Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.8%)
Jade (45.4%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (25.4%)
Freddy Krueger (7.2%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Justice League Gear & Events Hit Injustice 2 [Read On]
  • November 11th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 Reveals Enchantress & TMNT [Read On]
  • November 10th, 2017
    ELEAGUE Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 Reveal Tonight [Read On]
  • November 10th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Xbox One X 4k Enhanced in November Update [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 04/17/2016 06:07 PMStatus ::
Ed Boon Polls Fans For Mortal Kombat X Most Missed

One year on from the record release of Mortal Kombat X; NetherRealm Studios Creative Director Ed Boon has polled fans on the controversial subject of absentee characters.

Using a Twitter poll: Boon asked which character fans missed the most, isolating his options to just four characters. With a 45% majority, Noob Saibot was the overwhelming winner. Popularly requested cult favourite Rain came second with 22%.

The question asked was arguably a loaded one, with only one of the four "missing" characters completely absent from Mortal Kombat X. Baraka (17%) and Rain made appearances as non-playable opponents in the game's story mode, and as eventual Invasion bosses. Kabal (16%) appeared in story mode cut scenes, reprising his Mortal Kombat (2011) role as a revenant soldier of the Netherrealm.

Speaking to Gamereactor; Boon discussed balancing fan expectations and requests, explaining: "Unfortunately, it's simply not possible to satisfy every single wish from players. Often times those wishes contradict each other and it falls on us to determine what is best for each iteration of Mortal Kombat. While we certainly do listen to what the fans would like to see in the next game, we also want to surprise them with each game and give them something they were not expecting."

Notable by omission from Boon's poll is Fujin: A significant figure in the game's FMV sequences, and one of the most talked about characters who did not make the Mortal Kombat X roster cut.

Fujin appears alongside Raiden during the story mode, playing a similar role featured in Mortal Kombat 4, upon which Mortal Kombat X is loosely based. He topped Mortal Kombat Online's pre-release comeback character list for that same tie, and was also voted 2015 Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion by fans hopeful to encourage his inclusion as downloadable content. The March release of Mortal Kombat XL appears to have closed the book on DLC for this installment in the game series.

Which unseen character did you miss the most? Register to vote in the MK Online User Poll, and sound off on your favourites on the Mortal Kombat X forum! Go deeper into character debate in the Fan Koliseum!

KenshiMaster16Posted: 04/16/2016 03:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::10118
Nationality::United States
Boon Back to Trollish Ways - Posts Most Missed Character Poll

Shocker, no female either.

Dragon Points:
friendshipagainPosted: 04/16/2016 04:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::2552
Nationality::United Kingdom
RE: Boon Back to Trollish Ways - Posts Most Missed Character Poll

No Fujin, wow.

Guess it's better not to give the option if you're not gonna like the response.

JohnBoyAdvancePosted: 04/16/2016 04:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::13171

My reply is simply: None of the above?

Yeah. I'm cold blooded.

AsesinoPosted: 04/16/2016 10:44 PMStatus ::

Visits::14127
Nationality::Bulgaria

Basically he confirmed the 4 characters coming in KP3.

friendshipagainPosted: 04/16/2016 11:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::2552

Asesino Wrote:
Basically he confirmed the 4 characters coming in KP3.

We might get one more character, I honestly think we're done now, they've moved onto Injustice 2. Kind of odd one of the MK mokap people recently posted he was doing more work though - he didn't elaborate specifically on what.. it included swords... hook swords? Kabal?

Reaching, maybe.

ZebronPosted: 04/17/2016 01:50 AMStatus ::

Visits::5061

That's like asking, "What would you most like to eat right now? Moldy pizza, roadkill skunk, chilled monkey brains, or a half-sandwich that's been in a hobo's pocket?"

"Not the first to say it in this thread, but when Bo Rai Cho is the high point of the new character selection, they did something really wrong." -Gillbob316
blacksaibotPosted: 04/17/2016 07:59 AMStatus ::

Visits::9037
Nationality::Bahamas

NOOOOOOOOB!

EDIT: YES!!! He's winning at 45%!!! Maybe he won't be in DLC... but it sure helps put him in the "to be included list" for MK11. But none of this truly matters to me since MKXL isn't for PC

DG1OAPosted: 04/17/2016 10:48 AMStatus ::

Visits::5219

Baraka, easily, followed by Kabal.

