Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 2 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2016!
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- Kountdown: Top 10 DLC Klassic Skin Packs for Mortal Kombat X
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- MKX DLC: More Clues Point to Return of Klassic Pit Arena
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List
- Kountdown: 10 Klassic Arenas
For Mortal Kombat X DLC

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Evo 2017?
Mortal Kombat X (40.2%)
Injustice 2 (12.1%)
Both (47.5%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • January 21st, 2017
    Injustice 2 Console Beta Opens Sign-ups [Read On]
  • January 20th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Comic Tie-In Begins April [Read On]
  • January 19th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Release Editions & Premier Characters [Read On]
  • January 19th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Character Render Art - Flash & More [Read On]
  • January 18th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Screenshots Spotlight Brainiac, Robin & Box Art [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 7

Mick-LuciferPosted: 01/12/2015 03:44 AMStatus ::
LA Casting Call Reveals Mortal Kombat X Webseries Spoilers

The upcoming Mortal Kombat live-action webseries has gone relatively quiet since its announcement last October.

The project is slated to be one of several 2015 online releases from Warner Brothers' newly established digital media studio - Blue Ribbon Content. With time ticking away, an open Mortal Kombat casting call appears to be the first indication of what's to come!

The LA casting call was listed on Actors Access for a January shoot, as reported on the Warner Bros. Forums by user UnicornFreedom.

The "digital series" listing bring backs several familiar names from Mortal Kombat: Legacy, including; Garrett Warren as director, and Jenny Hinkey & Lance Sloane as producers. More interesting, several roles that tie directly to Mortal Kombat X - including comics characters and klassics. Beware of spoilers:

[ BO' RAI’ CHO ]
50s-60s – ANY ETHNICITY - This drunken man tells Jin that he will show him the way to the Shaolin academy, for a small price. He is affable and appears harmless. However, later we see that he is an expert fighter, and no fool. He reveals himself to be Bo Rai Cho, the master of Wu Shi. He leads Jin to the Wu Shi Academy. He is a rotund man with healthy appetites and never without a drink. He teaches with every opportunity and has taught several great warriors, including Liu Kang, and Kung Lao at the Wu Shi Academy. Bo' Rai Cho originates from Outworld but has not, however, participated in a Mortal Kombat tournament, knowing that if he wins, his victory would be in the name of Shao Kahn for his status as an Outworlder. So he instead chose to utilize his fighting skills to train Earthrealm warriors...LEAD

[ DVORAH ]
Female, late 20s early 30s, bug-like articulation. Dvorah is of a sentient colonial race called the Kytinn, which populates the island realm of Arnyek. The solitary nature of the Kytinn meant a common defense of their realm was nonexistent; thus it was conquered and merged with Outworld by Shao Kahn. Dvorah’s loyalty and insightfulness, unusual traits for a Kytinn, led to her quick political rise. Soon she found herself among the emperor’s closest advisers. She serves the current ruler of Outworld, Kotal Kahn...LEAD

[ SCORPION AKA HANZO HASASHI ]
In his 30s to 40s, angry, tortured, and tough, Hanzo is a Ninja master. Hanzo was a member of the Shirai-Rya clan until they and his family were killed by Sub-Zero of the rival Lin Kuei clan. Hanzo's soul was claimed by the Netherrealm sorcerer Quan Chi, who resurrected him as the revenant Scorpion and gave him the chance to avenge his family's deaths. Full of rage and hellfire, Scorpion fights alongside Quan Chi in Netherrealm's invasion of Earthrealm...LEAD

[ TAKEDA ]
In his mid 20s, quiet and mild-mannered, but with an angry streak, he is the "nice" one of the group. He is a world-class swordsman and he is adept at telepathy and telekinesis. Takahashi Takeda is the son of the hero Kenshi and a young Thai-American woman named Suchin, whom Kenshi met during his travels. When Suchin passed away, Kenshi was shocked to learn he had had an eight-year-old son with her. He took Takeda to Hanzo Hasashi, the former Scorpion, to be instructed in the Martial Arts. Takeda had no contact with his father for many years, until the day he was to leave Hanzo’s tutelage. Kenshi revealed that he had left Takeda with Hanzo to protect him from his mother’s murderer. Despite this revelation, and subsequent reconciliation with Kenshi, Takeda has abandonment issues yet to overcome—which makes working with his father in Johnny Cage’s Special Forces team a challenge at times...LEAD

[ SALAZAR ]
In his 30s to 40s, quiet, reserved, downcast, he is a mercenary in the service of the Emperor. Intelligent and eloquent, he sounds like he may be American. Salazar’s exact origins are unknown. Born on Earth, he somehow found himself in Outworld. There he spent years wandering its vast territories, selling his amazing weaponry skills to local warlords. Now in the employ of the emperor, Kotal Kahn, Salazar shows no inclination to return to Earthrealm—or aid them in their present struggles...LEAD

