Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (23.5%)
Jade (41.1%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.4%)
Freddy Krueger (8.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]
  • December 20th, 2017
    MKX Mobile 2017 Holiday Bonuses & Updates [Read On]
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/27/2015 04:43 AMStatus ::
Prima Games: No Official Strategy Guide for Mortal Kombat X

Prima Games have been a constant of the Mortal Kombat release cycle, printing official strategy guides from the misty days of the arcade, right through to the last game: Mortal Kombat (2011).

Sadly, the tradition of official printed strategy guides looks like it will break with the release of Mortal Kombat X. Prima Games has confirmed they do not have the rights to print a guide for the latest title, but "certainly would if we could."

Prima's 2011 strategy guide was marred by errors, but the publisher offered a make good to customers in the form of unique correction cards for each character -- themselves a collectible item.

Past Prima guides have included character bios, artwork and trivia, along with the usual content of combos, strategies and secret inputs. It's a double blow for collectors of printed material - some fans disappointed by Warner Brothers' decision to omit an Art Book from this game's Kollector's Editions.

More Than a Kompanion: Klassic Prima Guides [via Amazon].

Will you be missing the added touch of a printed strategy guide? Register to share your thoughts on the forum. Share this story and others via @MK_Online and Facebook.

Ninja_ArtsPosted: 02/27/2015 07:28 AMStatus ::

Visits::10529
Nationality::United States
RE: Prima Games: No Official Strategy Guide for Mortal Kombat X

Kinda sucks. This plus no art book? Wtf.

Maybe one day I'll probably make more of an impact than you'll ever fake. Sign the official petition for an MK LORE ENCYCLOPEDIA: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/418/526/mk-fans-unite-we-want-an-mk-lore-encyclopedia/?taf_id=13672050&cid=fb_na#
unleash_your_toungePosted: 02/27/2015 08:07 AMStatus ::

Visits::5818

Ninja_Arts Wrote:
Kinda sucks. This plus no art book? Wtf.

Yeah...guess they don't want the finishers accessible to everyone from the get go. Especially the requirements for them Brutalities. Which isn't a bad thing, but I liked getting the guide just to have it.

As for the art book, majorly disappointing, but I still have a feeling they saved that content for in-game prizes and rewards.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
NickScryerPosted: 02/27/2015 08:11 AMStatus ::

Visits::5270
Nationality::Ireland

It doesn't affect me considering I've never purchased a strategy guide for any game in my whole life. I'm a quick Google search guy. Sucks for those that do like buying them though.

JimothyRoquesPosted: 02/27/2015 11:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::88

sucks for those wanting the art, but as for the guide proper...if it was really that error riddled last time that is the likely explanation for not doing it this time

J-spitPosted: 03/02/2015 12:26 AMStatus ::

Visits::7211

Shame. That 2011 may have had issues, but it taught me the basics of both MK2011 and fighting games in general.

Also, that art.

Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
mortalkombat247Posted: 03/08/2015 09:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::4488
Strategy Guide?!

Any thoughts on a possible strategy quite for MKX, even a Kollectors Edition, much like the one that came out for the last game. Aside from the major screw up with the cards that came with them being all messed up, the presentation and visuals of that guide were excellent. Would love to add one like it for MKX!

To Live in silence is to live in fear
BADASS6669Posted: 03/08/2015 10:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::5695
RE: Strategy Guide?!

Confirmed by Prima that there won't be a guide

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
GoDisNotHereTODAYPosted: 03/08/2015 11:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::7462

No guide. No artbook. Travesty, really.

LokheitPosted: 03/09/2015 05:13 AMStatus ::

Visits::2707
Nationality::Spain

Everyone saying the lack of a prima guide sucks should look back to how much it sucked last time prima did a guide for the game.

The lack of an artbook is a different matter, but the prima guide was terrible and almost everyone was disappointed to "rage mode" levels.

Also, in the era of the internet, and specially, wikis, paper guides are no longer what they used to be, specially when games are constantly balanced through patches.

Ninja_ArtsPosted: 03/15/2015 05:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::10529

People aren't nearly as upset because there is no artbook.

Guides were more for collectors than people who needed them. Sure, some did, but the fact that they weren't given the stuff to do this is kind of dick by NRS considering they also did one for Injustice, and that had a sizeable art section as well.

If there's an artbook, then no one is gonna care if there isn't a guide. Just saying.

Maybe one day I'll probably make more of an impact than you'll ever fake. Sign the official petition for an MK LORE ENCYCLOPEDIA: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/418/526/mk-fans-unite-we-want-an-mk-lore-encyclopedia/?taf_id=13672050&cid=fb_na#
Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.