Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Ready Player One?
I smell her perfume! (65.7%)
I smell something... (34.2%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • August 17th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 2 Reveal Next Week [Read On]
  • August 12th, 2017
    MK Warehouse Celebrates 15 Years [Read On]
  • August 11th, 2017
    Mod Koms: Fan Edit Breaks Injustice 2 Bones With X-Rays [Read On]
  • August 7th, 2017
    Is Kitana in the Ready Player One Teaser Trailer? [Read On]
  • August 7th, 2017
    IGN Crown MK Greatest Fighting Game Character [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 15

Tazer_GunshotPosted: 02/06/2015 01:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::572
Nationality::Canada
RE: Kollector s Edition Revealed

UK and US Kollector's Editions are sold out via Ed Boon on twitter.

PickleMendipPosted: 02/06/2015 02:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::29
Nationality::United Kingdom
RE: Mortal Kombat X: Kollectors Edition - Full Details

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
  • The Kombat Pack, which includes access to four add-on playable characters from Klassic Kombatants to Iconic guest characters

• OK so there's this, plus Goro that i can't access. Seriously, why does it feel like i'll be purchasing half a game?

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.
    ScorpionEater12Posted: 02/06/2015 02:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::1501
    Nationality::United States

Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:

Yeah just got paid today and was going to drop $180 on it.

I'm super bummed about it honestly.

Ruined my whole day. Wonder if they are going to make another batch or if thats it?

As Mr. Sloan always says, there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "I" in meat pie. Anagram of meat is team... I don't know what he's talking about.
    MileenaFanMKXPosted: 02/06/2015 02:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::312

ScorpionEater12 Wrote:
    Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:

Yeah just got paid today and was going to drop $180 on it.

I'm super bummed about it honestly.

Ruined my whole day. Wonder if they are going to make another batch or if thats it?

Don't worry, since the MK9 one is still available for purchase (and much cheaper!), I think waiting won't hurt. They're obviously going to make more copies. It's just the Coarse one that's actually limited.

Plus I'd wait until the price is lowered tbh.

Gillbob316Posted: 02/08/2015 07:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::4339

Is there still (theoretically) a US Kollector's Edition yet to be announced?

Because technically the UK Kollector's Edition... is available everywhere in the UK, and from Amazon in the US, but the actual US Kollector's Edition is still forthcoming (maybe?)

In any event, when the UK edition sold out on amazon, I slammed down a preorder on the Coarse Edition just to hedge my bets. I wanted the UK Edition more, because I liked that statue better and wanted the comic. But the DLC/Scorpion Skin were the items I wanted most, which still come with the Coarse edition... so I figure I can always cancel it later if a better one comes along (or UK restocks)... and if it doesn't... at least I got the DLC and a nifty Scorpion statue (though again, I kinda like the other Scorpion better).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    xysionPosted: 02/08/2015 07:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::260
    Nationality::Italy

Gillbob316 Wrote:
    Is there still (theoretically) a US Kollector's Edition yet to be announced?

Because technically the UK Kollector's Edition... is available everywhere in the UK, and from Amazon in the US, but the actual US Kollector's Edition is still forthcoming (maybe?)

I do not think there is because in the USA the Import Edition is the UK Edition but in the UK the Coarse Edition is the Import Edition. I think that the Coarse Edition is the Edition that is basically the USA Kollecter's Edition.

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.
    _MKX_Posted: 02/08/2015 11:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::630

I pre-ordered the Coarse edition. I can get the comic elsewhere, and I'm assuming the other Scorpion skin will be available for DLC later. I'm really disappointed by the lack of art book.

Let's all bug them on Twitter to release an art book down the line. I would spend good money on one.

d'vorah
    daryuiPosted: 02/09/2015 01:20 AMStatus ::

Visits::6108

The art book was the only reason I bought MK9s KE. Not bothering with this.

immortalkombatPosted: 02/10/2015 05:26 AMStatus ::

Visits::9223
    Nationality::Australia
    MK Kollective Kostumes?

An Australian retailer has listed a special edition of MKX

Under description it mentions this

Mortal Kombat X game
    3D Embossed steel case
    "Fight as Goro" download content
    "Kollective" download content

Original source: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-consoles/platforms/ps4/mortal-kombat-x-special-edition/682081/

Kollective download content! Could it be that NRS is going to take the fan submission art and sell it as DLC skins?

That would be awesome!

andy88Posted: 02/10/2015 06:34 AMStatus ::

Visits::1455
    Nationality::Poland
    RE: MK Kollective Kostumes?

I also think that would be awsome!

I think I will start contacting people on deviantart so they submit their work. There is a lot of great fanart for MK. And what is submited in the Kollective is only a small fraction.
    I keep an excel file with my favourite costumes made by NRS and by fans.

Also our fellow MKO members do some pretty incredible work.

I especially like:
    Reptile and Cyrax from Fezat (JAX007)

Quan Chi, Fujin, Reiko, Shinnok and Scorpion from soysaurus1 (EmperorKahn)

andy88Posted: 02/10/2015 06:37 AMStatus ::

Not to forget RazorsEdge701 but I think he wrote a statement that he will not post on this forum anymore ;)

OttoVonRuthlessPosted: 02/10/2015 06:45 AMStatus ::

Visits::2359

andy88 Wrote:
    Not to forget RazorsEdge701 but I think he wrote a statement that he will not post on this forum anymore ;)

Good.

