Out of these rumored guests, which one do you want?
posted09/13/2015 05:38 AM (UTC)by
DG1OA
The Alien

Spawn

Ash (Evil Dead)

For me, it's easily the Alien. Another character who's long overdue to become playable in a fighting game, and it'd be even better if that fighting game was a MK one alongside the Predator, Jason, and MK's own freaks like Goro and D'Vorah. The Alien's design is just so memorable and iconic, and it's got potential for gruesome fatalities and brutalities.

Spawn's great, but he already had his shot in a fighting game (admittedly one that didn't do him much justice, but still). Ash could be fun, and while he's never been playable in a official fighting game before either, he wouldn't stick out as much as the Alien, and personality-wise, we've already got wisecrackers in Johnny and Cassie.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

08/31/2015 01:56 PM (UTC)
I love Ash and the Alien, but Spawn I think "fits in" the most...though saying a guest character fitting in is always a stretch. Predator was a great addition, but Kratos, Jason and Freddy? Eh....no. I'd feel the same about Ash...just wouldn't fit.

Alien? No. It would bother me very much every time a kombatant fights the alien, gets its blood all over them during the fight or during a fatality, and they're not getting horribly maimed by it. It wouldn't work from a lore standpoint, for either MK or Alien. I suppose they could explain it away as Quan Chi having brought it in from another realm, neutralizing it's innate abilities to produce acidic blood but...why the hell would he want to do that. An earthrealmer melting into goo everytime they punch the alien? Guaranteed victory.

Alien wouldn't work. Ash...I suppose he could "Take on the Netherrealm". He does go on some interdimensional adventures quite a bit in the comics, but...no. I love Ash, I love Bruce Campbell (and he absolutely MUST voice the character), but no.

Spawn...as stated earlier, he "fits" the most. Even if Shinnok rules the Netherrealm and there's really way to cross the lore, they could "reconfigure" the mythos to suit MK. He could be pulled from "another realm" or something along those lines. Wasn't that the explanation for Kratos? His powers and abilities would also lend well to the game. They probably wouldn't have his iconic cape though, which would be disappointing.
Blade4693
08/31/2015 02:10 PM (UTC)
I would happily take any of those, but if I had to pick just one I think I might go with Ash this time around. Come on, his intros, mid round win/lose animations and quotes, and his win pose could have some awesomely groovy one liners filled with cheese and camp. If they got Bruce to come in and voice him it would be so amazing lol it could also make sense from a business stand point as Ash vs Evil Dead airs this October...
smokeman14
08/31/2015 02:17 PM (UTC)
Ash

MindStrikes
08/31/2015 02:17 PM (UTC)
I prefer no guests but if i had to chose 1 of them 3 it would be Spawn. He looks like he fits the game. unlike Alien and Ash.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

08/31/2015 02:30 PM (UTC)
MindStrikes Wrote:
I prefer no guests but if i had to chose 1 of them 3 it would be Spawn. He looks like he fits the game. unlike Alien and Ash.

I just went to "like" your post, but will simply call it out - my sentiments exactly. No guest at all, but out of all of them, Spawn.
KoldKombat
08/31/2015 04:31 PM (UTC)
Alien....would create the most hype and attention for them too. Plus then everyone could do their whole Alien vs Pred thing.

Ash I do not like personally because I do not like the idea of non-MK characters appearing in the game with a likeness to a real actor. Ash resembles exactly to the actor playing him.

Spawn fits and could be cool. However, I do not see this happening right now because I feel he would be the least likely to create attention and sales among the 3.
Darkhound74
08/31/2015 05:08 PM (UTC)
Preferably none...

But if I had to choose one I would go with Spawn.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

08/31/2015 05:22 PM (UTC)
Darkhound74 Wrote:
Preferably none...

But if I had to choose one I would go with Spawn.

Perty much. With Alien as a close second.
BADASS6669
About Me

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in.

I kill people for a living. Get over it.

