Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 01/17/2015 06:16 AMStatus ::
Casper Van Dien Confirms Webseries Return

Mortal Kombat: Legacy II star Casper Van Dien has confirmed his return in the upcoming live-action webseries! He made it known via Facebook with a photo of the "Mortal Kombat 3" script.

"You Got Caged! #MORTALKOMBAT #ItHasBegun #GetOverHere"

The Johnny Cage actor began training at altitude last June, appearing in gym photos with Mark Dacascos (Kung Lao) in September. He joins fan-favourite Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (Shang Tsung) in the social media teases. Tagawa - of Mortal Kombat: The Movie fame - begins filming Monday [full story].

With casting rumors tying the series tightly to Mortal Kombat X, the Legacy chronology of "Mortal Kombat 3" is believed to be a working title. A Warner Bros. representative could not be reached at the time of this article. Mortal Kombat Online will be following the story as it develops.

Register to follow and discuss all the webseries news on the Media & Merchandise forum! Found some interesting information? Submit a newslead! Special thanks to @KoriMaru for contributing a tip. Follow & share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

shrairyuwarriorPosted: 01/17/2015 06:39 AMStatus ::

Visits::1063
Nationality::United States
RE: Casper Van Dien Confirms Webseries Return

Yeah saw this on Twitter. As well as Cary's post. Script say MK3. So I'm curious if it's legecy, thr mkx Web series or a full length Movie.

PSN:athlos23
Thracian_TsarPosted: 01/17/2015 07:54 AMStatus ::

Visits::2687
Nationality::South Tyrol

One of his lines is "Raiden. That ain't...". Is there anyone with mad photoshop skills to make the image more readable?

MacyG88Posted: 01/17/2015 09:22 AMStatus ::

Visits::2465
Nationality::Australia

He was okay as Cage.

Just less "fucks" this time, please.

gosoxtimPosted: 01/17/2015 09:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::1768

i tihnk it mkx i haven't heard anybody aobut mk legacy 3 at all and i don't think kevin isn't doing legacy anymore

ScientistSalarianPosted: 01/17/2015 04:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::247

One of the parts I can see is

Johnny
Harder, that ain't gonna (illegible)

She hits it again, pounding as hard as her little fists can

Johnny
Harder!

Sounds to me like Johnny is training Cassie, is it just me or does the usually quite jovial Cage sound a bit tougher than usual?

gosoxtimPosted: 01/17/2015 04:26 PMStatus ::

if that true i wonder who got to play cassie and can't wait to see d'vorah looks like

SockiePosted: 01/17/2015 05:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::3146

Thracian_Tsar Wrote:
One of his lines is "Raiden. That ain't...". Is there anyone with mad photoshop skills to make the image more readable?

I thought that was "Raiden" at first, too, but nah, ScientistSalarian's right: he's saying "harder."

ScientistSalarian Wrote:
One of the parts I can see is

Johnny

Harder, that ain't gonna (illegible)

She hits it again, pounding as hard as her little fists can

Johnny

Harder!

Sounds to me like Johnny is training Cassie, is it just me or does the usually quite jovial Cage sound a bit tougher than usual?

Good job, that's more than I was able to make out! Yep, definitely sounds like a training scene for Cassie.

ScientistSalarianPosted: 01/17/2015 06:04 PMStatus ::

That's as much as I can make out sadly. Makes me wonder whether this is going to be a straight up MKX tie in,like the comics, or whether it will just take some story points and tell an alternate universe story like the first two seasons.

SockiePosted: 01/17/2015 06:12 PMStatus ::

ScientistSalarian Wrote:
That's as much as I can make out sadly. Makes me wonder whether this is going to be a straight up MKX tie in,like the comics, or whether it will just take some story points and tell an alternate universe story like the first two seasons.

