Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 3

Mick-LuciferPosted: 10/14/2014 12:06 AMStatus ::
BGS 2014: Ed Boon Talks Fatalities & More in Brazil

True to the old saying: Mortal Kombat X is serving up something borrowed, something new, and a fan-favourite something blue. Music to the ears of fans at Brasil Games Show 2014 where Ed Boon and NetherRealm Studios are continuing to take the MKX message to the globe!

Speaking with Baixak Games; the series Co-Creator/Creative Director offered the tiniest of tantalizing new teasers about what's in store. Watch the full video below:

Finishing moves have been the talk since a new "-Ality" was first alluded to back at E3. While there's still no concrete information, an image emerges with each new discussion. Boon discussed the addition of an enhanced version of a classic fatality type, designed to take advantage of major progress in hardware and graphics engines. There will also be some form of tributes to classic finishers, as well.

Anecdotal accounts from live demos have players choosing from between 6-7 finishers, with Stage Fatalities given favourable odds back in June. Just as key special moves will be shared amongst Character Variations - Ed confirms each style will be able to access all fatalities.

Confronted with the ever contentious issue of Online Modes- Ed offered one of his most emphatic responses: "... Much more robust netcode in Mortal Kombat X!"

It isn't the first time improving online function has been talked up. The team will be taking lessons learned from Mortal Kombat (2011) & Injustice: Gods Among Us to make further improvements. This will be the first Mortal Kombat developed without GameSpy or GFWL, since their closures.

On the fond tradition of secret characters in Mortal Kombat - a drawn out, less than convincing "yes". While Mortal Kombat (2011) included unlockable fighters and skins, the secret aspect was not well served, utilizing a more forthcoming, perfunctory chase and unlock system.

[Related Article: Kountdown: Top 10 Hidden and Unlockable Characters]

While hidden secrets may have pleased die hard fans everywhere, the BGS host nation was given a little something else to look forward to. In acknowledging Brazil's rampant fandom -- (something Mortal Kombat Online can attest to) -- Ed discussed the possibility of incorporating a fighter or element that gives back to South American fans. Even more amazing - Ed gave local fan-favourite Sub-Zero a rare win in an either/or scenario against Scorpion!

What do you hope to see? Register to join the conversation on the globe's most visited Mortal Kombat fan website! Catch up on more news from around the world and other top stories in the Mortal Kombat X forum!

diirecthitPosted: 10/13/2014 11:17 AMStatus ::

Visits::4636
Nationality::Mexico
MKX will have more fatalities than any other MK game

Here! I guess that's good news to most of you, but i'd rather have other finishers over more fatalities. We don't need Kung Lao showing 3 different ways of slicing an opponent in half with 3 different fatalities :-/

Dragon Points:
blackcyborgPosted: 10/13/2014 11:22 AMStatus ::

Visits::18499
Nationality::United States
RE: MKX will have more fatalities than any other MK game

That's cool and all, but I don't put much importance into that personally. 2 each is good enough for me. Anything more is gravy. I'm guessing it'll be similar to MK9, except maybe 1 additional for some, and a new -ality that they've hinted.

2 Fatalities (3 for the more popular characters)
Brutality
New -ality
Stage

diirecthitPosted: 10/13/2014 11:28 AMStatus ::

blackcyborg Wrote:
That's cool and all, but I don't put much importance into that personally. 2 each is good enough for me. Anything more is gravy. I'm guessing it'll be similar to MK9, except maybe 1 additional for some, and a new -ality that they've hinted.

Brutality

New -ality

Stage

There won't be a new finisher, the one they've been hinting at is a returning one- most likely brutality.

DarkenedSoulPosted: 10/13/2014 11:29 AMStatus ::

Visits::27

diirecthit Wrote:
Here!

I guess that's good news for most of you, but i'd rather have other finishers over more fatalities. We don't need Kung Lao showing 3 different ways of slicing an opponent in half with 3 different fatalities :-/

Lol. You don't have to worry about that, he won't even be in MKX.

blackcyborg Wrote:

Brutality

New -ality

Stage

We are not getting a new "-ality". We are getting a returning "-ality".

ZwullePosted: 10/13/2014 11:33 AMStatus ::

Visits::274
Nationality::Netherlands

Most fatalities ever? Well, that is a surprise given the size of the roster. Which seems to be 24.

Quality over quantity is what I want. More finishers seems really cool. But not if they are bland. We already have seen two vertical slice fatalities. That's fine, I just don't wanna see many more. Variety is the word and I want them to be NOT bland. Yup, I'm asking for a lot. I rather have less finishers with quality over more and more which end up being bland.

When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.
diirecthitPosted: 10/13/2014 11:36 AMStatus ::

DarkenedSoul Wrote:
diirecthit Wrote:
Here!

I guess that's good news for most of you, but i'd rather have other finishers over more fatalities. We don't need Kung Lao showing 3 different ways of slicing an opponent in half with 3 different fatalities :-/

That's not my concern- i meant in general- a lot of fatalities in previous games have been generic and very similar (Kitana slicing her opponent bodies with her fans in 2 different ways, Kung lao using his hat in 2 different ways to slice his opponent in half, etc)

DarkenedSoulPosted: 10/13/2014 11:47 AMStatus ::

diirecthit Wrote:
DarkenedSoul Wrote:
diirecthit Wrote:
Here!

