Supergirl (TV series)
posted07/22/2018 07:46 AM (UTC)by
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!

I was massively disinterested until the costume photos dropped.
Superman's had a pretty good history when it comes to representing the costume in its full, red, blue & yellow glory. So it shouldn't be wildly surprising that Supergirl's got the look. Still, I appreciate anyone who's willing to go there in an age of increasingly drab heroes.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
05/14/2015 06:32 AM (UTC)
- WATCH: CBS Unveils First "Supergirl" Trailer [YouTube]

As part of its upfront presentation Wednesday afternoon, CBS revealed a six-and-a-half minute long trailer for "Supergirl," its small-screen adaptation of the iconic DC Comics hero, starring Melissa Benoist in the title role.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

11/18/2015 03:44 PM (UTC)
- New "Supergirl" Synopsis Traps DEO Agents Alongside [SPOILERS]

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
“Human For a Day” – Kara and her friends must rely on their inner strength and courage when an earthquake strikes National City. Also, Alex’s mistrust of Hank reaches a breaking point when the earthquake traps them in the DEO with Jemm (Charles Halford), a powerful alien escapee, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Dec. 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

There's a tiny photo of the character in question in the article and it's well worth a look!

For all the talk about Flash being an 'unashamed comic book show' - Supergirl seems to be the series that walks the walk, talks the talk, and doesn't look like a bunch of dorks in their best Smallville cosplay.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

12/08/2015 04:40 AM (UTC)
- Major DC Comics Character Makes Surprise "Supergirl" Debut [SPOILERS]

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
As expected, Hank Henshaw (David Harewood) does indeed have a secret, but it may not be the ones fans expected: He's J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter, a prominent and long-running DC superhero created by Joseph Samachson and Joe Certa and first introduced in 1955's "Detective Comics" #225. In DC Comics, Hank Henshaw is the name of the villainous Cyborg Superman, and it appears that was a red herring.

There's a picture in the article you should definitely check out.

The hyperbole about Flash being an 'unashamed comic show' can really go in the trash. Supergirl is where it's at.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

01/19/2016 06:37 AM (UTC)
- What's in store for Martian Manhunter? David Harewood Tells All

For weeks, fans have been speculating just who the DEO boss really is. In the episode "Human For A Day," we found out that he's actually one of the strongest, most compassionate aliens in the universe: J'onn J'onzz, aka Martian Manhunter.

After months of keeping his lips sealed, actor David Harewood was excited to finally talk about his exciting character development. Harewood doled out the details on how his identity reveal will affect both his professional and personal relationships. Read on for all the tidbits!

- "Supergirl" Producers Tease Bizarro, Indigo and "For the Girl Who Has Everything"

With so much happening in the world of CBS’s "Supergirl,” can even the Girl of Steel keep up with all the tweaks and twists on DC Comics mythology that producers throw at her?

Just last week it was announced that Laura Vandervoort, who played Kara Zor-El on “Smallville,” has been cast as the alien biocomputer Indigo, and that the series will introduce its own spin on Alan Moore’s classic Superman story “For the Man Who Has Everything.”

Following that on-set press conference for members of the Television Critics Association, “Supergirl” executive producers Andrew Kreisbeg and Sarah Schechter joined a smaller group of reporters to put even finer points on those announcements, as well to add details about the show's takes on some other DC Comics characters, including Bizarro and Silver Banshee.

FYI - Supergirl is where it's at!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

01/29/2016 02:57 PM (UTC)
- "Supergirl" Debuts Photos From Classic Moore & Gibbons Story Adaptation

The first batch of photos from the upcoming "Supergirl" episode "For The Girl Who Has Everything" have arrived, and it appears as though the adaptation of the classic Superman story will hew very close to the original.

The episode is an adaption of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' classic Superman story "For the Man Who Has Everything," which originally appeared as 1985's "Superman Annual" #11. In the comic, Superman fell victim to an alien plant known as the Black Mercy, a parasite that attaches itself to Superman's chest and forces him into a catatonic state where he dreams of his perfect life that could have been, had Krypton never exploded. Eventually, the dream turns bad, and Superman overcomes the Black Mercy's powers.

