Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 4

barakallPosted: 01/14/2016 04:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::1708
RE: Boon hinting at more things to come on twitter

Hah too little, too late.

xysionPosted: 01/14/2016 04:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::260
Nationality::Italy

Is GGPO rollback netcode a rumour or just people making guesses?

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
Improved netcode would be great for the fifteen people that are even still playing this game.

The game got a surge of buyers over the Christmas period and when they release the inevitable Komplete Edition, it will surge again.

If they adopt better notcode it can at least bode well for future installments. MK9 had poor netcode too.

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.
DetoxPosted: 01/14/2016 04:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::4247
Nationality::United States

Wow, not a huge online guy, but damn, this is HUGE if it turns out to be true.

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
MurcielagoPosted: 01/14/2016 04:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::2471

I was hoping KP2 would hold the people I most wanted so it woud give me a reason to buy the komplete edition but nope. They adore guests waaaay too much.

I played a crap ton of online on mk9 and it wasnt that bad. Didnt play much of mkx online so I can't really relate the two.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
PSN: Inxomniac
KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/14/2016 04:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::10125

Murcielago Wrote:
I was hoping KP2 would hold the people I most wanted so it woud give me a reason to buy the komplete edition but nope. They adore guests waaaay too much.

I played a crap ton of online on mk9 and it wasnt that bad. Didnt play much of mkx online so I can't really relate the two.

It's pretty bad compared to other games.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 01/14/2016 04:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::19710

xysion Wrote:

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
Improved netcode would be great for the fifteen people that are even still playing this game.

The game got a surge of buyers over the Christmas period and when they release the inevitable Komplete Edition, it will surge again.

If they adopt better notcode it can at least bode well for future installments. MK9 had poor netcode too.

It's based off a Boon tweet where he had these words in all caps "GOOD GAME PEACE OUT".

If it really is GGPO, definitely a step in the right direction. But as others have said, it's a little late to try and rework the online when over a good majority of players have stopped playing. If it's true I can give them credit for actually listening to the fans for once.

But I'll probably spend more time with SFV and KI S3.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 01/14/2016 04:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::6174

xysion Wrote:

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

The game got a surge of buyers over the Christmas period

So did just about every majorly released 2015 game. Most major games get an additional boost in sales around the holidays- that still doesn't change the fact that MKX's lights have gone dim without it even being a full year yet. MK9 was still dominating the publics attention this time four years ago.

xysion Wrote:

when they release the inevitable Komplete Edition..

Which gives even more reason NOT to waste $30+ on KP2. Save that cash and order in Chinese take-out instead.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
redmanPosted: 01/14/2016 04:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::4716

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
xysion Wrote:

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

It's based off a Boon tweet where he had these words in all caps "GOOD GAME PEACE OUT".

If it really is GGPO, definitely a step in the right direction. But as others have said, it's a little late to try and rework the online when over a good majority of players have stopped playing. If it's true I can give them credit for actually listening to the fans for once.

Most people stopped playing BECAUSE of the shit netcode. If this turns out to be true, I can definitely see the online playerbase increase over time. I sure as hell will be playing way more often if it is improved, i'm really excited for this.

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 01/14/2016 05:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::6174

redman Wrote:
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
xysion Wrote:

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

Most people stopped playing BECAUSE of the shit netcode. If this turns out to be true, I can definitely see the online playerbase increase over time. I sure as hell will be playing way more often if it is improved, i'm really excited for this.

The online player base may very well increase, but it will not be enough to compete with the likes of Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, King Of Fighters XIV, Killer Instinct( Which came out over two years ago but is still going strong) and any other giant games being released this year. It's like taking a steak knife to a machete fight.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 01/14/2016 05:02 PMStatus ::

redman Wrote:
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
xysion Wrote:

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

Yes I am one of those people who left because of the god awful online. After 5 months I had to stop. It just got to be too much.

I think a few people will come back. But with the other fighting games coming out so soon they'll just flock to those. I think the playerbase will remain small but at least when you fight the same 5 people the netcode will be better.

If the whole GGPO thing is true. I don't take NRS' word for it anymore.

xysionPosted: 01/14/2016 05:28 PMStatus ::

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
xysion Wrote:

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

The game got a surge of buyers over the Christmas period

So did just about every majorly released 2015 game. Most major games get an additional boost in sales around the holidays- that still doesn't change the fact that MKX's lights have gone dim without it even being a full year yet. MK9 was still dominating the publics attention this time four years ago.

xysion Wrote:

when they release the inevitable Komplete Edition..

Which gives even more reason NOT to waste $30+ on KP2. Save that cash and order in Chinese take-out instead.

I do not think so. MK9 had worse netcode than MKX and secondly MKX has sold substantially more than MK9 over the same period. MK9 sold 6 million units over three years. MKX has sold 5 million in 6 months and that is even with selling to a smaller install base.

The only reason I can think MK9 would have been on peoples mind is that the Komplete Edition came out at the end of Febuary. I can not remember if they announced the Komplete Edition in January or not. They would only release the Komplete Edition when sales would have slowed enough regardless.

