Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (23.5%)
Jade (41.1%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.4%)
Freddy Krueger (8.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]
  • December 20th, 2017
    MKX Mobile 2017 Holiday Bonuses & Updates [Read On]
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 5

Mick-LuciferPosted: 03/02/2015 09:26 AMStatus ::
Mortal Kombat X: Mobile Edition Trailer

In one of the most unexpected developments in the Mortal Kombat X cycle - NetherRealm Studios have announced a mobile version of the April console fighter!

NetherRealm Studios has been building its mobile cache since contributing to Arkham City: Lockdown in 2011. The studio developed a card trading game for Injustice: Gods Among Us and recently launched the massively successful WWE: Immortals.

Update: Available April, Mortal Kombat X will be a free-to-play fighting/card battle hybrid in the vein of Injustice Mobile for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android users. Once the console and PC version of the game is out, players will be able to unlock content for mobile platforms (and vice versa) by playing both versions. A version of the persistent Faction War mode will also be present.

"NetherRealm Studios has created a Mortal Kombat X mobile experience that allows more players than ever before to play this over-the-top fighting game through their ever-present smartphones, tablets or other devices," said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “What’s more, we’ve expanded the unique cross-connectivity feature that links the mobile and console versions of Mortal Kombat X, delivering unique rewards to all players for simply playing the mobile game."

[Related Topic: Injustice Mobile Adding MKX Scorpion, Static & More]

The trailer features 2D klassic kombat heavily, noting milestones along the Mortal Kombat release timeline before settling on Mortal Kombat X. Could this suggest a special tie to the original titles, or the pre-reboot timeline? It's difficult to draw any conclusions at this early stage. Interesting to note that none of the 3D klassic titles are seen.

What do you want to see in MKX Mobile? Register to join the mobile speculation and more on the Mortal Kombat X forum!

theimmortal20Posted: 03/02/2015 09:13 AMStatus ::

Visits::2252
Mortal Kombat X will be going Mobile!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=911068105591254

Check it out!

SolidSnakezPosted: 03/02/2015 09:14 AMStatus ::

Visits::2819
Mortal Kombat X Mobile Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF_LkhjaLAM

KenshiMaster16Posted: 03/02/2015 09:15 AMStatus ::

Visits::10137
Nationality::United States
RE: Mortal Kombat X will be going Mobile!

Potential new character/costume at 0:46 seconds.

DenizenPosted: 03/02/2015 09:18 AMStatus ::

Visits::920
Nationality::Chile

Nice, thanks for sharing.

KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
Potential new character/costume at 0:46 seconds.

Nice catch, it may be one of Scorpion's alts.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 03/02/2015 09:20 AMStatus ::

Denizen Wrote:
Nice catch, it may be one of Scorpion's alts.

Agreed. Also nice to see Reptile and Ermac's alts in action as well.

kvath072Posted: 03/02/2015 09:22 AMStatus ::

Visits::1571

I wonder if it will also act as a companion app for the console versions like injustice to unlock additional costumes and whatnot.

The_TruthPosted: 03/02/2015 09:24 AMStatus ::

Visits::15767

Hmm...so somewhat like the Injustice ap then? I wonder if they are going to do similar stuff like they did with that mobile game like have costumes that are unlocked through it. I wonder if it gets released prior to the main title as well?

photo beastmode copy_zpsp7yqozmh.jpg
DenizenPosted: 03/02/2015 09:26 AMStatus ::

More platforms means higher chances of significant leaks during the final month, just saying.

GoDisNotHereTODAYPosted: 03/02/2015 09:29 AMStatus ::

Visits::7462

Definitely confirms the feudal Japan skins. That Scorpion skin towards the end is most certainly feudal era ninja garb.

Thracian_TsarPosted: 03/02/2015 09:31 AMStatus ::

Visits::2695
Nationality::South Tyrol

The official press release:

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES MORTAL KOMBAT X FOR MOBILE DEVICES

Number One Fighting Game Franchise to make Worldwide Debut on iOS and Android Devices

BURBANK, Calif. – March 2, 2015 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mortal Kombat X, a free-to-play fighting/card-battler hybrid that delivers the next evolution in mobile fighting games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android users. Developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, the game delivers striking graphics and brings a custom Mortal Kombat fighting gameplay experience anywhere, anytime through the accessibility of mobile devices. Mortal Kombat X will be available April 2015 on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices.

“NetherRealm Studios has created a Mortal Kombat X mobile experience that allows more players than ever before to play this over-the-top fighting game through their ever-present smartphones, tablets or other devices,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “What’s more, we’ve expanded the unique cross-connectivity feature that links the mobile and console versions of Mortal Kombat X, delivering unique rewards to all players for simply playing the mobile game.”

As the next evolution of mobile fighting games, the Mortal Kombat X mobile game will feature a hybrid of fighting, card collecting, multiplayer team combat and more, featuring shocking Fatalities, legendary Mortal Kombat characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden as well as the Next generation of Kombatants. The Mortal Kombat X mobile game will showcase the iconic visceral combat with the vicious graphics that Mortal Kombat fans love, along with brutal Fatalities, x-rays and more.

