[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

08/15/2014 12:25 PM (UTC)
Chrome Wrote:
Well the series has been hit and miss mostly.

SH2, 4 and Downpour were the only one's with merit so far, but this looks promising as hell. And Del Toro is my favourite horror director.

I hope you just forgot to put 1 and 3 in there. You didn't like those 2?
Shadaloo
About Me
MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
08/15/2014 02:33 PM (UTC)
Chrome Wrote:

SH2, 4 and Downpour were the only one's with merit so far, but this looks promising as hell. And Del Toro is my favourite horror director.

I'd swap out 4 for 3, but yeah.
Kabal20
About Me

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

08/15/2014 03:34 PM (UTC)
I started playing the demo last night before bed. I had to shut it off after the bathroom door incident. Definetly felt it was going to get worst and I didn't want it on my mind when I went to bed. I'll give it another go after work. Definitely freaked me out.
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
08/15/2014 09:10 PM (UTC)
I strongly recommend called your friends over for this teaser. It's extremely entertaining, especially if you've already played through it and you're mostly waiting for your friend's reactions.

I'll probably have to play it alone when the full game is released (which will be nothing short of masochism, lol) since having friends over for a complete play through is unrealistic these days.
Darkhound74
08/16/2014 06:14 AM (UTC)
The final puzzle is a pain in the ass. From what I understand there are multiple ways of completing the demo, but it's random which method you have to use.
[Killswitch]
About Me

08/16/2014 08:46 PM (UTC)
I'm not one who hurries for a petition to be signed, but this one caught my eye and, well, I signed it. It's for Kojima to recruit the men that understand the series the most being Hiroyuki Owaku, Masahiro Ito, and Akira Yamaoka.

Here's the link to the petition and it will be in my signature. I really want this to happen and it's worth a shot to try.
Chrome
About Me

08/16/2014 09:00 PM (UTC)
[Killswitch] Wrote:
Chrome Wrote:

I hope you just forgot to put 1 and 3 in there. You didn't like those 2?

No, deliberately.

The whole cult storyline was bullshit mostly. Silent Hill worked perfectly when it was about personal drama, and not some stock cult and world-destroying god or whatever pseudodeity they came up with. basically Jacobs Ladder with evil enemies: otherwise known as boring.

1 and 3 arenát appealing storywise, and do not work really. Silent Hill 4 suffers from some of the same opaque cult background but there is enough personality and claustrophoby to get by.

Silent Hill fails when it tries to forcefully tie everything into a narrative line. The best ones are stand alone stories, and that is what the series should have been, only with the town as the common denominator.
[Killswitch]
About Me

08/16/2014 09:31 PM (UTC)
I'll just respectfully disagree. I love 2 and 4, but I think 1 and 3 were the peak of the series, (3 more than 1 imo.) Downpour can go fuck itself though.
Chrome
About Me

08/16/2014 10:49 PM (UTC)
At least Downpour tried to put the person back into the SH games. Could have been worse, the comics, those are abysmal.

The franchise needs this. Silent Hill has passed away as a legitimate franchise for horror, it has aped it's own roots, the American developers could only manage Downpour to be tolerably good, the franchise is creatively dead.

Needs a restart. Or better yet, the Hills title may start a new franchise, what I would very much like to do a different kind of horror than in the previous SH games. Fresh start, no connections and so no throwbacks and atavisms.
Kabal20
About Me

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

08/17/2014 01:23 AM (UTC)
I've managed to make it to what is apparently the final puzzle, but I can't beat it. Even following the guide I can only get 1 baby giggle.

I don't think I've found all the picture pieces though. So I'm not sure if that might have anything to do with it.

Defiantly freaky as as hell.
mkdfan
About Me
08/17/2014 01:44 AM (UTC)
Looks awesome! I don't get why they are releasing a demo that is apparently nothing like the actual game though.
Is it a PS4 exclusive? I'd totally buy a PS4 for this but it has to be amazing.
Looking forward to more info.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
09/01/2014 10:42 AM (UTC)
- Konami's P.T. Has Been Downloaded 1 Million Times

In just two weeks, the game has been downloaded over 1 million times on PlayStation 4. Kojima acknowledged that he didn't expect the puzzle to be solved for at least a week, but was actually cracked in four hours.

According to Kojima, there are six "layers" required to uncover the ending that reveals P.T. as a tease for Silent Hills. Fans are still trying to find out the right combination to guarantee the "real" ending of the game.