[ KUNG JIN ]
In his mid 20s, with a slight Asian accent, Kung Jin is the younger cousin of the Earthrealm hero Kung Lao. He is cerebral but streetwise. He is American in speech patterns/idioms. When Kung Lao was killed in the war against Outworld, Kung’s family’s fortunes took a turn for the worse. He journeyed to the U.S. and became a thief. An encounter with Raiden changed Jin’s outlook, and he joined the Shaolin monks. Now a member of Johnny Cage’s secret Special Forces offshoot, Jin’s streetwise past provides him extra insight into the minds and motivations of those who would harm Earthrealm...LEAD

[ RON TAN' CHO ]
Male, 45-60. Asian. Ron Tan' Cho is an underground crime boss. He does what he wants, takes what he wants & always get what he wants. He has one wicked smile that if shown to you means trouble. He enjoys toying with his enemies & seeing the fear on their faces. D'Vorah attempts to attack him, and she fails due to his Goons apprehending her. LEAD

With direct ties to the Mortal Kombat X video game and comics, it seems clear this will be a direct cross-platform integration, rather than the considerably deviant universe of Kevin Tancharoen directed Mortal Kombat: Legacy.

Mortal Kombat Online will be following the series as it develops. Register to discuss all the major webseries news on the Media & Merchandise forum. Special thanks to Users Sindel798 & JAX007 for sharing info.

Sindel798Posted: 01/08/2015 07:37 AMStatus ::

Visits::1539
Nationality::United States
Potential Leak, Casting Call names characters.

The following comes from the user UnicornFreedom who posted this on the official MKX forum some hours ago:

*SPOILER ALERT*

What's up guys. So I'm an actor in NYC, and sometimes i use a website called Actors Access to find roles. Well I just saw a casting call simply called Mortal Kombat. It doesn't say if it is a film/tv/or voice over project. However it is based out of LA and it shows some character names and descriptions. Some familiar, and some not. Since it isn't a major media website or anything they may have thought no one would really notice or care. I swear this is real, but I don't know it actually means anything. I'll paste the character breakdowns below, sorry no link because you have to register for the site. But here's the info that was listed, enjoy!!:

[ BO' RAI’ CHO ]
50s-60s – ANY ETHNICITY - This drunken man tells Jin that he will show him the way to the Shaolin academy, for a small price. He is affable and appears harmless. However, later we see that he is an expert fighter, and no fool. He reveals himself to be Bo Rai Cho, the master of Wu Shi. He leads Jin to the Wu Shi Academy. He is a rotund man with healthy appetites and never without a drink. He teaches with every opportunity and has taught several great warriors, including Liu Kang, and Kung Lao at the Wu Shi Academy. Bo' Rai Cho originates from Outworld but has not, however, participated in a Mortal Kombat tournament, knowing that if he wins, his victory would be in the name of Shao Kahn for his status as an Outworlder. So he instead chose to utilize his fighting skills to train Earthrealm warriors...LEAD

[ DVORAH ]
Female, late 20s early 30s, bug-like articulation. Dvorah is of a sentient colonial race called the Kytinn, which populates the island realm of Arnyek. The solitary nature of the Kytinn meant a common defense of their realm was nonexistent; thus it was conquered and merged with Outworld by Shao Kahn. Dvorah’s loyalty and insightfulness, unusual traits for a Kytinn, led to her quick political rise. Soon she found herself among the emperor’s closest advisers. She serves the current ruler of Outworld, Kotal Kahn...LEAD

[ SCORPION AKA HANZO HASASHI ]
In his 30s to 40s, angry, tortured, and tough, Hanzo is a Ninja master. Hanzo was a member of the Shirai-Rya clan until they and his family were killed by Sub-Zero of the rival Lin Kuei clan. Hanzo's soul was claimed by the Netherrealm sorcerer Quan Chi, who resurrected him as the revenant Scorpion and gave him the chance to avenge his family's deaths. Full of rage and hellfire, Scorpion fights alongside Quan Chi in Netherrealm's invasion of Earthrealm...LEAD

[ TAKEDA ]
In his mid 20s, quiet and mild-mannered, but with an angry streak, he is the "nice" one of the group. He is a world-class swordsman and he is adept at telepathy and telekinesis. Takahashi Takeda is the son of the hero Kenshi and a young Thai-American woman named Suchin, whom Kenshi met during his travels. When Suchin passed away, Kenshi was shocked to learn he had had an eight-year-old son with her. He took Takeda to Hanzo Hasashi, the former Scorpion, to be instructed in the Martial Arts. Takeda had no contact with his father for many years, until the day he was to leave Hanzo’s tutelage. Kenshi revealed that he had left Takeda with Hanzo to protect him from his mother’s murderer. Despite this revelation, and subsequent reconciliation with Kenshi, Takeda has abandonment issues yet to overcome—which makes working with his father in Johnny Cage’s Special Forces team a challenge at times...LEAD