I figured Noob would be the most missed out of those four. Yawn. So predictable.

I also think that if we don't get any more guests, we still shouldn't count on fresher returnees. There are four core characters left to bring back: Baraka, Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung and Noob Saibot. The former two would be great (Shao Kahn easily being the freshest and least expected of these four), the latter two would be disappointing.

Ugh, if only Baraka and Rain (and Sindel) had been on initial roster to begin with. Now Baraka might miss out on the one MK game featuring the Alien and the Predator as guests (with said Alien being a Tarkatan-born one on top of that), and three DLC spots that could go for fresher returnees might go to Baraka, Rain and Noob Saibot.

Really amazed Shang Tsung wasn't on that list, too.

BADASS6669Posted: 04/17/2016 01:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::5695

I think NRS has big plans itinerary MK11 for Shao Kahn & Shang Tsung.

But I would love to see them added to MK XXL

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
MindStrikesPosted: 04/17/2016 04:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::315
Nationality::Italy

friendshipagain Wrote:
No Fujin, wow.

Guess it's better not to give the option if you're not gonna like the response.

lol exactley. I can see why Noob Saibot is the most missed, he's a black hooded ninja and looked freaking awesome in MK9! Same for his set of animations and attitude. It was a really cool looking character.

But.. before you know Noob is a hoodles hippie with emo hair, different set of moves and looking / feeling nothing like he used to be. And than nobody likes Noob anymore...

frabnPosted: 04/17/2016 10:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::539

The timing and subject matter of this poll is quite curious.

I voted Noob. Why:

1) Netherrealm invasion WITHOUT Noob Saibot? Wtf?

2) Noob being "the dark side of Bi Han" has made the character far more interesting. Missed opportunity to develop him.

3) He's not dead. Scorpion was soulnado'd too, and he became "the champion of the Elder Gods" or some nonsense in Deception.

4) He's mentioned numerous times in the game during character dialog, and is the most unique of Quan Chi's servants - he is not a revenant (Liu, Kitana & co.) or a specter (Scorpion)...he is a wraith. Noob is the most unique of Quan Chi's servants - he is nothing like Bi Han, he isn't even the same type of being. He has a completely different power set, personality and mindset. Noob Saibot has absolutely nothing in common with Bi Han, Kuai Liang or any of the revenants - unique among them all.

So where the F--- is he?

The only thing I can figure is that they're setting up Noob to either be the "redeemed Champion of the Elder Gods" or to be close ally of Havik in the next installment. His MK9 non-canon ending indicated that he had been established an alliance with Havik and the Chaos Realm.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
MacyG88Posted: 04/17/2016 11:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::2449
Nationality::Australia

Other.

As in, someone totally unexpected. Someone who is in the forgotten range. The previous MK did wonders reinventing unpopular characters, so why not give others a chance?

Dairou?

Hsu Hao?

Hotaru?

Darrius?

Nitara?

Mavado?

Kobra?

Before anyone brings up the comic: remember, death is irrelevant in MK.

frabnPosted: 04/18/2016 02:44 AMStatus ::

MacyG88 Wrote:
Other.

As in, someone totally unexpected. Someone who is in the forgotten range. The previous MK did wonders reinventing unpopular characters, so why not give others a chance?

Dairou?

Hsu Hao?

Hotaru?

Darrius?

Nitara?

Mavado?

Kobra?

That would be assuming people actually miss those characters. I don't think any of these characters are "missed". They're so unpopular even the Devs aren't fond of them. Out of that entire list...MAYBE Hotaru. Neat design in MKD.

I'm all for re-inventing characters, and wouldn't mind seeing any of them with brand new looks and concepts. But missed? I doubt any of those characters were even remotely missed. On that entire list, I saw Nitara pop up on twitter and MKO more often than any other, but that's not saying much...maybe one mention out of every 1000 or so posts.

frabnPosted: 04/18/2016 02:48 AMStatus ::

Oh, and by the way:

ript async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">ript>

MacyG88Posted: 04/18/2016 03:05 AMStatus ::

Visits::2449
Nationality::Australia

frabn Wrote:
MacyG88 Wrote:
Other.

Dairou?

Hsu Hao?

Hotaru?

Darrius?

Nitara?

Mavado?

Kobra?

