANPosted: 07/30/2014 07:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::5189

Nice, with NRS not being at SDCC I hope there's more than 1 character reveal. I'm guessing they'll show 3, to make it an even 10 so far. But honestly, anymore than 1 is cool with me. I can't wait! Time will go by slow..
@L-Bow..dude, Rain won't be in. There are no hints of him being in, Boon doesn't really like the character and there's really no room for him.

septillionPosted: 07/30/2014 07:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::819

Hoping for Mileena, Reptile, or Tanya. Would also love to hear more about story mode!

"She had a pretty gift for quotation, which is a serviceable substitute for wit." --W. Somerset Maugham
DVorahPosted: 07/30/2014 07:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::628
Nationality::Netherlands

Mobster_For_SATAN Wrote:
Nice, with NRS not being at SDCC I hope there's more than 1 character reveal. I'm guessing they'll show 3, to make it an even 10 so far. But honestly, anymore than 1 is cool with me. I can't wait! Time will go by slow..
@L-Bow..dude, Rain won't be in. There are no hints of him being in, Boon doesn't really like the character and there's really no room for him.

Uhm. Boon really goes berserk with Rain hints, if he does that to annoy fans and give them bad hope, that isn't really a smart thing to do, specially so many cruel ones.

projectzero00Posted: 07/30/2014 07:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::2720
Nationality::Greece

Mobster_For_SATAN Wrote:
Rain won't be in. There are no hints of him being in, Boon doesn't really like the character and there's really no room for him.

There are. Go to the "Hints for Rain" thread. We've gathered a bunch of Boon's tweets about him. I wouldn't be so sure if I were you.

Mobster_For_SATANPosted: 07/30/2014 07:34 PMStatus ::

How is any of that actual proof of Rain possibly being in? If i'm wrong about this, i'll leave the site for life.

xysionPosted: 07/30/2014 07:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::260
Nationality::Italy

Hopefully a character reveal judging fromthe NRS's history at the event. I hope for two. That would be awesome.

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.
ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 07/30/2014 07:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::6177

Mobster_For_SATAN Wrote:

How in the hell do you know if there's no room for him? Are you secretly on the NRS team and know the roster? Or are you just going by the fact that you simply dislike the character and find him useless? I'm thinking it's the latter and that's fine, but let's not project your personal feelings on to anything else. And Boon have never stated that he disliked the character. Does he really care about him? No, but Boon doesn't hardly give a shit about anyone besides the usual suspects.

You're in no place to say there's "no room for him" just like I'm in no place to say there is room for him. And as others have stated- Boon has been shooting out a spew of Rain hints for a while now. But I'm sure you'll dismiss anything when it comes to Rain.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 07/30/2014 07:39 PMStatus ::

Mobster_For_SATAN Wrote:
How is any of that actual proof of Rain possibly being in? If i'm wrong about this, i'll leave the site for life.

Nobody is saying it's proof that he's in...we just stated those could be possible hints. Just like there's been possible hints at other characters.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
Mobster_For_SATANPosted: 07/30/2014 07:43 PMStatus ::

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
Mobster_For_SATAN Wrote:

How in the hell do you know if there's no room for him? Are secretly on the NRS team and know the roster? Or are you just going by the fact that you simply dislike the character and find him useless? I'm thinking it's the latter and that's fine, but let's not project your personal feelings on to anything else. And Boon have never stated that he disliked the character. Does he really care about him? No, but Boon doesn't hardly give a shit about anyone besides the usual suspect.

You're in no place to say there's "no room for him" just like I'm no place to say there is room for him. And as others have stated- Boon has been shooting out a spew of Rain hints for a while now. But I'm sure you'll dismiss anything when it comes to Rain.

So much anger, so many assumptions. Rain was my main in UMK3, and I was rooting for him in MK9. Infact he was the best DLC character, very well designed, and incredibly imaginative with his moves. But I still think there's no room for him, having a 50/50 split of new and vets I just don't see it happening. I'd like him to be, but i'm just trying to be realistic. There are others that are so much more popular than him, and Rain wasn't played much in MK9 according to the most played list. I'd want Rain in more than Noob at this point, but the most popular get in this time around. Seriously, with like 14 vets and 14 new (i'm being generous on the 50% aspect, there could be even less vets than new this time around). So that's all, when I say no room, I mean the more popular will get in because of the limited character slots this go around.

