balkcsiaboot
06/04/2016 11:47 AM (UTC)
Updated with a new fake. This will probably be the last one in a few weeks since my summer semester has started and I will be starting a new job, which is higher in pay so I assume I'll be even busier than before.
blacksaibot Wrote:
UPDATE (6/5/16):
Raiden's Demise

This is a recreation of Shinnok's MK4 ending, but with MKX sprites for Raiden and Shinnok, and I made Quan Chi's MKDA outfit (which, believe it or not, IS slightly different than his look in MK9)

Yes, I know, Quan Chi wasn't in Shinnok's ending, but I couldn't help but add him there, laughing at Raiden as Shinnok binds him in his energy. I suppose it was a little foolish of me to leave the amulet on Quan Chi's belt... oh well.

This may seem more boring than my usual gore-filled fatality fakes... maybe I'll make up for it with a follow-up showing Raiden blowing up into bloody chunks with Quan Chi shielding his face from the blood splatters.

Awesome, really nostalgic.
I'm pretty sure Shinny's seen it on him before, maybe he thinks it's like his faction logo, other than the BotS (·). Haven't they both been onscreen at the same time with it?
Unless he knows it's been copied, maybe he thinks it's fake.

Ka-Tra
balkcsiaboot
06/05/2016 07:44 PM (UTC)
The only time I think they've been on screen while the amulet was in Quan Chi's possession was in Armageddon... and we all know how to take that game.
balkcsiaboot
06/11/2016 10:49 AM (UTC)
I just updated the original post with my latest Deception-themed fake pic. It;s been a while since I touched the PS2-era games and it felt refreshing to do this one.
Great sprites. Interesting concept.
Putting an end to their water crisis with a bloody massacre...

Ka-Tra
balkcsiaboot
07/03/2016 01:46 PM (UTC)
Updated with something I said I'll never do............. an DC sprite edit! wow
BrianMinor25
07/03/2016 03:57 PM (UTC)
Wow, these are fantastic, man!!!

I really enjoy the detail in these! At first glance it looks like you just got REALLY good screenshots of the originals in gameplay, but from what I'm seeing I am very impressed! The details on the sprites and effects in these is phenomenal! They look ripped straight out from the games themselves and put back in the classic sprite days.

Really enjoy the work! There's too much to like, but my favorites have got to be the Sektor/Sub-Zero/Kitana one and the Raiden's Demise one oddly enough.

And yeah, I'm aware of Quan Chi's outfit not being EXACTLY the same as it was in MKDA. I was one of the main people griping about him having tattoos again in MK/DC and then especially in MK9 when he was supposed to get them from the ancient ruins in the Netherrealm just before MKDA that told him how to use the amulet, but the tattoos are clearly very different from what he had in the PS2 game era. I actually preferred his tattoo-less MK4 look the most oddly enough though.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.