Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Round 2: FIGHT!
Jax (28.1%)
Shao Kahn (71.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • June 15th, 2017
    E3 2017: Sub-Zero Battles Batman in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • June 6th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Teases Raiden, Atom, Black Manta & More [Read On]
  • June 6th, 2017
    Injustice 2 June Update Fixes Gameplay & More [Read On]
  • June 5th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Jade Challenge [Read On]
  • June 3rd, 2017
    Unlock Limited Movie Wonder Woman Gear in Injustice 2 [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/25/2015 10:35 AMStatus ::
MKX DLC: The Predator & Carl Weathers Koming July

Mortal Kombat X introduced its first guest character in May with the downloadable addition of horror slasher icon Jason Voorhees. This July, one of action/sci-fi cinema's heavyweight warriors will also step into the fight with the arrival of The Predator! Get a taste of things to come with the first screenshots of the coming Predator/Prey Pack:

The Predator was first confirmed in March, debuting in the trailer for The Kombat Pack.

Mortal Kombat X Creative Director Ed Boon shared the first screenshot [top], including Predator film star Carl Weathers as a bonus skin included for Jax. Weathers starred in the original 1987 film as CIA Agent George Dillon: responsible for gathering and overseeing a mercenary team fronted by Arnold Schwazenegger's Delta Force Major. Their covert mission becomes a fight for survival when the alien predator begins hunting the team through the dense growth of the fictional Val Verde jungle.

The Predator is remembered for its unique arsenal of advanced technology and weaponry. From a mysterious warrior culture, it employs heat vision and invisibility cloaking - as demonstrated in-game by another Mortal Kombat X screenshot, last April. Fans may have gotten an even earlier glimpse of the alien warrior's yet-to-be-revealed weaponry in a stick figure storyboard.

[Related Article: Mortal Kombat X DLC: Is Jean-Claude Van Damme Next?]

Players who've purchased the Kombat Pack will get first access to The Predator and accompanying skins: Carl Weathers as Jax, Infrared Scorpion & Commando Johnny Cage. Register to discuss DLC and more in the Mortal Kombat X forum. Pit The Predator against Kombatants in fantasy fight debates in the Fan Koliseum!

Reptile_896Posted: 06/25/2015 11:23 AMStatus ::

Visits::1477
Nationality::United States
RE: MKX DLC: The Predator & Carl Weathers Koming July

Infared Scorpion hurts my eyes damn it!

The rest look great can't wait for Predator should reinvigorate my interest in MKX.

BADASS6669Posted: 06/25/2015 11:24 AMStatus ::

Visits::5694

If any Horror Icon fits Mortal Kombat it is Predator.

MY BODY IS READY!!!!

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
NephritePosted: 06/25/2015 11:38 AMStatus ::

Visits::3685
Nationality::Croatia

Infrared Scorpion skin is the worst skin in all of MK's history. So f***king ugly.

They're ruining the lovely esthetics of the game with some of these costumes like Infrared Scorpion, Brazil pack, classic skins pack, Soviet Russia pack... All of these are so out of sync...

Also, why is it so hard to make additional costumes for DLC characters? I just don't get it.... Some characters have 5+ costumes and Tanya has only 1. What's the problem?

ShadowfirePosted: 06/25/2015 11:51 AMStatus ::

Visits::934

I'm not a fan of guest characters BUT I'm a huge fan of Predator and he fits well with the MK cast. I'm so looking forward to him. Would have been nice to have a Arnold Schwarzenegger Skin for Johnny Cage.

ShaolinChuanPosted: 06/25/2015 11:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::14891

So sick! finally get to play as Predator in a fighting game. Always have liked characters that used his likeliness in design like Cyrax, Sektor, Cyber-Smoke, and Fulgore. The king is finally almost here, hope he has some sweet ass fatalities. I'm calling it now, he will rip out the spine and skull attached.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 06/25/2015 12:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::19709

Predator looks fully masked here. Guessing it is his variation visual aid. Hoping his laser doesn't act like Zod's eye laser from Injustice.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
unleash_your_toungePosted: 06/25/2015 12:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::5818

Nephrite Wrote:
Also, why is it so hard to make additional costumes for DLC characters? I just don't get it.... Some characters have 5+ costumes and Tanya has only 1. What's the problem?

I agree. I'd personally love to see her costume in Goro's ending as an alt.

I'll reserve judgement on Infrared Scorpion until I see it in-game. I do kinda like Commando JC though. Decent substitute for my missing Hotshot.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
AgentKPosted: 06/25/2015 01:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::42
Nationality::Argentina

About fucking time. Give me some Predator. I am ready.

gigglesPosted: 06/25/2015 03:05 PMStatus ::

Visits::244
Nationality::Romania

Nephrite Wrote:
Infrared Scorpion skin is the worst skin in all of MK's history. So f***king ugly.

They're ruining the lovely esthetics of the game with some of these costumes like Infrared Scorpion, Brazil pack, classic skins pack, Soviet Russia pack... All of these are so out of sync...

This!!!

