Justice League Action (2016 Cartoon Network series)
posted11/29/2016 03:15 AM (UTC)by
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
- Is Cartoon Network Prepping a New "JLA" Animated Series?

The photo, shared online by Reddit user UnknownJ25, appears to have been taken in one of Warner Bros.' Burbank offices. Along with already announced and/or airing series like "Mike Tyson Mysteries" and "Be Cool Scooby-Doo!" is a poster for what appears to be an as-yet unannounced "JLA" show.

Pictured on the poster, in silhouette, are a number of DC heroes, including Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Firestorm, Hawkgirl and Shazam, among others.

After a string of recent disappointments (The Batman, Green Lantern, Teen Titans Go) I've been wondering when we'd hear about a new attempt at a legit series. Not a lot of faith in the direction of the past few years, but here's hoping!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
10/06/2015 09:16 PM (UTC)
- Cartoon Network Confirms New JUSTICE LEAGUE Series

Thankfully animated denizens of the world can rest easy in the knowledge that Cartoon Network will be debuting a new Justice League cartoon next year. Rumored to be titled Justice League Action, the network confirmed to The World’s Finest that the new series will indeed happen, though it is unlikely to debut before “next fall.”

Those designs do not fill me with hope, but Brave and the Bold made a shakey first impression and that might be the best of all DC's toons. Fingers crossed JLA can overcome and out perform it's 'late 90s action figures nobody wants' look.
JohnBoyAdvance
10/11/2015 10:57 PM (UTC)
Ew. They look like they have been rendered in heromaker.

Now, I'm not really someone who thinks that EVERY demographic need to be represented in a team of characters. BUT that team is white. and Male. Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter being the only people to deviate from that. Even then...

Just kinda makes me appreciate the old Justice League cartoon more really.

And it feels so bizarre with them pushing Cyborg into the main team for nu52.

I mean its ONE piece of promo art with barely anything else. And I might be overreacting but... meh.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

01/30/2016 05:05 AM (UTC)
- Breaking News: Announcing Justice League Action

There’s a new DC Animated Series on the way... and this one’s all about the action. Justice League Action is a brand new, quarter-hour series from Warner Bros. Animation that will be coming soon to Cartoon Network.

Featuring the return of Kevin Conroy as Batman, the Dark Knight will join with Superman and Wonder Woman and the rest of DC’s iconic team of heroes in a series that promises to put the action back in heroics. Whether defending the Earth, facing invaders from space, or battling the bizarre forces of magic, the always-rotating team of Justice League heroes, are up to any challenge. Episodes will be eleven minutes in length, meaning that the action will be tightly-paced and exciting. And awesome!

Along with Conroy, Cartoon Network have announced that several other beloved DC Animated voice actors will be contributing to the series, including Mark Hamill as the Joker (!!!), James Woods as Lex Luthor, Diedrich Bader as Booster Gold and much more. Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!) will serve as executive producer with Butch Lukic (Justice League, Batman Beyond), Alan Burnett (Batman: The Animated Series) and Jim Krieg (Green Lantern: The Animated Series) serving as producers.

Justice League Action will join the popular Teen Titans Go! as the second ongoing DC Animated Series on Cartoon Network. No word yet on when it will be debuting, so be sure to follow DC Comics on Twitter for the premiere date as well as further news on Justice League Action as soon as its announced.

Huh... If this is the same cartoon, it certainly seems to have taken a turn in a different direction. Maybe the art posted previously was for something else. I dunno!
KenshiMaster16
02/06/2016 11:36 PM (UTC)
The voice talent is top notch.....the art not so much.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/22/2016 05:48 AM (UTC)
- SDCC: "Justice League Action" Revives Animated Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman

The Justice League returns to Cartoon Network this Fall in a new quarter-hour animated series, but fans at Comic-Con International in San Diego got an early look at the upcoming show from Warner Bros. Animation. Producers Alan Burnett, Butch Lukic, and Jim Krieg, voice actors Kevin Conroy and Diedrich Bader, and character designer Shane Glines were on hand to answer fan questions and reveal the pilot episode of "Justice League Action." IGN's Eric Goldman moderated the panel.

Big recap of the SDCC panel. Lots of info. Still not sure about this one.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/22/2016 05:58 AM (UTC)
- JUSTICE LEAGUE ACTION Comic-Con® 2016 Highlight Reel #WBSDCC [YouTube]

JUSTICE LEAGUE ACTION producers gave Comic-Con 2016 attendees a first look at the highly anticipated Warner Bros. Animation series coming soon to Cartoon Network. During the show’s Thursday, July 21, panel, which also included voice cast members Kevin Conroy and Diedrich Bader, attendees were treated to this special highlight reel previewing all the upcoming action fans can expect every week. #WBSDCC (© 2016 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

Show reel makes a better impression than art and descriptions, but it's still hard to peg their target. Digging the cast of characters, the action and excitement. Firestorm looks like fun.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/04/2016 05:47 AM (UTC)
- Cartoon Network's "Justice League Action" Will Feature Over 150 Characters

Burnett said that at least one of the "DC Comics Trinity" -- Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman -- will feature in each episode, but the overall cast is considerably larger. Lukic said there are 152 characters appearing in Season 1, of which about 60 are superheroes, 40 are villains, and the rest supporting characters -- "sub-villains and all that."

John Constantine "is in quite a few early episodes, and Demon," Lukic said. "Space Cabbie -- DC wanted him involved in the series, and he turned out to be a good choice. We definitely can go a lot of places with Space Cabbie."

Lukic promises an Apokalips/Darkseid story that has not appeared in comics, while Krieg said other plots would be "stolen" from other media. "Some were loosely based [on comics]. There's an episode that was Alan's favorite comic book from when he was a kid, and we found a way to adapt it into a multi-part episode."

All the characters of the rainbow! Weeeeeeee!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

11/25/2016 05:51 AM (UTC)
- Justice League Action Cartoon Network UK Full Promo

Justice League Action is an upcoming American animated television series based on the DC Comics' superhero team of the same name. The series will feature the adventures of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and rotating members of the Justice League. It will debut on Cartoon Network in November 26, 2016 at 7:30 AM.

Remember - details are UK. Check local listings.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

11/29/2016 03:15 AM (UTC)
- Justice League Action Intro [HD] Sean Astin, Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill [YouTube]

What can you say? It's fun seeing all the characters... as they zip by.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.