Killamore
06/23/2015 08:32 PM (UTC)
Smoke has constantly evolved throughout the series, even in MKX where he just was an NPC. Sindel on the other hand hasn't changed much since her debut in MK3.

Smoke just has more going on with him.
annilation
About Me

I feel so alone, gonna end up a Big ole pile of them bones.

06/23/2015 10:01 PM (UTC)
You already know who I'm voting for...
Luuks
About Me

06/24/2015 12:49 AM (UTC)
The Queen, I hope she's in KP2!
Bllake
06/24/2015 04:21 AM (UTC)
Luuks Wrote:

If they do more DLC, we know at least one will be a female, even if there are only 2 more. I don't see Li Mei, Frost, or any other female in the series being as liked as Sindel, just because they are less known among fans (or casuals). Sindel would ultimately bring more money in than Li Mei, Frost, Sareena, etc. and Jade has been deconfirmed. I can't see Sindel not being DLC for those reasons. Plus, they already have a lot of her...and her moves in the game. That's half the effort of making her a playable character.

I think NRS is going to do at least 2 more DLC characters. For obvious reasons, we can rule out Smoke, Kabal, Stryker, Cyrax, Sektor, Noob, and, let's be honest here, they're not going to make Sheeva DLC. With that, I could only see Sindel, Baraka, and Fujin as DLC. Fujin due to fan demand that Ed is clearly aware of, Baraka because Baraka, and Sindel because she is the obligatory female and is halfway complete.

I honestly don't see them putting Nightwolf in the game. And not that I trust Ed's word, but he said no repeat DLC, so that could possibly rule out Rain and Skarlet. I do think Bo' Rai Cho is a possibility, but I don't have high hopes for him.

When you take a look at ALL of the characters in the Mortal Kombat series, it is super easy to narrow down the possibilities of DLC. Easier than I thought it would be. Sorry for the essay, but I got really into explaining my thoughts on the matter. grin
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/24/2015 05:40 AM (UTC)

The strength of the old world - the cutting edge of the new world! Ferra/Torr are a symbiotic pairing combining the malicious cunning of diminutive Ferra, and her hulking powerhouse Torr. Together they harness a deadly blend of brute force and sadistic brutality! Cyrax is the fusion of man and machine. Once a Motswana warrior and net fighting expert - he was converted into a hi-tech cyborg assassin by the Lin Kuei clan. Worlds collide with two distinct fighting styles. One dominates the fight today, while the other remains written in yesterday. Who kontinues in Round 2? Choose their destiny!... FIGHT!

Thatoneguy
06/24/2015 05:50 AM (UTC)
Cyrax. Also WTF happened to him? Did Kuai just kill him?
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

06/24/2015 06:07 AM (UTC)
F/T. Never really liked Cyrax after MK3
Bllake
06/24/2015 06:43 AM (UTC)
Thatoneguy Wrote:
Cyrax. Also WTF happened to him? Did Kuai just kill him?

It's never mentioned, but it could be in the comics.

My vote goes to Ferra/Torr.
Darkhound74
06/24/2015 09:13 AM (UTC)
I like Ferra/Torr, but Cyrax is my absolute favorite character.

So this choice wasn't that hard.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

06/24/2015 11:09 AM (UTC)
Cyrax.

Sad him and Sektor both missed out on MKX.
Nephrite
06/24/2015 04:25 PM (UTC)
Cy
Jenafella56
06/24/2015 04:57 PM (UTC)
I don't like Ferra/Torr and never cared for Cyrax. But I voted Ferra/Torr
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

06/24/2015 07:11 PM (UTC)
I had a lukewarm reaction when Ferra/Torr were revealed last year at E3, and they were my least favorite at the event, but as time went on I started to like them more and more. They are a great duo and I think their backstory is very interesting.

Cyrax was always my least favorite of the cyborgs, and I've always preferred Sektor in every aspect. I've voted Ferra/Torr this round for sure.
nightbreed_16
About Me

I will rock you.

06/24/2015 07:27 PM (UTC)
This was super easy I voted for Cyrax.wink
Sindel798
06/24/2015 10:17 PM (UTC)
Bllake Wrote:
Luuks Wrote:

If they do more DLC, we know at least one will be a female, even if there are only 2 more. I don't see Li Mei, Frost, or any other female in the series being as liked as Sindel, just because they are less known among fans (or casuals). Sindel would ultimately bring more money in than Li Mei, Frost, Sareena, etc. and Jade has been deconfirmed. I can't see Sindel not being DLC for those reasons. Plus, they already have a lot of her...and her moves in the game. That's half the effort of making her a playable character.

