Kombat Pack 3 Predictions & Wishlists
posted10/07/2016 01:20 AM (UTC)by
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

With all the hype swirling around the possible involvement of GGPO, it's been hypothesized that the game will receive even more attention and goodies post Kombat Pack 2.

So, with that said, what are your predictions and/or wish lists for a possible future Kombat Pack 3 or other stand-alone DLCs? Also, feel free to include skin pack ideas.

My prediction would be Fujin, Noob, Sindel, and another guest (jaded me ;P).

My actual wish list though would easily be Fujin, Rain, Noob, and Shang Tsung.

If it happens IGAU style akin to MMH and Zatanna with just two future characters released, I'd put my money on Fujin and Noob.

Other than that, for SG&G, my long shot hopes would include any one of the following - Reiko, Ashrah, Havik, or Nightwolf.

How about you folks?
barakall
01/15/2016 07:52 PM (UTC)
Damnit assface, i thought this was the news!!
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

01/15/2016 07:56 PM (UTC)
barakall Wrote:

v.v

Apologies. I had a feeling someone would think that. Bad timing I suppose. tongue
nightbreed_16
About Me

I will rock you.

01/15/2016 07:58 PM (UTC)
Hmm maybe a free or cheap story pack 1 and a story pack 2. I know I said it might not happen I still stay true to that but here is my thoughts.
Story Pack 1 Fujin, Sareena, Li Mei and Frost.
Story Pack 2 Sindel, Nightwolf, Kabal and Stryker.
xysion
About Me

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.

01/15/2016 08:02 PM (UTC)
Just Sareena and Smoke. All the rest is gravy. They can be guest characters for all I care. Even Ronald McDonald.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

01/15/2016 08:11 PM (UTC)
With MKX still being very popular despite the perceived netcode issues by many people, the GGPO thing will undoubtedly revive it for lots of folks. I don't think we'll get a KP3, but MAYBE one or two more characters maximum, a couple of skin packs maybe, or a new arena or two. Nothing drastic.
Blade4693
01/15/2016 08:16 PM (UTC)
barakall Wrote:

Lmaoooo

Anyway, I would like to get Shang Tsung, Havik, Reiko, and Sareena.

Who I think we would get is Fujin, Li Mei, another male (Not sure who is most likely other than Fujin) and another guest, hopefully Spawn.
mandead
About Me

Where's Fujin?

01/15/2016 08:20 PM (UTC)
Smoke clearly won't happen. We already have him in cyborg form.

Don't forget, if they do make KP3 (very unlikely) you'll be getting two more guests.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
01/15/2016 08:25 PM (UTC)
The first three names that jump into my mind for sales and fan demand:

Fujin
Rain
Noob Saibot

Others I could see:

Kabal
Kai
Shang Tsung
Havik
Hotaru
Reiko.

I'd bet on 4 out of those at this point. I could see a human smoke skin but that's about the entirety of what I would expect for a potential character list.
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

01/15/2016 08:29 PM (UTC)
- Shao Kahn
- Shang Tsung
- More stages
- More costumes
- More brutalities
KungLaodoesntsuck
01/15/2016 08:32 PM (UTC)
Getting WAY ahead of ourselves with KP3 talk....
QueenAhnka
About Me

Rebel. Outsider. Fan Of The Obscure. Politically Incorrect. Spitfire!

01/15/2016 08:39 PM (UTC)
Michael Myers
Candyman
Tri-Boss (Kintaro, Motaro, and Shao Kahn merged)
Meat

In all honesty, KP3 won't happen. But if it ever did I only need 4 characters for this roster to finally feel complete-

Fujin
Rain
Baraka
Li Mei

And maybe Sindel. These are the rest of the somewhat vital NPCs in story mode that I think should've been in the default roster from day one(as well as Tanya and Bo).
KenshiMaster16
01/15/2016 09:11 PM (UTC)
I'm gonna go on a limb and say the most likely scenario would be a couple skin packs and maybe one or two final characters before the end of the year. If I had to guess, I'd hope they'd be two actual MK characters and they may let you vote similar to how they handled the final two DLC slots for Injustice.

But of course, the ultimate pipe-dream would be another (and properly handled) Kombat Pack but that's expecting a little too much, I think.
QueenAhnka
About Me

01/15/2016 09:15 PM (UTC)
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
I'm gonna go on a limb and say the most likely scenario would be a couple skin packs and maybe one or two final characters before the end of the year. If I had to guess, I'd hope they'd be two actual MK characters and they may let you vote similar to how they handled the final two DLC slots for Injustice.

But of course, the ultimate pipe-dream would be another (and properly handled) Kombat Pack but that's expecting a little too much, I think.

I think voting on the final two characters would be great. One male and one female. BOTH MK characters.