For me it would be cheaper just to buy KP2 then having to wait for the Komplete Edition and buying it.
EDIT: MKX was the ninth best selling game in the US in 2015, more than the The Witcher 3 and Batman: Arkham Knight. So yeah, this game sold really well.

nightbreed_16Posted: 01/14/2016 08:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::259

I heard when they do this for fighting games they usually get a free character and we all know it will be Rain if this happens.

I will rock you.
Warbro666Posted: 01/14/2016 08:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::234
Nationality::New Zealand

nightbreed_16 Wrote:
I heard when they do this for fighting games they usually get a free character and we all know it will be Rain if this happens.

Where did you hear this? What fighting games gave out free characters when they improved the netcode?

nightbreed_16Posted: 01/14/2016 08:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::259

Warbro666 Wrote:
nightbreed_16 Wrote:

Where did you hear this? What fighting games gave out free characters when they improved the netcode?

I heard someone say it on twitter on one of Boon's tweets. It could be spam but it caught my eye.

I will rock you.
blacksaibotPosted: 01/14/2016 09:26 PMStatus ::
Dragon Points:
shrairyuwarriorPosted: 01/14/2016 09:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::1063

Can someone share the net code idea. I ask Beaune I'm not a huge online player. It lags sure but I'm not up on all the terminology lol. What would GGPO improve.

PSN:athlos23
xysionPosted: 01/14/2016 09:38 PMStatus ::

shrairyuwarrior Wrote:
Can someone share the net code idea. I ask Beaune I'm not a huge online player. It lags sure but I'm not up on all the terminology lol. What would GGPO improve.

If they changed to GGPO rollback netcode then it would reduce the lag and you would get a much smoother experience.

JINNOCIDEPosted: 01/14/2016 09:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::1177
Nationality::Brazil
RE: MKX Online Netcode upgrade?

Well, that's...good...I guess?

xysionPosted: 01/14/2016 09:46 PMStatus ::

JINNOCIDE Wrote:

Of course it is good. GGPO is much better than the input delay system they are using now.

There is a topic for this though.

Tetra_VegaPosted: 01/14/2016 09:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::2421
Nationality::Canada

Huh, yeah, why improve the netcode if more stuff isn't on the way?
Kryptic Boon.

Hope it's something substantial, not like us assuming npcs would be playable because of their new costumes...

Ka-Tra

13 YEARS! ^[2004-10 Komics Sig by Siklooted, tyvm]^ [2012-15 Komics *NEW 11/24/2015*] "Circling Vulture, Laughing Hyena" "All good things, in moderation..." "Mean what you say, and say what you mean. You never know, I could be a Djinn..." True story, it happened to a friend of a friend of mine... EVERYBODY!
DetoxPosted: 01/14/2016 10:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::4247

Tetra_Vega Wrote:
Huh, yeah, why improve the netcode if more stuff isn't on the way?

Kryptic Boon.

Hope it's something substantial, not like us assuming npcs would be playable because of their new costumes...

Ka-Tra

Definitely feels like they intend to support MKX beyond KP2. Interesting times lie ahead.

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 01/14/2016 10:22 PMStatus ::

xysion Wrote:
JINNOCIDE Wrote:

Of course it is good. GGPO is much better than the input delay system they are using now.

It's good but it feels like it's too late to matter. This needed to happen like right after KP1 when the game was still fresh. Now they're doing it as a way to REfresh the game. Better late than never but my god the timing couldn't be worse.

Dantesd94Posted: 01/14/2016 10:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::752
Nationality::Ecuador

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
xysion Wrote:
JINNOCIDE Wrote:

It's good but it feels like it's too late to matter. This needed to happen like right after KP1 when the game was still fresh. Now they're doing it as a way to REfresh the game. Better late than never but my god the timing couldn't be worse.

Of Course the timming could be worse, for example after the KP2 debute. MKX just had a lot of succes, and besides the negativity seen in this forum, many people actually play the game.

This is an importan upgrade not only to this MK, but to the whole lore of Netherrealm Games, from now, things can only get better.

If Netherreal does this, even when the most populated lifespawn of the game is in the past, this means they actually care for the game, for the core fans that still support it even at this point.

Late? In long terms, that actually dont care, is a step foward.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 01/14/2016 10:55 PMStatus ::

Dantesd94 Wrote:
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
xysion Wrote:
JINNOCIDE Wrote:

Of Course the timming could be worse, for example after the KP2 debute. MKX just had a lot of succes, and besides the negativity seen in this forum, many people actually play the game.

This is an importan upgrade not only to this MK, but to the whole lore of Netherrealm Games, from now, things can only get better.

If Netherreal does this, even when the most populated lifespawn of the game is in the past, this means they actually care for the game, for the core fans that still support it even at this point.

Late? In long terms, that actually dont care, is a step foward.

The timing is bad because SFV is right around the corner and in a few months KI is going to have a resurgence.

I agree that this is good for future games though. At least now they'll take the netcode seriously from here on out. (Assuming it turns out to be true)

And have you been to other MK forums or forums that talk about MK? None of them are positive places with happy discussions. Negativity is not exclusive to MKO and I wish people would stop acting like it is.

OnagaPosted: 01/14/2016 11:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::8735
Nationality::Canada

Half-Life 3 CONFIRMED!

Page of 4

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.