[ SALAZAR ]
In his 30s to 40s, quiet, reserved, downcast, he is a mercenary in the service of the Emperor. Intelligent and eloquent, he sounds like he may be American. Salazar’s exact origins are unknown. Born on Earth, he somehow found himself in Outworld. There he spent years wandering its vast territories, selling his amazing weaponry skills to local warlords. Now in the employ of the emperor, Kotal Kahn, Salazar shows no inclination to return to Earthrealm—or aid them in their present struggles...LEAD

[ KUNG JIN ]
In his mid 20s, with a slight Asian accent, Kung Jin is the younger cousin of the Earthrealm hero Kung Lao. He is cerebral but streetwise. He is American in speech patterns/idioms. When Kung Lao was killed in the war against Outworld, Kung’s family’s fortunes took a turn for the worse. He journeyed to the U.S. and became a thief. An encounter with Raiden changed Jin’s outlook, and he joined the Shaolin monks. Now a member of Johnny Cage’s secret Special Forces offshoot, Jin’s streetwise past provides him extra insight into the minds and motivations of those who would harm Earthrealm...LEAD

[ RON TAN' CHO ]
Male, 45-60. Asian. Ron Tan' Cho is an underground crime boss. He does what he wants, takes what he wants & always get what he wants. He has one wicked smile that if shown to you means trouble. He enjoys toying with his enemies & seeing the fear on their faces. D'Vorah attempts to attack him, and she fails due to his Goons apprehending her. LEAD

idk if this is real or not but i thought i would share.

OttoVonRuthlessPosted: 01/08/2015 07:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::2359
RE: Potential Leak, Casting Call names characters.

This is stupid....

FROIDPosted: 01/08/2015 07:48 AMStatus ::

Visits::1984

thisiscouragePosted: 01/08/2015 07:51 AMStatus ::

Visits::1474

Hmmm. I'm not familiar with casting calls so I wouldn't know, but, Do all casting calls require such detailed backgrounds on characters.

I don't see the need for a mini bio in a casting call with names of characters that some actors might not recognize. (Example: kung jins bio mentioning kung Lao by name.) I think "cousin" or nephew or some other generic would suffice, no?

But other than that interesting indeed.

Would this mean that scoprion is not finished yet? Is this old? I think the voice acting has already been completed for the game some time ago.

Thanks for sharing indeed, very intriguing

Sindel798Posted: 01/08/2015 07:56 AMStatus ::

Visits::1539

Ron Tan Cho and Kung Jin sound dumb. And if Takeda replaces Kenshi i will be so angry.

Thracian_TsarPosted: 01/08/2015 08:23 AMStatus ::

Visits::2623
Nationality::South Tyrol

Sindel798 Wrote:
[ BO' RAI’ CHO ]

50s-60s – ANY ETHNICITY

ANY ETHNICITY?! No way.

It's fan fiction. Someone has been inspired by the new comic.

DarziePPosted: 01/08/2015 08:47 AMStatus ::

Visits::482
Nationality::Ireland

I dunno if they'd put out a casting call out for Scorpion considering they've had Patrick Seitz voice him for every game since MKvsDC, including MKX. That said I dunno how a casting call works for returning VAs.

I'd take this with a whole lot of salt.

OptimusGrime Wrote:
Li Mei needs to be series mainstay. She betrayed goddamned planets because she wanted to fuck a dragon. Best character in anything ever.
NapalmXiphiasPosted: 01/08/2015 09:24 AMStatus ::

Visits::1684

I'm down with this....if these are some new characters that might make it in, then I'm all for it, although maybe make Salazar or Kung Jin a female, because now I'm beginning to think MKX will need more female characters....this is something I never really complain about too.

Also Johnny Cage's special force team?
Interesting, sounds like he'll be replacing Sonya later on...possibly.

Its very interesting so far to say the least. I had a feeling we might get a Kung Lao Descendant/relative.

jimmykricketPosted: 01/08/2015 09:35 AMStatus ::

Visits::755

Could be real. We'll see.

J A X + J A C Q U I
PSN: JimmyxKricket
JxK
AsesinoPosted: 01/08/2015 09:40 AMStatus ::

Visits::13676
Nationality::Bulgaria

booN does the voice of Scorpion, so this is fake ;)

FROIDPosted: 01/08/2015 09:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::1984

NapalmXiphias Wrote:
I'm down with this....if these are some new characters that might make it in, then I'm all for it, although maybe make Salazar or Kung Jin a female, because now I'm beginning to think MKX will need more female characters....this is something I never really complain about too.