I think 4 guests is quite enough. Even if they do KP3, I really don't see them doing any more guests- I think they *may* have learned from the backlash KP2 received. I wouldn't mind 4 guests if we had like 8 actual MK characters to contrast that.
KenshiMaster16
01/15/2016 09:21 PM (UTC)
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

I think voting on the final two characters would be great. One male and one female. BOTH MK characters.

I think 4 guests is quite enough. Even if they do KP3, I really don't see them doing any more guests- I think they *may* have learned from the backlash KP2 received. I wouldn't mind 4 guests if we had like 8 actual MK characters to contrast that.

Agreed. Guests are fine and dandy as long as there is more MK content than guest content when it comes to characters. Since it's an MK game, those characters should be first in line.
Onaga
01/15/2016 09:32 PM (UTC)
Kombat Pack 3:
Spawn
Ash Williams
Freddy Kruger (Because everyone is demanding him so they can have Freddy vs Jason Mashups)
Michael Myers

Skins
Mortal Kombat 2 Ninja skins
and Maybe a Mortal Kombat 3 classic skin for Sonya and the Cyborgs

Hockey jersey skin pack

It's not what I want to see but what I would honestly be expecting at this point. Actually what I expect is for them to fix the online and then just abandon MKX and have everyone going "WTF!? What was even the point!?"
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

01/15/2016 09:34 PM (UTC)
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:

I know, but one of my initial reasons behind creating this thread was to hopefully spawn some positive discussions and ideas rather than the usual negativity.

But I should think people ought to be feeling pretty good right now anyway with today's awesome news.

And I do think a whole other KP is highly unlikely, but I don't think another character or two with some balance patches, costumes, and brutalities is too farfetched.
KenshiMaster16
01/15/2016 09:36 PM (UTC)
unleash_your_tounge Wrote:
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:

I know, but one of my initial reasons behind creating this thread was to hopefully spawn some positive discussions and ideas rather than the usual negativity.

But I should think people ought to be feeling pretty good right now anyway with today's awesome news.

And I do think a whole other KP is highly unlikely, but I don't think another character or two with some balance patches, costumes, and brutalities is too farfetched.

It's definitely not in the realm of impossibilities. For the first time in a long time, I'm looking at this franchise in a positive light and it's fucking glorious.
lastfighter89
01/15/2016 09:45 PM (UTC)
Many of us asked for Tanya and Tremor, and we got both of them.
We asked for a better netkode and we're gettin'it.
If we ask for Fujin and the well liked characters, We are going to get them.

Just keep on posting about it on threads, the net, noobde 's Twitter account, etc.
QueenAhnka
About Me

01/15/2016 09:50 PM (UTC)
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

Agreed. Guests are fine and dandy as long as there is more MK content than guest content when it comes to characters. Since it's an MK game, those characters should be first in line.

This. I've NEVER had a problem with guests. They could throw in as many as they like, I only start having a problem when they're becoming the majority number or there's just as many DLC guests as there are MK characters. MK characters should always be the majority. If MKX DLC looked something like this-

KP1- Story Pack

Tanya
Fujin
Bo' Rai' Cho
Jason

KP2- Wildcard Pack

Tremor
Noob
Triborg
Predator

KP3- Outworld War Pack

Li Mei
Rain
Baraka
Leatherface

KP4- Hellspawn Pack

Sindel
Havik(Or Reiko)
Sareena
Alien

I think the inclusion of 4 guests would've gone down a bit smoother.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
01/15/2016 09:51 PM (UTC)
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:

I really am thinking more dlc chars are in the cards. I'll put money on it at this point. Just my gut feeling again :)
Add Sareena and Nightwolf to my list.
xysion
About Me

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.

01/15/2016 10:08 PM (UTC)
mandead Wrote:

Don't forget, if they do make KP3 (very unlikely) you'll be getting two more guests.

That is Cyber Smoke. I would not be surprised if that was the cybernetic body left for Smoke but was never used.

I hate Cyber Smoke anyway. I was talking about Human Smoke. They can have him as revenant. They can make it happen if they wanted to.
Human-Smoke-4-ever
About Me

Why couldn't this ending have happened?

01/15/2016 10:12 PM (UTC)
mandead Wrote:

Just because Tri-Borg is cosplaying as him does not mean Smoke can't be DLC is they do another KP.
Human-Smoke-4-ever
About Me

Why couldn't this ending have happened?

01/15/2016 10:17 PM (UTC)
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

I wouldn't mind the guests if they were separated. Have a guest pack that has these guest characters and leave the kombat packs to actual MK characters.
friendshipagain
01/15/2016 11:09 PM (UTC)
I'd love a couple more MORTAL KOMBAT characters to atone for Krappy Pack 2 but let's get real - any further new characters (in all probability) means just two more rubbish guests.

So, NRS - please kindly go shove your ideas now.
Pages: 4
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.