Kittelsen on potential MKX Comics Season 2
posted02/22/2016 05:35 PM (UTC)by
KenshiMaster16
About Me

On Li Mei being included;
"Couldn't fit her in Season 1. Season 2, on the other hand..." as well as "She'd be a big possibility if we get Season 2."

On the potential of more Skarlet;
"We'll have to catch up with her in a potential Season 2!"

On whether or not Jade may make an appearance;
"If we get to do a Season 2, Jade is IN."

On whether or not anyone from Seido would make an appearance;

@kaimov12345 You mean like this guy? pic.twitter.com/H12UYZ5veG

— Shawn Kittelsen (@kittelsen) August 25, 2015

All courtesy of Twitter, of course.
Chrome
About Me

08/26/2015 05:17 AM (UTC)
So that they could get killed off?

Rather not.
KenshiMaster16
08/26/2015 05:36 AM (UTC)
Chrome Wrote:

Rather not.

@MKrye Chaosrealmers are highly unpredictable...

— Shawn Kittelsen (@kittelsen) August 24, 2015

Nobody ever stays dead in Mortal Kombat.
Chrome
About Me

08/26/2015 07:42 AM (UTC)
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
Chrome Wrote:

Rather not.

@MKrye Chaosrealmers are highly unpredictable...

— Shawn Kittelsen (@kittelsen) August 24, 2015

Nobody ever stays dead in Mortal Kombat.

Not the point.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

08/26/2015 02:47 PM (UTC)
Exactly how many print issues are in one season? 10?

Because DCComics.com already has issues #11 & #12 posted.

This is a nice thought nonetheless. Wonder what he'll do with Jade and if it'll be a possible hint at her role in MK11.
The_TooCool_Master
08/26/2015 02:56 PM (UTC)
There's 12 issues each with 3 chapters.
Onaga
08/26/2015 03:01 PM (UTC)
Another irrelevant inconsistent filler story where the post MK3 characters get shit on? No thank you.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

08/26/2015 03:01 PM (UTC)
The_TooCool_Master Wrote:
There's 12 issues each with 3 chapters.

Oh, thanks.

Why do I keep hearing and seeing people say that season one is coming to a close? I mean, #12 isn't set for release until October lol.

If the answer is common knowledge, I apologize. This is just the first comic I've honestly ever been into.
The #12 print issue is going to be release on October but the digital version is already in chapter 34, which is the first chapter of issue #12. Only 2 chapters to go and the comic is finished.
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

08/26/2015 03:50 PM (UTC)
Uh no. Keep Jade out and let NRS handle that.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

08/26/2015 03:55 PM (UTC)
oracle Wrote:
Uh no. Keep Jade out and let NRS handle that.

Cuz they'll do a MUCH better job. tongue

And thanks JIN. I've only bought print issues. I knew the digital ones were ahead, but had no idea they were THAT far ahead.
Immortal_Kanji
08/26/2015 06:17 PM (UTC)
Just how many 3D MK characters will stay alive and how many will die?

So far....

- Hsu Hao
- Mavado
- Reiko
&
- Kobra
Darkhound74
08/26/2015 06:37 PM (UTC)
Immortal_Kanji Wrote:
Just how many 3D MK characters will stay alive and how many will die?

So far....

- Hsu Hao
- Mavado
- Reiko
&
- Kobra

Add two more to that list.

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
Drahmin and Moloch
The_TooCool_Master
08/26/2015 07:00 PM (UTC)
For all intent and purposes, Havik can be considered dead, or at least...uh... greatly physically impaired beyond possibilities of passive physical interactions.
Nephrite
08/26/2015 07:40 PM (UTC)
Also in potential season 2:

@Br0me0 Ia39;m good, bro! Working our way toward a Kitana appearance, slowly but surely. Season 2 would/will feature her much more!

