Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • October 16th, 2018
    Tomorrow’s MKO Twitch Stream to feature speedrunning champ, Outworld! [Read On]
  • October 4th, 2018
    Super Combat Fighter, 2D Digitized Fighting Game, coming soon! [Read On]
  • September 25th, 2018
    Upcoming Mortal Kombat Online Twitch Stream to feature Cary Tagawa [Read On]
  • September 16th, 2018
    MKO Live Stream to Feature Author of NBA Jam: The Book [Read On]
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (56.9%)
Out of kredits. (43.0%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 10/18/2014 08:12 PMStatus ::
Klassic Liu Kang Pop Culture Shock Statue Pre-Order

For a decade he loomed large as the undisputed champion of Mortal Kombat - now original series hero Liu Kang will be immortalized in 1:4 scale thanks to Pop Culture Shock Collectibles!

The fighting Shaolin Monk appears in his Mortal Kombat 3 design as part of the expanded Mortal Kombat Klassics series! Pre-order phase begins October 20 (Monday), with standard and exclusive variants available.through the manufacturer.

Both editions of the Liu Kang statue stand an approximate 19" (48cm), weighing in at an estimated 12lbs (5.4kg). Decked out in klassic black and red cloth costume - the sculpt recalls all the details of the original MK3 sprites, with a healthy hint of martial arts homage in its battle ready stance.

Speaking to the arcade legend; Pop Culture Shock President & Art Director Jerry Macaluso recounts his own history with the character, "Liu Kang was the character I picked the first time I slid a quarter into the MK machine."

Limited to 200 pieces: the Pop Culture Shock Exclusive comes with interchangeable arm featuring a detailed fire-orange resin dragon flame [enlarge thumbnails below]. The variant will set you back $355.00 (plus postage) with incentive discounts of up to 10% off! Standard editions begin at $345.00 before discounts. Orders are expected to ship Q4 2015.

Pop Culture Shock have offered an extensive range of high-end Mortal Kombat collectibles since 2011. Other fighters in the Klassics line include: Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Human Smoke, Mileena & Jade. There are more 1:4 scale statues to compliment Liu Kang, including: Prince Goro, Shao Kahn, Kitana & Baraka!

Register share your feedback on the forum! Visit the Media & Merchandise for the latest stories on statues, action figures, comics & kontests! Spread the word by liking & sharing stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

Spider-2099Posted: 10/18/2014 09:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::1862
Nationality::United States
RE: Klassic Liu Kang Pop Culture Shock Statue Pre-Order

Sweeet.

Too bad its so damn expensive.

SwingBattaPosted: 10/18/2014 09:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::1720

Certainly better than the Short Round lookalike with fifteen abs that Syco put out several years ago.

ZombiePosted: 10/18/2014 10:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::734

Now this is awesome love the detail , would love to see all the characters done , but would have to sell my house to buy all of them lol

Photobucket
MacyG88Posted: 10/19/2014 10:58 AMStatus ::

Visits::2631
Nationality::Australia

I JUST opened my Liu Kang 2011 statue last week, then this pops up?

*opens wallet*

*moth*

johnny1upPosted: 10/19/2014 03:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::3635

He looks really cool! The face seems like it's a little bit off though; like it's too small or something. Everything else is spot-on perfect.

But what's the deal? I thought everyone was saying Pop Culture Shock was a scam or something. But I'll enjoy the images still, it's not like I have the money to spend on this stuff regardless.

Still hoping to see Liu Kang for Mortal Kombat X!

hey
Mick-LuciferPosted: 10/19/2014 10:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::20013

johnny1up Wrote:
But what's the deal? I thought everyone was saying Pop Culture Shock was a scam or something.

That's Syco. Pop Culture Shock still have the license. Syco don't.

Better The Devil you know...
MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."
Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.