Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (28.2%)
Jade (43.5%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (23.0%)
Freddy Krueger (5.1%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • September 18th, 2017
    Raiden & Black Lightning Electrify in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • September 14th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Pop! Vinyl Coming Soon [Read On]
  • September 1st, 2017
    No More Mortal Kombat Guests for Injustice 2 [Read On]
  • September 1st, 2017
    Kombat Kon 2017 Returns This Month [Read On]
  • August 31st, 2017
    Speculation: Will Fighter Pack 3 Deliver Third Kombatant? [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 11

Mick-LuciferPosted: 04/02/2015 11:51 AMStatus ::
Spoilers: IGN Host 25 Minutes of Mortal Kombat X Story Mode

Mortal Kombat X is less than two weeks away - but if that's still too long to wait, IGN have a 25 minute preview of the story mode. Note: The preview is a walkthrough of Chapter 1 and will contain extensive spoilers! Continue at your own risk:

[Related Article: GDC Previews Paint Picture of Mortal Kombat X Story Mode]

Mortal Kombat X: Chapter 1 centres around returning playable kombatant Johnny Cage, and his comrades in the Special Forces: Kenshi & Sonya Blade.

Their mission - join Raiden at the Sky Temple and defend the world from the forces of Shinnok and his demonic Netherrealm hordes. The plot loosely picks up from the epilogue of series do-over Mortal Kombat (2011), and covers the expected territory that was originally the premise for Mortal Kombat 4.

With a storyline spanning 25 years, questions about the relevance and representation of Shinnok's invasion have been frequent. It's difficult to conceive of the fallen elder god Shinnok leaving the saga in its first chapter - but even if that were the case - the MK4 plot is well serviced by the opening episode!

Scorpion & Sub-Zero feature as the initial antagonists of the piece - getting a "hero" entrance that makes beautiful use of the tropes of Scorpion's "get over here" attack. The undead ninja is in his 2011 design, maintaining some semblance of continuity between games, while Sub-Zero appears as the first of an army of revenants controlled by Quan Chi. By the time the fight moves to the Sky Temple, those revenants include other fighters killed in the last game: Sindel, Jax, Stryker, Kabal, Nightwolf & Smoke.

Jax shines as one of the fight opponents. His revenant look amps up the basics of his design, jacking up the classic look of the cyborg arms to become something spikey, menacing and unnatural. With the exception of Sub-Zero; Smoke has undergone the most decisive stylistic change between games. He insists on being called "Enenra" during the fight: a reference to mythological Japanese smoke monsters - which he was revealed to in fact be, in MK2011. Gone is the wispy white hair of the last game, in favour of a dark cowl more in line with his alternate attire. Fortunately, he wasn't the only cult favourite to make a substantial appearance.

DIE WILL YOUNo Loyalty

Defending the Sky Temple beside Raiden is the wind god Fujin. He's a welcome return to the plot that originally introduced him as a boss character in Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero, and a playable fighter in Mortal Kombat 4. If you've been reading the comics, you've already seen Fujin back in action sometimes after this part of the story - but is he playable? The new design offers hope to fans, but it's tough to shake the suspicion that he could held back for later DLC, similarly to Martian Manhunter in Injustice.

Shinnok -- who is confirmed playable -- remains a somewhat unintimidating presence, but bucks MK4 level criticism with a fight sequence that shows moments of brilliance. His upright, effortless defense against punches is a highlight for a character who should feel above the inconveniences of physical exertion. A state he might achieve if he could keep hold of the notorious amulet at the centre of many recent MK games.

If you've seen the Cage Family Trailer, you know Johnny & Sonya eventually make their way to the stand-off with Shinnok. Theories about any dramatic end for our heroes can be dashed. Johnny discovers his inner power and goes toe-to-toe with the fallen elder god, helping secure the amulet so Raiden can suck his nemesis into it. Sonya's left to heal, and we're left to ponder the significance of Shinnok's fate and the presumption of his eventual return. For the full experience - check out the video [embedded above] or wait to play yourself!

