Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Ready Player One?
I smell her perfume! (65.7%)
I smell something... (34.2%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • August 17th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 2 Reveal Next Week [Read On]
  • August 12th, 2017
    MK Warehouse Celebrates 15 Years [Read On]
  • August 11th, 2017
    Mod Koms: Fan Edit Breaks Injustice 2 Bones With X-Rays [Read On]
  • August 7th, 2017
    Is Kitana in the Ready Player One Teaser Trailer? [Read On]
  • August 7th, 2017
    IGN Crown MK Greatest Fighting Game Character [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

3D Kombat Klassics

Discussing the 3D MK Klassics: Everything from MK4 to Armageddon.
Page of 3

Mick-LuciferPosted: 12/21/2015 02:53 AMStatus ::
Vote for Mortal Kombat Klassics for PlayStation 4 Emulation

Last month, Sony made waves with the announcement of widespread PlayStation 2 emulation coming to the PlayStation 4!

Despite the immense global popularity of the second generation Sony console, players have been unable to bring their games forward to new generations since modifications to the original PS3.

Wired reported several Star Wars games were already available on the PlayStation Store at the time of the news, but a massive library of memorable games remains largely untapped. To aid in the selection process, Sony are monitoring the #ps2ps4 hashtag on Twitter!

PlayStation Software Developer Dave Thach made Sony's observation of the hashtag known earlier this month. For Mortal Kombat fans, this is a prime opportunity to revive a generation of modern klassics: Deadly Alliance, Deception, Armageddon and Shaolin Monks! To do so, join the many already retweeting Mortal Kombat Online [RT below], and tag us in when you tweet your own list!

2016 marks the 10th anniversary of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon: A controversial game amongst fans, which included nearly every playable character at the time, and ultimately served as the final installment of the series' long running fictional universe.

The PS2 generation proved formative for Mortal Kombat as a series, rebooted with 2002's Deadly Alliance. The revival marked the first time series co-creator John Tobias was absent from development. Despite major creative upheaval, Deadly Alliance succeeded in ushering in a new era for the series with the injection of fresh designs, a new approach to gameplay, and dramatic new storylines.

Shaolin Monks took Mortal Kombat off the beaten path in 2005, adapting the classic fighting styles of Mortal Kombat II into a three-dimensional action-adventure game! Starring Liu Kang and Kung Lao, the game was the first retelling of the original trilogy and featured all the classic characters, and contained its own new secrets. Developing a strong cult following over the years, it's the spin-off many fans want to see revisited!

Mad Hatter: Kung Lao does three-dimensional damage in Shaolin Monks!

Joined the movement? Register to make your voice heard on the 3D Kombat Klassics forum! Remember to tag us in when you tweet via @MK_Online and spread the word via Facebook! Finish them!

mkreptile8860Posted: 12/05/2015 03:34 AMStatus ::

Visits::1494
Nationality::United States
Fellow MK fans lets try to get all the PS2 MK games on PS4s PS2 classics list!

I am sure we can get enough people to tweet at Ed boon and co Lets do this so we can relieve our classics with native 1080p and trophy support! or let sony know here =) http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/04/fan-favorite-ps2-games-launching-on-ps4-tomorrow/

Dragon Points:
Sindel798Posted: 12/16/2015 12:30 AMStatus ::

Visits::1539
PS2 MK on PS4??

Tweet the hashtag #ps2ps4 and suggest them!! Sony is taking suggestions!!

Dragon Points:
SlickRick82Posted: 12/16/2015 09:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::2448
Nationality::England
RE: PS2 MK on PS4??

Ooh would love Deception or Shaolin Monks to make it.

Bladdy lovely Sig by Minion. PSN -rlg24 LIVE -WestcountryBlud
Blade4693Posted: 12/16/2015 10:28 AMStatus ::

Visits::3252

I am surprised WB just isn't doing the HD Remaster route. I mean its easy money lol they could resell the MKAK on next gen, maybe make a disc version that also includes MK4, then they could box MKDA,MKD, and MKA on one disc and sell it as a collection, and then they could box Special Forces, Mythologies, and Shaolin Monks on a disc for an adventure collection or some shit lol

I would buy the hell out of everyone of those tbh. I would love to have every MK game prior to MKVSDC available to play on my PS4

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 12/16/2015 11:24 AMStatus ::

Visits::19710

I'd only want Shaolin Monks. DA and Deception play like shit and not even nostalgia or trophies could make me want to play those again.

It'll never happen, but I wish they'd release the Midway Arcade Collection that had MK2, MK3, and Primal Rage. I'd buy that.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
The_TooCool_MasterPosted: 12/16/2015 11:47 AMStatus ::

Visits::2359
Nationality::Canada

Shaolin Monks and Armageddon.

If we forget the lack of fatalities, Armageddon's gameplay was fine. The massive roster and crazy amount of stages in Widescreen HD? Gimme gimme.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 12/16/2015 11:49 AMStatus ::

Visits::10088

Blah. Microsoft needs to get on the ball with this shit. I've been fuming over PS4 getting the GTA's when I'm stuck with only San Andreas thanks to being an X-Box player.

Tetra_VegaPosted: 12/16/2015 11:57 AMStatus ::

Visits::2419

The art direction of that era was beautiful. Konquest was the best part for me.

