Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 09/04/2014 05:59 PMStatus ::
Mark Dacascos & Casper Van Dien Training for Legacy 3

The intrigue of Mortal Kombat X looms largest over MK fandom in 2014, but just as it did during the build to the previous game: Mortal Kombat: Legacy is gearing up to support promotion with a live-action branch that appeals to the broad pop significance of the long running franchise.

News regarding a follow-up to Legacy II has been limited. Star Casper Van Dien gave us the first concrete indication of a third series when he documented the start of his training. Now the Johnny Cage actor has revealed the return of one of his co-stars -- Mark Dacascos getting into the act with more photos from their Legacy training!

The pair have evidently been sharpening up their combat skills with the science of eight limbs. The photos were taken in the West Hollywood ring of Muay Thai Academy of America. Founded by Surapuk Jamjuntr aka “Kru Puk” -- MTA boasts a philosophy of authenticity that includes recruiting top Thai fighters as instructors. Dacascos is a student of Kru Puk.

Van Dien and Dacascos were two of the star recruits of a dramatically recast Legacy II, appearing as Johnny Cage and Kung Lao respectively. They represent two of Earthrealm's surviving fighters in the live-action webseries, which tells a very different version of the classic story of the Mortal Kombat tournament.

The entirety of Mortal Kombat: Legacy II can be watched online right now. Fans looking to take their interest further can look forward to a Blu-Ray & DVD release October 14.

Catch up on all the major Legacy stories with Mortal Kombat Online's archive coverage of Series 1 & Series 2. Register to discuss this and other adaptations on the Media & Merchandise forum.

MK_Fanatic_Posted: 09/04/2014 07:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::458
Nationality::Canada
RE: Mark Dacascos & Casper Van Dien Training for Legacy 3

FIRST!!

Too bad there won't be a Sub-Zero though :(

Sub-Zero_7thPosted: 09/04/2014 07:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::19142
Nationality::United States

I'm still surprised that a 3rd season of Legacy is being done. I really wonder if Cary Tagawa will come back as Shang Tsung and just how the story will be told. I too am still not happy about both Sub-Zero brothers being killed off, but maybe this Bi-Han has a son somewhere who will become the next Sub-Zero. *shrugs*

lastfighter89Posted: 09/04/2014 08:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::5315
Nationality::Italy

They will find a way to bring back to life Bi-Han or Kuai Liang or both, or even a new Sub-Zero.

The second season was good and deserved a sequel. Glad to hear this will be made one day or another.

krajaxPosted: 09/04/2014 09:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::3050

Mark Dacascos may had his share of cheesy 80s-90s flicks, but there's no doubt that he's a great martial artist and stuntsman. I first remember watching him in "Brotherhood of the Wolf" and he performed a badass role in it.

Sub-Zero_7thPosted: 09/04/2014 09:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::19142

krajax Wrote:
Mark Dacascos may had his share of cheesy 80s-90s flicks, but there's no doubt that he's a great martial artist and stuntsman. I first remember watching him in "Brotherhood of the Wolf" and he performed a badass role in it.

Yeah, he was great in that movie. I think he was a pretty cool choice for Kung Lao, but I just didn't like what was done with him in MK: Legacy. He should have had at least one fight scene in the second season.

blacksaibotPosted: 09/04/2014 09:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::9044
Nationality::Bahamas

I can't believe season 3 was green lit.

MK_Fanatic_ Wrote:
FIRST!!

You people still do this shit?

krajaxPosted: 09/04/2014 10:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::3050

What's ironic is that in Legacy, Kung Lao is the pacifist while Liu Kang is the Kung Fu Anakin who can't control his emotions and is belligerent while in the original MK timeline the roles are switched (well except for the Anakin part).

raidenthefridgePosted: 09/05/2014 04:25 AMStatus ::

Visits::3798
Nationality::Northern Ireland

I enjoyed Legacys first season but I can't say I was too fond of season 2.

I'm all for changing things from the source material if it fits live action better, but the changes where just so fucking random.

Bi han being the "good" Sub-zero and KL being a little bitch and dying before the first MK?

Lui Kang being a psycho (as stated above the role reversal of him and Kung Lao)

Ermac being...whatever Ermac was, and him being an antagonistic towards Kenshi and not an Ally. I just didn't get it.

Hopefully Season 3 is better, I watched Season 2 the day it was released and havent since, maybe I should watch it again and see if my opinion differs.