Mortal Kombat X officially lands on PlayStation 4, Xbox One & PC Tuesday, April 14th! Register to discuss all the major developments on the Mortal Kombat X forum! Support the site by liking and sharing stories via @MK_Online, Facebook & YouTube.

charlesadamstPosted: 03/30/2015 09:25 AMStatus ::

Visits::410
Nationality::United States
Tons of New Video on IGN Including all of Chapter 1, Towers, Intros

All of chapter one and other stuff from a press playtest last week. I'm sure other outlets will be posting impressions today too.

Also all x-rays, including Cassie's at 60fps and tower mode gameplay. Fatalities including Kitana's second. Also test your Might.

All of Johnny's intros, which give new info, including how Sub is human again. Jesus Christ, some of these intro's are pure gold!

Not for people avoiding spoilers.

click here

Dragon Points:
mentalbreakdownPosted: 03/30/2015 09:29 AMStatus ::

Visits::330
RE: New Content on IGN Including Story Chapter 1

Sooooooooooooo, spoilers, right?

Reptile_896Posted: 03/30/2015 09:52 AMStatus ::

Visits::1477

Is that Kitana Fatality new? I don't remember ever seeing that one performed it's definitely lulzy with the finish.

alican_zeroPosted: 03/30/2015 09:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::1036
Nationality::Turkey

SINDEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Sindel-142946721
frabnPosted: 03/30/2015 10:04 AMStatus ::

Visits::539

Good ol' NRS. No one spoils their own games quite like they do. And I say they are responsible because this isn't a leak IGN has, it's NRS-sourced.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
LokheitPosted: 03/30/2015 10:10 AMStatus ::

Visits::2707
Nationality::Spain

Where did the "new costume for Smoke" info come? That one isn't new, so I guess his chances for DLC are on par with Sindel or the other non playable revenants. The enenra remark was cool though.

RDBC1983Posted: 03/30/2015 10:13 AMStatus ::

Visits::661
Nationality::Belgium

Reptile_896 Wrote:
Is that Kitana Fatality new? I don't remember ever seeing that one performed it's definitely lulzy with the finish.

Yeah, I think it's Kitana's first fatality and the other one shown in the trailer was her second fatality

James_SunderlandPosted: 03/30/2015 10:17 AMStatus ::

Visits::213

Good ol Shinnok fighting Sonya and Johnny with one hand behind his back. That was badass.

Second fan of "The Lady in Green...err Turquoise, no Gold?"
ShadalooPosted: 03/30/2015 10:17 AMStatus ::

Visits::7067
Nationality::Canada

Oh, man.

Twinge of pain in my chest to see Smoke just wearing a very slightly modified version of his MK9 alt. I was still holding out a little hope from the early descriptions that said he was wearing a bit of new stuff, but nope. Not at all. He straight-up looks like Noob in Deception with that black shade, haha

Oh, well. I guess I can rest easy, now. He had a good showing last time, and there's always next time.

Shinnok's got like 50% more Palpatine and 5% Frieza. Love those one-handed blocks. Stylin'!

"She called me Johnny". D'awww....

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
Darkhound74Posted: 03/30/2015 10:18 AMStatus ::

Visits::5375

frabn Wrote:
Good ol' NRS. No one spoils their own games quite like they do. And I say they are responsible because this isn't a leak IGN has, it's NRS-sourced.

You act like no other company does this...

photo darkhoundsig_zps0f1vqozf.gif
Thanks MINION
subzertPosted: 03/30/2015 10:19 AMStatus ::

Visits::2022

After watching that, i can safely say that Fujin is in the game.

Spirit_WolfPosted: 03/30/2015 10:19 AMStatus ::

Visits::1201
Nationality::Belgium

frabn Wrote:

How is this spoiling the game? You don't have to watch it if you don't want to. And the video of the story just sets te mood. Nothing really spoiled there. Just some extra cameo's.
Even more, that video just showed how much they improved on the story mode, even though MK9's was good. In the stream a while ago, you the sense how it improved. With this video, you really feel just how much more it improved.
I atleast don't mind, because I'm waiting for a Komplete Edition.

