Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 8

Mick-LuciferPosted: 08/28/2015 12:22 AMStatus ::
MKX DLC: Developer Kombat Kast Next Week - News & Klues

"[It's] been a while since we've had a Kombat Kast." So it was written, so It shall be! NetherRealm Studios will gear up for a return to streams Monday, August 31st via Twitch!

We last heard from the developer for July's release of Tremor. The official reason for the next stream is to break down new Mortal Kombat X patch notes, but with speculation decisively targeted at new DLC, the always epoch-making Ed Boon has teased "news & klues" as well. With a K!

The Creative Director may have merely been talking around Alien rumors of late, but he's flat-out guaranteeing a reason to "rejoice" for Jacqui Briggs players come the next patch!

Will Kombat Pack sequel hopefuls be in luck? All signs point toward more DLC, but to date, no NetherRealm game has formally bundled DLC extensions into a second package. There's a first time for everything - and demand could just push them over the edge.Tune in to watch the stream live on Mortal Kombat Online to find out who or what is next!

Register to immortalize your reactions while you watch the stream live on the Mortal Kombat X forum! Support the community and spread the word by liking & sharing the news via @MK_Online & Facebook!

SaurienDeityPosted: 08/27/2015 04:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::1956
Upcoming Kombat Kast, Monday August 31st

If there's a Kombat Pack 2, I can't think of a better place and time to announce it.

steffuzPosted: 08/27/2015 05:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::7
Nationality::Norway
RE: Upcoming Kombat Kast, Monday August 31st

sounds good ya

WeaponTheoryPosted: 08/27/2015 05:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::531

Don't hype yourself for fail. You people kept doing that during the development every time a MKast is coming up.
"omg new character announce?!" - NOPE!
"omg Goro gameplay?!" - NOPE!

And what do you guys say every time the MKast ends?

"This MKast sucks! Why didn't they announce this or announce that?!"

When they told you the main focus of the MKast for days.

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot
SpacemanPosted: 08/27/2015 05:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::2136

Would be awesome if KP2 gets announced, but I'm also excited for the patch notes. Hopefully Shinnok's bone shaper nerfs dont fuck up Imposter too much. Lookin forward to Predator getting toned down as well. Hopefully Goro gets more buffs but at this time I don't even know how they could help him. If they made Reptile's force balls hit mid I would die a happy man. And since I just recently picked him up, I would LOVE if Kano's overhead in his Cuttthroat variation got an increase in range. Right now the range is so insanely small it whiffs after a poke and even whiffs after a connected jump in punch over half the time. Its crazy annoying, needs to be fixed. Pretty sure this has been a problem since day 1 so I dunno if they have any intention of fixing it tho.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 08/27/2015 05:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::10125
Nationality::United States

I'm guessing they're just gonna hint at a reveal considering Boon's phrasing. Sucks but not entirely surprising. If I'm wrong though, well, I'll just be happy I was wrong. lol

WeaponTheoryPosted: 08/27/2015 05:54 PMStatus ::

Unless they're going to admit how lazy they got with some of the character's variations and announce that they will patch a new set to replace them, then what's the point of this?

Pretty stupid to make an MKast just to finally announce that Sub-Zero is getting nerfed. Because that's what gonna happen, right? They're gonna finally nerf muh boy?
Oh well, as long as they don't touch me Sonya, Tanya and Kitana. I'm good!

My dream patch however...

Raiden Teleport = Universal.

NetherRealm, pls.

You don't know how it feels not being able to teleport at will.
It feels weird.

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot
KenshiMaster16Posted: 08/27/2015 06:16 PMStatus ::

WeaponTheory Wrote:
Unless they're going to admit how lazy they got with some of the character's variations and announce that they will patch a new set to replace them, then what's the point of this?

Pretty stupid to make an MKast just to finally announce that Sub-Zero is getting nerfed. Because that's what gonna happen, right? They're gonna finally nerf muh boy?

Oh well, as long as they don't touch me Sonya, Tanya and Kitana. I'm good!

My dream patch however...

Raiden Teleport = Universal.

NetherRealm, pls.

You don't know how it feels not being able to teleport at will.

It feels weird.

Very, very true. A good number of characters feel 'off' due to the variation system. Took a long time getting adjusted to it.

BADASS6669Posted: 08/27/2015 06:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::5695

It says patch notes

I hope they pacha in Hidden BRUTALITIES actually showing up in the move list once preformed.

I predict some new Arenas being added hopefully some old and new

What I want is for them to announce that we'll get Baraka, Rain and Sindel free if we order Kombat Park 2

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
redmanPosted: 08/27/2015 06:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::4716

BADASS6669 Wrote:
It says patch notes

I hope they pacha in Hidden BRUTALITIES actually showing up in the move list once preformed.

