Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (28.2%)
Jade (43.5%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (23.0%)
Freddy Krueger (5.1%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • September 18th, 2017
    Raiden & Black Lightning Electrify in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • September 14th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Pop! Vinyl Coming Soon [Read On]
  • September 1st, 2017
    No More Mortal Kombat Guests for Injustice 2 [Read On]
  • September 1st, 2017
    Kombat Kon 2017 Returns This Month [Read On]
  • August 31st, 2017
    Speculation: Will Fighter Pack 3 Deliver Third Kombatant? [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 04/19/2016 02:03 AMStatus ::
Boon Polls Most Missed Women in Mortal Kombat X

Hot on the heels of an all male poll [full story]; Mortal Kombat X Creative Director Ed Boon has asked fans which female kombatant they missed most from the best selling tenth installment.

The four character Twitter poll produced a closer race between options, with 1,334 more votes registered than the initial query. Jade was an unsurprising winner with 37%, often commanding a highly motivated cult following. 2011 DLC fighter Skarlet was a more surprising second with 27% of the vote.

Like the first poll; the selection of lady fighters offers a mix of the overlooked and truly absent. Sindel (24%) appears prominently in the Mortal Kombat X story mode as a non-playable character, also featured as an eventual Invasion Boss. Sheeva (12%) and Skarlet didn't return in any notable game capacity.

Jade was inexplicably killed off between games - the only revenant from Mortal Kombat (2011) to not appear in the sequel. Kitana pays homage to the fallen Jade with her Mournful variation in MKX. Jade also makes a brief cameo appearance in Revenant Kitana's arcade ending [below].

Which lady of kombat did you miss most? Register to record your fandom in the MK Online User Poll and Mortal Kombat X forum. Get hardcore and pit your favorites against one another in the Fan Koliseum!

Warbro666Posted: 04/19/2016 03:09 AMStatus ::

Visits::234
Nationality::New Zealand
RE: Boon Polls Most Missed Women in Mortal Kombat X

Sheeva, Sindel and Skarlet are my three favourite females in that order. Would have definitely dropped Sonya, Cassie and Jacqui in favour of them.

Will honestly never understand the hatred Sheeva gets, the first playable Shokan still rules.

allenellaPosted: 04/19/2016 03:22 AMStatus ::

Visits::99

I thought I was only one who thought this.

JohnBoyAdvancePosted: 04/19/2016 03:31 AMStatus ::

Visits::13139
Nationality::United Kingdom

Warbro666 Wrote:

Will honestly never understand the hatred Sheeva gets, the first playable Shokan still rules.

This. I guess its because shes "ewwwww muscle girl." I'd bonk 1998-2001 era Chyna. I said it.

Voted for Sheeva. To be honest I'm surprised she made it to double digits.

Love all the options on the list.

Jade in my mind, while most favourite, cant appear in MKX. Kitana and Tanya (Bo Rai and Jin too) all have staff based styles. Unless its a character skin for Kitana

Sindel and Skarlet are cool beans.

JadedReignPosted: 04/19/2016 08:17 AMStatus ::

Visits::1603
Nationality::United States

Strange.

I rarely saw any Sindels in MK9s online, but as rare as that was, I saw even fewer Skarlets. I remember people griping that she was too hard to use/too technical and her usage dropped SHARPLY the first week after her release. I wouldn't expect a character that had such a debut to score so high.

Poor Sheeva, though. I hope she's in MK11 with some plot relevance. Out of the 20 years or so she's been in the franchise, the most development she's ever got was in some side comic book. I'd like to see her with more of an angle in Kotal's Outworld.

lastfighter89Posted: 04/19/2016 08:22 AMStatus ::

Visits::5252
Nationality::Italy

Warbro666 Wrote:
Sheeva, Sindel and Skarlet are my three favourite females in that order. Would have definitely dropped Sonya, Cassie and Jacqui in favour of them.

In mk3 arcade sheeva was the lowest tier. Plus, she missed some home console versions.
She was a transgendered Goro, really nothing special about her story and moves either. Her skin off Fatality was cool as hell, though.

No surprise she got bad reception, she is easily the worst 2d era character, even worse than Stryker, which is one of my favourites.

frabnPosted: 04/19/2016 02:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::539

Sheeva was pretty bad ass in MK9 and one of my favorite characters to use. Seems like they wanted to develop her further in the comic book, but I don't consider anything from the comic book to be even remotely relevant, so who knows what Sheeva's future holds.

Not surprising Jade won this, but Skarlet caught up quick.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
KenshiMaster16Posted: 04/19/2016 03:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::10101

Rep for Skarlet.

testyourmight2011Posted: 04/19/2016 04:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::341

Both polls are terrible. Should of just been one poll with 10 kharacters and the top 4 come in the next pack along with a stage poll. how do you have a poll n not have fujin rain li mei sareena frost nightwolf. Fujin is the #1 kharacter ppl have been asking for n you dont include him. Yeah boon you guys really listen to your fans lol

ViSilvaPosted: 04/19/2016 04:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::666
Nationality::Brazil

testyourmight2011 Wrote:
Both polls are terrible. Should of just been one poll with 10 kharacters and the top 4 come in the next pack along with a stage poll. how do you have a poll n not have fujin rain li mei sareena frost nightwolf. Fujin is the #1 kharacter ppl have been asking for n you dont include him. Yeah boon you guys really listen to your fans lol

Frost ? Really?

photo sdww2_zpsvmchsi30.png
]{0MBATPosted: 04/19/2016 05:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::13765

Ed Boon With Women.... Am I right?