The console and PC versions of Mortal Kombat X will be available worldwide on April 14, 2015. Once launched, players who own the forthcoming console or PC versions of the game will be able to unlock content in the mobile game and vice versa by signing up for a WB Play account and completing tasks and achievements within each version.

---

"Once launched, players who own the forthcoming console or PC versions of the game will be able to unlock content in the mobile game and vice versa" -

MortaniusPosted: 03/02/2015 09:32 AMStatus ::

Visits::2081
Nationality::South Africa

Scorpion's new alt looks like the Feudal Japan skin, which as we've seen will be on consoles too but...  photo MKX Mobile_zps4h19pert.png ...one of my biggest fears about this game was just realized... The inevitable platform exclusive content. Skins, fighters etc. That really irked me when Injustice did that & now MKX is doing the same.

GoDisNotHereTODAYPosted: 03/02/2015 09:37 AMStatus ::

Visits::7462

Mortanius Wrote:
Scorpion's new alt looks like the Feudal Japan skin, which as we've seen will be on consoles too but...

photo MKX Mobile_zps4h19pert.png

...one of my biggest fears about this game was just realized... The inevitable platform exclusive content. Skins, fighters etc.

That really irked me when Injustice did that & now MKX is doing the same.

Nowhere does it say anything about console exclusivity for skins for MKX. What makes you think this

KenshiMaster16Posted: 03/02/2015 09:38 AMStatus ::

This begs the question.....will highly requested characters who didn't make the roster or DLC get released for the mobile game similar to Darkseid and Static?

The_TruthPosted: 03/02/2015 09:39 AMStatus ::

Visits::15767

Ok, so it will be like the Injustice app then. Very cool. Wish they would have included a release date...

photo beastmode copy_zpsp7yqozmh.jpg
T-rexPosted: 03/02/2015 09:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::6346
Nationality::Belarus

Is this supposed to be Beardo Subs?

DenizenPosted: 03/02/2015 09:44 AMStatus ::

Ermac's alt full view.

swerzyPosted: 03/02/2015 09:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::128
Nationality::United Kingdom

T-rex Wrote:

Is this supposed to be Beardo Subs?

Bearded Subs and Ermac's alternate.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 03/02/2015 09:46 AMStatus ::

Just watch, the mobile version is where we're gonna get the likes of Fujin, Tanya and Tremor. lol

MortaniusPosted: 03/02/2015 09:51 AMStatus ::

Visits::2081
Nationality::South Africa

GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:
Mortanius Wrote:
Scorpion's new alt looks like the Feudal Japan skin, which as we've seen will be on consoles too but...

...one of my biggest fears about this game was just realized... The inevitable platform exclusive content. Skins, fighters etc.

Nowhere does it say anything about console exclusivity for skins for MKX. What makes you think this

It's pretty safe to assume that we'll be able to unlock things for the mobile game via console & the other way around too. Similar to Injustice.

I'm not saying console exclusives but content that's exclusive to the mobile game. The Injustice mobile game only gave us a few skins & some items for our hero cards. Console content support was stopped early whereas the mobile game got new skins & even Darkseid & Static as playable characters.

Blade4693Posted: 03/02/2015 10:02 AMStatus ::

Visits::3252
RE: Mortal Kombat X: Mobile Edition Trailer

God fucking dammit, I hope we don't have to play the mobile version to unlock certain shit on the console version like for Injustice, I hated that.

DenizenPosted: 03/02/2015 10:08 AMStatus ::

Blade4693 Wrote:
God fucking dammit, I hope we don't have to play the mobile version to unlock certain shit on the console version like for Injustice, I hated that.

Pray for not having Mobile version exclusive characters.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 03/02/2015 10:10 AMStatus ::

Denizen Wrote:
Blade4693 Wrote:

You know it's coming. That's where a lot of the 3D era's will show up. Already betting Tremor/Fujin show up here.

DenizenPosted: 03/02/2015 10:15 AMStatus ::

KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
Denizen Wrote:
Blade4693 Wrote:

You know it's coming. That's where a lot of the 3D era's will show up. Already betting Tremor/Fujin show up here.

AJBluePosted: 03/02/2015 10:17 AMStatus ::

Visits::5349

Mortanius Wrote:
GoDisNotHereTODAY Wrote:
Mortanius Wrote:

It's pretty safe to assume that we'll be able to unlock things for the mobile game via console & the other way around too. Similar to Injustice.

I'm not saying console exclusives but content that's exclusive to the mobile game. The Injustice mobile game only gave us a few skins & some items for our hero cards. Console content support was stopped early whereas the mobile game got new skins & even Darkseid & Static as playable characters.

I agree. It's not like this is something new. Might as well just expect it from now on unfortunately. They did a similar thing with MK 2011's Vita port.

Page of 5

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.