NickScryerPosted: 02/10/2015 06:49 AMStatus ::

Visits::5270
    Nationality::Ireland

I'm not all that knowledgeable about this stuff but from what I do know sounds like it would be a legal nightmare.

Is there something in the Terms that says if you upload to the Kollective, WB own that picture from them on or something? Otherwise wouldn't it lead to confict?

Pretty sure the reason developers don't accept or sometimes even look at fan ideas is because of legal issues.

The Kollective Download is probably just a poster or something.

andy88Posted: 02/10/2015 06:52 AMStatus ::

NickScryer Wrote:
    I'm not all that knowledgeable about this stuff but from what I do know sounds like it would be a legal nightmare.

Is there something in the Terms that says if you upload to the Kollective, WB own that picture from them on or something? Otherwise wouldn't it lead to confict?

Pretty sure the reason develops don't accept or sometimes even look at fan ideas is because of legal issues.

The Kollective Download is probably a poster or something.

They could contact the fans and offer them some money and contract to sign. I dont think they would just take it like that.

I dont know, just hoping.

OttoVonRuthlessPosted: 02/10/2015 09:09 AMStatus ::

Visits::2359

Fuck it.... I preordered the Coarse edition

immortalkombatPosted: 02/10/2015 09:16 AMStatus ::

Visits::9223

OttoVonRuthless Wrote:
    Fuck it.... I preordered the Coarse edition

I just did as well, I already had the Kollectors on order, now I'll have both

SaltyRicePosted: 02/10/2015 09:38 AMStatus ::

Visits::603
    Nationality::Germany

immortalkombat Wrote:
    An Australian retailer has listed a special edition of MKX

Under description it mentions this

Mortal Kombat X game

3D Embossed steel case

"Fight as Goro" download content

"Kollective" download content

Original source: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-consoles/platforms/ps4/mortal-kombat-x-special-edition/682081/

Kollective download content! Could it be that NRS is going to take the fan submission art and sell it as DLC skins?

That would be awesome!

The "Kollective download" is just the Cold War Scorpion skin.
    For the Special Edition it even says that the Cold War Scorpion skin is made in cooperation with a artist from the Kollective.

Could be possible that 1 Skin Pack could be costumes designed by fans but i wouldnt bring my hopes up too much because its maybe just the Scorpion skin.

Gillbob316Posted: 02/10/2015 10:01 AMStatus ::

OttoVonRuthless Wrote:
    andy88 Wrote:

Good.

Amen.

I found that guy insufferable. Way too high on his own opinions regarding this game's story. Way too quick to argue if he disagreed with your opinions. Always ranting high and mighty as if he was the only person here with a deep understanding of the MK story, who gave a damn about it. (Which is a ridiculous notion to have in an MK fan kommunity. Lots of people here with just as much passion and understanding of the story as him. Yet he constantly acted like anyone who disagreed with him was an idiot.)

Good riddance. Why'd he bail? Finally decide to be a hermit? Studying MK alone in a cave, away from all us low lives without a clue whose thoughts and opinions are beneath him?

God I hope saying his name three times doesn't goad him into being summoned back...

redmanPosted: 02/10/2015 11:54 AMStatus ::

Visits::4706

Gillbob316 Wrote:
    OttoVonRuthless Wrote:
    andy88 Wrote:

Good.

Amen.

I found that guy insufferable. Way too high on his own opinions regarding this game's story. Way too quick to argue if he disagreed with your opinions. Always ranting high and mighty as if he was the only person here with a deep understanding of the MK story, who gave a damn about it. (Which is a ridiculous notion to have in an MK fan kommunity. Lots of people here with just as much passion and understanding of the story as him. Yet he constantly acted like anyone who disagreed with him was an idiot.)

Good riddance. Why'd he bail? Finally decide to be a hermit? Studying MK alone in a cave, away from all us low lives without a clue whose thoughts and opinions are beneath him?

God I hope saying his name three times doesn't goad him into being summoned back...

Why do you have to act like such a prick about it?

You don't know him in real life, you don't know him personally, so shut the fuck up. He probably left because of the amount of trolls and assholes on this forum. I can agree that sometimes he could be too quick to argue, but it's clear that he's passionate about MK and some people on this forum act like that but they clearly don't know shit.

You guys continuing to bring up Razor after he left like a month ago is another thing. He's being the mature one, while you guys keep bringing it up and talking shit about him. Just fucking drop it already and leave him alone.

ShadalooPosted: 02/10/2015 12:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::7067
    Nationality::Canada

All press is good press. I can assure you he's laughing.

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
    Gillbob316Posted: 02/10/2015 12:57 PMStatus ::

redman Wrote:
    Gillbob316 Wrote:
    OttoVonRuthless Wrote:
    andy88 Wrote:

Good.

Amen.

Why do you have to act like such a prick about it?

