Uppercut Editions
About Me

Uppercut Editions - Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project Creator and Manager - Join Our Fight and Like the Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project on Facebook and Twitter -

02/04/2015 03:20 PM (UTC)
So what EXACTLY is the steel card for? Are you gonna put it in your wallet and show it off like..."Hey...I dropped 180 bucks for the Collector's Edition of Mortal Kombat. Check this out."

I don't understand how they came up with this bundle. They should have just done a Poll on all major MK fan sites and let them pick the majority of the items they wanted.

I bet less than 20% would have voted on a Scorpion statue.
bakuryu17
02/04/2015 04:20 PM (UTC)
I want to buy the non-coarse edition on amazon but amazon sells the coarse edition... I don't understand! confused
eugenicz
02/04/2015 04:45 PM (UTC)
T-rex Wrote:
>no artbook
>no soundtrack
>no behind-the-scenes bonus DVD

This. Once again, it's all about Scorpion. Will be giving the special editions a miss, this time.
Blade4693
02/04/2015 04:49 PM (UTC)
bakuryu17 Wrote:
I want to buy the non-coarse edition on amazon but amazon sells the coarse edition... I don't understand! confused

http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat-X-PlayStation-4/dp/B00KOOUVNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid;=1423003029&sr;=8-1&keywords;=mortal+kombat+x

Copy and paste the link, they have 3 versions - Standard, Amazon Exclusive Import Edition, and Coarse Edition, you have to select which one you want.
Blade4693
02/04/2015 05:09 PM (UTC)
Double post lol
Luuks
About Me

02/04/2015 05:54 PM (UTC)
Only Scorpion? I'd like to see Kollectors with more chars... But I know it's impossible.
JimmyMaddogJr
02/04/2015 06:41 PM (UTC)
man fuck that im just getting the limited edition the 95 dollar version.... It comes with everything accept for the corny statue
bakuryu17
02/04/2015 07:26 PM (UTC)
Blade4693 Wrote:
bakuryu17 Wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat-X-PlayStation-4/dp/B00KOOUVNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid;=1423003029&sr;=8-1&keywords;=mortal+kombat+x

Copy and paste the link, they have 3 versions - Standard, Amazon Exclusive Import Edition, and Coarse Edition, you have to select which one you want.

Thank you so much! smile
swerzy
About Me

02/04/2015 07:49 PM (UTC)
As usual, countries that don't have United , States and America in their names get shit on again. Every online UK retailer refuses to comment on getting these special editions and now WB and NRS have lost out on my £100(ish), seeing as I was going to get the non-Coarse edition, but fuck that now. Fuck you WB and NRS. This is the biggest dick move ever.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
02/04/2015 09:17 PM (UTC)
swerzy Wrote:
As usual, countries that don't have United , States and America in their names get shit on again. Every online UK retailer refuses to comment on getting these special editions and now WB and NRS have lost out on my £100(ish), seeing as I was going to get the non-Coarse edition, but fuck that now. Fuck you WB and NRS. This is the biggest dick move ever.

Most of that fucking can probably go to WB.
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
02/04/2015 10:29 PM (UTC)
So the "Golden Scorpion" skin really isn't to my tastes, but whatever, I'm more interested in seeing the "Cold War" Scorpion that's being made in conjunction with people from the MK Kollective website. As a PC gamer I won't be getting either one though. But at the same time, I'm not really all that broken up about not getting a statue. I don't need stuff like this taking up shelf space. That being said, I think the 90 dollar offering is still kind of pathetic in comparison to some of the other collector's editions out there for the same price.

For example, Blizzard offers a collector's edition for the same price that includes a hardcover artbook, a soundtrack, a behind the scenes DVD, a cool mouse pad, and a bunch of in game cosmetic bonuses. And most of the time, those CEs are 10 dollars cheaper than the Kombat pack.

NRS's contemporaries, CDProjekt Red, the Witcher guys (being published by WB, just like MKX is) are offering a digital collector's edition that's about the same price, maybe 10 dollars more that includes an art book, soundtrack, icons, wallpapers, and a few other things that I can't remember.

So while I'll be getting the 90 dollar pack for the extra characters, I think the PC owners as well as the last gen players really got screwed on this deal. As a PC player I would've at least liked to have gotten an art book PDF and maybe some hi-rez character renders and icons.
Blade4693
02/04/2015 10:35 PM (UTC)
bakuryu17 Wrote:
Blade4693 Wrote:
bakuryu17 Wrote:

Thank you so much! smile

Anytime :)
Heavy-Rain
02/04/2015 10:36 PM (UTC)
I don't want guest characters........ :(
swerzy
About Me

02/04/2015 10:37 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
swerzy Wrote:

Most of that fucking can probably go to WB.