Just watched the story mode video. Now looking to the rest of the video's.
But the story so far... Wauw!!

WindicePosted: 03/30/2015 10:20 AMStatus ::

Visits::22
RE: Tons of New Video on IGN Including all of Chapter 1

I love kitana's intros

immortalkombatPosted: 03/30/2015 10:21 AMStatus ::

Visits::9223
Nationality::Australia

Must resist urge to watch story mode video!

charlesadamstPosted: 03/30/2015 10:22 AMStatus ::

Windice Wrote:
I love kitana's intros

Me too man, some of these are soooooo good. I didn't expect this quality honestly.

Trini_BwoiPosted: 03/30/2015 10:22 AMStatus ::

Visits::2088
Nationality::Trinidad and Tobago

Why Johnny Cage's awesomeness gotta come at the expense of Sonya? God she keeps getting knocked down needing saving.

mentalbreakdownPosted: 03/30/2015 10:25 AMStatus ::

Visits::330

I REALLY WANNA WATCH IT, BUT DON'T WANNA SPOIL MYSELF

BADASS6669Posted: 03/30/2015 10:25 AMStatus ::

Visits::5695

Great find!!

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
OttoVonRuthlessPosted: 03/30/2015 10:25 AMStatus ::

Visits::2359

Fuck.... The story mode is going to be incredible, great job NRS!

charlesadamstPosted: 03/30/2015 10:27 AMStatus ::

Really enjoying Test Your Might, loving the death animations.

DellombiePosted: 03/30/2015 10:27 AMStatus ::

Visits::157
Nationality::Antarctica

I think Fujin is playable after all.

LokheitPosted: 03/30/2015 10:28 AMStatus ::

Visits::2707
Nationality::Spain

Watched the whole story mode video now:

- Fujin HAS to be playable, there is too much detail thrown on him.

- Only the known playable ex-revenants seem to be playable, the others are all slightly modified versions of their older MK9 selves (though there is a glimmer of hope considering Scorpion got his MK9 costume).

- Shinnokh was pretty badass, I'm sure there is a segment of his fight with Johnny that is frame by frame exactly like chosen one Neo against agent Smith in the first Matrix film.

- Being so badass, Shinnokh was imprisoned too soon (3rd battle of story mode and he's already dealt with). It looks like Quan Chi will lead the way the rest of the NR war arc now until the heroes are returned to the good side.

- I liked the quicktime events, but I was missing them on the Shinnokh fight, it felt weird that we got multiple command inputs in the helicopter fight and then none at all in the Shinnokh badass fight.

- Looking forward to play the whole story mode, if the first chapter alone lasts for 25 minutes wil multiple fighting cinematics, the rest must be sooooooo cool!!

Ion3008Posted: 03/30/2015 10:29 AMStatus ::

Visits::8798

Smoke's costume isn't new, sorry Smoke fans. Nor Kabal, Stryker, Nightwolf or Sindel. The Kavern picture that was deemed to be fake by mostly everyone including The Leaker is a setpiece in story mode. What could this mean for Frost? She was included alongside that picture Fujin is a glorious looking badass make him DLC Shinnok looks and sounds great. Good Entrance, Neo dodging, And he's a talker.

GoDisNotHereTODAYPosted: 03/30/2015 10:34 AMStatus ::

Visits::7459

Best morning ever.

Story mode is incredible. Though, it does kinda debunk that leaker. Didn't he say the revenants would be fightable and just use their MK9 move sets? Looks like that didn't play out.

Story is fantastic. Fujin looking to be playable if not now via unlock, then certainly as DLC down the road.

Shinnok looking to be the antagonist of the entire game. That intro sequence set him up hardcore.

I can't wait.

Page of 11

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.