Who is the strongest MK character?
posted09/17/2015 06:29 PM (UTC)by
AgentK
About Me
Marvel has Thanos, DC has Superman, DBZ has Goku...

Who is the strongest MK character of them all?

Raiden? Onaga?
Spartages
About Me

N/A

04/01/2015 03:13 AM (UTC)
I want to say Onaga, since he didn't even get scratched by Raiden's sacrifice.
OrangatangKang
About Me

WATAHHHHHHHHH!!!

04/01/2015 09:35 PM (UTC)
Shujinko hands down...
nightbreed_16
About Me

I will rock you.

04/01/2015 10:42 PM (UTC)
Blaze.furiousfuriousfuriousfuriousfurious. One flame for every letter. No one messes with Blaze.grin
raidenthefridge
About Me

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!

04/01/2015 11:28 PM (UTC)
Neither Thanos or Superman are the most powerful characters in there respective Universes, I think marvels would be The Beyonder and for DC The Spectre maybe?

MK is kind of a tricky one, Ermacs telekinesis should allow him to dispatch everyone with the flick of the wrist but for game play reasons that doesn't happen. Onaga perhaps? since the Kamidogus were needed to defeat him in MKD.
SubMan799
04/02/2015 12:44 AM (UTC)
Shujinko > Onaga > Liu Kang > Shao Kahn > Raiden
AgentK
About Me
04/02/2015 03:26 AM (UTC)
Shujinko??

Raiden would tear Shujinko in two easily.

For me it comes down to Raiden vs. Onaga.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

04/02/2015 04:14 AM (UTC)
AgentK Wrote:
Shujinko??

Shinnok is a worthy mention.
SubMan799
04/02/2015 06:03 AM (UTC)
AgentK Wrote:
Shujinko??

Raiden and the Deadly Alliance got destroyed by Onaga while Shujinko kicked his ass. The Jinks takes this
residentfan
04/02/2015 12:38 PM (UTC)
I think Shao Kahn at the end of MK9 was quite powerfull, he wrecked Raiden with a few punches, took out both Sonya and Johnny by just moving his hand, and then took a direct blast of energy from the Elder Gods like if it was nothing. And it could be said that he only lost to Liu Kang because it was a tournament, otherwise he could simply take his soul.

He also has feats in the old timeline, took the souls of an entire realm with a spell, was quite smart, he sensed danger and created a clone of himself that was killed him his place, ressurrected Goro and Shang Tsung, reclaimed Outworld from Mileena, killed Onaga in the battle of Armaggedon and then became the winner by killing Blaze.

Now talking about Onaga, he was only able to defeat Raiden and the Deadly Aliance because he had the Kamidogus, otherwise I think Raiden alone could take him out.

So yeah I think Shao Kahn is the most powerfull one.
sickoftakenusernames
About Me

The MK Gods on dA

Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets

04/02/2015 10:47 PM (UTC)
Onaga, hands down.

Followed by Shinnok and Raiden being somewhere in the top 5 with him.
lanadelrey
04/03/2015 08:06 PM (UTC)
Ummmmm.... why is no one mentioning Kobra???
Thatoneguy
04/12/2015 11:58 AM (UTC)
The One Being
JohnBoyAdvance
04/13/2015 07:38 PM (UTC)
In another time line it was Shao Kahn legit.

He won Armageddon.
LordSkarlet
04/14/2015 03:06 AM (UTC)
Thatoneguy Wrote:
The One Being

I would totally agree with you, but we have never actually seen The One Being so we can't count it.

Onaga is the strongest in MK, as others have said, Onaga wasn't even wounded by Raiden's sacrifice that killed the Deadly Alliance. It took Shujinko absorbing everyone's powers to kill him.
starzilla83
04/15/2015 01:35 AM (UTC)
I think the strongest is Rain, considering he can kick someone across the planet. But really, i'm guessing Shao Kahn
JasonVPred
About Me

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

04/15/2015 08:07 AM (UTC)
starzilla83 Wrote:
I think the strongest is Rain, considering he can kick someone across the planet. But really, i'm guessing Shao Kahn

As a Rain fan, I approve of this.
Masr
04/24/2015 05:54 PM (UTC)
I'd elect Scorpion because of his consistency and he is always around. I guess Liu Kang is a candidate though, as he thwarted Shao Kahn's rule a couple of times. These higher tier fighters mentioned in this thread all had purposes that put their spot in a different light, because of them having different epochs. So, It's challenging to decide who was most powerful because some roles from different eras are more dominant than others, at changing peaks.
boomboom
About Me

I hate this place.