I think NRS is going to do at least 2 more DLC characters. For obvious reasons, we can rule out Smoke, Kabal, Stryker, Cyrax, Sektor, Noob, and, let's be honest here, they're not going to make Sheeva DLC. With that, I could only see Sindel, Baraka, and Fujin as DLC. Fujin due to fan demand that Ed is clearly aware of, Baraka because Baraka, and Sindel because she is the obligatory female and is halfway complete.

I honestly don't see them putting Nightwolf in the game. And not that I trust Ed's word, but he said no repeat DLC, so that could possibly rule out Rain and Skarlet. I do think Bo' Rai Cho is a possibility, but I don't have high hopes for him.

When you take a look at ALL of the characters in the Mortal Kombat series, it is super easy to narrow down the possibilities of DLC. Easier than I thought it would be. Sorry for the essay, but I got really into explaining my thoughts on the matter. grin

Just because she is more known doesnt mean she will be dlc. Tremor is bottom of the barrel garbage and he is making it. Plus, if Sindel does make it, she would be altered. She would get completely different moves and would have an altered appearance, like Tanya. So it isnt that simple. Li Mei and Sareena have decent followings so they are very possible. I can also see them getting flack for making Sindel, Baraka and Rain dlc for money because they are "on-disc"
Luuks
About Me

06/25/2015 01:04 AM (UTC)
Sindel798 Wrote:
Bllake Wrote:
Luuks Wrote:

Just because she is more known doesnt mean she will be dlc. Tremor is bottom of the barrel garbage and he is making it. Plus, if Sindel does make it, she would be altered. She would get completely different moves and would have an altered appearance, like Tanya. So it isnt that simple. Li Mei and Sareena have decent followings so they are very possible. I can also see them getting flack for making Sindel, Baraka and Rain dlc for money because they are "on-disc"

I don't like the idea of "obligatory female" beacuse they always add just 1 girl and its seems quota (that's a stupid rule). I'd like to see more in the same pack, sometimes...

Today I voted for Cyrax.
Killamore
06/25/2015 01:16 AM (UTC)
I do like Cyrax and he has had an interesting story, but what does he do now? He could join the special forces or stay in the Lin Kuei, but again what is his story now? Ferra/Torr have a mysterious relationship to explore as well as a connection to the current Kahn. They didn't play any part of the story of MKX, but they still have a lot of room to explore, where as Cyrax's story is pretty much done.

Concept wise Ferra/Torr is fresher than the yellow robot. Gameplay wise Cyrax has more options and has always been a blast to play. I would always pay for a Cyrax DLC, but I want Ferra/Torr to play a part of the next MK.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/25/2015 05:42 AM (UTC)
I am back from my trip to Yellowstone! It ended early.

I'll just start off with the matches I missed.

Fujin vs. Tanya - Fujin.
Reiko vs. Shang Tsung - Shang Tsung
Jax vs. Smoke - I'd have just ended up flipping a coin, so it doesn't matter.

This time, I vote Ferra/Torr, because I think that they have a lot of potential.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/25/2015 07:14 AM (UTC)

The past and the future collide! Jade was once a skilled assassin appointed as bodyguard for the Outworld Emperor's adopted daughter Kitana. Joining the princess in her rebellion, she lost her life, reborn in the Nehterrealm a revenant. Death came twice, vanquishing her from existence. Frost is an insolent fighter with the ice of cryomancers flowing through her veins. Seeking greater powers she joined the Lin Kuei clan to train under the tutelage of Sub-Zero - new Grandmaster of the reformed clan. Frost's path is one walked before, but will it end the same? Round 2 kontinue!... FIGHT!

Ninja_Mime
06/25/2015 08:17 AM (UTC)
Frost has always been much cooler and appealing to me. I think Jade is a garbage character, and Frost is definitely more relevant with her appearance in MKX.

Where is Jade? oh she's dead lol
etuisee
06/25/2015 08:54 AM (UTC)
Jade is bae
Nephrite
06/25/2015 09:07 AM (UTC)
Jade.

Frost was obnoxious in MKX's story mode, while Jade was the most interesting thing about the entire story mode. glasses
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

06/25/2015 11:46 AM (UTC)
Jade.

Never really cared much for Frost.
Empress_Mileena
06/25/2015 12:06 PM (UTC)
Jade.

And what, she died twice? The hell?
lanadelrey
06/25/2015 12:08 PM (UTC)
Jade.

Jade is one of my favorite characters and Frost has always seemed like a Sub-Zero ripoff. However, she does have potential and Killer Frost showed that there could be an ice character that doesnt feel like Sub-Zero, so I hope she gets another chance in the series
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.