Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 4

Blade4693Posted: 01/15/2016 01:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::3252
Nationality::United States
RE: MKX Online Netcode upgrade?

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
Blade4693 Wrote:
There would really be no point in improving the netcode for the better if they plan on releasing KP2 , and then moving on to the next game. If they are going to go that extra mile I think they might plan to support this game a lot longer than we think. With SFV in the next month, KI S3 coming soon as well (a game that has been supported since 2013) NRS is probably better off just adding and releasing new content for this game to compete rather than forget about it and start the next game.

Considering what I've witnessed over the past decade as well as the last year and a half- what makes sense and what NRS has planned are both rarely mutual exclusive. They may very well be improving the netcode, but I doubt that has to do with any future content. I'm sure once Kombat Pack 2 is all said and done(Which I'm sure they'll drag out with their usual over the top one character per month routine) it'll probably be May and by then it'll be almost time for them to unveil Injustice 2 or whatever new game they've been working on at E3- then MKX will be swiftly removed from life support and tossed into a shallow grave without so much as a goodbye ceremony and then the 3-4 year wait for the next game will begin.

Mark my words. If NRS had long term plans for MKX they would've made it clear before the game ever launched, not release a Pack, go radio silent for damn near six months and then toss out another half-assed pack leaving fans completely in the dark about the future. Capcom has got it right- fans already know there's going to be a plethora of characters and additional content on the horizon for the next several YEARS when it comes to SFV. NRS has admitted to not even knowing they would do a KP2 which shows they never had a long term plan.

Think about it though. According to people on this and other sites this GGPO thing is supposed to be a pretty big deal, and apparently changing the netcode for a game is a task that is hard, time consuming and expensive. It would not make any sort of sense to go through that much trouble to improve a game's online if you are about to move on to the next one in a few months. Especially when plenty of people are still using it as it is, why bother changing it unless you plan on releasing more content and are getting more people to play?

xysionPosted: 01/15/2016 01:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::260
Nationality::Italy

ShaolinChuan Wrote:MKX is after all the best selling fighting game there is no denying that.

Not taking anything from MKX but it really has not any competition yet.

Well KI was a console exclusive to a console that is significantly less popular. SFV and Tekken 7 have not released yet. I do not think SFV will come close to MKX however. That just leaves Tekken 7 and to be honest, I am not seeing much hype for that. We will see however. MKX beating Metal Gear Solid V, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Batman: Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Battlefield Hardline, just to name a few, shows it really sold well and is the most popular fighting game series at the moment. I do not think Mortal Kombat has been in a better position to be honest.

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.
NinjorPosted: 01/15/2016 02:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::108

Considering that the one year anniversary for MKX is three months away, shouldn't we be expecting a Komplete Edition in the very near future?

barakallPosted: 01/15/2016 02:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::1708

It's just the netcode and I guess they will keep updating this. Maybe they will charge us for this too?

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 01/15/2016 02:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::19710

Blade4693 Wrote:
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
Blade4693 Wrote:
There would really be no point in improving the netcode for the better if they plan on releasing KP2 , and then moving on to the next game. If they are going to go that extra mile I think they might plan to support this game a lot longer than we think. With SFV in the next month, KI S3 coming soon as well (a game that has been supported since 2013) NRS is probably better off just adding and releasing new content for this game to compete rather than forget about it and start the next game.

Considering what I've witnessed over the past decade as well as the last year and a half- what makes sense and what NRS has planned are both rarely mutual exclusive. They may very well be improving the netcode, but I doubt that has to do with any future content. I'm sure once Kombat Pack 2 is all said and done(Which I'm sure they'll drag out with their usual over the top one character per month routine) it'll probably be May and by then it'll be almost time for them to unveil Injustice 2 or whatever new game they've been working on at E3- then MKX will be swiftly removed from life support and tossed into a shallow grave without so much as a goodbye ceremony and then the 3-4 year wait for the next game will begin.

Mark my words. If NRS had long term plans for MKX they would've made it clear before the game ever launched, not release a Pack, go radio silent for damn near six months and then toss out another half-assed pack leaving fans completely in the dark about the future. Capcom has got it right- fans already know there's going to be a plethora of characters and additional content on the horizon for the next several YEARS when it comes to SFV. NRS has admitted to not even knowing they would do a KP2 which shows they never had a long term plan.

Think about it though. According to people on this and other sites this GGPO thing is supposed to be a pretty big deal, and apparently changing the netcode for a game is a task that is hard, time consuming and expensive. It would not make any sort of sense to go through that much trouble to improve a game's online if you are about to move on to the next one in a few months. Especially when plenty of people are still using it as it is, why bother changing it unless you plan on releasing more content and are getting more people to play?

Personally I think they did something about the netcode because so many people complained about it. Seriously MKX was the laughing stock of the FGC for having atrocious netcode. So I believe that they did something to make this game playable to those still playing it. And maybe to bring those back who left because of the laughably bad netcode.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
KoldKombatPosted: 01/15/2016 02:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::731
Nationality::Canada

Maybe...just maybe, all those letters in the highlighted words spell out something?

xysionPosted: 01/15/2016 02:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::260

KoldKombat Wrote:
Maybe...just maybe, all those letters in the highlighted words spell out something?

Nah, those words in that order are a clear reference to the GGPO rollback netcode. The game has poor netcode and Ed chose those words in that order. It is too convenient.

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.
Blade4693Posted: 01/15/2016 02:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::3252

@KungLao: I agree, I too think that was why they did it but I also think (Maybe im just too optimistic) that its a sign we are getting more. I know that if me and my team were only a few months away from being done with our game and moving on to another I would not make that sort of investment to improve it's online.

Now if I had plans to release new content, continue balancing, and overall supporting the game, then yeah that would be a worthy investment.

Who knows, maybe WB/NRS has realized that continued support is better than releasing a game, supporting it for a year, then moving on. SF4 was supported for years, and KI is still being supported and that's going on 3 years too, and that game is exclusive and not even as big as MK or SF.

With the FGC seemingly experiencing a new golden age at the moment, it only makes sense to keep supporting the game that people are still playing and competing in for a while longer, IMO.

lastfighter89Posted: 01/15/2016 02:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::5315

If we speak loud , Ed could give us a kombat pack 3, or at least Fujin/ Sareena.

XtremeAcePosted: 01/15/2016 08:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::213
RE: MKX Creative Director Says More Good News On Horizon

how about compatibility with xbox 360!?!?!

-
DetoxPosted: 01/15/2016 09:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::4247

XtremeAce Wrote:
how about compatibility with xbox 360!?!?!

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
IamTheSPosted: 01/15/2016 10:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::1988

I hope everyone (especially NRS) just keeps in mind that GGPO isn't just something that is thrown in and magically delivers results. I've seen far too many people expect that just because a game uses GGPO, that it's going to be flawless without custom source code tinkering.

Page of 4

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.