My ideas for a re-imagined, realistic Mortal Kombat game.
posted05/20/2016 02:21 PM (UTC)by
calebdaniel
I'm a filmmaker by trade and loved the series.

Mortal Kombat would be a fighting game, grounded more in realism.

I would love to see fights more realistic yet still keeping that action game spirit. The ice freeze, Scorpion's lampoon, etc. combining that with up and close punches, like MMA. Weapons being used, like grabbing a Staff members spear and stabbing your opponent through the arm. Fights would be strategic.

Here’s my ideas.

Story

Shang Tsung is Asian Black Magic Sorceror. He summons up the half fallen angel/half human Prince Goro, an underling to the fallen angel Emperor Shao Kahn and Shinnok, a fallen angel from Heaven who is an underling to Baal who is second to Lucifer.

Goro is a nephilim. Nephilims were real back in the day. So he has four arms and is a giant. He serves a warrior in the spiritual forces.

Now, Shang Tsung can’t reach the Spiritual Realm where Kahn hs set up his own Kingdom.

A mysterious beggar comes along and recruits the world’s greatest fighters Liu Kang, Johnny Cage and Jackson Briggs. Alot of MMA fighters are invited too, as well as fighters not in the MMA. Kickboxers, etc.

Tsung has an island, a real island in the South Pacific. It’s small. There has what is called THE GREAT SHAOLIN TOURNAMENT.

Here it’s fight, not to the death but since it isn’t Government regulated and in secret, when death happens, each person who dies gets a statue on the islad.

It’s a tournament of great honour. Until Shang wins 9 tournaments and renames the event his Mortal Kombat. Tsung is young here, born in 85. He wears flashy Triad gear.

Liu Kang is a rebellious Shaolin monk, Cage is a C-Level Hollywood martial artist and Sonya is an accident, who followed a mercenary named Kano, a half Australian, half Japanese member of a criminal organization in the United States and Japan, similar to the Yakuza. Kano is actually on par with Liu Kang, he uses alot of throwing knives and is trained in martial arts.

Cage is the weakest, next to Blade.

Now, enter the Ninjas. Both Sub-Zero and Scorpion wear black ninja garb. However, warrior gi is made up fo them to seperate them from each other. This doesn’t help as Sub-Zero’s clan murdered his family, Sub-Zero is a name he despises and prefers to be called Bing Lau. Scorpion is a guy who survived, he’s not a ghost or spectre. He wants revenge.
MortalMushroom
03/28/2016 03:11 AM (UTC)
Sounds like an interesting idea, and it's a story I'd like to read. For a more realistic take on the series, the characters seem a lot more true to their in-game counterparts than, say, the Mortal Kombat "Rebirth" film. It's almost as though the in-game mythology is a metaphorical parallel to this story, which is grounded in reality.

That being said, I will say the original Mortal Kombat trilogy, plus four (the Tobias era) will always be the true definitive story of Mortal Kombat to me. Complete with all the mysticism, sci-fi elements, cyborg assassins, movie stars, and parallel worlds. And Deadly Alliance through Armageddon, with some major clean-up I would accept as well. Everything else, I personally just see as fun "What-if" stories. Like "What if Raiden sent a message back in time?" or "What if this was a gritty crime drama?" or "What if we turned the hero of the series into an edgy conflicted hoodie-wearing thug?". This, to me would be another what-if story. But it would probably be one of the most fun, interesting ones to me.
Wants "realistic" MK, but adds more mystical, magical, mythological elements...

Ka-Tra
MindStrikes
05/20/2016 02:21 PM (UTC)
johnny1up Wrote:
That being said, I will say the original Mortal Kombat trilogy, plus four (the Tobias era) will always be the true definitive story of Mortal Kombat to me. Complete with all the mysticism, sci-fi elements, cyborg assassins, movie stars, and parallel worlds. And Deadly Alliance through Armageddon, with some major clean-up I would accept as well.

This
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.