Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 4

unleash_your_toungePosted: 01/14/2016 11:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::5818
Nationality::United States
RE: MKX Online Netcode upgrade?

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
And have you been to other MK forums or forums that talk about MK? None of them are positive places with happy discussions. Negativity is not exclusive to MKO and I wish people would stop acting like it is.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
JAX007Posted: 01/14/2016 11:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

If this happens, hopefully they plan to support this game further. WB is big enough that could overlap game development with a second smaller team...KP3, Ed pls.

xysionPosted: 01/15/2016 12:01 AMStatus ::

Visits::260
Nationality::Italy

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
It's good but it feels like it's too late to matter. This needed to happen like right after KP1 when the game was still fresh. Now they're doing it as a way to REfresh the game. Better late than never but my god the timing couldn't be worse.

The earlier the better but to change the netcode straight after KP1 is impossible unless they had a completely second team working on it in conjuction with KP1. Changing netcode means they would have to rewrite huge portions of the source code, middleware and change the way the game operates online. It would also change the way the console or PC memory usage works. This is all very tricky.

They should have actually done it on launch. Still do not know why they did not but if they are changing the netcode then good.

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.
KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 01/15/2016 12:15 AMStatus ::

Visits::19710

xysion Wrote:
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
It's good but it feels like it's too late to matter. This needed to happen like right after KP1 when the game was still fresh. Now they're doing it as a way to REfresh the game. Better late than never but my god the timing couldn't be worse.

The earlier the better but to change the netcode straight after KP1 is impossible unless they had a completely second team working on it in conjuction with KP1. Changing netcode means they would have to rewrite huge portions of the source code, middleware and change the way the game operates online. It would also change the way the console or PC memory usage works. This is all very tricky.

They should have actually done it on launch. Still do not know why they did not but if they are changing the netcode then good.

Well couldn't they have just contracted GGPO? I mean keep a small team to help GGPO understand the code and what not but if anybody knows how to make a solid netcode it's GGPO.

Agreed about the last part. Shoulda happened from the start but I'm glad it's happening. (If it's true)

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
FROST4584Posted: 01/15/2016 12:54 AMStatus ::

Visits::2947
RE: Boon hinting at more things to come on twitter

barakall Wrote:
Hah too little, too late.

I agree. I'd rather wait three plus years for MK11, for more characters, rather than, having new and returning characters in kombat pack 3. Everything (gameplay and graphics) will be better, in MK11. Sareena is going to look amazing.

mkreptile8860Posted: 01/15/2016 01:16 AMStatus ::

Visits::1494

Sweet i hope so.. I'll likely get the game again for sure this is great news

Demon_0Posted: 01/15/2016 03:38 AMStatus ::

Visits::4663
Nationality::Afghanistan

If it turns out to be GGPO or some other form of netcode improvement, I'd say chances are high this game gets much more DLC in the future

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13
KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/15/2016 03:54 AMStatus ::

Visits::10125

Demon_0 Wrote:
If it turns out to be GGPO or some other form of netcode improvement, I'd say chances are high this game gets much more DLC in the future

I'm thinking the same. Maybe a couple characters, maybe a third full Kombat Pack but I think if they take that step with improving the netcode then there's gotta be something else in the pipeline. I don't think they'd take that step on an already released almost year-old game if they planned to call it a day content wise.

barakallPosted: 01/15/2016 07:39 AMStatus ::

Visits::1708

Hmm I think NRS will continue to milk it, but even more characters? No. They will do classic fatalities, ugly costumes etc sure..

The_TooCool_MasterPosted: 01/15/2016 09:29 AMStatus ::

Visits::2359
Nationality::Canada

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
And have you been to other MK forums or forums that talk about MK? None of them are positive places with happy discussions. Negativity is not exclusive to MKO and I wish people would stop acting like it is.

And I wish people would stop acting like the game is dead and gone.

Online fan forums are the WORST places to get a feel for the current state of games. They're filled with hardcore fans who tend to complain a lot if things don't go their way.

There's still tons of people online, tons of people who will buy the KP2 and if the net code actually gets a boost tons of people will get back into it.

Some people are MK fans first and foremost. It doesn't matter to them that SFV or KI S3 are coming.

Everyone saying they will only buy Tri-borg or Bo' Rai Cho? They will try the assumed new online kode(or if they spend 5$ to do 8 arcade fights, the joke is on them).

