Blade Runner 2049 (2017 film sequel)
posted09/27/2017 01:24 PM (UTC)by
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!

A brief history:

- Ridley Scott to direct new Blade Runner film [Aug. 19, 2011]

"It would be a gross understatement to say that we are elated Ridley Scott will shepherd this iconic story into a new, exciting direction," producers Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove said in a statement.

"This is once in a lifetime project for us."

Kosove told the Los Angeles Times that the new film will stand on its own.

"Everything Ridley does as a filmmaker is fresh. I believe he sees an opportunity to create something that's wholly original from the first Blade Runner," he said.

The producer added that filming could begin in 2013 at the earliest, with the movie not in cinemas until at least 2014.

Although no hint has been given about casting yet, Kosove said it was unlikely Ford would return in his role as Rick Deckard.

"In no way do I speak for Ridley Scott, but if you're asking me will this movie have anything to do with Harrison Ford? The answer is no.

"This is a total reinvention, and in my mind that means doing everything fresh, including casting."

- Harrison Ford in Blade Runner 2? [Feb. 6, 2012]

Twitch claims that Ford, who has made his dislike for the original film known over the years and who clashed with director Ridley Scott making it, "has entered into early talks to join the new Blade Runner. While this is still very early stages and it is quite possible that things won't work out the obvious implication is that what we are looking at is not a reboot but a direct sequel to the original."

What do you all think? Sound off in the Comments below!

UPDATE, Feb. 6: Deadline chatted with Blade Runner 2 producer Andrew Kosove of Alcon Entertainment, who denied the Ford rumors. "It is absolutely patently false that there has been any discussion about Harrison Ford being in Blade Runner," said Kosove. "To be clear, what we are trying to do with ridley now is go through the painstaking process of trying to break the back of the story, figure out the direction we're going to take the movie and find a writer to work on it. The casting of the movie could not be further from our minds at this moment."

Very uncertain, potentially exciting prospect. The news has been out there for a long while. Lets get a conversation going on MKO. See if you can avoid being glum.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
08/26/2014 05:23 PM (UTC)
- Ridley Scott: 'Martian,' 'Blade Runner,' 'Prometheus' sequels are all written

Of course, there are multiple projects that Scott’s due to direct—like the highly anticipated Blade Runner sequel co-written with Hampton Fancher (who helped adapt the Philip K. Dick novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? into Scott’s 1982 film) and Michael Green (Green Lantern). It’s no secret that Ridley Scott wants Harrison Ford to return. In May, Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson, co-founders and CEO of Alcon, put out this statement: “We believe that Hampton Fancher and Michael Green have crafted with Ridley Scott an extraordinary sequel to one of the greatest films of all time. We would be honored, and we are hopeful, that Harrison will be part of our project,”

“It’s written and it’s damn good,” Scott says of the Blade Runner sequel. “Of course it involves Harrison, who is a survivor after all these years—despite the accident,” he says with a laugh (referring, no doubt, to Ford’s Star Wars injury). “So yes, that will happen.” (Ford’s camp has not yet responded on Ford’s commitment to the project.)

The dance continues...
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/24/2014 10:15 PM (UTC)
- Ridley Scott Updates Us On 'Blade Runner' Sequel, 'Prometheus 2,' and How We've See the Last of the Aliens

Sir Ridley Scott is worried a meeting with Harrison Ford about ‘Blade Runner 2’ may have led to his accident on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII.

“We met the night before he had the accident,” reveals Scott, “so I hope I had nothing to do with it.”

“It’s on the charts,” he reveals. “I can’t say when that would be yet, because of [Ford’s] thing with ‘Star Wars’. It’s a sequel – it’s what happens next. It’s quite surprisingly clever.”
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

11/26/2014 12:31 AM (UTC)
- ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings’ Director Ridley Scott on Creating His Vision of Moses

When “The Martian” wraps later this winter, Scott already has a fair idea what he’ll be doing next, though it likely won’t be the much-anticipated “Blade Runner” sequel he developed with the original film’s co-screenwriter, Hampton Fancher. “We talked at length about what it could be, and came up with a pretty strong three-act storyline, and it all makes sense in terms of how it relates to the first one,” says Scott, who adds that fans can expect to see Harrison Ford back in the saddle as the futuristic gumshoe Rick Deckard. “Harrison is very much part of this one, but really it’s about finding him; he comes in in the third act.” Per Scott, that Alcon Entertainment production should go before the cameras within the next year, but with someone else directing (he’ll produce).

Pffrrrrtttttttttttt~~~!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

12/04/2014 12:04 AM (UTC)
- Ridley Scott: I Could Still Direct Blade Runner Sequel (Exclusive)

The British filmmaker told Yahoo he was reluctant to reliquish control of the sequel to his “most personal” film, revealing that the script is “very, very good.”

"I don’t know about [not directing ‘Blade Runner 2’] yet," the 77-year old director told Yahoo while promoting his new film ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings’.

