Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • October 16th, 2018
    Tomorrow’s MKO Twitch Stream to feature speedrunning champ, Outworld! [Read On]
  • October 4th, 2018
    Super Combat Fighter, 2D Digitized Fighting Game, coming soon! [Read On]
  • September 25th, 2018
    Upcoming Mortal Kombat Online Twitch Stream to feature Cary Tagawa [Read On]
  • September 16th, 2018
    MKO Live Stream to Feature Author of NBA Jam: The Book [Read On]
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (56.9%)
Out of kredits. (43.0%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 01/05/2016 04:08 PMStatus ::
Star Wars Actor Confirms MKX Webseries Role

If you weren't distracted by holiday cheer in December, you may have noticed actor Ray Park confirming a role in this year's Mortal Kombat webseries!

The Scottish born martial arts actor has played starring parts in X-Men, G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra and The King of Fighters, but is best remembered for his portrayal of dual lightsaber wielding Sith Lord Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

According to tweets to fans, he donned the hat and twin pistols of sensational Mortal Kombat X newcomer Erron Black for this year's live-action webseries!

The news appears to confirm long held, unverified rumors started through user moderated sites like IMDB. When asked how his "cowboy accent" is, the actor responded: "Hopefully ok!" His voice was notably redubbed for Darth Maul by British comedian and voice talent Peter Serafinowicz.

It's worth noting Ray Park's account is not verified on Twitter, but has been linked with the official Star Wars account in recent past. The Mortal Kombat live-action webseries doesn't have an official release date, but is expected sometime soon.

[Related Article: LA Casting Call Reveals Mortal Kombat X Webseries Spoilers]

What do you think about the casting choice? Register to share your thoughts on the Media & Merchandise forum. Catch up on all the webseries news in our third series compendium! Like & share this story via @MK_Online and Facebook.

xysionPosted: 01/05/2016 04:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::260
Nationality::Italy
RE: Star Wars Actor Confirms MKX Webseries Role

WB were serious when they said they wanted to expand Mortal Kombat in media. I have no interest in this because I do not watch television or movies anymore, but I hope it succeeds. If this goes well, I can see them making a movie.

For the comparative peanuts they bought Mortal Kombat for, they must be laughing. Good luck.

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.
DarkKard4Posted: 01/05/2016 06:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::3402
Nationality::United States

won't be watching at all. none of the recent live action series has impressed me. I'm sure it will be somewhat successful.

wonder how big Bo Rai Cho's role was for them to include him to promote this.

shrairyuwarriorPosted: 01/05/2016 09:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::1068

Um the article is bout Erron Black not Bo Tai Cho.

Also to other poster there is a,movie coming out, unconnected to the Web series.

PSN:athlos23
KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/06/2016 01:50 AMStatus ::

Visits::10296

I'm certainly intrigued by this and I'm gonna support it no matter how bad it is. Have to show WB that there is still interest in live action MK because I have faith Wan could help deliver a really cool take on the franchise.

]{0MBATPosted: 01/06/2016 10:31 AMStatus ::

Visits::13967

I find it odd to describe Ray Park as a Star Wars actor, when - for him - this a return to the world of Mortal Kombat cinema. After all, Ray Park was Raiden's student double in Mortal Kombat: Annihilation!

KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/06/2016 11:01 AMStatus ::

Visits::10296

]{0MBAT Wrote:
I find it odd to describe Ray Park as a Star Wars actor, when - for him - this a return to the world of Mortal Kombat cinema. After all, Ray Park was Raiden's student double in Mortal Kombat: Annihilation!

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. Also slipped my mind that he was Toad in X-Men.

The_TooCool_MasterPosted: 01/06/2016 01:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::2368
Nationality::Canada

Because Star Wars is the big thing right now so it serves as a click bait.

"Annihilation stuntman returns to MKX Webseries Role" doesn't have the same appeal.

BADASS6669Posted: 01/06/2016 11:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::5695

Could care less about a web series the last ones were terrible I'll wait for a movie!

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
Ninja_MimePosted: 01/07/2016 01:57 AMStatus ::

Visits::21015
Nationality::Sweden

]{0MBAT Wrote:

Yeah, but Darth Maul, man.

mkreptile8860Posted: 01/08/2016 08:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::1494

Still waiting for the movie lol.. WB wtf is taking you so long

Joe-Von-ZombiePosted: 01/09/2016 04:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::3910

Yeah... another movie isn't going to happen.

Photobucket Sig by MINION
Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.