Where is Shang Tsung?
posted08/05/2014 01:31 AM (UTC)by
daryui
About Me
Our favorite inferior sorcerer was thought to be inside Super Saiyan Sindel, but that isn't the case.

So since he supposedly died during this whole Kahn ordeal, he should be apart of the Netherealm zombies, but death doesn't mean you go to the Netherealm either it seems.

He also took a vow to Shao Kahn and would join him in death, and since the Elder gods killed Kahn could they claim possession of his soul and be joined by Shang or will he float in limbo and appear from nowhere? But In Quan Chi's ending, he ressurected Kahn, so I guess they didn't bother cleaning up after themselves.

However...This should mean the souls of Kenshi's ancestors be freed as well...

Should Shang come back, could he be an enemy if a suspposed dark Kang with all new power?
Tazer_Gunshot
08/02/2014 04:07 PM (UTC)
I would like for him to return. What's MK without him? If he does return, I sure hope he attains his soul steal fatality. A new never seen before one at that.
diirecthit
08/02/2014 04:36 PM (UTC)
In a grave
Sub-Zero_7th
08/02/2014 04:37 PM (UTC)
If Shang Tsung returns, I would like for him to have more of the charisma of the movie version instead of being cheesy like in the last couple of games.
Jaded-Raven
08/02/2014 04:47 PM (UTC)
I wonder, since Shao Kahn only took Shang Tsung's powers and gave them to Sindel... Why did Shang Tsung vanish then? Where'd he go? What happened to his physical body?

When watching the scene in MK9, it does indeed look like ALL of Shang Tsung is possessing Sindel, body and soul, since Shang Tsung completely disappears. So it is only reaosnable to assume that Shang Tsung has ceased to exist and become one with Sindel.

Since that is not the case though, it leaves us with alot of unanswered questions. Hopefully they will be answered somehow, either in MKX or by other means.
Icebaby
08/02/2014 04:49 PM (UTC)
My head hurts reading those, only because it made no sense for him to just vanish like that if it was just his powers that got took from him. Shang Tsung... Where did you go?!
Jaded-Raven
08/02/2014 04:50 PM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
My head hurts reading those, only because it made no sense for him to just vanish like that if it was just his powers that got took from him. Shang Tsung... Where did you go?!

My point exactly!!!
raidenthefridge
About Me

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!

08/02/2014 05:02 PM (UTC)
I have a feeling the original intent was for Shang Tsung to be "Transferred" to Sindel, like we all sort of thought.

Those tweets sound like they've just changed there mind or want to include Shang in some from in MKX...I meam he just disappears completely.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

08/02/2014 05:36 PM (UTC)
Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:
I would like for him to return. What's MK without him? If he does return, I sure hope he attains his soul steal fatality. A new never seen before one at that.

MK has shown to be alright without Shang, for example, MKD, and that game kicks ass.
ReptzMK
08/02/2014 05:45 PM (UTC)
Sub-Zero_7th Wrote:
If Shang Tsung returns, I would like for him to have more of the charisma of the movie version instead of being cheesy like in the last couple of games.

This.

♡ Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa ♡ grin
krajax
08/02/2014 05:47 PM (UTC)
"Where is Shang Tsung?"

Pooping in a rest stop bathroom inside Dunkin' Donuts on Route 666
KungLaodoesntsuck
08/02/2014 05:48 PM (UTC)
Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:
What's MK without him?

Still MK.
~Nova
About Me

Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of a war drum

08/02/2014 06:06 PM (UTC)
Maybe he's rotting somewhere in a weakened state. I'd like for him to come back in his aged form, it's always been my favorite of his.
Mobster_For_SATAN
08/02/2014 06:29 PM (UTC)
People really thought it was Shang Tsung inside of Sindel? Really? Really? Really???
Jaded-Raven
08/02/2014 06:34 PM (UTC)
Mobster_For_SATAN Wrote:
People really thought it was Shang Tsung inside of Sindel? Really? Really? Really???

Why is that hard for you to believe? The scene depicts Shao Kahn turning ALL of Shang Tsung into green soul energy and merges it with Sindel. There is absolutely no hint of Shang Tsung leaving behind a body or a shell of any sort.
Tazer_Gunshot
08/02/2014 07:10 PM (UTC)
Final thought about this thread.

