Would you pay $ for a solid remake of mka?
posted02/08/2015 02:34 PM (UTC)by
PenguinIceNinja
I would absolutely love it if a development team went back and revisited Mortal Kombat Armageddon. And took out all the bugs, all the glitches, all the create a fighter imbalances, all the infinites, and really made a solid game that we can play online with each other. I think that would be really fun and I would pay serious money for that game.

I had some of the greatest fun online playing people especially with random selects.
DG1OA
09/22/2014 03:22 PM (UTC)
If they fixed Motaro and gave him back his hind legs, that alone could seriously make me consider buying a MKA remake.
mkreptile8860
10/12/2014 12:24 PM (UTC)
Include Shaolin monks HD then they have a deal!
Blade4693
11/04/2014 05:40 PM (UTC)
I still have MKA so I wouldn't really need to buy it again, but if it was truly a better version of the game, than yeah, id buy it.
kamouniyak
11/05/2014 03:19 PM (UTC)
Yes.
The konquest story of Armageddon was the best of any game I've played
MindStrikes
12/05/2014 11:45 PM (UTC)
i guess i would buy it. i really liked the create a character. so i would hope they add that again and made it bigger, adding more moves and clothes etc.

also i would love to see a Mortal kombat Mytholies HD version. that game is underrated man.
OhYesMar$h
About Me

"You will serve me in the Netherrealm!" - Quan Chi.

12/12/2014 11:37 PM (UTC)
DG1OA Wrote:
If they fixed Motaro and gave him back his hind legs, that alone could seriously make me consider buying a MKA remake.

I agree. How do you take away a character's legs just to include him in a game? That's like putting Goro and Sheeva in Mortal Kombat with just 2 arms. It just sucks. Don't get me wrong, Armageddon was a great Trilogy style character based game but they really screwed over Motaro and hoped nobody would notice.
balkcsiaboot
12/14/2014 04:47 PM (UTC)
I would NOT.

I only got MKA for Konquest and KAF. As far as I am concerned, remaking everything else would be a waste of time.

Konquest needs to "spin off" into NRS's own brew of third person action adventure games.

KAF should be on MK11's slate once they ditch the whole variation garbage.
OnlyTanyaFan
12/17/2014 11:36 PM (UTC)
I would only buy it if there is NO KONQUEST(I hate story in a fighting game, and I don't even care about the story. If I wanted story, I would have bought something else), and NO lame KUSTOM FATALITY junk. I know it will be time consuming to come out with character-specific unique fatality for all those characters, but without it, No thanx.
Icebaby
12/18/2014 03:56 PM (UTC)
No, it left a bitter impression on me that almost made me lost interest in Mortal Kombat completely. I'd rather they leave this game in the dust.

I don't want to also see its features in future games. Create a fighter was just lame and create a fatality was horrible. Air combat wasn't interesting (I hardly performed any of it anyways) motor combat was meh, it made me want to play Mario Kart instead.

The only thing that slightly had me interested was conquest, but even that wasn't fun because Taven is such a bland character. Had they made him slightly more interesting, I'd say conquest would have been the best thing in Armageddon.

But no, instead, everything about that game just was not worth the money I spent.
kennytwerking
01/03/2015 08:26 AM (UTC)
After MKX wouldnt we technically have a reboot/retake/retelling on Armageddon? Idk but imo, Armageddon never seemed like a complete game.

It felt like create a fatality was just thrown in there to avoid creating new ones for other characters, fighting styles were basically recycled but i understand if the cast was too big, and this might be an irrelevant thought now; but strangely Khameleon was missing '_' at least in my ps2 version.
starzilla83
01/20/2015 02:43 AM (UTC)
MKA was my first MK game so you can bet I would buy it.
DavieMcGuire
About Me

http://criticsight.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Algunos-GIF%C2%B4s-Animados-de-Mortal-Kombat-X-10-criticsight-1.gif

02/08/2015 02:34 PM (UTC)
if it was a full remake id pay about £60 upgraded graphics took out all the bugs and fixed Motaro and gave him 4legs like he should have if not then i wouldn't pay a penny
johnsinoah
04/14/2019 03:42 AM (UTC)

Yeah I would buy it if they release it for Switch. MKA was awesome even tho it had flaws. If they make a remastered version I would hope they scrap the create your own fatality, remaster the audio and graphics, and take away Motaro's curse by adding some quest in the conquest mode. I would also love to see the create your fighter expanded on by adding Motaro legs and the like to make more monstrous characters. Perhaps a remastered version could just be a MKA2. I think we should try to get a MKA2 made. .

mattteo
About Me

04/28/2019 01:52 PM (UTC)

Yes, I would pay a lot of money.

