Favorite Memory on MKO
posted12/13/2018 04:31 PM (UTC)by
lanadelrey
About Me

I've been on this website since 2009(I think) and forgot the password to my old account, but trust me I've been here, judging you. Anyway, there have been many memorable things even in the short time that I've been here. My favorite has to be when all of the ranks were changed into Seamus(?) from the WWE, which sounds like a fever dream looking back on it to be honest.

So anyway, what's your favorite moment from this forum?
Coltess
08/22/2015 08:56 AM (UTC)
Generally, I prefer not to look back. However, looking back on the insanity that consumed this site around the time of Armageddon, one can't help but chuckle.
KingBellsprout
08/22/2015 06:22 PM (UTC)
coltess Wrote:
Generally, I prefer not to look back. However, looking back on the insanity that consumed this site around the time of Armageddon, one can't help but chuckle.

Yea looking back at old threads is the best.

I miss your podium threads.
Coltess
08/23/2015 12:22 AM (UTC)
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

08/23/2015 12:24 AM (UTC)
MK vs DCU announcement stands as one of the craziest nights I've ever seen on a forum.

Honorable mentions...

Kombat Pack reveal, featuring "klassic" character, Tremor.

MK Armageddon bios being picked apart and pieced back together to figure out just what the hell happened.

MK Armageddon wake up mechanic added after fan outcry and an E3 visit by dedicated members.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

08/23/2015 01:01 AM (UTC)
Anyone remember the infamous "zombo" thread? It's not really a favorite memory, but it was a memory for me nonetheless because I was such a little nooblet back in those days.
ShaolinChuan
08/23/2015 03:46 AM (UTC)
I remember when Ed Boon posted a Zebron drawing on his website and people thought he'd be a real character. Good times.
Coltess
08/23/2015 03:46 AM (UTC)
[Killswitch] Wrote:
Anyone remember the infamous "zombo" thread? It's not really a favorite memory, but it was a memory for me nonetheless because I was such a little nooblet back in those days.

Never heard of it.
ShaolinChuan Wrote:
I remember when Ed Boon posted a Zebron drawing on his website and people thought he'd be a real character. Good times.

Zebron pic was a Krypt item in Deadly Alliance...
*Edit:
ShaolinChuan Wrote:

Ah, cool.

Ka-Tra
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

08/23/2015 04:39 AM (UTC)
coltess Wrote:
[Killswitch] Wrote:

Never heard of it.

Not in the mood to dig it up, but it was somewhere back in 2005. Someone (I forgot who) was saying how they were a zombie and the thread lasted surprisingly for quite some time before closing. I just remember posting in it being a naive 12 year old thinking nobody lies on the internet.

Heh, good(?) times.
Coltess
08/23/2015 05:11 AM (UTC)
[Killswitch] Wrote:
coltess Wrote:
[Killswitch] Wrote:

Never heard of it.

Not in the mood to dig it up, but it was somewhere back in 2005. Someone (I forgot who) was saying how they were a zombie and the thread lasted surprisingly for quite some time before closing. I just remember posting in it being a naive 12 year old thinking nobody lies on the internet.

Heh, good(?) times.

Doesn't ring a bell. Neither does the vampire thread. I certainly wasn't there. I was recruited by a man called Tyrannus on one of the moons of Bogden.
lordkirac
About Me

God of War is Back!

08/23/2015 07:24 PM (UTC)
The day Freddy was announced and MK9 on Xbox 360 lost its purity.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

08/24/2015 04:34 PM (UTC)
Mine isn't really specific, but I miss the days when fan art was a huge deal. There were so many amazingly talented artists here (Aculeus, Bleed, K1LLKANO, cgaddict, JAX007, blacksaibot, just to name a few.)

A few of them are still around, and contributing stuff on DA, but there were just so many people involved in fan art here back in the day. It was very collective.

Other than that, MKvsDCU and the glorious, triumphant return to 2D kombat (MK9) spring to mind.
Joe-Von-Zombie
About Me

Sig by MINION

08/24/2015 05:29 PM (UTC)
MK Vs DCU announcement takes the cake, sooooo much butthurt, it was glorious. Post MKD was a great time too.
OhYesMar$h
About Me

"You will serve me in the Netherrealm!" - Quan Chi.

08/24/2015 06:33 PM (UTC)
Well. Let's just say I used to be here around 2008 under another name for about a good 3 years. I'm alot different. I'm grown. I have priorites that just don't allow me to be bored enough, and go nuts on MKO. lol

Let's see, when I look back though, ONLY the veterans remember how crazy it was, and I have a few questions of my own; Like what the hell happened to the Drive By thread, the rap battle tournaments, and those random poet conversations??

It's all good. It used to be a little more wild back then. They toned it down for the better.
Onaga
08/25/2015 02:02 AM (UTC)
Cyber Sub-Zero's leak/reveal. That was pretty amazing heh.
Pink_Ranger
08/26/2015 01:52 AM (UTC)
This one time on MK5.org.
~Crow~
08/26/2015 02:14 AM (UTC)
The times I had dreams of making this a new and wonderful place.
UlcaTron
08/26/2015 07:23 PM (UTC)
~Crow~ Wrote:
The times I had dreams of making this a new and wonderful place.

Cool to see you again mate.

I miss when we had this guy on the staff.
Darkhound74
08/26/2015 07:33 PM (UTC)
Drive-by thread.
AlphaQ_Up
About Me

If it tastes like chicken, keep on lickin'. If it smells like trout, then get the f*** out!

08/27/2015 03:20 AM (UTC)
When people would have debates with Wtflegend, I used to think that guy was just trolling but turns out he just had shit for brains. I'll never forget when he thought people were hacking his account when we would quote and edit his posts.
Torchia
08/27/2015 05:26 AM (UTC)
I remember the voice chat days. I can't remember the name of the service, but that was fun.

Bloodline's "TOOOOOORRRRRCHIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAA" will stick with me forever.
SubMan799
08/27/2015 08:15 AM (UTC)
I really liked running this forum game back when MK9 was coming out. I think that might be it.

Can't believe I've been here for ten years
UlcaTron
08/27/2015 12:44 PM (UTC)
torchia Wrote:
I remember the voice chat days. I can't remember the name of the service, but that was fun.

Bloodline's "TOOOOOORRRRRCHIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAA" will stick with me forever.

Toxik
About Me
08/27/2015 08:53 PM (UTC)
Reading this quote....

"I'm like a cockroach nothing can stop me!!" - Coltess

I have used that quote outside of MKO.
Pages: 4
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.