I predict some new Arenas being added hopefully some old and new

What I want is for them to announce that we'll get Baraka, Rain and Sindel free if we order Kombat Park 2

Dude, they'll never give those characters away for free. Seriously, it's not going to happen.

Also, they're teasing patch notes on twitter. Commando Kano is going to get a combo extender popup and Sun God Kotal will be getting a new move.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 08/27/2015 06:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::19710

Patch notes?

Welp, my hype just died.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
WeaponTheoryPosted: 08/27/2015 06:33 PMStatus ::

redman Wrote:
BADASS6669 Wrote:

Dude, they'll never give those characters away for free. Seriously, it's not going to happen.

What makes you think that?

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot
Ion3008Posted: 08/27/2015 06:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::8799

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
Patch notes?

Welp, my hype just died.

Apparently Ferra/Torr and a bunch of others like Kano, Jacqui, Brood Mother D'vorah and Ronin Takeda are getting some new/fixed stuff.

So I'm glad some of it might help these characters out.

DetoxPosted: 08/27/2015 06:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::4247

Well, "klassic" Tremor costume incoming, I guess.

Hopefully NRS continues to carefully balance the game. For the most part, a lot of these buffs/nerfs have turned out well. So far the only massive flub has been the rise of Boneshaper Shinnok, and I'm confident even he only needs some slight tweeks to make him more reasonable.

Wish list...

Goro buffed out of low tier hell.(he deserves better)

Predator damage output nerfed a slight bit. The character is strong enough, but the damage he can do is outright insane.

Hitbox problems fixed.

And hopefully Quan Chi doesn't get nerfed hard. Summoner is the reason he'll be nerfed, but I can't help but to think it will spill over into, and fuck up, Warlock(which is where I spend my time).

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
krajaxPosted: 08/27/2015 07:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::3050

Oh boy I don't want to miss the fireworks!

Blade4693Posted: 08/27/2015 07:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::3252

Do they really need a whole Kombat kast for patch stuff though? I don't see that happening, I think they will announce something at the end, even if its only the last gen release or possibly another round of DLC.

packetmanPosted: 08/27/2015 07:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::4038

Is it going to be on twitch

DetoxPosted: 08/27/2015 07:44 PMStatus ::

Visits::4247

packetman Wrote:
Is it going to be on twitch

Safe bet.

Also, according to 16bit, Ferra/Torr will be receiving a Ferra cancel buff. Should be interesting. He also mentions Brood Mother D'vorah fans will be happy. Teased a Ronin Takeda buff as well.

Tyler teased some Kano buffs(combo extending pop up and better air laser) and just said #punchwalk when asked about Goro(hopefully good news). Refused to speak about Johnny Cage(his main). Could be taken either way.

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
unleash_your_toungePosted: 08/27/2015 07:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::5818

I'm so ready.

I'd honestly rather see a buttload of buffs vs nerfs. Give characters like Goro, Reptile, Takeda, Jacqui, and Ferra/Torr a fighting chance against your OP characters like Shinnok, Quan, and Lao.

Oh yes, and make Fujin broken and OP.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
Warbro666Posted: 08/27/2015 08:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::234
Nationality::New Zealand

WeaponTheory Wrote:
redman Wrote:
BADASS6669 Wrote:

WB will never give away free characters. The amount of time, money and effort that goes into making the characters, paying the voice over artists and play testing the hell out of them before release, on top of the fact that with every additional character added to the roster there is more work put into balancing the roster in future patches.

You're dreaming if you think you're getting free characters.

redmanPosted: 08/27/2015 09:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::4716

Warbro666 Wrote:
WeaponTheory Wrote:
redman Wrote:
BADASS6669 Wrote:

WB will never give away free characters. The amount of time, money and effort that goes into making the characters, paying the voice over artists and play testing the hell out of them before release, on top of the fact that with every additional character added to the roster there is more work put into balancing the roster in future patches.

This.

oraclePosted: 08/27/2015 10:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::9365

I'm always here for patches and buffs/nerfs tbh.

Although I refuse to be hype because NRS stay letting me down lol.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
JadedReignPosted: 08/27/2015 10:41 PMStatus ::

Visits::1603

Eh.

Just eh, at this point.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 08/28/2015 01:00 AMStatus ::

redman Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:
WeaponTheory Wrote:
redman Wrote:
BADASS6669 Wrote:

This.

Yep. The only feasible way I could see NRS ever, and I mean ever, giving away a character is if a lot of work went into someone who got cut at last minute and didn't make the game or its initial run of DLC. Then, only then, would they maybe consider to not waste the work and to thank fans for purchasing DLC.

Even that, though, is a shot in the dark.

frabnPosted: 08/28/2015 11:59 AMStatus ::

Visits::539

The changes must be somewhat significant for them to be holding a Kast about it. I am not thinking they will touch on future DLC - I know they are. They aren't going to have a kast JUST to discuss patch notes no matter how significant they are. There's more in store.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
Page of 8

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.