Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    SDCC: Paris Jackson Cosplays Sonya at Comic-Con [Read On]
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (51.0%)
Out of kredits. (48.9%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 8

Mick-LuciferPosted: 08/28/2014 08:53 PMStatus ::
PAX Prime 2014: Mortal Kombat X Live Stream Details

We're just hours away from this year's PAX Prime -- next calendar gaming gathering, hosted by Seattle, Washington from August 29th - September 1st!

Mortal Kombat X is pencilled in for a modest appearance, following up their Gamescom demo from just two weeks ago. NetherRealm Studios told Mortal Kombat Online the 2015 fighter is to have the stage just once, for a Twitch streamed half hour presentation: Friday, 3:30pm.

At Gamescom Creative Director Ed Boon teased the next reveal will be a bad guy, but with Cologne already playing host to an August unveiling [Kano] -- we aren't advising anybody get their hopes too high for another. That doesn't mean there won't be any morsels of info to come, however. Much of the game's specifics remain enshrouded in mystery.

In 2010; the team was in Seattle to promote development of Mortal Kombat (2011). There were no new characters revealed, but various outlets offered further insights into the demo build already on offer. Mortal Kombat Online will be on the lookout for similar details, as they become available.

Found something meaty from PAX? Support the site by submitting a newslead! Share your thoughts on all the major Mortal Kombat X topics by registering to gain access to the forums.

Jaded-RavenPosted: 08/28/2014 07:54 AMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark
Twitch shows MKX at PAX! (Note to all who doesnt know)

This has been mentioned in another thread, but thought I would make a new thread about it so people would know where and when MKX will be there!

Twitch will stream PAX Friday-Monday and Netherrealm Studios will talk Mortal Kombat X there as well!

WHERE?
Twitch streams on their own channel here:

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

WHEN?
MKX is set to be on their schedule:

Friday, August 29th - 3:30pm (PDT)

It seems to be the ONLY place NRS will present MKX at PAX. Thy aren't on any of the other schedules, so they're probably not going on stage with anything or making a Q/A. However, if you find something MKX-related at PAX that takes place elsewhere, feel free to post it in here!

Enjoy! :D

Dragon Points:
projectzero00Posted: 08/28/2014 09:14 AMStatus ::

Visits::2720
Nationality::Greece
RE: Twitch shows MKX at PAX! (Note to all who doesnt know)

So this means we're probably not getting anything new right? Just gameplay and the same old question "how do you come up with the fatalities"? -.-

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 08/28/2014 09:45 AMStatus ::

Visits::19712
Nationality::United States

projectzero00 Wrote:
So this means we're probably not getting anything new right? Just gameplay and the same old question "how do you come up with the fatalities"? -.-

Good enough for me.

Seeing no gameplay outside of the Kano trailer annoyed me. I still haven't seen Cassie's Hollywood variation moves at all yet.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
thisiscouragePosted: 08/28/2014 09:53 AMStatus ::

Visits::1474

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
projectzero00 Wrote:

Good enough for me.

Seeing no gameplay outside of the Kano trailer annoyed me. I still haven't seen Cassie's Hollywood variation moves at all yet.

I was really pissed when we didn't see any gameplay from gamescom whatsoever. Such disappointment. Not getting my hopes up for anything at pax this time around

ShaolinChuanPosted: 08/28/2014 09:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::14903

I'm beginning to lose any hope that they'll reveal anything new at this point. Netherrealm releasing new info is slower than molasses.

Hooky-FookyPosted: 08/28/2014 10:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::1061

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
projectzero00 Wrote:

Good enough for me.

Have to agree with this. I'd be fine with just some gameplay.

MrInternationalPosted: 08/28/2014 11:10 AMStatus ::

Visits::165

Well at least will see some new refreshing gameplay instead of watching the same youtube videos 90 times in a row. Its better than nothing i suppose.

thisiscouragePosted: 08/28/2014 11:52 AMStatus ::

MrInternational Wrote:
Well at least will see some new refreshing gameplay instead of watching the same youtube videos 90 times in a row. Its better than nothing i suppose.

IF we get new gameplay. Can't even be too sure about that. Gamescom was a convention to showcase gameplay and absolutely no gameplay came out of it.