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 07/30/2014 07:50 PMStatus ::

Mobster_For_SATAN Wrote:
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
Mobster_For_SATAN Wrote:

How in the hell do you know if there's no room for him? Are secretly on the NRS team and know the roster? Or are you just going by the fact that you simply dislike the character and find him useless? I'm thinking it's the latter and that's fine, but let's not project your personal feelings on to anything else. And Boon have never stated that he disliked the character. Does he really care about him? No, but Boon doesn't hardly give a shit about anyone besides the usual suspect.

You're in no place to say there's "no room for him" just like I'm no place to say there is room for him. And as others have stated- Boon has been shooting out a spew of Rain hints for a while now. But I'm sure you'll dismiss anything when it comes to Rain.

So much anger, so many assumptions. Rain was my main in UMK3, and I was rooting for him in MK9. Infact he was the best DLC character, very well designed, and incredibly imaginative with his moves. But I still think there's no room for him, having a 50/50 split of new and vets I just don't see it happening. I'd like him to be, but i'm just trying to be realistic. There are others that are so much more popular than him, and Rain wasn't played much in MK9 according to the most played list. I'd want Rain in more than Noob at this point, but the most popular get in this time around. Seriously, with like 14 vets and 14 new (i'm being generous on the 50% aspect, there could be even less vets than new this time around). So that's all, when I say no room, I mean the more popular will get in because of the limited character slots this go around.

Well we shall see. I doubt he'll be in as well, but I just don't like the "Oh everyone has a shot of being in as long as it's not Rain!" mentality some people have.

mkdfanPosted: 07/30/2014 07:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::8531
Nationality::England

Excellent. Don't know what to expect, I'll take anything to be honest.
Looking forward to it.

Mobster_For_SATANPosted: 07/30/2014 07:56 PMStatus ::

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
Mobster_For_SATAN Wrote:
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
Mobster_For_SATAN Wrote:

Well we shall see. I doubt he'll be in as well, but I just don't like the "Oh everyone has a shot of being in as long as it's not Rain!" mentality some people have.

Nah, fuck that and fuck them. Honestly, most of people's favorites don't seem to be making it in. Seriously, more than half of the MK9 roster won't be in, again because of the limited space. I'd want Reptile, Ermac, and Rain as the only ninjas to be making it other than the obvious Scorpion and Sub. Noob players turned me off of wanting him in, even though he's the shit. People hating Rain doesn't change the fact that they put an insane amount of time and detail into his look and moves. Look at Skarlet, now THAT is a fucking joke character. Looks like they made her overnight.

Tazer_GunshotPosted: 07/30/2014 08:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::572
Nationality::Canada

I'm hoping for 4 character reveals minimum at GamesCom. All in the aspect of how Raiden was revealed at EVO.

From MK4 (any one)

Shinnok
Tanya
Fujin

Mostly Shinnok though.

MK9 (any one)

Johnny Cage (Seido for a variation)
Kano
Reptile
Cyrax
Sektor
Jade (or as the entity)
Baraka
Mileena

2 New Characters

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 07/30/2014 08:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::19712

Icebaby Wrote:

This seems most likely.

I'm just hoping for Fujin to be one of them but not holding my breath.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
TemperaryUserNamePosted: 07/30/2014 08:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::6084

I would really like some new stages revealed. Not really crazy about the ones we have now. I'd like to see a little more color in this game.

New sig on the way
squirt007ncPosted: 07/30/2014 08:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::369

Hoping for fujin but won't get my hopes up like I did for evo. Me I'll be going in expecting anything don't want to be dissapointed

DarkenedSoulPosted: 07/30/2014 08:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::27

Only character reveals are good in my book. They are the most exciting. A new stage will probably be revealed though.

Bring on Quan Chi!

I'm thinking that if they reveal any section of storymode, that it will ruin anything for us. For example, hope they don't have Sub's chapter revealed.
I say don't reveal anything to do with storymode and let us find out for ourselves when we play it.

DellombiePosted: 07/30/2014 08:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::157
Nationality::Antarctica

Thats good news!!

I REALLY hope to see at least one character from the 3D era revealed, a SURVIVAL from MK9 (Kano,Reptile or Sektor for example), and one or 2 NEW characters (would love if one of them is Tremor!, he could be considered new).

Page of 8

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.