Ka-Tra

13 YEARS! ^[2004-10 Komics Sig by Siklooted, tyvm]^ [2012-15 Komics *NEW 11/24/2015*] "Circling Vulture, Laughing Hyena" "All good things, in moderation..." "Mean what you say, and say what you mean. You never know, I could be a Djinn..." True story, it happened to a friend of a friend of mine... EVERYBODY!
KenshiMaster16Posted: 12/16/2015 12:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::10088

Tetra_Vega Wrote:
The art direction of that era was beautiful. Konquest was the best part for me.

Ka-Tra

100% agreed.

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 12/16/2015 12:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::6171

HD update of Armageddon please.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
KoldKombatPosted: 12/16/2015 02:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::731

I'd love to see Trilogy and Armageddon get released on PS4! Not sure if Trilogy was ever on PS2 though.....

JAX007Posted: 12/16/2015 02:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::8581

Best keep those buried, imo. I'd be down with Shaolin Monks however.

AlphaQ_UpPosted: 12/19/2015 05:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::2520

Those games were GOD AWFUL. The characters moved like action figures, almost all the new characters from those games were bland and unforgettable, same with the music. The gameplay was ridiculously bad. MK9 really resurrected the franchise.

If it tastes like chicken, keep on lickin'. If it smells like trout, then get the f*** out!
Blade4693Posted: 12/19/2015 06:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::3252

MK Trilogy would be amazinggggg!!!! I actually played MKT before MK3 and UMK3 when I was a kid so it was my first experience with MK3 and its updates. I loved it.

lanadelreyPosted: 12/19/2015 11:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::909

MKA is my first MK game so I'd be ecstatic to have that available again, preferably the special edition with umk3 in it

shrairyuwarriorPosted: 12/19/2015 11:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::1042

I would love to have Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon in HD on PS4. It would give me a chance to replay them without hooking up a ps2. Also in HD with trophies would be neat. And maybe online people would play a little more if it's on a modern CD.

PSN:athlos23
CODE_umb87Posted: 12/20/2015 01:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::782

So many 3D-era haters up in here. I actually enjoyed the stories for those games way more than what MK9 and X had to offer. Plus Deception has the best costume design in the whole series. I'd be down for HD remasters of them.

Deathmask71Posted: 12/20/2015 02:18 AMStatus ::

Visits::3123

I'd be so down for an up scaled Deception and relive Konquest. My mind ran wild trying to discover every secret in it back in the day. Make it happen NRS!!!

Thanks for the sig MINION!
nightbreed_16Posted: 12/20/2015 07:49 AMStatus ::

Visits::259

Deception would be nice but I doubt it would happen since they are trying to forget about that era.

I will rock you.
JINNOCIDEPosted: 12/20/2015 08:03 AMStatus ::

Visits::1177
Nationality::Brazil

Shaolin Monks would be so fucking epic remastered... also, I feel like they shouldn't go with the next sequel like MK11. To me, its the right moment to release a spin off like Shaolin Monks 2. A MK with a gameplay like SM and with next gen graphics/tech? damnnnnnnnnn that would please both hardcore + casuals and they could create the heck shit story that they wanted because it wouldn't impact the main story since it'd be a non canon game.

redmanPosted: 12/20/2015 08:22 AMStatus ::

Visits::4706

The_TooCool_Master Wrote:
Shaolin Monks and Armageddon.

If we forget the lack of fatalities, Armageddon's gameplay was fine. The massive roster and crazy amount of stages in Widescreen HD? Gimme gimme.

I disagree tbh. All of the 3D era games were broke gameplay wise, and Armageddon was no exception. I also hated air kombat, every character felt so similar to one another.

I would like Shaolin Monks and maybe MKDA and Deception, I really don't care for Armageddon though. It already looks pretty good when you play it on the 360 as well

MindStrikesPosted: 12/20/2015 08:37 AMStatus ::

Visits::303
Nationality::Italy

I think we can forget the HD remakes. It conflicts with the new direction they are taking MK. I hope im wrong and they still make MK shaolin monks HD, Mortal kombat 4 Arcade version and Sub zero mythologie HD (very underrated) As i really love to buy them again.
Especially MK shaolin monks. Still waiting for a new adventure in the MK universe.

And if they decide to do another adventure, please don't make it about Cassie and jacqui...

MurcielagoPosted: 12/20/2015 08:39 AMStatus ::

Visits::2471

I defintely wouldn't mind playing Deception, Shaolin Monks and Armageddon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
PSN: Inxomniac
JINNOCIDEPosted: 12/20/2015 09:09 AMStatus ::

Visits::1177
Nationality::Brazil

MindStrikes Wrote:
I think we can forget the HD remakes. It conflicts with the new direction they are taking MK. I hope im wrong and they still make MK shaolin monks HD, Mortal kombat 4 Arcade version and Sub zero mythologie HD (very underrated) As i really love to buy them again.

Especially MK shaolin monks. Still waiting for a new adventure in the MK universe.

And if they decide to do another adventure, please don't make it about Cassie and jacqui...

With the sales of MKX they could make a spin off about Shinnok's butt and it would still sell a lot because of the "what's next?" factor. That's why a spin off (Shaolin Monks 2 pls) now, to me, would be nicier than a follow up of MKX story. It wouldn't screw more the story as it is now and they could add the elements that wouldn't be logical in the new timeline cuz it'd be a non canon game~

Page of 3

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.