WhY does Lin Kuei always win the invasion??????
posted08/20/2015 05:20 PM (UTC)by
Noob-Smoke-3333
does anyone know why they always win? It makes it so pointless every week they start so far ahead of every other faction I just don't get it. Do the points carry over from each invasion? It seems like a massive flaw and really makes invasion mode pointless.

Also faction wars should be rewarded with xp bonus not coins surely by now everyone ha fully unlocked the Krypt and has no requirement what so ever for koins so why not reward each faction member with xp

Winner - 10000xp
2nd - 5000xp
3rd - 3000xp
4th - 2000xp
5th - 1000xp

Also whilst I am ranting factions should be changed to realms just have earthrealm, outworld and netherrealm. This is much more appropriate to the game considering the story is pretty much just a war between all three realms and It aligns better wth the characaters in the game. Just seems pointless having factions with only one charcater representing them I think realms would be better.
ilikethings
08/04/2015 01:14 PM (UTC)
I still don't know what the hell is going on when I see that mumbo jumbo about the faction war invasion pop ups/graphs/points etc

I really like the idea of categorising the wars into realms, a much more easier and simplified approach. Maybe next game!
Blade4693
08/04/2015 01:31 PM (UTC)
Agree on all points pretty much.

I have unlocked everything and have no need for coins, and I have all the trophies so there is no longer any need for me to participate in invasions, war towers etc. unless they start rewarding the winner with something I actually want.

The realms as factions would have been better than the current factions too imo, at least every character (excluding Predator) could at least "belong" to one of them lol I mean where do Kotal and his allies go amongst the current factions? Certainly not SF, Black Dragon, LK, White Lotus or the Brotherhood...they would be a part of Outworld though.
futuretime23
08/04/2015 02:08 PM (UTC)
'Cause they are Lin Kuei.
4 LIFE.
Honestly though,factions should have been realms and not individual groups from the get go,definitely agree on that point.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
08/04/2015 03:06 PM (UTC)
A month ago Special Forces were winning repeatedly. Brotherhood of Shadow won a couple. Black Dragon have won one or two. White Lotus have won.

To get the most enjoyment out of this, it pays to play the long game and have more than a two week memory. Lin Kuei don't always win. I dare say it's weighted against repeat winners, so it probably isn't even possible to go more than a few weeks.

Lin Kuei are popular, though, so they're also likely to bounce back quickly.
Warbro666
08/04/2015 06:53 PM (UTC)
Blade4693 Wrote:

The realms as factions would have been better than the current factions too imo

I don't understand why people want this. Kano is from Earthrealm. Would he represent Earthrealm or Outworld? Mileena and Kotal Kahn are from Outworld, but they're not allies, so therefore wouldn't be in the same faction. I admit the current system has it's flaws but at least they represent existing factions within the universe.
Noob-Smoke-3333
08/04/2015 08:27 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
A month ago Special Forces were winning repeatedly. Brotherhood of Shadow won a couple. Black Dragon have won one or two. White Lotus have won.

To get the most enjoyment out of this, it pays to play the long game and have more than a two week memory. Lin Kuei don't always win. I dare say it's weighted against repeat winners, so it probably isn't even possible to go more than a few weeks.

Lin Kuei are popular, though, so they're also likely to bounce back quickly.

I am not talking about the wars I m talking about invasion I have played it solidly for the last few months and have never seen anyone other then the Lin Kuei win an invasion. They start out miles ahead of everyone else then they win every week I don't get it
Lokheit
08/05/2015 11:55 AM (UTC)
Lin Kuei won the first faction war. Never won again. I know because I can't unlock that damn 5th faction kill because the first week I counted like I joined with ther war already started.

They ALWAYS destroy the invasion boss though. I think this is because the Lin Kuei is the faction with the most players, which allows them to inflict damage to the invasion boss much faster, but they probably caped the overal faction war results so it's probably calculated as an average of the faction members and having the most members of any faction also means the most inactive players, which results on them not winning the faction war no matter how hard they hit the invasion boss.

I'd like to lose the invasion boss thing in exchange of the Lin Kuei winning the faction war. NEVER since the 1st week (probably the "member average" was implemented when the Lin Kuei destroyed everyone during that week).
lohan
08/05/2015 11:56 AM (UTC)
If I remember right Lin Kuei was also the first winner after release. I guess when the game was released Lin Kuei seemed to be the most attractive faction for the players (maybe because Lin Kuei is so popular among the MK universe faction-wise) so they walked the Lin Kuei path (me included). The weeks after you could see different factions win because everyone switched factions as soon as one got a specific faction maxed out (Level 50). By now all the veteran players already have every faction maxed out and switching doesn't make sense anymore.

Judging from all those "Which faction has the most attractive faction kills"-threads on various forums Lin Kuei nearly always ends up on top (either undisputed or together with one of the other factions). It is also the way that I see things. While I love the faction-mechanic I think they could have done way better with those faction kills. IMO nearly all faction kills fall a little bit short in terms of excitement factor where great things could have been done with the faction mechanic.

That said Lin Kuei is the only faction that incorporates a faction-fitting MK-character into its faction kills which is a major bonus for many (yes I know the other faction kills often refer to a character like Fujin, Cyber Sub etc...but Lin Kuei is the only faction that actually features a visible guest character in one of its faction kills). Smoke alone is the reason why I decided to stay with Lin Kuei after maxing out all factions. Again I think the faction kills could or rather should have been way better than what's on offer actually but in the end I settled with Lin Kuei because of Smoke alone. I guess many feel the same.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

08/05/2015 04:24 PM (UTC)
I think honestly it's just broken. Lin Kuei never wins the faction war. Everyone jumped to Lin Kuei at first because ninjas, so they won the first faction war. The reason Special Forces wins every single week is because no one was interested in it as a faction, so those people that were going for the trophy for completing all the factions did Special Forces last, so now most players are in Special Forces and help it any time they play.

Lin Kuei winning against the Invasion Boss every week, honestly, must just be broken. They come in dead last or next to last for faction war every week, yet win the invasion every week? Something ain't right.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

08/06/2015 07:28 PM (UTC)
Black Dragon have won the war the past two weeks. I'm fine Lin Kuei wins consistently (enough) in the invasions. I'm honestly surprised they've been in the bottom so much so they need the boost.

Also, I like Lin Kuei. tongue
Human-Smoke-4-ever
About Me

Why couldn't this ending have happened?

08/09/2015 12:18 PM (UTC)
Noob-Smoke-3333 Wrote:
does anyone know why they always win? It makes it so pointless every week they start so far ahead of every other faction I just don't get it. Do the points carry over from each invasion? It seems like a massive flaw and really makes invasion mode pointless.

Also faction wars should be rewarded with xp bonus not coins surely by now everyone ha fully unlocked the Krypt and has no requirement what so ever for koins so why not reward each faction member with xp

Winner - 10000xp
2nd - 5000xp
3rd - 3000xp
4th - 2000xp
5th - 1000xp

Also whilst I am ranting factions should be changed to realms just have earthrealm, outworld and netherrealm. This is much more appropriate to the game considering the story is pretty much just a war between all three realms and It aligns better wth the characaters in the game. Just seems pointless having factions with only one charcater representing them I think realms would be better.

Because so many people are joining it and beating everyone else by sheer numbers. They should have put a member limit on them.
AnonymousAssassin
08/20/2015 05:20 PM (UTC)
I am in the lin Kuei and they have becoming last for 2 month now.

1st Brotherhood of shadow

2nd Special forces

3rd Black dragon

4th white lotus

5th LIN KUEI

This exact order 4 2 months
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.