Just because there is a lot of complaints on MKO, TYM, TRMK and whatever doesn't mean there isn't as many people excited for this and it certainly doesn't mean the game is dead.

jpetrunakPosted: 01/15/2016 09:41 AMStatus ::

Visits::3472

At this point NRS has lost me. The first kombat pack was over priced, the netcode is terrible and While I really enjoyed the single player content, after a out a month the game lost its hype for me. I'm opting out of KP2 , hell I don't even have MKX installed on my PS4 anymore.

NRS needed to strike while the iron was hot. If they think adding 4 characters and one stage for $30 is going to be a success when Street Fighter V is coming out in a month they are delusional.

-
MindStrikesPosted: 01/15/2016 10:15 AMStatus ::

Visits::323

No thanks. Too late game's dead already. Cant wait for SFV

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 01/15/2016 10:15 AMStatus ::

Visits::19710

The_TooCool_Master Wrote:
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:

And I wish people would stop acting like the game is dead and gone.

Online fan forums are the WORST places to get a feel for the current state of games. They're filled with hardcore fans who tend to complain a lot if things don't go their way.

There's still tons of people online, tons of people who will buy the KP2 and if the net code actually gets a boost tons of people will get back into it.

Some people are MK fans first and foremost. It doesn't matter to them that SFV or KI S3 are coming.

Everyone saying they will only buy Tri-borg or Bo' Rai Cho? They will try the assumed new online kode(or if they spend 5$ to do 8 arcade fights, the joke is on them).

Just because there is a lot of complaints on MKO, TYM, TRMK and whatever doesn't mean there isn't as many people excited for this and it certainly doesn't mean the game is dead.

There's nothing wrong with complaining when there are legit problems. Like the netcode for example. Do you think that shit would be possibly getting fixed if people hadn't complained? Of course not. And I sure hope NRS looks at the KP2 backlash and maybe rethinks guest characters. And maybe they rethink putting in characters people ask for. Hearing other people complain is annoying but I'm not going to complain about their complaining.

There's a difference between a shit ton of people still playing and finding a match. I was online just days ago and I checked the online rooms, only the top one was full. The rest didn't even have anyone else in there. I remember when at least the top 3 were full, now they can barely fill up one. People still play but the playerbase has steadily decreased due to the poor netcode.

I'm an MK fan first and foremost but I will play the shit out of SFV. Capcom has a plan for their game and they know what the fuck they're doing. And KI has yet to let me down so I'll play that too. Unfortunately MKX has let me down and I have no reason to come back.

I hope people vote with their wallets. I want people to only buy MK characters to show NRS what the FANS really want. So they don't put out more bullshit like KP2. I certainly will by not buying a fucking thing.

And of course there are people excited. I think Triborg converted a lot of people on the fence. And that's great.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Blade4693Posted: 01/15/2016 10:38 AMStatus ::

Visits::3252

There would really be no point in improving the netcode for the better if they plan on releasing KP2 , and then moving on to the next game. If they are going to go that extra mile I think they might plan to support this game a lot longer than we think. With SFV in the next month, KI S3 coming soon as well (a game that has been supported since 2013) NRS is probably better off just adding and releasing new content for this game to compete rather than forget about it and start the next game.

xysionPosted: 01/15/2016 10:52 AMStatus ::

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
Well couldn't they have just contracted GGPO? I mean keep a small team to help GGPO understand the code and what not but if anybody knows how to make a solid netcode it's GGPO.

Agreed about the last part. Shoulda happened from the start but I'm glad it's happening. (If it's true

They would have contracted GGPO to use the rollback netcode anyway. This is a job for a big team not a small team. It is like finishing the first car but realising you want to put a bigger engine in it. That would mean changing engine, gearbox, transmission, gear ratios, crank case. It is like that here. Changing the netcode would mean a lot of work. Work for big team. This is massive change

I am actually very suprised they would do something like this. I can not remember if any company has done it before. They made a lot of money and could have left the game easily.

zephyrwestwindPosted: 01/15/2016 12:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::2408

It's probably just a trailer for The Pit.

redmanPosted: 01/15/2016 12:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::4716

Like others have said, I seriously doubt they would bother improving the netcode if they're planning to ditch the game after KP2, it makes no logical sense. I actually wouldn't rule out a KP3 now that this is happening (if it is), so there's plenty more to be excited about.

I'm remaining optimistic, of course the timing could have been better, but the work they had to go through to make this possible had to have been insane. If they manage to pull this off, i'm going to be really happy with NRS, and even if it doesn't work, i'll still give them props for trying. It's a risk, and one I didn't expect them to take.