That's not my concern- i meant in general- a lot of fatalities in previous games have been generic and very similar (Kitana slicing her opponent bodies with her fans in 2 different ways, Kung lao using his hat in 2 different ways to slice his opponent in half, etc)

Oh I see, apologies.

blackcyborgPosted: 10/13/2014 11:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::18499

diirecthit Wrote:
blackcyborg Wrote:

Brutality

New -ality

Stage

There won't be a new finisher, the one they've been hinting at is a returning one- most likely brutality.

Ah, I seem to remember them saying something about a "new -ality".

I believe it was here: http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=152576

But I'm guessing that was never confirmed.

MrInternationalPosted: 10/13/2014 11:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::165

Cool News Fatalities are what made MK famous so i say the more the merrier. Im not gonna lie there is a apart of me that wishes they bring back Create a Fatality. They can probably do some amazing things now with there new fatality engine.

xysionPosted: 10/13/2014 12:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::260
Nationality::Italy

That is great news in my opinion. I liked fatalities way above any of the other finishers. I hope we see each character use different sets of their powers to do them. The ones that I have seen are really well done because of the more ways to cut the characters and the engine of the game. The camera angles also do a great job making them look more dramatic.

I only ever have done babalities of the top of my head with Noob Saibot in Mortal Kombat Trilogy since it was so easy to win with him and you just had to tap forward about five times and press LP. I do not like any of the other finishers so I prefer more fatalities.

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.
IcebabyPosted: 10/13/2014 12:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::11647

MrInternational Wrote:
Create a Fatality. They can probably do some amazing things now with there new fatality engine.

Tell that part of you to keep quiet.

*Shivers* That was probably the most horrendous part of Armageddon. The amount of choices you could pick from were not even fatality-worthy, (mainly the actual killing moves).

At least I managed to find a way to get Ultimate Fatality with twelve moves... it was really lackluster.

To the topic, cool, more finishing moves so I don't have to get stuck watching the same ole' same ole'!

Thracian_TsarPosted: 10/13/2014 12:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::2687
Nationality::South Tyrol

DarkenedSoul Wrote:

You don't have to worry about that, he won't even be in MKX.

Wow, we have a real prophet here!

So tired of baseless assumptions.

DarkenedSoulPosted: 10/13/2014 01:04 PMStatus ::

Thracian_Tsar Wrote:
DarkenedSoul Wrote:

It's fact! Wait and see....just wait and see.

Thracian_TsarPosted: 10/13/2014 01:09 PMStatus ::

DarkenedSoul Wrote:
Wait and see....just wait and see.

Okay, o, great Muhammad, you last prophet of God...

End of sarcasm.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 10/13/2014 01:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::10125

Gotta say, I'm intrigued. With the new engine, new system and everything else being used, I wanna see just how far they can push the technology, what limit they hit from adding everything they want to add. From that standpoint, it's going to be very interesting watching how this game unfolds.

From what we've seen and heard thus far, a few years ago, wouldn't have believed any of it possible. It's nice to see the team continue to go above and beyond.

diirecthitPosted: 10/13/2014 01:37 PMStatus ::

Thracian_Tsar Wrote:
DarkenedSoul Wrote:

Mad because he's implying Kitana isn't in MKX either?

Thracian_TsarPosted: 10/13/2014 01:48 PMStatus ::

diirecthit Wrote:

Mad because he's implying Kitana isn't in MKX either?

And yet another baseless assumption...

JAX007Posted: 10/13/2014 02:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

Just gonna leave this here...

"@noobde MK will never be the good without Kitana and Kung Lao. Gonna miss them so much. :( EB: #WrongSpecu11ation !!"

xysionPosted: 10/13/2014 02:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::260
Nationality::Italy

JAX007 Wrote:
Just gonna leave this here...

"@noobde MK will never be the good without Kitana and Kung Lao. Gonna miss them so much. :( EB: #WrongSpecu11ation !!"

We can do fatalities on them in Mortal Kombat 11?! That is great news! Made my day. Nothing like super news to put you in a happy frame of mind half an hour before the football match.

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.
AgentKPosted: 10/13/2014 02:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::54
Nationality::Finland

Create a Fatality was the worse thing this series has ever produced. I never want to see that awful shit again.

Also, 100% sure that Kitana is in, Boon has been dropping hints left and right about her inclusion. So all the haters can kindly you know what.

Thracian_TsarPosted: 10/13/2014 03:21 PMStatus ::

I will drink all the tears when The Princess of Awesomeness gets announced. Cry me a river, Kitana haters, cry me some more...

Gonna drink your tears

So salty, yet so sweet!

DenizenPosted: 10/13/2014 03:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::920
Nationality::Chile

The denial is strong in the Kitana fanboys.

DarkenedSoulPosted: 10/13/2014 03:50 PMStatus ::

Thracian_Tsar Wrote:
DarkenedSoul Wrote:
Wait and see....just wait and see.

Okay, o, great Muhammad, you last prophet of God...

End of sarcasm.

I am a fan of Kung Lao, but, I just don't see him returning in this game, at least not in the initial roster.

martin_m95Posted: 10/13/2014 03:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::590
Nationality::Bulgaria

Lovely, another thread is turning into a Kitana vs anti-Kitana shitstorm.

Why was she even brought up again? Right, because someone did not agree with another user and decided to sh*t on their favourite character.

And to you AgentK and Thracian_Tsar. A friendly reminder: Quit being so damn hostile.

yours faithfully, a fellow Kitana superfan (you make us look bad).

Page of 3

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.