Probably, but NRS still allowed it. I still love NRS, but they've let me down here.
Born-To-Be-Hero
02/04/2015 11:04 PM (UTC)
If the differences between these is right, I'm not sure about ordering the Imported Edition from Amazon.co.uk because it looks like whereas the USA gets it by the name of "Kollector's Edition by Coarse" they also get the Kombat Pack but the UK doesn't get it by importing it.

Kollector's Edition by Coarse [US] Amazon.com

Imported Edition (Kollector's Edition by Coarse) [UK] Amazon.co.uk

I want the Coarse statue, the Kombat Pack & skins, and Goro. It's been over a day now and apart from Amazon.co.uk nowhere in the UK has any special MKX listed. Pre-ordering a game shouldn't be this difficult or confusing so I agree now, NRS & WB really messed up for these kollector editions.
Charybdis
About Me

"Pray for the Kahn's Mercy"

02/04/2015 11:08 PM (UTC)
I'm pretty sure that I can't get the Limited Edition in Ireland, at least not without going on Amazon or PSN, neither of which work for me due to delays and a really weak internet. Which is fine, I can't imagine the Kombat Pack ISN'T a season pass or won't be put up on the PSN and that way I can pick and choose if the guests are crap.

The only thing that worries me is if they pre-order for Goro thing applies in Ireland too. UK has it exclusive to Game but Game pulled out of Ireland four years ago
mkmileena
About Me

Ethereal, ravenous, piercing. It's Mileena bitch.

Lovely signature by MINION

02/04/2015 11:11 PM (UTC)
Welp im not going to be buying any of these collectors editions. they sound hideous
ReptileFinally
02/04/2015 11:16 PM (UTC)
To me, the Coarse edition is superior in every way, EXCEPT it doesn't come with a Steel Case which I love collecting. I wonder if those will pop up on eBay after release.
Sonya since 92
About Me

Bladdy lovely Sig by Minion. PSN -rlg24 LIVE -WestcountryBlud

02/04/2015 11:19 PM (UTC)
Ordered both editions. Love me a Mortal Kombat statue smile
cyberdog
About Me

http://i39.tinypic.com/24l4jk6.jpg

02/04/2015 11:27 PM (UTC)
raidenthefridge
About Me

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!

02/04/2015 11:54 PM (UTC)
That is a weird ass Scorpion statue...reminds me of "Beware the Batman" in terms of art style
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

02/05/2015 12:01 AM (UTC)
This is just plain stupid decision making. They could have sold much more KE's if this wasn't all Scorpion. I mean, not only the statues but even the two skins mentioned are BOTH Scorpion. They failed to realize that the majority of the people who buy the KE are loyal MK fans who have been around long enough to know that there is more to MK than fucking Scorpion. Hell, as you can clearly see, most of them resent the fact that yet again Scorpion takes all the love and thus many decide to go with the regular copy of the game, me being one of them.
jimmykricket
About Me

J A X + J A C Q U I
PSN: JimmyxKricket
JxK

02/05/2015 12:08 AM (UTC)
Demon_0 Wrote:
This is just plain stupid decision making. They could have sold much more KE's if this wasn't all Scorpion. I mean, not only the statues but even the two skins mentioned are BOTH Scorpion. They failed to realize that the majority of the people who buy the KE are loyal MK fans who have been around long enough to know that there is more to MK than fucking Scorpion. Hell, as you can clearly see, most of them resent the fact that yet again Scorpion takes all the love and thus many decide to go with the regular copy of the game, me being one of them.

yup 4.
kvath072
02/05/2015 12:24 AM (UTC)
Does anyone know if the Kollectors edition will be available in any stores? I just went to game stop, the of course have their exclusive one (for $99.99 at that) but the $150 version is only online. Will that be available in stores does anyone know?
mkdfan
About Me
02/05/2015 01:21 AM (UTC)
Born-To-Be-Hero Wrote:
If the differences between these is right, I'm not sure about ordering the Imported Edition from Amazon.co.uk because it looks like whereas the USA gets it by the name of "Kollector's Edition by Coarse" they also get the Kombat Pack but the UK doesn't get it by importing it.

Kollector's Edition by Coarse [US] Amazon.com

Imported Edition (Kollector's Edition by Coarse) [UK] Amazon.co.uk

I want the Coarse statue, the Kombat Pack & skins, and Goro. It's been over a day now and apart from Amazon.co.uk nowhere in the UK has any special MKX listed. Pre-ordering a game shouldn't be this difficult or confusing so I agree now, NRS & WB really messed up for these kollector editions.

Uh oh! You can order the KE and Coarse edition from Amazon UK but it's GAME that has the Goro pre order. Really hoping GAME gets the special editions too.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.