Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 3 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]
  • July 18th, 2018
    Lost Kontent: Tobias Shares MKvDC Comic Art & MK4 Reptile [Read On]
  • July 17th, 2018
    John Tobias to Feature on Comic-Con Digitized Graphics Panel [Read On]
  • July 15th, 2018
    Ed Boon Avatar Change Sparks MK/DC Fan Speculation [Read On]
  • July 13th, 2018
    James Wan & Ed Boon Rebuff False Movie Reports [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Round 3: FIGHT!
Raiden (62.7%)
Cyrax (37.2%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 6

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/17/2015 09:02 PMStatus ::
Todd McFarlane Agrees To Spawn Guest Fighter in MKX

He's battled his way through demons, cyborgs and Namco's Soulcalibur II. Could the comic book anti-hero Spawn be eyeing up the warriors of Mortal Kombat X next? Creator Todd McFarlane says it's an open possibility in a Toy Fair interview with GamerFitNation.

'We've actually had a short deal with them, so they may put [Spawn] in there..."

The multimedia savvy toymaker and part-time comics artist threw Spawn's spikey gauntlet into the ring this time last year. Where an Injustice guest spot seemed unlikely, this time McFarlane says an outstanding agreement with Warner Bros. is already in place:

"That means that they have access to be able to use the character in a couple of their games if they want to. Again, it's up to their discretion. So, uh... I gave them a window of time. And, so, I'll just leave it to them to be able to do what it is that they want. So, eventually they'll phone me and say 'Hey. We want to use him here. Is that okay?' Well, technically it's okay because we've already said yes."

The Spawn creator also explains he's looking for ways to relaunch the character before expanding back into video games and other merchandising. Based on the interview, no call has been made by WB or MKX with just two months to go, but with an alleged open licensing agreement and 2 guest characters confirmed for post-game DLC, it may also be unnecessary.

Would you like to see Spawn hacking and slashing his way through the warring realms? Register to share your thoughts on the Mortal Kombat X forum! Special thanks to MKOmmunity forum user smokeman14 for submitting the story!

smokeman14Posted: 02/17/2015 06:35 PMStatus ::

Visits::6406
Nationality::United States
Spawns possible chances increased? Todd McFarlane says WB has the rights to the character

So Todd McFarlane confirms that he's given WB the go to let them use Spawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-NxavrkueQ

Considering how he wanted Spawn in Injustice, I think Spawn's got a good chance, which makes me happy.

SolidSnakezPosted: 02/17/2015 06:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::2819
RE: Spawns possible chances increased? Todd McFarlane says WB has the rights to the character

PLEASE NO PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!!!! NO MORE SUPERHERO SHIT

Blade4693Posted: 02/17/2015 06:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::3252
RE: Spawns possible chances increased? Todd McFarlane says WB has the rights to the character

I wouldn't mind seeing Spawn in, and I guess if WB has rights to him his chances are higher.

dengolinePosted: 02/17/2015 06:43 PMStatus ::

Visits::3286
Nationality::Austria

wow I would love to see SPAWN

SHAMEonNINJASPosted: 02/17/2015 06:43 PMStatus ::

Visits::719

Sound like legitimate arguments to me. I like the old movie, the clown would be a pretty cool character too. I never read the comics so he's not my first choice.

smokeman14Posted: 02/17/2015 06:47 PMStatus ::

I would love this, but they need to get the original voice actor for him from the animated series

MKNinjaChickPosted: 02/17/2015 06:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::2177

I actually want to see Spawn in MKX. If he gets to be in, my boyfriend can finally play MK with me since he loves Spawn.

MK_Fanatic_Posted: 02/17/2015 06:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::458
Nationality::Canada

More stupid comic book guest characters NO ONE gives two steaming shit piles about.

JaymzHetfieldPosted: 02/17/2015 06:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::2461

He's my personal favorite pick for a guest character. This is good news to me.

SwingBattaPosted: 02/17/2015 06:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::1720

MK_Fanatic_ Wrote:
More stupid comic book guest characters NO ONE gives two steaming shit piles about.

smokeman14Posted: 02/17/2015 06:54 PMStatus ::

MK_Fanatic_ Wrote:

Every character in MK is a comic book character. Have you not been reading the comics?

Tazer_GunshotPosted: 02/17/2015 06:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::572

He is an iconic character, but I'm still waiting for Mad Max.

HattorisPosted: 02/17/2015 06:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::1918

It'd be ironic if Michael Jai White voiced him

SHAMEonNINJASPosted: 02/17/2015 07:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::719

Love the Riki-oh sig dude!

HattorisPosted: 02/17/2015 07:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::1918

SHAMEonNINJAS Wrote:
Love the Riki-oh sig dude!

Thanks! I always thought he looked like Liu Kang, so I figured I'd have some fun with it

Immortal_KanjiPosted: 02/17/2015 07:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::7992

I think Spawn would be a perfect fit.

Ion3008Posted: 02/17/2015 07:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::8799

QUICK! FIND KEITH DAVID AND IMMEDIATELY HIRE HIM AS THE VOICE

SPAWN VS SCORPION IN A VENGEANCE OFF AT THE CROSSROADS

SOMEBODY GET KEITH DAVID ON THA PHOOOOOOOOONE

*ahem*

I mean yeah Spawn would be a good choice for a Guest fighter. He's so 90's he fits right in with Scorpion and Quan-Chi.

dengolinePosted: 02/17/2015 07:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::3286
Nationality::Austria

now all the oreo tweets red velvet makes sense...black, white and red

mkwhopperPosted: 02/17/2015 07:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::4514

Oh FUCK YES.

He's violent and dark so he'll fit in smoothly

creed200569Posted: 02/17/2015 07:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::1214

Thats so f-ing stupid. Leave that shit for injustice

AsesinoPosted: 02/17/2015 08:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::14266
Nationality::Bulgaria

I can't believe Spawn has haters! He is ultra mega ultimate kool and he is the final nail needed for the best MK game ever existed!

JaymzHetfieldPosted: 02/17/2015 08:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::2461

dengoline Wrote:
now all the oreo tweets red velvet makes sense...black, white and red

I really think you might be onto something here. Spawn's cape is a huge facet of the character, and it's red fabric, not unlike velvet.

OttoVonRuthlessPosted: 02/17/2015 08:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::2368

MK_Fanatic_ Wrote:

I care about Spawn.

Cages_ShadesPosted: 02/17/2015 08:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::1474

Spawn would fit perfectly in MKX, id be fine with him as a guest character(if we have to have one, which we do)

Better than Jason or Mad Max

Props to MINION
Page of 6

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.