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 01/15/2016 12:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::6174

Blade4693 Wrote:
There would really be no point in improving the netcode for the better if they plan on releasing KP2 , and then moving on to the next game. If they are going to go that extra mile I think they might plan to support this game a lot longer than we think. With SFV in the next month, KI S3 coming soon as well (a game that has been supported since 2013) NRS is probably better off just adding and releasing new content for this game to compete rather than forget about it and start the next game.

Considering what I've witnessed over the past decade as well as the last year and a half- what makes sense and what NRS has planned are both rarely mutual exclusive. They may very well be improving the netcode, but I doubt that has to do with any future content. I'm sure once Kombat Pack 2 is all said and done(Which I'm sure they'll drag out with their usual over the top one character per month routine) it'll probably be May and by then it'll be almost time for them to unveil Injustice 2 or whatever new game they've been working on at E3- then MKX will be swiftly removed from life support and tossed into a shallow grave without so much as a goodbye ceremony and then the 3-4 year wait for the next game will begin.

Mark my words. If NRS had long term plans for MKX they would've made it clear before the game ever launched, not release a Pack, go radio silent for damn near six months and then toss out another half-assed pack leaving fans completely in the dark about the future. Capcom has got it right- fans already know there's going to be a plethora of characters and additional content on the horizon for the next several YEARS when it comes to SFV. NRS has admitted to not even knowing they would do a KP2 which shows they never had a long term plan.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
moneyguyPosted: 01/15/2016 01:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::1397

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

NRS has admitted to not even knowing they would do a KP2 which shows they never had a long term plan.

I'm skeptical of this. I think they play the "we had no idea MK would be such a success" bit up. I agree NRS has organizational issues.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/15/2016 01:25 PMStatus ::

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
Blade4693 Wrote:

Considering what I've witnessed over the past decade as well as the last year and a half- what makes sense and what NRS has planned are both rarely mutual exclusive. They may very well be improving the netcode, but I doubt that has to do with any future content. I'm sure once Kombat Pack 2 is all said and done(Which I'm sure they'll drag out with their usual over the top one character per month routine) it'll probably be May and by then it'll be almost time for them to unveil Injustice 2 or whatever new game they've been working on at E3- then MKX will be swiftly removed from life support and tossed into a shallow grave without so much as a goodbye ceremony and then the 3-4 year wait for the next game will begin.

Mark my words. If NRS had long term plans for MKX they would've made it clear before the game ever launched, not release a Pack, go radio silent for damn near six months and then toss out another half-assed pack leaving fans completely in the dark about the future. Capcom has got it right- fans already know there's going to be a plethora of characters and additional content on the horizon for the next several YEARS when it comes to SFV. NRS has admitted to not even knowing they would do a KP2 which shows they never had a long term plan.

Well, according to NRS' hiring page, they are just now hiring for Senior Producer, Associate Designer, Sound Designer and Senior Artist positions for a future AAA title. You'd think if Injustice was being revealed this year and it was for that, those positions (Producer, Senior Artist, ect) would've been filled a long time ago. Another project (aside from MK) might just be more of a ways off than we initially thought.

I usually remain skeptical about stuff like this given NRS usually operates on a set schedule but that throws a wrench in that if they're indeed hiring for a DC project, which the pictures on their site seem to indicate given it's Batman related. So at this point, all bets are off. A second KP, possible improved netcode, just now hiring for a new project.....MKX could be getting updates for a while yet to come. I guess we'll find out for sure come the end of May.

JINNOCIDEPosted: 01/15/2016 01:35 PMStatus ::

Visits::1177
Nationality::Brazil

ok so Boon just tweeted his own tweet with the words GOOD GAME PEACE OUT highlighted. As if the community haven't discovered that yet....?

redmanPosted: 01/15/2016 01:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::4716

I think that's basically a confirmation

KenshiMaster16Posted: 01/15/2016 01:42 PMStatus ::

I don't wanna start the celebration too, too early but....

xysionPosted: 01/15/2016 01:45 PMStatus ::

redman Wrote:
I think that's basically a confirmation

Better be now otherwise that is a dick move. It would not be trolling, it would be a dick move. You just do not joke about the crap netcode.

ShaolinChuanPosted: 01/15/2016 01:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::14899

I feel sorry for all the programmers at NRS, it's probably going to be a nightmare changing the whole infrastructure of online play to implement GGPO. But none the less, I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

I too have a feeling that they will support MKX with more content beyond KP2. Said it from the beginning, they should have planned this months ago to keep supporting MKX for years and give it the proper treatment like KI S3, SFV, SF4 series. MKX is after all the best selling fighting game there is no denying that.

Page of 4

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.