I've been waiting on all those 3D era characters to be playable for a long time!

shastab24
07/13/2019 08:56 AM (UTC)

I would want to see what one would do. People above mention scrapping create-a-fatality, but that system could logically be tied to a created fighter, while all the canon fighters could have their own unique fatalities. I would also want each fighter to be back to having three fighting styles (aside from boss characters still only having one, of course), but maybe re-apportion some that didn't seem to fit ones they gave them to. Specifically, I think Kai would be far better suited to acrobatic styles, to harken to his handstand move in 4 (capoeira being one I really think he should have had). I also think some characters should be given different weapons--Noob Saibot should have a scythe or sickle, Kai could be given that monk staff from the concept art, Smoke could be actually given a weapon and it be a trident to hearken to his classic spear move of sorts, and so on. I mentioned Kai twice in examples, maybe because I think he was one who was more hurt by the game.

But I know if I could overhaul the game, I would probably also try to expand Konquest mode. A simple fix would be to allow one to go back and replay any level they want after beating the mode (so you don't have to replay the entire thing just to get some chests or artefacts you missed). But I would want to add more to it, maybe having Taven also travel through Seido and Chaosrealm, since those places are never really featured in the game. One way to beef up the fights is to give the created character some canonicity by having Taven fight said character at one point. Or, conversely, having possibly a new Konquest mode on top of the original in which you play as your created fighter. It would be interesting to travel through the story picking up different abilities that you can choose for your fighter to have, starting as a character with no special moves or fancy clothing and being able to find the items to equip oneself both in looks and moves. Or a Konquest mode where you can travel through it with any character you choose.

The endings would need to be beefed up. Easiest way is to give them static images instead of the kata. Animation could be a bit much. The kata could still work for the created character, though. But if it's kept for every ending, then I would want there to be more, have each fighting style have a specific kata associated with it, rather than just a couple generic ones every character performs (generic ones could, again, go to the created fighter, who I keep feeling should get the aspects that were originally in the game), or just make enough for all the primary fighting styles.

Motor Kombat should probably be separated from the game and expanded into its own game. More tracks and racers, stuff like that. The aerial combat system is ridiculous and I would love to see it gone, but it would also mean possibly having to re-do the opening cinematic (because of the aerial fight it features), which might not be so fun. Maybe just re-do that part of the cinematic? In any event, that mode isn't a good addition.

Characters who could be added as playable could be: Khameleon for non-Nintendo versions, Monster, non-boss Blaze, Argus, and Delia. Other characters that would be great but a lot of work would of course be ones like Kia, Jataaka, Fire God, Earth God, Water God, Tremor, Tasia, and No-Face. I would want Motaro to be a centaur, of course, and I think the way to implement it would be to make him unable to be thrown or jumped over, and that he doesn't interact with stage fatalities. The latter is, of course, unless entirely new animations for them would be created just for him. His minotaur form could still be included, but maybe with a different name and saying that he's a member of the Centaurians who is cursed to be a minotaur or could be one with a birth defect who is trying to prove himself to the rest of his people. One could also take a cue from premiere skins from Injustice 2 to have some non-game characters appear (I'm thinking Karbrak and Komodai from Defenders of the Realm, for instance), with them having the same moves but different stats. Also, every character should have at least one classic skin to look like from their original game (and possibly other iconic appearances), with newer ones having simply another skin to fit that slot.

Okay, this thread is not what we'd want to see in a remake, but gosh darn it, I tend to ramble.

matty3073-0
07/24/2019 04:32 AM (UTC)

sure. why not? maybe this time we can kreate full on shokan characters as well as zaterran raptors ,tarkatans, centaurs, cyber ninjas etc etc. even naknadans.

Alastor Rose
01/08/2020 02:30 AM (UTC)

Hell yeah! Well, at least bring the new, the crossovers, and guest characters that were from the MK vs. DC, MK9, MKX, and MK11 games as well!

Guilherme-0
02/26/2020 02:11 PM (UTC)

Yes of course

Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.