You don't know him in real life, you don't know him personally, so shut the fuck up. He probably left because of the amount of trolls and assholes on this forum. I can agree that sometimes he could be too quick to argue, but it's clear that he's passionate about MK and some people on this forum act like that but they clearly don't know shit.

You guys continuing to bring up Razor after he left like a month ago is another thing. He's being the mature one, while you guys keep bringing it up and talking shit about him. Just fucking drop it already and leave him alone.

I only started posting regularly again a few weeks ago, as MKX news picked up, and I only learned he left about an hour ago in this very thread. I even asked why he left in my post, you'll note. (Though I admit I did it with some facetiousness, I was genuinely curious.)

Still, it was a single post made by a single person. I'm not a "You guys", nor do I "keep bringing up" anything. Someone else brought it to the attention of the thread that he'd left. Then someone else expressed pleasure in it. I then merely took that ball and ran with it, responding in resounding agreement. (For the first time. Ever.)

I don't know why he left, and by your tone it sounds like some personal issues might have been involved, and if they were, I truly am sorry for that. You're right, I don't know him in real life (maybe you do), and I don't wish him ill health or an ill personal life outside this forum.

But again, this is new information to me, and I assure you that any lingering prickyness in my last post was long lingering prickyness he earned in prior discussions over the span of many past years. Not me dancing in victory over whatever happened a month ago. I was glad to learn he'd gone. It made me giddy. And I said why. (Again, for the first time).

If people trashing him and reveling in his exit seems like a lingering topic that won't die, perhaps it's just an illusion of the fact that he left so many of us angry with him in the past. Do "we" keep talking about it? Or are there just THAT many people that actually disliked him making a single comment here or there?

Let it stand as a testament to his personality. If he didn't want his legacy to be lots of people speaking of him like pricks, perhaps he shouldn't have spoken to us like a prick so often in the past.

If he truly is gone, none of "our" comments should reach him anyway, so why do YOU feel the need to be a prick about it? May he enjoy his life away from here and be happy. He had passion. His art was good. But he was a prick. Here, as far as these forums are concerned, I will not miss him.

Maybe the next time someone learns he's gone and has something pricky to say... consider the idea it's not part of a collective razzing that won't die, but an isolated opinion he'd long since earned in the past by well... being a prick.

Consider the topic dropped.

mkwhopperPosted: 02/10/2015 01:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::4512

I upgraded my Pre Order to the Limited Edition(Gamestop) Sunday

redmanPosted: 02/10/2015 01:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::4706

Gillbob316 Wrote:
    redman Wrote:
    Gillbob316 Wrote:
    OttoVonRuthless Wrote:
    andy88 Wrote:

Yeah, I didn't know you were actually asking the reason he left, it really sounded sarcastic. He got banned first of all and then he decided to just leave the forums entirely after the ban was dropped, but he got banned by acting like a total fool. The only reason I was being kind of a prick with my response is because people do keep bringing it up and I didn't realize that you were responding because you didn't know he actually had left. But I was assuming you did and you were just responding to continue the hate on him.

I don't know him personally or irl, but he seems like a decent enough guy from when i've talked to him and just in general. Yeah, he could be a prick but it wasn't all the time. I made the "you guys" comment towards the forum in general.

I just kind of find it pathetic when people trash on him and talk shit when he's not even posting here anymore. but yeah that wasn't really directed at you personally, it was more of me just getting fed up. so yeah topic dropped lol

Gillbob316Posted: 02/10/2015 01:49 PMStatus ::

redman Wrote:
    Gillbob316 Wrote:
    redman Wrote:
    Gillbob316 Wrote:
    OttoVonRuthless Wrote:
    andy88 Wrote:

Yeah, I didn't know you were actually asking the reason he left, it really sounded sarcastic. He got banned first of all and then he decided to just leave the forums entirely after the ban was dropped, but he got banned by acting like a total fool. The only reason I was being kind of a prick with my response is because people do keep bringing it up and I didn't realize that you were responding because you didn't know he actually had left. But I was assuming you did and you were just responding to continue the hate on him.

I don't know him personally or irl, but he seems like a decent enough guy from when i've talked to him and just in general. Yeah, he could be a prick but it wasn't all the time. I made the "you guys" comment towards the forum in general.

I just kind of find it pathetic when people trash on him and talk shit when he's not even posting here anymore. but yeah that wasn't really directed at you personally, it was more of me just getting fed up. so yeah topic dropped lol

Well that ended pretty cordially considering where it started. See! This forum's not all assholes and trolls. Good for us. You're alright.

SabinatorPosted: 02/10/2015 06:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::1109

So i had my EB Games Kollectors Edition of MKX pre-ordered in Australia (https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-202659-Mortal-Kombat-X-Kollectors-Edition-PlayStation-4#)

When i pre-ordered it the listing contained the "Kombat Pack" now it has been removed and apparently the Kombat Pack only is available through the Premium edition which is online purchase only..

What the fuck!

EDIT: It looks like it has been removed off the UK Kollectors edition as well http://www.amazon.co.uk/video-games/dp/B00S4S7FMG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423611924&sr=8-2&keywords=mortal+kombat+x

Page of 15

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
    Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.