Its very interesting so far to say the least. I had a feeling we might get a Kung Lao Descendant/relative.

Nothing like them Polska kielbasas on a hoagie. Boon has good taste. Grilled tuna melts are so overrated....

DervisPosted: 01/08/2015 09:56 AMStatus ::

Visits::991

The new guys honestly sound as dull as dishwater. If this is true, hopefully they are much cooler in the game than they seem. If false, and it probably is, then...good.

NapalmXiphiasPosted: 01/08/2015 10:03 AMStatus ::

FROID Wrote:
NapalmXiphias Wrote:

Nothing like them Polska kielbasas on a hoagie. Boon has good taste. Grilled tuna melts are so overrated....

Its not usually something for me to worry about, just something I noticed considering the other characters that have yet to be announced.
If the other four new characters will end up being playable then I'd be all for it, sounds really interesting actually. New blood is always welcome in my opinion....well, considering if this is real.

zerosebazPosted: 01/08/2015 10:04 AMStatus ::

Visits::3678
Nationality::Argentina

Yeah... I wouldn't bet any money on this.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 01/08/2015 10:07 AMStatus ::

Visits::19707

NapalmXiphias Wrote:

There will be plenty of females in the game. We still haven't even seen half of the roster yet.

Kung Jin sounds like an interesting idea. But I hope the leak is false.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
NapalmXiphiasPosted: 01/08/2015 10:13 AMStatus ::

I think its real, remember back in October or so they said they'd do that live action web series. I kind of wondered how'd they get characters such as Ferra/Torr or whatever, but apparently its supposed to tie in with MKX

OnlyTanyaFanPosted: 01/08/2015 10:13 AMStatus ::

Visits::894

If this is real, though I highly doubt it is, some things need to be changed. Like some of the names of the new kharacters. Ron Tan Cho, and Salazar sounds rather plane, and since Salazar name actually exist in real life,(though the real name HAS been used in other fighing games, such is Bob in Tekken), I don't think it suits the MK tradition. Takeda also, I think, is the real, existing Japanese name(I maybe wrong, since I am not Japanese, but it has a ring to it that sounds like a Japanese name), though, that may be passable, since I heard Hotaru, Shujinko, Kenshi, Reiko, and even Kintaro name are directly from Japanese names.

Also, if Bo Rai Cho is returning, he better have some serious Specials this time. I know he is a drunking master, but puking and farting is not funny anymore, especially in a bloodfest fighting game like MK.

Still, I don't think this is real, but hey, you never know, but if it is real, they have still got some work to do aside from final name and above thing I have wrote.

Just my two cents.

hawe-mePosted: 01/08/2015 10:26 AMStatus ::

Visits::131
Nationality::Czech Republic

Sounds good Some of them just could be part of the "cutscenes" / cameo and not playable.
By the way on MKX forum claims that castle calls directors seem legit.

TheZombiePosted: 01/08/2015 11:06 AMStatus ::

Visits::2
Nationality::Hungary

Well, they sound MK like...ish!
I think that Ron Tan 'Cho is series exclusive character, maybe Salazar too.

JAX007Posted: 01/08/2015 11:17 AMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

I created a account on actors access to verify this, and the listing is indeed up there with those characters.

Producers names and such seem legit too by doing a quick google (Director worked on legacy)...This could be for the live action series based on the game they were talking about, not necessary the game.

Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2015, 4:32 PM Pacific
MORTAL KOMBAT (Additional Roles)
New Media
Digital Series
Prod. Co.: Mercado Digital, LLC.
SAG New Media Agreement

Director: Garrett Warren
Producer: Jenny Hinkey, Lance Sloane
Casting Directors: Danielle Aufiero & Amber Horn
Casting Associate: Brandon Henry Rodriguez
Shooting: January 2015

http://www.actorsaccess.com/projects/?view=breakdowns®ion=2&page=2

ShadalooPosted: 01/08/2015 11:28 AMStatus ::

Visits::7067

JAX007 Wrote:

Digital Series

HELLO

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
JAX007Posted: 01/08/2015 11:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::8581

Shadaloo Wrote:
JAX007 Wrote:

Digital Series

HELLO

Yeah, most likely for the series they talked about a while back to coincide with the game. It would explain why characters like D'vorah and Scorpion are listed despite already having actors in game.

gosoxtimPosted: 01/08/2015 12:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::1768

this real and for the digitial series not the game guys but it give us a hint who the kung lao in the game guys

ShadowfirePosted: 01/08/2015 12:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::934

I'm actor out in New York and someone brought this to my attention. Its definitely for the new digital series they announced awhile back. Looking forward to it.

Page of 7

© 1998-2016 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.