The Brazil ones look like some poorly designed fan-mods, those Russian ones look like they came from a generic shooter game and this infrared one looks like a graphic card overheated glitch. *barf*

ezgif 790745928
NephritePosted: 06/25/2015 03:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::3685
Nationality::Croatia

giggles Wrote:
...and this infrared one looks like a graphic card overheated glitch. *barf*

lmao

It's like they applied 1 filter in Photoshop and that's it. Took 5 secs prolly. I can't believe that skin is happening... I bet the online trolls will love it though.

The_TooCool_MasterPosted: 06/25/2015 03:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::2359
Nationality::Canada

I was a bit annoyed with Carl Weathers at first because I thought he was wearing a bandana and had Jax's face.

Then when I saw it on my TV(unlike my phone) I realized he had the cap and Dillon's face.

I had hoped they would have given him regular arms and the vest, but maybe his overall model and animations wouldn't work with regular arms, so they did the next best thing. I like the concept of the cloth around the metal arms. Gives it that army uniform feel.

frabnPosted: 06/25/2015 05:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::533

I really wish they would have un-cybered the arms for the Dillon skin. I mean, it's not canon, so they wouldn't be violating any sort of fandom.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
etuiseePosted: 06/25/2015 05:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::792

I have yet to unlock hotshot Johnny luckily this one looks similar

moneyguyPosted: 06/25/2015 05:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::1344

So I'm getting these stupid skins with Predator, instead of the klassic fatalities?

okay.

SJWMegatronPosted: 06/25/2015 06:43 PMStatus ::

Visits::721

As far as we know, the Klassic Fatalities will be free. That was what we were led to believe right? There hasn't been an official comment on the Klassic Fatalities yet, other than Steam updating their PC DLC listings with "Klassic Fatality Pack 1" and "Klassic Fatality Pack 2".

SpacemanPosted: 06/25/2015 06:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::2136

First off I'm hype as fuck for Predator, but I was thinking about what sounds or quotes Predator will make during a match (like when he throws his opponent or something) and I really hope he uses that maniacal laugh that he did in the first movie after hearing it from the big Indian guy Billy (no idea how I remember his name). He could do it after he wins a round or maybe have it as his match victory pose. Bonus points and I would absolutely shit my pants out of hype if he said the "Want some candy?" line he uses in the second movie before killing that one dude on the subway train. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? lol i know Predator isn't exactly known for his 'quotes,' not sure how well known these are or if they'd have any chance of making it into the game.

KillamorePosted: 06/25/2015 07:00 PMStatus ::

moneyguy Wrote:
So I'm getting these stupid skins with Predator, instead of the klassic fatalities?

okay.

Predator themed skins being released with Predator? WTF That's crazy.

moneyguyPosted: 06/25/2015 07:28 PMStatus ::

Killamore Wrote:
moneyguy Wrote:

okay.

Because your Predator hype obviously negates my preference for the klassic fatalities over these stupid skins.

KillamorePosted: 06/25/2015 07:50 PMStatus ::

moneyguy Wrote:
Killamore Wrote:
moneyguy Wrote:

okay.

Because your Predator hype obviously negates my preference for the klassic fatalities over these stupid skins.

Your preference doesn't negate the logic of releasing themed packs with each other. My Predator hype was completely made up by you.

moneyguyPosted: 06/25/2015 08:46 PMStatus ::

Killamore Wrote:

Your preference doesn't negate the logic of releasing themed packs with each other. My Predator hype was completely made up by you.

Mhm, but it was a preference as to which one I would prefer so your logic (or whoever's it was) that you felt the need to explain was unnecessary. There was no logic other than I don't like the skins and I would RATHER have the fatalities for free than the skins.

Admit it, I called the skins stupid and you got upset about it. I'll live.

diirecthitPosted: 06/25/2015 09:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::4437
Nationality::Mexico

SJWMegatron Wrote:
As far as we know, the Klassic Fatalities will be free. That was what we were led to believe right? There hasn't been an official comment on the Klassic Fatalities yet, other than Steam updating their PC DLC listings with "Klassic Fatality Pack 1" and "Klassic Fatality Pack 2".

No they won't lol. Nothing but the klassik skins that come with the compatibility pack have been free, what makes you think these fatalities will?

DetoxPosted: 06/25/2015 09:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::4219

I wonder how the whole Carl Weathers appearance came about. Yeah, he was in Predator, but...just how the hell did it even come up? Its awesome that he was even up for it.

Heavy Weapons Carl Weathers...get hype.

Thanks to MINION for the awesome sig

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
The_TooCool_MasterPosted: 06/25/2015 09:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::2359
Nationality::Canada

I think Carl also recorded some lines, did he not? I could totally be wrong here but I was under the impression he did some voice work too. Maybe secret convos against the Predator only?

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 06/25/2015 09:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::19709

The_TooCool_Master Wrote:
I think Carl also recorded some lines, did he not? I could totally be wrong here but I was under the impression he did some voice work too. Maybe secret convos against the Predator only?

His name appears in the credits under voice talent. So he definitely recorded something. Would be awesome if he did all of Jax's dialogue.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Page of 2

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.