Judging by the casting calls, they are closely following the games' storyline. But at the same time, I'm not sure this will really be quite as canon as the comics.

mk187Posted: 01/17/2015 06:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::2801

So here's what information has been shown so far... Kevin Tancharoen, back in October 2013, said he's done with MK, after previously saying MKL3 will happen. Same deal with the movie. Then, early 2014 said he's back, complete with later tweets from Casper Van Dien saying he was training for MKL3. Then the WB announcement in October 2014 about a new web series. Now we have Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa and Casper tweeting about MK3, with Cary specifically saying "Legacy." A lot of people online thought Casper's "MK3" script was for a third movie, but it'll obviously be a new web series, whther Legacy 3rd season or something closely related to MKX, or maybe Legacy 3 will (hopefully) wrap up the cliffhanger ending from II and then proceed to focus on the new MKX stuff. Lastly, when do people think this web series will be released? If they're just starting it now, any chance it'll be done and released in time to coincide with the April 14th MKX release date?!

mk187Posted: 01/17/2015 07:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::2801

https://twitter.com/Gwarren333

https://twitter.com/EarthRealm

OK, looks like it's (probably) definite that it is indeed MKL season 3, with a new director this time.

gosoxtimPosted: 01/17/2015 07:03 PMStatus ::

mk187 Wrote:
So here's what information has been shown so far... Kevin Tancharoen, back in October 2013, said he's done with MK, after previously saying MKL3 will happen. Same deal with the movie. Then, early 2014 said he's back, complete with later tweets from Casper Van Dien saying he was training for MKL3. Then the WB announcement in October 2014 about a new web series. Now we have Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa and Casper tweeting about MK3, with Cary specifically saying "Legacy." A lot of people online thought Casper's "MK3" script was for a third movie, but it'll obviously be a new web series, whther Legacy 3rd season or something closely related to MKX, or maybe Legacy 3 will (hopefully) wrap up the cliffhanger ending from II and then proceed to focus on the new MKX stuff. Lastly, when do people think this web series will be released? If they're just starting it now, any chance it'll be done and released in time to coincide with the April 14th MKX release date?!

it going be the mkx stuff i can't see them wraping the clifhanger right now and with warren being the new diretor plus the la cast list leak plus the scrips sounds like johnny traing someone and that someone could be cassie

ScientistSalarianPosted: 01/17/2015 07:11 PMStatus ::

They released a casting call earlier this month for a whole slew of characters, including Scorpion (guess no Anthony Ian Dale) and D'vorah so filming will most likely start soon. With auditions ongoing, principle photography and then post production I can't see it making April in time for the game, which is odd seeing as it seems the two will be closely related. Of course, there's the possibility it could be in line with the first DLC (Johnny Cage possibly or an Injustice "Arrow" style Casper Van Dien inspired Cage costume if he's already in the retail version)

gosoxtimPosted: 01/17/2015 07:12 PMStatus ::

mk187 Wrote:

OK, looks like it's (probably) definite that it is indeed MKL season 3, with a new director this time.

yeah but warren never said it is legacy plus there was the cast leak with the mk x chracthers in it

gosoxtimPosted: 01/17/2015 07:14 PMStatus ::

here the annocment of the mkx series stuff An untitled “Mortal Kombat” series — The next generation in the Mortal Kombat franchise to be released in association with the upcoming “Mortal Kombat X” videogame, slated to bow April 14, 2015. Blue Ribbon Content and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment are teaming on the series, which will showcase some of the franchise’s popular characters and introduce a new generation of fighters.

SockiePosted: 01/17/2015 09:11 PMStatus ::

mk187 Wrote:

Thing is, only a couple of the actors are referring to it as Legacy season 3. Warren and several production pieces are all just calling it "Mortal Kombat."

gosoxtimPosted: 01/17/2015 09:33 PMStatus ::

Exactly why would they shoot two mk series in January when one was announced already to flim while the other wasn't

shrairyuwarriorPosted: 01/17/2015 10:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::1063
Nationality::United States

Yeah MKX sounds like. Except the script says Mortal kombat 3. If it isn't the legecy season 3 or a "3rd" movie then why is the script called that?

PSN:athlos23
gosoxtimPosted: 01/17/2015 10:56 PMStatus ::

shrairyuwarrior Wrote:
Yeah MKX sounds like. Except the script says Mortal kombat 3. If it isn't the legecy season 3 or a "3rd" movie then why is the script called that?
the 3 could be the episode number i mean you can't fit mortal kombat episode 3 on one line and why have the whole season one script it make no sense to do that

ZentilePosted: 01/18/2015 06:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::13932
Nationality::Portugal

I just hope they curse more in the next one.

gosoxtimPosted: 01/19/2015 02:55 PMStatus ::

even tohugh garret warren got rid of tweet the tile is mortal kombat x:geneations

Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.