Wooooo!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

02/27/2015 03:50 AM (UTC)
- Harrison Ford to Return for ‘Blade Runner’ Sequel Directed by Denis Villeneuve

“Prisoners” director Denis Villeneuve is in negotiations to direct Harrison Ford in the “Blade Runner” sequel for Alcon Entertainment.

The announcement was made on Thursday.

Written by Hampton Fancher and Michael Green, the “Blade Runner” sequel will take place several decades after the 1982 original.

Ford recently said the second installment’s script was the “best thing he’s ever read.” He will reprise his role as Rick Deckard in the film, which originally took place in a dystopian 2019 Los Angeles.

Further plot details are known.

Ridley Scott will produce the sci-fi thriller alongside Alcon’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson.

“We are honored that Harrison is joining us on this journey with Denis Villeneuve, who is a singular talent, as we experienced personally on Prisoners,” Kosove and Johnson said in a joint statement. “Hampton and Michael, with Ridley Scott, have crafted a uniquely potent and faithful sequel to one of the most universally celebrated films of all time, and we couldn’t be more thrilled with this amazing, creative team.”

Why you playin, Ridley? C'mon, man.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/17/2015 04:41 AM (UTC)
- Ryan Gosling in talks to star in Blade Runner sequel opposite Harrison Ford

Ryan Gosling is in talks to star in director Ridley Scott’s sequel to Blade Runner, EW has confirmed.

The 34-year-old actor has been tapped to star opposite Harrison Ford, who will reprise his original Blade Runner role as Rick Deckard.

The sci-fi sequel—penned by Hampton Fancher, who co-wote the original Blade Runner—will reportedly take place several decades after the original film, which was set in 2019 Los Angeles. Specific details about the story and Gosling’s potential character are currently being kept under wraps.

Photography on Scott’s sequel to the 1982 cult classic will begin next summer.

Wait, so Scott's back in?
Historical Favorite
04/17/2015 09:08 AM (UTC)
Fingers crossed for a young guy / old guy buddy cop comedy.
Coltess
04/17/2015 09:34 AM (UTC)
I love Blade Runner, but H.F.'s expiration date is a bit close for comfort. Personally, I'd rather see J.J. get a crack at Indy in between Star Warses, to attempt to retire the franchise on a high note.
Chrome
About Me

04/19/2015 09:19 AM (UTC)
Do androids dream of sequelless peace?
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/21/2015 06:03 AM (UTC)
- The Blade Runner sequel will be shot by one of the greatest cinematographers of all time

The team behind the upcoming Blade Runner sequel have announced who will be shooting the film, and it's enough to get even the most jaded fan excited. Academy Award-nominated cinematographer Roger Deakins will be shooting the film for director Denis Villeneuve, marking the third collaboration between the two filmmakers (they also worked on Prisoners and Sicario, which just premiered at the Cannes Film Festival).
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/24/2015 05:51 AM (UTC)
- Blade Runner sequel may be called Androids Dream after Warner Bros. register web domains

Two web domains have been registered in the last two days - bladerunnerandroidsdreammovie.com and androidsdreammovie.com - by a company long used by Warner Bros., according to the BBC.

This has lead speculators to believe the film will be called caller either Blade Runner: Androids Dream or simply Androids Dream.

Could just as likely be part of prospective marketing plans, or just an early grab of URLs they want to have available.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

11/19/2015 05:10 AM (UTC)
- Ridley Scott reveals details of opening scene of Blade Runner sequel

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
“We decided to start the film off with the original starting block of the original film,” said Scott, according to the blog Slash Film. “We always loved the idea of a dystopian universe, and we start off at what I describe as a ‘factory farm’ – what would be a flat land with farming. Wyoming. Flat, not rolling – you can see for 20 miles. No fences, just ploughed, dry dirt.

“Turn around and you see a massive tree, just dead, but the tree is being supported and kept alive by wires that are holding the tree up. It’s a bit like The Grapes of Wrath; there’s dust, and the tree is still standing. By that tree is a traditional, Grapes of Wrath-type white cottage with a porch. Behind it at a distance of two miles, in the twilight, is this massive combine harvester that’s fertilising this ground. You’ve got 16 Klieg lights on the front, and this combine is four times the size of this cottage. And now a spinner [a flying car] comes flying in, creating dust. Of course, traditionally chased by a dog that barks.

“The doors open, a guy gets out and there you’ve got Rick Deckard. He walks in to the cottage, opens the door, smells stew, sits down and waits for the guy to pull up to the house to arrive. The guy’s seen him, so the guy pulls the combine behind the cottage and it towers three stories above it, and the man climbs down from a ladder – a big man. He steps onto the balcony and he goes to Harrison [Ford]’s side. The cottage actually [creaks]; this guy’s got to be 350 pounds. I’m not going to say anything else – you’ll have to go see the movie.”