08/31/2015 05:37 PM (UTC)
Spawn fits the game the best. I'd prefer we get Havik, Bo Rai Cho, Sareena & Revenant Shao Kahn with the Story Pack and Arena Pack for FREEgringringrin
KungLaodoesntsuck
08/31/2015 06:20 PM (UTC)
I think this game has had it's fair share of guests, but if I had to pick it would be Ash. The one-liners, the chainsaw, the boomstick, and the awesome voice. Ash is such a good pick because the variation system suits him perfectly. One for the gun, one for the chainsaw, and one for Evil Ash.

Spawn is better suited for Injustice, and fuck Alien.
lanoitarnu
About Me

What

08/31/2015 07:22 PM (UTC)
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
I think this game has had it's fair share of guests, but if I had to pick it would be Ash. The one-liners, the chainsaw, the boomstick, and the awesome voice. Ash is such a good pick because the variation system suits him perfectly. One for the gun, one for the chainsaw, and one for Evil Ash.

Spawn is better suited for Injustice, and fuck Alien.

Spawn is not at all better suited for Injustice.
b-rad007
About Me

"JOHNNYBOUGHTACAR"-Raiden, protector of Earthrealm

08/31/2015 08:12 PM (UTC)
NONE!! how do people consider the guy from evil dead to be a good mk kharacter? Really?
Coltess
08/31/2015 08:36 PM (UTC)
How can Ashley J. Williams be on a list any list and not be chosen?

Also, can I point out to all the naysayers saying he doesn't fit, Ash has crossed paths with Freddy, Jason, Darkman, and the Marvel Zombies.
Vampwolf
08/31/2015 11:10 PM (UTC)
None out of those three. I'd like Talion from Shadow of Mordor as guest.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

08/31/2015 11:25 PM (UTC)
I don't mind guests, but I believe they've run their course this game. If I HAD to choose, I'd say Ash from the Evil Dead(he also makes the most sense as there is a new Evil Dead show to cross promote with).

Save Spawn for Injustice 2.
Borshay
08/31/2015 11:59 PM (UTC)
Alien -
This is the onky game Id want it to appesr in for the AvP angle.

Ash is awesome, but I find it tacky when a guest character is meant to tie into a new show or movie.
Spawn i rather seen in Injustice 2. Keeping comics with comics. Plus its a more interesting fit imo.
Asesino
About Me
09/01/2015 03:16 AM (UTC)
Alien and Spawn 4 me! + all the characters showed in story mode, plus Noob, all the other ninjas including Chameleon + Shang and Shao + Motaro! ;)
IamTheS
09/01/2015 04:04 AM (UTC)
Alien would be great for a vs. Predator match-up and Ash would kick ass only if they got Bruce Campbell to voice him.

I'm not against Spawn but I can't figure out why he's constantly in "most wanted fighting game character" lists for every game considering nobody's given a fuck about him in 15 years outside of these lists.
KungLaodoesntsuck
09/01/2015 04:13 AM (UTC)
lanoitarnu Wrote:
Spawn is not at all better suited for Injustice.

A comic book character fighting other comic book characters in a crazy over the top fighting game. Sounds like a fit to me.
Killamore
09/01/2015 01:34 PM (UTC)
Ash for sure. He would have some great moves, hilarious interactions, and could easily fit in MK's world. Alien would be kind of weird with his body shape and abilities. Spawn would be cool, but like others have said he could fit Injustice just as easily as MK where as Ash belongs in over the top gore and cheesy one liners.

To explain why he is there all they would need to say is the necronomicon sent him to the Netherrealm and he has been slicing and shooting his way back home.
Spawn was foremost, but now that Ash has been mentioned... He would also fit as well as Spawn. And the moves list, and the funny name references...

I wasn`t sure of a Xenomorph, but the moon & stars pic Boon teased could also hint at space...

Ka-Tra
KenshiMaster16
09/01/2015 04:20 PM (UTC)
Detox Wrote:
I believe they've run their course this game. If I HAD to choose, I'd say Ash from the Evil Dead(he also makes the most sense as there is a new Evil Dead show to cross promote with).

Save Spawn for Injustice 2.

This 100%.
Edboonjr
09/02/2015 03:04 AM (UTC)
Your mother. Best guest any guy could ask for.
DG1OA
09/12/2015 02:23 PM (UTC)
Bumping this this thread in light of another rumored guest: Sweet Tooth. I've also read somewhere that Michael Myers is a possibility.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.