— Shawn Kittelsen (@kittelsen) May 21, 2015
smile
KenshiMaster16
08/26/2015 08:03 PM (UTC)
I'm just sorta stunned at how many people are honestly a little or a lot mad at these deaths. I mean, let's look at the facts folks;

- Despite Reiko and Havik dying, Kittelsen probably gave them about 80-90% more to do in this comic run than NRS would've ever given them had they appeared in a game. With that said, nobody ever stays dead in this franchise and according to his hints, Havik's ultimate fate may still be up in the air.
- Mavado actually got to prove his worth in this run and Hsu Hao won't exactly be missed. I honestly doubt NRS would've done anything of use with them in a game, probably a 10 second cameo or would've killed them off screen and dropped via a line of dialogue (especially Hsu Hao).
- I'm pretty sure it was Vogel or Chard who said it, but I remember someone tweeting that the jury was still out on Kobra as to a lot of the intro's being non-canon. If Kano is gonna hang around for MK11, who's to say we won't see more of him, Tremor and maybe even cameos for Tasia, Kira or Kobra.
- I'm pretty sure demons can't die but then again Boon hates them both apparently for whatever reason anyway so it was either we get them as a cameo and watch them die or never see them again alive ever. I'm personally good with the former.

NRS don't exactly have a great track record when it comes to characters they dislike. At least here we have someone who's coming into the franchise unbiased and giving them actual things to do before they live or die.
KenshiMaster16
08/26/2015 08:46 PM (UTC)
Chances are high for this guy as well, apparently. Got a reply from Kittelsen just a few ago;

@km16 Hell yeah. Who else could represent the White Lotus Society?

— Shawn Kittelsen (@kittelsen) August 26, 2015
Blade4693
08/26/2015 09:39 PM (UTC)
The coolest thing about this thread as that (while he has already proven this) it further shows he has done his homework on the series. Most people outside of us hardcore fans don't know what Seidois, who Hotaru is, don't know what Chaosrealm is, and probably don't know who Kai is either.
Uppercut Editions
About Me

Uppercut Editions - Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project Creator and Manager - Join Our Fight and Like the Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project on Facebook and Twitter -

08/26/2015 11:11 PM (UTC)
I'm hoping they decide to do a season 2, and announce it with kp2, and possibly our kombatpedia.
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
Chances are high for this guy as well, apparently. Got a reply from Kittelsen just a few ago;

@km16 Hell yeah. Who else could represent the White Lotus Society?

— Shawn Kittelsen (@kittelsen) August 26, 2015

Please don't use Armegeddon Kai.

Pleeeeeease don't use Armegeddon Kai.
lanoitarnu
About Me

What

08/27/2015 05:05 AM (UTC)
Blade4693 Wrote:
The coolest thing about this thread as that (while he has already proven this) it further shows he has done his homework on the series. Most people outside of us hardcore fans don't know what Seidois, who Hotaru is, don't know what Chaosrealm is, and probably don't know who Kai is either.

While im sure he is a big fan you don't really need to be a hardcore fan to know that. You just needed to play konquest in Deception or see the MK4 character select.
KenshiMaster16
08/27/2015 08:11 AM (UTC)
Ion3008 Wrote:
Please don't use Armegeddon Kai.

Pleeeeeease don't use Armegeddon Kai.

I was thinking that while reading the response. lol
daryui
About Me
08/30/2015 09:29 AM (UTC)
If Kittelsen really did his homework, then he would know that MKD Konquest said Death was the greatest Chaos because mind and body fall apart. But no, Death is Order.

Also, Armageddon Kai is trash. I hope he doesn't show up in that costume.

And I would rather my favorites not appear than continue being here just to get killed off.
friendshipagain
08/30/2015 01:48 PM (UTC)
Nobody's ever really "dead" in Mortal Kombat, even the game cannon.

While we'll probably never see Hsu Hao or Kobra again, so NRS doesn't give two hoots if they're dead or not, Kittelsen is already backtracking on Havik's death.

It's pretty clear there's a strong cult fanbase for him now and a future game appearance is becoming more likely.
The_TooCool_Master
08/30/2015 10:19 PM (UTC)
daryui Wrote:
If Kittelsen really did his homework, then he would know that MKD Konquest said Death was the greatest Chaos because mind and body fall apart. But no, Death is order.

I doubt anybody remembers that. That's beyond doing "your homework".

Anyway, it's possible for them to like the chaos within someone dying but disliking the order of the circle of life.
What do you guys dislike about Armageddon Kai so much? The armor or the braids and beard? His face looked very different from MK4 but the redesign didn't bother me much. I loved his look.
I think they did a good job with the guys that were exclusive to Armageddon during the 3D era. Fujin, Rain, Sektor and Jarek also looked good.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.