KenshiMaster16
08/17/2015 12:46 AM (UTC)
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
The only real advantage MK9 has over MKX for me is Tag. If MKX had Tag it would be my favorite MK ever. Maybe they'll do a UMKX and add it but who knows?

Every MK should have fucking Tag. Especially when you have family members in the same game.

Agreed 100% about MKX needing tag.
redman
08/17/2015 06:51 AM (UTC)
lanoitarnu Wrote:
redman Wrote:
Spaceman Wrote:
redman Wrote:
Overall,

What system are you playing on? The online on PS4 has been fine for the last like two months.

XB1. It might be fine for you, but there are a plethora of complaints about this shitty netcode. It's a xbox one specific issue at the moment, but a lot of players can't even connect to the servers. It can take up to like 25 minutes just to get into a single match, and then back to the connecting to online loading screen.
ilikethings
08/17/2015 07:01 AM (UTC)
redman Wrote:
lanoitarnu Wrote:
redman Wrote:
Spaceman Wrote:
redman Wrote:
Overall,

What system are you playing on? The online on PS4 has been fine for the last like two months.

XB1. It might be fine for you, but there are a plethora of complaints about this shitty netcode. It's a xbox one specific issue at the moment, but a lot of players can't even connect to the servers. It can take up to like 25 minutes just to get into a single match, and then back to the connecting to online loading screen.

This is the very reason I've stopped playing MKX Online on Xone. Just can't take those waiting times and disconnections. I'm so disappointed with the online. It's been a really big letdown.
MindStrikes
10/25/2016 04:54 PM (UTC)
MK9 >>> Mkx anyday

1. MK9 was actually about MK characters and MK environments.
2. More footsies, less 50/50 ́s
3. Secret input codes
4. Tag team battle
5. Better use of colors
shaggysorceror
About Me

Look, now Baraka has grown hair and beard! Shit, the time does fly...

11/18/2016 09:31 PM (UTC)
MK9 definitely had better story, but I guess it's mostly because there was barely even need for a load of reinventions, as it was a reboot (even most "added" events (Sub Zero transforming into a cyborg instead of Smoke and Kung Lao getting killed being the exceptions) are really simply indirectly reused, e.g. Liu Kang's death at the hands of Raiden was a pastiche of Liu's murder in MKDA; the death of Earthrealm's defenders at the hands of Sindel a pastiche of their death, again, in the beginning of MKD; Raiden "aligning" himself with the Netherrealm a pastiche of his "Dark Raiden phase" in MKD...)

Hence, in its ambition to grow radically different from its predecessor, MKX had few viable options. It did introduce a brand new storyline and cast, to be sure, but for the most part, it was all - mediocre at best. For example, I was never really amused by the idea of "Sub Zero - Scorpion" reconciliation, as were masses of fans, or by Scorpion not being undead any longer... Also, I thought Shinnok was depicted as illogically feeble and non-threatening throughout the entire story (Shao Khan's death practically required the near destruction of the entire Earthrealm, whereas Shinnok, in his apex incarnation, can't defeat Cassie Cage in combat?)...

MKX's Shinnok is, all round, much better than the one in MK4, though.

In terms of other stuff, I frankly know less about MKX (I never got to play it), but I have the impression it's improved and somewhat more enjoyable. I love everything better - maybe most of all, the graphics and combat terrains. The fatalities were gorier, but not necessarily more creative or likeable.
JohnBoyAdvance
11/22/2016 06:55 PM (UTC)
I really dont know overall.

Both of the story modes are enjoyable but not without flaws. Raiden being dumb in MK9 and Random cameos and Scorpion being Scorpion in MKX.

The rosters in both games are great but Whereas MK9 didnt have the bosses playable, I still get the feeling that MKX is going to announce Noob Saibot and Rain and Skarlet any day now.

MKX is missing tag mode, MK9 doesnt have 3 remixes of characters.

MKX only just now have some stage fatalities but MK9 dont have brutalities.

MK9 isnt overloaded with guests (Kratos and Freddy) but we now live in a world where Alien can fight Predator in Mortal Kombat. And yes... I would have a Robert Enguland voice Freddy just so I can complete the other Blank Vs Blank.

I want to hear what Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung would say in the character intros. BUT Shinnok is awesome in them. And he has no reason to be.

Overall I would give the tip of the cap to MKX. But its like they have a drawer of just in case. Sheeva please Ed.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.