Rock on. Now tell me everything about Silent Hills!
[Killswitch]
About Me

09/01/2014 07:57 PM (UTC)
I've heard Silent Hills might be shown off at the Tokyo Game Show. Keep an eye out for that. You know I will.
[Killswitch]
About Me

09/01/2014 09:28 PM (UTC)
Here's a new promotional picture of Norman Reedus for Silent Hills. Look at that gruffy ass man.
[Killswitch]
About Me

09/19/2014 07:50 PM (UTC)
The news of Silent Hills possibly being an "episodic experience" is really turning me off. I don't like the idea at all

Link.

The link above features what was shown at TGS 2014 regarding Silent Hills. Also include a "concept trailer" of Silent Hills. The trailer was...interesting, but not too much of a Silent Hill vibe to me. They just showed fancy shit for the sake of fancy shit.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
09/20/2014 05:44 AM (UTC)
[Killswitch] Wrote:
The news of Silent Hills possibly being an "episodic experience" is really turning me off. I don't like the idea at all

Link.

Ughhh. Good Is good. PT really sells the idea of a quality, concise, limited experience. I'd give it a chance to prove itself on its own terms. That wouldn't stop it being a bit of a buzzkill, though. Doesn't live up to the expectation of a big deal game.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

10/07/2014 03:13 AM (UTC)
- Hideo Kojima's Silent Hill Recreated In Mincraft [via Minecraft]

If you thought that Hideo Kojima's playable demo for the new Silent Hill was too scary to play, then maybe you just need a bloxy recreation to make the experience more palatable. Who are we kidding, P.T is scary even in MInecraft form.

Video in article. Fun. [See also; Minecraft thread]
[Killswitch]
About Me

11/06/2014 06:16 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

12/21/2014 11:57 PM (UTC)
- Norman Reedus Has Not Yet Begun Work On Silent Hills' "Heavy Stuff"

Reedus' role in Silent Hills was revealed after completing the P.T., in which players learned they had been playing as a character with his likeness the whole time in a demo for a new Silent Hill. In his Reddit A.M.A., Reedus wrote, "I’m super excited to be a part of [Silent Hills]. Both [Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro] are geniuses at what they do. We haven't shot the heavy stuff yet. Kojima approached me right after Guillermo did."

MK fans complaining about a lack of promotional info. Gimme a break!
[Killswitch]
About Me

12/22/2014 12:44 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
MK fans complaining about a lack of promotional info. Gimme a break!

You're telling me. I'm going crazy over here!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

03/24/2015 05:17 AM (UTC)
- Konami Responds to Queries Over Hideo Kojima Leaving Rumours

Speaking to IGN, a Konami representative said: "As we have already announced, we are shifting our production structure to a headquarters-controlled system, in order to establish a steadfast operating base capable of responding to the rapid market changes that surround our digital entertainment business. Konami Digital Entertainment (including Mr. Kojima), will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Please look forward to future announcements.”

Weekend storm seems to be all about Kojima leaving. Lots of talk about Metal Gear Solid. WHAT ABOUT SILENT HILLS?!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/02/2015 06:07 PM (UTC)
- Kojima Productions logo gone from Silent Hills website

After an anonymous source discussed ‘power struggles’ between Konami and Kojima with Gamespot , there has been endless questioning of Kojima’s continuing work with Konami but it might not all be doom and gloom. As we reported last month a corporate restructuring did take place within Konami that shifted its ‘production structure to a headquarters controlled system.’ In theory this would mean that Kojima Productions would still be within the Konami name. We asked Konami for further clarification on this and it responded with 'there is no new statement.'

While Konami did announce a new Metal Gear title last month and once again didn’t mention Kojima, we had known for a while that Kojima was planning MGS 5 to be his final Metal Gear. Kojima’s Fox Engine logo is still there which could be a reassuring sign that not all is lost for the survival horror revival.

Kojima himself has reappeared on Twitter again after a long absence but his only comment so far has been his official joint statement with Konami of being "100% involved" in the development of MGS V and his determination to "make it the greatest game I've directed to date." Guillermo Del Toro has not discussed any more of his involvement with the project. These two minds together on a horror game has already proved to be terrifying in their Playable Teaser. Perhaps all is not lost just yet.

Does it absolutely need Kojima? Can it work without him?
[Killswitch]
About Me

04/02/2015 06:21 PM (UTC)
I've been worried about this news, but it could probably work out. It doesn't really need Kojima, but I was looking forward to it because anyone was better than Hulett and his bomb squad.
KingBellsprout
04/02/2015 06:38 PM (UTC)
As long as Hijinx studios is on the job. Those guys really know how to make top notch material.
[Killswitch]
About Me

04/02/2015 07:45 PM (UTC)
TheNinjasRock071394 Wrote:
As long as Hijinx studios is on the job. Those guys really know how to make top notch material.

Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.