In the television episode, Supergirl takes the place of her cousin, dreaming of her lost life on Krypton after falling victim to what looks like the show's version of a Black Mercy.

Good use of the material to get something out for the show. Right on!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/16/2016 04:59 PM (UTC)
- "Supergirl" Finds Its Superman in "Teen Wolf" Star Tyler Hoechlin

Tyler Hoechlin is Superman. Warner Bros. has announced that the actor, best known for his four seasons on MTV's "Teen Wolf," will play the iconic superhero on "Supergirl." Hoechlin's Clark Kent will make his debut at the beginning of the show's second season this fall, which will coincide with the show's move from CBS to the CW.

"Greg [Berlanti] and I have wanted to work with Tyler for ages, so this worked out perfectly because Tyler is Superman," said "Supergirl" executive producer Andrew Kreisberg in the announcement. "We are so thrilled and humbled to add another amazing actor to the legacy of this iconic character."

Don't think I know him. Fingers crossed the addition of Supes doesn't upset the balance.
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

06/16/2016 11:41 PM (UTC)
I actually remember him from when I was a kid and he was on 7th Heaven and I've seen him more recently on Teen Wolf. He's....not a great actor but maybe some of his kind of cheesiness will work for Superman.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/19/2016 06:17 AM (UTC)
oracle Wrote:
I actually remember him from when I was a kid and he was on 7th Heaven...

Ohhhhh... THAT guy. Fair enough.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/29/2016 05:28 AM (UTC)
- LOOK: "Supergirl" Introduces Superman in First Family Photo

Hmmm... Even for a TV Superman, he seems a little unimpressive. Might be a different impression in the show proper, though. (I would've liked to see red trunks).
KenshiMaster16
07/29/2016 05:39 AM (UTC)
Will have to grow on me to be honest.
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

07/30/2016 02:37 AM (UTC)
Ugh, he looks awful. Which is interesting because she's looks superb.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/04/2016 06:15 PM (UTC)
- Superman Battles One of His Classic Villains in New "Supergirl" Set Video

The Man of Steel is headed back to The CW thanks to "Supergirl," but it looks like he's not alone. A new set video has surfaced online and shows him battling what appears to be a classic Superman villain: [SPOILER]

Wow! Could be cool!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/30/2016 05:56 AM (UTC)
- LOOK: CW Welcomes Supergirl in New S2 Poster

The real deal. Glad they haven't messed around with the costume for The CW.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/02/2016 04:07 AM (UTC)
- Supergirl casts Superman villain Metallo — exclusive

When Superman makes his way to Supergirl this fall, the Man of Steel will be facing off against one of his oldest foes from the comics. EW has learned exclusively that Frederick Schmidt has been tapped to play Metallo.

When international assassin John Corben is badly injured after taking on both Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and Superman (Tyler Hoechlin), he is reborn by a shadow organization into the Kryptonite-powered supervillain Metallo.

Schmidt joins other Supergirl newcomers in season 2, including Hoechlin as Superman, Lynda Carter as POTUS, Chris Wood as Mon-El, Sharon Leal as Miss Martian, Katie McGrath as Lena Luthor, Ian Gomez as Snapper Carr, and Floriana Lima as Maggie Sawyer.

Making it official. More info in the article.

It'll be interesting to see how they're balancing the Superman material with the star in S2.
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

09/02/2016 11:36 PM (UTC)
Whoa Mon-el? Are we getting Legion business?
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/27/2016 10:56 AM (UTC)
- Supergirl 2x01 Sneak Peek "The Adventures of Supergirl" (HD) [YouTube]

Supergirl 2x01 "The Adventures of Supergirl" Sneak Peek - When a new threat emerges in National City, Kara/Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) teams up with her cousin, Clark Kent/Superman (guest star Tyler Hoechlin), to stop it. Kara is thrilled to have family in town but it leaves Alex (Chyler Leigh) feeling a bit left out. Meanwhile, Hank (David Harewood) and Supergirl are stunned by the pod that came crashing to Earth. Glen Winter directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Jessica Queller (#201). Original airdate 10/10/2016. Subscribe to tvpromosdb on Youtube for more Supergirl season 2 promos in HD!