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!
SpacemanPosted: 09/05/2014 06:14 AMStatus ::

Visits::2136

Please God no. Legacy is fucking terrible and absolutely butchers MK. Can't believe last season was "good" enough to warrant another. Horrible pacing, cheesy everything, and worst of all, bland action. To see legacy piggy backing on MKX's hype is just depressing. It's like watching a drugged chimp dressed up like a clown trying to suck its own dick with the MK logo in the background. Fans of the series should be kept from breeding and hunted for sport. There should be sprawling game reserves opened across the country where they can roam relatively free to speak to each other about how Legacy is better than nothing and like, come on, its just a web series man! Sons and Fathers will strengthen ancient family bonds while tracking and gunning these poor bastards down. No one will dare eat the meat of course as it is permanently tainted with fowl tastes, putrid odors bad enough to ward off flies and maggots.

But yeah I'm just fuckin around, I don't actually feel this strongly about it. just high and felt like typing some bullshit. If you disagree thats coo

lastfighter89Posted: 09/05/2014 08:45 AMStatus ::

Spaceman Wrote:
Please God no. Legacy is fucking terrible and absolutely butchers MK. Can't believe last season was "good" enough to warrant another. Horrible pacing, cheesy everything, and worst of all, bland action. To see legacy piggy backing on MKX's hype is just depressing. It's like watching a drugged chimp dressed up like a clown trying to suck its own dick with the MK logo in the background. Fans of the series should be kept from breeding and hunted for sport. There should be sprawling game reserves opened across the country where they can roam relatively free to speak to each other about how Legacy is better than nothing and like, come on, its just a web series man! Sons and Fathers will strengthen ancient family bonds while tracking and gunning these poor bastards down. No one will dare eat the meat of course as it is permanently tainted with fowl tastes, putrid odors bad enough to ward off flies and maggots.

But yeah I'm just fuckin around, I don't actually feel this strongly about it. just high and felt like typing some bullshit. If you disagree thats coo

Are you talking about Mk annihilation right?

Spider-2099Posted: 09/05/2014 04:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::1862

Goro DLC and MKX release date revealed.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mortal-kombat-x-launching-april-2015-goro-fighter-/1100-6422129/

Admin Note: There's a whole forum for that, chief. -M.

FerraTorrPosted: 09/05/2014 05:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::179

Wait, isn't that the guy from Iron Chef?

Props to MINION for making this sig.
KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 09/05/2014 06:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::19710

I was not thrilled with Season 2. Season 1 though was great. So I'm hoping Season 3 does a much better job since the show can do better. Hopefully Johnny gets better fight scenes too. And would it kill anyone besides Scorpion or Sub-Zero to do a damn special move?

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Reptyle83Posted: 09/05/2014 10:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::691

I don't like this piece of news one bit! Season 1 of Legacy was watchable, but season 2 sucked so much ass. If there really is going to be a season 3 I will NOT watch it. Especially with Casper Van Dien and Mark Dacascos because their too ****ing OLD!

Why does a season 3 keep getting announced by Van Dien when nobody else is confirmed and there is NO director???

-
JasonVPredPosted: 09/06/2014 04:56 AMStatus ::

Visits::904

Reptyle83 Wrote:
I don't like this piece of news one bit! Season 1 of Legacy was watchable, but season 2 sucked so much ass. If there really is going to be a season 3 I will NOT watch it. Especially with Casper Van Dien and Mark Dacascos because their too ****ing OLD!

Why does a season 3 keep getting announced by Van Dien when nobody else is confirmed and there is NO director???

So I take it you don't care for aged characters?

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.
lastfighter89Posted: 09/06/2014 03:52 PMStatus ::

Ktanch will direct the third season, but not the movie.

Third season is on the way, it's not a Casper delusion

Paul2Posted: 09/06/2014 07:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::4697

But when will they make the movie?? At this point, in 2018 or so...
Since last October 2013, when Kevin announced he wouldn't make the movie, there are no news...

-
lastfighter89Posted: 09/08/2014 08:23 AMStatus ::

Paul2 Wrote:
But when will they make the movie?? At this point, in 2018 or so...

Since last October 2013, when Kevin announced he wouldn't make the movie, there are no news...

Do you still believe in fairy tales?

Wb owns the rights of the MK franchise since 2009 which makes straight 5 years now. If they really wanted to, they could already have done the movie by now.

The third movie/reboot will be made ONLY if MKX and another Mk media will be huge hits, that's why Mk legacy should be supported.

As for now there is no movie in the works. All the infos released so far are plain bullsheets

shaggysorcerorPosted: 09/09/2014 11:46 AMStatus ::

Visits::2502
Nationality::Serbia and Montenegro

For all I can tell, Van Dien is really enjoying being enrolled in and promoting MK. He actually gave the impression of the most enthusiastic member of the crew. The dark, vengefull and "sick-of-bullshit" Cage whom Mullins portrayed was a nice touch, though, while Van Dien's Cage is not nearly as menacing. But maybe he just needs more time.

Look, now Baraka has grown hair and beard! Shit, the time does fly...
Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.