That would be assuming people actually miss those characters. I don't think any of these characters are "missed". They're so unpopular even the Devs aren't fond of them. Out of that entire list...MAYBE Hotaru. Neat design in MKD.

I'm all for re-inventing characters, and wouldn't mind seeing any of them with brand new looks and concepts. But missed? I doubt any of those characters were even remotely missed. On that entire list, I saw Nitara pop up on twitter and MKO more often than any other, but that's not saying much...maybe one mention out of every 1000 or so posts.

They're missed by someone regardless of how many. I know it's not commercially benificial to satisfy the few than the many, but I hope NR will take a risk, however unlikely that is.

DarkKard4Posted: 04/18/2016 06:02 AMStatus ::

Visits::3398
RE: Ed Boon Polls Fans For Mortal Kombat X Most Missed

if this is really for a 3rd DLC pack, then theres a reason he listed MK9 characters only, they'll probably recycle the models and movesets from MK9 and modify them for the MKX game (maybe into 3 different variations as well) This may be a parting fan gift for the MKX era. Even if the characters may be recycled and not be given the full extensive design treatment like the rest of the MKX cast, its still a nice thing for them to do. Something to please the fans.

This is just my guess / speculation because honestly this poll could be for anything really.

Voted for Baraka and Sheeva but clearly neither stand a chance against ninjas. Oh well..

lastfighter89Posted: 04/18/2016 06:15 AMStatus ::

Visits::5310
Nationality::Italy

Notice how in both polls the most requested male and female characters, Fujin and Sareena respectively, are absent.

What's the point of having back Noob Saibot and Jade without an explanation when both of them were a given for MK11?
Fujin, Sareena, Rain and Baraka and maybe Li Mei/Frost should be the next DLCs.

DetoxPosted: 04/18/2016 07:46 AMStatus ::

Visits::4247

I love how he just randomly throws this out in between all the other polls he's been doing lately.

The optimist in me says two more characters (male and female) could be on the way with one last gameplay patch before EVO.

Or...

It very well could be nothing.

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
barakallPosted: 04/18/2016 08:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::1708

Seems rather arbitrary with regards to the male list, since Nightwolf & Smoke appeared yet Noob can be voted on. Also, no way Baraka makes it in with Alien already in. Also I don't believe they would make Noob from scratch or add Rain again. So, nothing to see here.

DG1OAPosted: 04/18/2016 09:52 AMStatus ::

Visits::5219

barakall Wrote:
Also, no way Baraka makes it in with Alien already in.

Like there was no way the cyborgs would return because of the Predator? Lol.

Oh, and didn't Cassie deconfirm Sonya and Johnny once? Particularly Sonya? Heh.

Bloody hell, people really can't learn anything from the past, can they?

JadedReignPosted: 04/18/2016 11:24 AMStatus ::

Visits::1603

Kabal and Noob on the male character poll and Fujin isn't. I can't even...

Interesting that Jade has the lead in the female poll. I thought Sindel would've been the top choice, but apparently not. Mournful Kitana stung a lot of us Jade fans pretty hard. Hopefully they'll make the situation right by putting Jade in and giving Kitana some other kind of variation (would love to see an Edenian magic-based variation for Kitana).

[Killswitch]Posted: 04/18/2016 11:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::19202

frabn Wrote:
Oh, and by the way:

ript async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">ript>

Of all that is holy on this earth, pick Sheeva, people!

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong
unleash_your_toungePosted: 04/18/2016 12:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::5818

Fujin and Jade or bust.

But since they're obviously not going to patch out Mournful (as much as I wish they would), I went with Sheeva.

Although, Ashrah, Nitara, or Sareena would have had priority.

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
Warbro666Posted: 04/18/2016 10:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::234
Nationality::New Zealand

DG1OA Wrote:
barakall Wrote:
Also, no way Baraka makes it in with Alien already in.

Like there was no way the cyborgs would return because of the Predator? Lol.

Oh, and didn't Cassie deconfirm Sonya and Johnny once? Particularly Sonya? Heh.

Bloody hell, people really can't learn anything from the past, can they?

Difference is Alien directly rips off Baraka's moveset in its Tarkatan variation. All the other characters you mentioned don't play similarly at all. Soooooo no.

Same with Noob Saibot/Johnny Cage scenario.

Page of 2

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.