More in the article. If you're cool, do check it out.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/16/2016 07:04 AM (UTC)
- Blade Runner sequel concept art: See a first look

Plot details, written by Fancher and Michael Green, are being closely guarded, but the director confirms to EW that events take place several decades after the original. The setting is once again a future Los Angeles, albeit one that spreads over much of the West Coast. “The climate has gone berserk – the ocean, the rain, the snow is all toxic,” Villeneuve says. The vehicle pictured in this exclusive concept art from the sequel, Villeneuve says, is a kind of snow blower that hovers over the streets and destroys snow. He laughs. “It’s a Canadian wet dream!”

Ryan Gosling costars with Ford, who is back as runner Rick Deckard – ”he’s full of wisdom and good advice,” according to the filmmaker. Ridley Scott serves as an executive producer, while Roger Deakins, who last teamed with Villeneuve on last year’s Sicario, serves as DP. “It’s a great team and spirits are very high,” Villenevue says. “Failure is not an option.”

The Blade Runner sequel, from Alcon Entertainment, is slated to arrive in theaters on Oct. 6, 2017. See another piece of exclusive concept art below.

More info and art in the article.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/19/2016 03:29 AM (UTC)
- Jared Leto Joins ‘Blade Runner’ Sequel

Jared Leto has joined the upcoming “Blade Runner” sequel, it was announced on Thursday.

The Thirty Seconds to Mars frontman most recently appeared as the Joker in Warner Bros.’ “Suicide Squad,” which was panned by critics but has enjoyed a strong box office performance. Leto also earned over 60 awards, including an Oscar and a Golden Globe, for his performance in “Dallas Buyers Club” opposite Matthew McConaughey.

The sequel to the 1982 sci-fi classic is set several decades after original, with Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role as Rick Deckard. The cast also includes Ryan Gosling, Robin Wright, Ana de Armas, Sylvia Hoeks, Carla Juri, Mackenzie Davis, Barkhad Abdi, David Dastmalchian, Hiam Abbass, Lennie James and Dave Bautista.

Ehhh...
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

08/19/2016 03:39 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/25/2016 05:44 AM (UTC)
- ‘Blade Runner 2’: Jóhann Jóhannsson To Score Denis Villeneuve’s Sequel

Jóhann Jóhannsson, the Icelandic composer behind the Academy Award-nominated scores for “Sicario” and “The Theory of Everything,” has just signed on to compose the music for Denis Villeneuve’s “Blade Runner” sequel.

According to Iceland Monitor, Jóhannsson stated that the decision was made a long time ago to choose him to compose the score. The Golden Globe winner has previously worked with Villeneuve on “Prisoners,” “Sicario” and the upcoming sci-fi picture “Arrival,” starring Amy Adams.

Big shoes to fill!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

10/07/2016 02:57 AM (UTC)
- ‘Blade Runner 2049′: Official Title and First Pic for Sequel Revealed

“Blade Runner 2049” is written by Hampton Fancher and Michael Green. The sci-fi film also features a star-studded cast that includes Jared Leto, Robin Wright, Mackenzie Davis, Ana de Armas, Dave Bautista, Lennie James, and Barkhad Abdi. Jóhann Jóhannsson, a frequent collaborator with Villeneuve, has also signed on to compose the score.

“Blade Runner 2049” will be released in theaters on October 6, 2017.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

12/20/2016 09:45 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/05/2017 05:20 AM (UTC)

"ou know his past. Discover his future. #BladeRunner2049" - @bladerunner

Sizzle.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/09/2017 04:39 AM (UTC)
- BLADE RUNNER 2049 - Official Trailer

There are still pages left in this story. Watch the NEW trailer for #BladeRunner2049, in theaters October 6.
--
Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what’s left of society into chaos. K’s discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years.

From executive producer Ridley Scott and director Denis Villeneuve, #BladeRunner2049 stars Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford, Ana De Armas, MacKenzie Davis, Sylvia Hoeks, Lennie James, Carla Juri, Robin Wright, Dave Bautista and Jared Leto.

I want to love this, but the trailer sets up an uphill battle.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/17/2017 01:02 PM (UTC)
- BLADE RUNNER 2049 – Trailer 2 [YouTube]

The past will always find you. Watch the NEW #BladeRunner2049, in theaters October 6.

Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what’s left of society into chaos. K’s discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years.

From executive producer Ridley Scott and director Denis Villeneuve, #BladeRunner2049 stars Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford, Ana De Armas, MacKenzie Davis, Sylvia Hoeks, Lennie James, Carla Juri, Robin Wright, Dave Bautista and Jared Leto.

Dave Bautista! The legendary pot scene! Jared Leto sucking all joy out of the screen!
TV spots are starting. I already saw 3 this afternoon on Space channel.

Ka-Tra
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/27/2017 01:24 PM (UTC)
- ‘Cowboy Bebop’ Director Shinichirō Watanabe Has Made the Most Stunning ‘Blade Runner’ Anime Film — Watch

Watanabe is famous for directing the successful anime series “Cowboy Bepop” and “Samurai Champloo,” and he’s joined by experimental musician Flying Lotus who handles the score. The short film also features additional music by Gerald Trottman, Kuedo and Miguel Atwood-Ferguson. The story depicts the lead up to a blackout that led to the prohibition of Replicant production. The short is streaming in its entirety right here.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.