Pretty good promo. Hoechlin might be a little short, but he can play the part.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

11/05/2016 02:52 PM (UTC)
- Cyborg Superman Arrives in Supergirl ‘The Darkest Place’ Synopsis

As confirmed by the newly released synopsis for The CW drama’s Nov. 21 episode, Cyborg Superman will make his debut in “The Darkest Place.” That’s perhaps not entirely as a surprise, as David Harewood’s used the name Hank Henshaw — Cyborg Superman’s identity in the comic books — before being revealed later in Season One to be the classic DC hero J’onn J’onzz (aka the Martian Manhunter). Fans have long speculated Cyborg Superman would eventually appear in one form or another.

"IT’S SUPERGIRL VS. CYBORG SUPERMAN — While Guardian (Mehcad Brooks) tries to clear his name after being accused of a murder committed by another vigilante, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) heads out on a solo mission to rescue Mon-El (Chris Wood) who has been captured by CADMUS. While fighting to free Mon-El, Supergirl comes face to face with Cyborg Superman. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Robert Rovner & Paula Yoo (#207). Original airdate 11/21/2016."

Hope they really go for it. Always had a soft spot for Cyborg Superman!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/13/2017 04:03 PM (UTC)
- ‘Supergirl’: Calista Flockhart To Return For Season 2 Two-Episode Finale

It’s official. Cat Grant (aka Calista Flockhart) is returning for Supergirl‘s Season 2 two-episode finale, set to air May 15 and May 22.

The CW is keeping mum re details surrounding her return, but confirmed she will be back for the final two episodes.

There’s been much speculation about when Flockhart might return. A regular in Season 1, the Ally McBeal alumna took on a lesser role as a recurring guest star for Season 2 in the wake of the show moving production from Los Angeles to Vancouver.

Cat (Flockhart) was last seen in the second episode of Season 2, titled “The Last Children of Krypton.” At the end of that episode, Cat decided it was time for her to move on. She had dominated the media world, but felt stagnant and took a leave of absence from CatCo Worldwide Media to conquer new worlds. Before she left, Cat promoted James Olsen (Mehcad Brooks) to take over while she was away.

Flockhart has been very specific in her acting choices, only taking jobs that are based in Los Angeles where her family lives. That led to her casting in Supergirl, which was to film in Los Angeles. That obviously changed, with the move from CBS to the CW at the end of Season 1, and WBTV’s decision to move production to Vancouver where all other Greg Berlanti CW superhero series are shot.

Supergirl was one of seven CW series to get an early renewal, and will be back for Season 3.

Very enjoyable presence in the first series. Glad she hasn't disappeared completely.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/17/2017 05:04 AM (UTC)
- It’s Supergirl v Superman in Season 2 Finale Promo [YouTube]

SUPERGIRL FIGHTS FOR HER CITY; SUPERMAN RETURNS- Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) challenges Rhea (guest star Teri Hatcher) to battle to save National City. Meanwhile, Superman (guest star Tyler Hoechlin) returns and Cat Grant (guest star Calista Flockhart) offers Supergirl some sage advice.

Because nothing gets the kids tingly like Superman as the bad guy.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

01/11/2018 07:35 AM (UTC)
- Supergirl: First Look At Saturn Girl’s Legion Costume

I'm always disappointed to see Supergirl fall short of the comics. The things they get right are awesome and really give them license to go all out. Switching colour/brights for black is tres weak. Get Saturn Girl in white and pink! Put Mon-El in red! Let's go!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/22/2018 07:46 AM (UTC)
- Supergirl | Supergirl Comic-Con® 2018 Trailer | The CW [YouTube]

The fight for liberty begins Sunday, October 14 on The CW. Stream Supergirl for free on The CW App: go.cwtv.com/SPGCCyt

Superhero drama and armor!
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.