One way or another, SHANG TSUNG will be in MKX!
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

08/02/2014 07:26 PM (UTC)
Yeah it looked like Shao Kahn gave Sindel Shang Tsung's soul and perhaps the souls he currently possessed to empower her. I would assume that means Shang is in there somewhere swimming about.
Tazer_Gunshot
08/02/2014 07:29 PM (UTC)
oracle Wrote:
Yeah it looked like Shao Kahn gave Sindel Shang Tsung's soul and perhaps the souls he currently possessed to empower her. I would assume that means Shang is in there somewhere swimming about.

Apparently Sindel is "dead", but, wouldn't anyone think since she has Shang's and the souls he had, could she return as boss?
RazorsEdge701
08/02/2014 07:32 PM (UTC)
Is this goofy motherfucker saying Motaro went to Heaven when he died?
...Or wait, oh snap! Motaro's Ghost confirmed for MKX! lol
balkcsiaboot
08/02/2014 07:41 PM (UTC)
Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:
What's MK without him?

It's called MK Deception... and that was one of the best MK games.
L-BowShot
About Me

Check out my MK vids on my Youtube Channel

https://m.youtube.com/?#/channel/UC2SJfcFqCc7pySa1uS5Xfew

Find me on XBL GT: Icy X PSN: IcyX_88

Want to make me a sig? Something simple with Reptile elbowing in mk9 would be great :)

08/02/2014 08:23 PM (UTC)
.... Deception one of the best games? Thats a joke.... Id say it does have a decent story line, only great part about it is the big twist though, but overall Deception is only better than Armageddon and MKvsDC. Now i can respect Deception being your personal fav, but the game plays like crap so once you get past the gimmick of unlocking everything there is very little value left in thr game, and it has some of the worst MK chars ever!

With that said, i myself actually like Deception and do think it is a good MK nerd game... Seeing all the chars is konquest is kool. Puzzle and chess modes kool. Great fatalities and great new looks for chars like liu sub and rai-dude lol. But take away my love for mk and take a look at deception for just what it is and it sucks. Only good thing to come from deception in the long run is thr combo breakers.

Anyways sorry for getting off topic...

Shang Tsung i also believed to be gone.... Maybe because how it looks in mk9, Shang maybe the familiar villan fans know yet ironically wont see coming back as main bad? Idk that might be a little too far fetched but i think Eds fav mk villan is actually Shang Tsung so who knows....
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

08/02/2014 09:50 PM (UTC)
Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:
Apparently Sindel is "dead", but, wouldn't anyone think since she has Shang's and the souls he had, could she return as boss?
Well Quan Chi was in control of her soul at the end of MK9 so either Quan Chi controls Shang's soul (directly or indirectly) or he's out there in the ether without a physical body OR he's gone somewhere outside of the Netherrealm when he died.
creed200569
08/02/2014 10:13 PM (UTC)
Morphing into multiple kharacters needs to.return. I understand only 3 for tournaments but for single player,it should def b.more n let us do all.the alities from that kharacter too
Lokheit
08/02/2014 10:43 PM (UTC)
With the variations feature it would be really confusing to have a morphing skill, as you would need to learn both the character and the variations to know what you're doing. If Shang comes back I'm not really sure we would be able to morph (and in at least one case he would morph into 2 separate characters).
L-BowShot
About Me

Check out my MK vids on my Youtube Channel

https://m.youtube.com/?#/channel/UC2SJfcFqCc7pySa1uS5Xfew

Find me on XBL GT: Icy X PSN: IcyX_88

Want to make me a sig? Something simple with Reptile elbowing in mk9 would be great :)

08/03/2014 12:22 AM (UTC)
I think they have done the best we can realistically hope for in mk9 as far as Shangs morphing goes. They could pull it off in same way in mkx just being limited to morph into your opponent and whatever variation the are using. Yeah i know its not the same as the 2d games but it was a whole lot easier back then. Realistically right now if they tried to make it so Shang could morph to whom ever whenever that would create pauses during gameplay to load the character models. Or maybe they could try loading up the whole roster before the fight starts whenever someone uses Shang, but that would probably make load times really long and might just make the can crash over and over making him unplayable.... And even if they did figure it out some way for mkx there still all the variations so then would probably have it like what variation of chars you morph into depends on what variation you picked for Shang. Regardless, it wont be any more better than it was in mk9 and thatw just that. Should be happy with it since in mkda he cant morph at all.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.