MrInternationalPosted: 08/28/2014 11:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::165

Bummer

Ion3008Posted: 08/28/2014 12:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::8799

All we got for Gamescom 2010 were stills of Kitana and Cyrax. Sure things have changed in that time but be thankful we even got a Kano trailer.

thisiscouragePosted: 08/28/2014 12:30 PMStatus ::

Ion3008 Wrote:
All we got for Gamescom 2010 were stills of Kitana and Cyrax. Sure things have changed in that time but be thankful we even got a Kano trailer.

Kano trailer was leaked prior to to gamescom. Im sure he was intended to be revealed from gamescom but the German Gamepro broke the story in the magazine 2 weeks before the convention. In turn, I am assuming, twisting NRS's hand into releasing the trailer early. (two days before gamescom). It is also possible that was their intention the whole time but either way it was not a gamescom reveal.

Pretty anticlimactic. If we actually got the kano reveal like we were supposed to for gamescom I am sure I'd be singing a different tune. Clearly gamescom is very private, they must have security keep close watch on people using cameras because there hasnt even been shitty phone videos of gameplay, which I would be more than happy to watch.

I consider stuff being leaked as stuff being revealed even if it isnt sanctioned by NRS so getting literally nothing on either front for gamescom was very disappointing. Not getting my hopes up this time around.

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 08/28/2014 02:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::6177

projectzero00 Wrote:

God I hate that damn question. Boon must want to choke a bitch whenever they ask him that.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
Tazer_GunshotPosted: 08/28/2014 04:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::572
Nationality::Canada

Hoping they will reveal a character...

If not, they need to show us the variations for Kotal, D'Vorah, Ferra/Torr, Cassie, Scorpion and Sub-Zero, like they did with Raiden and Kano.

Despite that I'm not interested in Cassie that much, I would like to see her X-ray as well as Kano's full fatality.

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 08/28/2014 04:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::6177

I hope a new character is revealed. I'm way more excited for the newbies than the returnees now.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
CassiesPatentedNutBusterPosted: 08/28/2014 05:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::948
Nationality::Peru

I'm banking on new content, but not a new character. As anticlimatic and premature as their method of unveiling him was, Kano still counts as a reveal, and I sincerely doubt they would give us what could practically be considered back-to-back reveals.

projectzero00Posted: 08/28/2014 05:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::2720
Nationality::Greece

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
projectzero00 Wrote:

God I hate that damn question. Boon must want to choke a bitch whenever they ask him that.

I swear to God if we get another interview and they ask him that, I am going to stab kittens!

Jaded-RavenPosted: 08/28/2014 06:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

projectzero00 Wrote:
So this means we're probably not getting anything new right?

It means they will present something at that moment, whether it is a new character trailer or just another interview, we don't know. Stop jumping to conclusions, people.

CharybdisPosted: 08/28/2014 06:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::1128
Nationality::United Kingdom

Could someone record that and stick it on Youtube? Or will the Twitch channel keep the video? It's broadcast in the small hours over here

"Pray for the Kahn's Mercy"
Ninja_ArtsPosted: 08/28/2014 06:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::10578

I also would appreciate it if someone logged it and recorded it.

Maybe one day I'll probably make more of an impact than you'll ever fake. Sign the official petition for an MK LORE ENCYCLOPEDIA: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/418/526/mk-fans-unite-we-want-an-mk-lore-encyclopedia/?taf_id=13672050&cid=fb_na#
KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 08/28/2014 07:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::19712

Charybdis Wrote:
Could someone record that and stick it on Youtube? Or will the Twitch channel keep the video? It's broadcast in the small hours over here

I'm sure one of the gaming channels will have it uploaded.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Tazer_GunshotPosted: 08/28/2014 09:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::572
Nationality::Canada

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
I hope a new character is revealed. I'm way more excited for the newbies than the returnees now.

I agree.

fijikungfuPosted: 08/28/2014 09:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::5080

Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

I agree.

I hope it's either a new character, or someone from the MKDA-MKD era.

-Courtesy of TheCypher-
Ion3008Posted: 08/28/2014 09:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::8799

I want to see what the deal will be with Reptile, Mileena and Baraka before new characters are revealed.

but I guess that's just me.

ErmaScoPosted: 08/29/2014 01:23 AMStatus ::

Visits::5086

If we got no new announcements, we will be given the Scorpion and Cassie Cage nasty stuff..

Page of 8

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.