05/02/2015 04:08 AM (UTC)
Honestly, there is none.

Think about it.

Shinnok, in both his corrupted and normal forms, gets creamed by Cassie, and before that, her father.

Yet, we see in MK9, Cage was nearly killed by Motaro before Raiden saved him.

In Armageddon, at least, the intro of MK9, we see that Kahn, after Blaze died and everyone got superpowered, he did win, to the point that he was crapping on Raiden with no apparent tiring.

Yet, in MKDA and MKD, Kahn supposedly died cuz of the Deadly Alliance.

The Deadly alliance succeeded, and nearly killed Raiden. But remember, this was 2v1, and in MKDA's intro, Liu Kang was clearly winning against Shang Tsung.

Then, Onaga resisted all of the Trio's attacks, as well as Raiden's suicide explosion.

Onaga still died to Kahn's poison earlier in the timeline.

My point is, it seems that, just like in Pokemon, everyone has a counter or a weakness. No one fighter is the best because they all get bested at some point, and, even if one DOES get that title, all it takes is a group to beat them.

I mean, Mortal Kombat is Mortal Kombat, but if Mega Destroy Evil Darkness guy comes around, why would Raiden bother sending his warriors in to fight one on one? No, he would say "everyone in".
shaggysorceror
About Me

Look, now Baraka has grown hair and beard! Shit, the time does fly...

05/03/2015 09:38 PM (UTC)
A matter of preference, rather than a soluble, finite debate. All "strong" characters have once been vanquished. Even Onaga succumbed to a thing as mundane as a poison.

Rather, we can use the topic to disparage the illusions about the invincibility of certain characters. E.g. Shao Kahn didn't manage it to the top of the pyramid because he was the strongest but because throughout the original timeline he gradually grew ever more powerful and harder to beat (hence Raiden's plan to prevent not only the Armageddon itself, but the MK Armageddon-surrounding events as a whole). Onaga wasn't immune to Raiden's sacrifice because of his innate resistance, but because he was draining the power from the Kamidogu. Shujinko didn't kick Onaga's ass because he was the strongest, but because he possessed the myriad of learned experiences, skills, powers...

And the rationalisation goes forever...
Blade4693
05/07/2015 11:31 PM (UTC)
Likely Onaga, but I guess that would raise the question, how did Kahn manage to beat Blaze, yet had to poison Onaga to beat him? You think Onaga would be able to beat him if Kahn can.
Sindel798
05/12/2015 06:34 AM (UTC)
Im gonna do a top 15

1. Onaga
2. Blaze
3. Liu Kang
4. Shao Kahn
5. Shinnok
6. Taven
7. Raiden
8. Cassie Cage
9. Shujinko
10. Quan Chi
11. Sindel
12. Nightwolf
13. Shang Tsung
14. Daegon
15. Sub-Zero
Jenafella56
05/12/2015 11:38 PM (UTC)
Shinnok
DAEGON1
05/16/2015 02:35 PM (UTC)
1. Elder God-powered Raiden
2. Normal Human Liu Kang
3. Shao Kahn
4. Shadow Johnny
5. Shadow Cassie
6. Corrupted Shinnok
7. Shinnok
8. Shujinko
9. Onaga
10. Raiden
11. Quan Chi (with Shinnok's amulet)
12. Shang Tsung

After that I have no idea.
b-rad007
About Me

"JOHNNYBOUGHTACAR"-Raiden, protector of Earthrealm

05/22/2015 02:19 PM (UTC)
Lol @ whoever had raiden #7 like wow. Overall it's one being then elder gods but we won't count them. original timeline wise it was shao kahn, according to mk9 he kills onaga after he flies him away, then kills blaze, gaining the gift of power or whatever from killing him, ending all of reality. In our new timeline it's tricky, but raiden is the most powerful warrior walking around the realms. He sent Liu Kangs punk ass to the netherrealm with the flick of his wrist, and people have him higher than raiden too? I think the next installment we will see raiden wrecking shit left and right, probably taking the fight to both kotal Kahn and Liu kang. one could make the argument that Johnny Cage is up there now also, he's taken on ermac, shao Kahn, possessed sindel, and shinnok and is still alive. If he can learn to control his powers and use them at will like his mk9 ending, he will be right there with raiden and onaga

Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.