DarkKard4Posted: 04/19/2016 06:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::3398

testyourmight2011 Wrote:

there is a reason he listed MK9 characters only, do you not see the reason why? seriously. they're going to save those non-mk9 characters for the next game so more effort will be put into them instead of being half-assed

SneakyLizardPosted: 04/19/2016 09:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::1052

I'm glad that Jade was the winner here.

Sucks that Sheeva didn't get enough votes. I think she deserves better.

Tetra_VegaPosted: 04/19/2016 09:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::2420
Nationality::Canada

Growing up, most people hated Sheeva cause she's "ugly".

Y'know, cause fuckability > gameplay/story/common sense/etc...

Ka-Tra

13 YEARS! ^[2004-10 Komics Sig by Siklooted, tyvm]^ [2012-15 Komics *NEW 11/24/2015*] "Circling Vulture, Laughing Hyena" "All good things, in moderation..." "Mean what you say, and say what you mean. You never know, I could be a Djinn..." True story, it happened to a friend of a friend of mine... EVERYBODY!
CODE_umb87Posted: 04/20/2016 01:17 AMStatus ::

Visits::782

Li Mei should be on that list, she was playable in 3 MK games and a npc in 1.....I wouldn't exactly consider that to be a "unpopular character".

oraclePosted: 04/20/2016 02:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::9360

CODE_umb87 Wrote:
Li Mei should be on that list, she was playable in 3 MK games and a npc in 1.....I wouldn't exactly consider that to be a "unpopular character".
I don't think anyone counts MKA tbh.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
JohnBoyAdvancePosted: 04/20/2016 03:45 AMStatus ::

Visits::13139
Nationality::United Kingdom

Tetra_Vega Wrote:

Ka-Tra

Fuckability is the most importing thing. I want Scorpion to look at me in my face with his skulleyes as he fucks me in my fiction.

Then the weird thing was that of all the girls in MK Armageddon - Sheeva generally was seen as having the nicest face.

I do think that one of the problems Sheeva had/has is that her costumes are sling unikinis. Like. I seem to remember people liking her more in her Armageddon costume. So maybe she needs a decent costume? (Same thing happened with Reiko.)

I'd rather have old wierdos than new human people. Drahmin isn't an old wierdo. Moloch is.

Never got on with Li Mei. She was just dull in my mind.

Sareena and Frost are cool.

lordkiracPosted: 04/20/2016 04:09 AMStatus ::

Visits::2119

Tetra_Vega Wrote:

Ka-Tra

I find her very fuckable, but I like Monster Musume so.

This place is dead..and so am I
lastfighter89Posted: 04/20/2016 07:01 AMStatus ::

Visits::5252
Nationality::Italy

Again, Sheeva was a failure for the same reason as Kintaro: a dirty Goro rip off. Her gameplay wasn't that good either. Fuckability has nothing to do.

packetmanPosted: 04/20/2016 10:42 AMStatus ::

Visits::4038

If noob and jade are released in a kp 3 that would be amazing

TheBigCityToiletPosted: 04/20/2016 11:28 AMStatus ::

Visits::841

Tetra_Vega Wrote:

Ka-Tra

I doubt sex appeal mattered. Sheeva was made to be a playable version of Goro, one of the series icons who was monstrous and intimidating.

But Sheeva had Goro's moves with none of his charisma. She had a Audrey II voice, bled green blood for no reason, and she wore a big ol' red thong. She was monstrous, but in more of a sideshow freak kind of way. Part of the problem was MK3's schlocky tone but a lot of it was just how awkward her design was.

Anyway, I want Sindel. Not that I'm a huge fan, but of these four she and Skarlet have the most unique movesets, and Sindel never really got the chance to be fleshed out.

frabnPosted: 04/20/2016 11:49 AMStatus ::

Visits::539

TheBigCityToilet Wrote:
Tetra_Vega Wrote:

Ka-Tra

I doubt sex appeal mattered. Sheeva was made to be a playable version of Goro, one of the series icons who was monstrous and intimidating.

But as it turned out, Sheeva had Goro's moves but none of his charisma. She had a Audrey II voice, bled green blood for no reason, and she wore a thong. She was monstrous, but in more of a sideshow freak kind of way. Part of the problem was MK3's schlocky tone but a lot of it was just how awkward her design was.

Less a thong, more a banana hammock. The green blood was stupid...the cyborgs bleeding blue/black I understood, but introduction of multi-colored blood was a bit annoying in MK3. I couldn't figure why Sheeva bled green. I still find it odd that Reptile bleeds green.

I like Sheeva in MK3 because of her reach...her roundhouse was able to connect from further away than any other character, which made it good for defensive play.

Ultimately, Jade was probably the biggest in terms of sex appeal. She was black or dark hispanic which made the green color contrast nicely against her skin, and the proportions helped of course. then there was that amazing long hair, too. Overall, she was a bad ass to boot. Dominated in UMK3, and was a top fighter in MK9. She needs to be more than just Kitana's sidekick. I was wondering if that whole "warrior goddess" ending she had would somehow come into play.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
Baraka407Posted: 04/20/2016 10:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::8957

Curious why Boon's polling fans. Is it for a KP3 or future reference or just for funsies (or boonsies, I guess)? I also tend to wonder why they're all from MK9. I mean, I guess if they wanted to do an MK9 pack and reuse those assets from MK9, but that seems awfully weak considering that they'd presumably charge money for those characters.

But if they were just going to reimagine those characters anyways, why not include Fujin, Sareena, Li Mei, Reiko and a few other post-trilogy characters as options? Or are they worried they won't sell well, so they stick to trilogy characters (and Skarlet??).

Either way, I hope it amounts to something for MKX. If we get Jade, Skarlet, Noob and Rain out of it, I'd be happy, even if I prefer Baraka or Kabal to Rain.

As for Sheeva, she falls in to that terrible MK3 character design realm for me. Love Kabal, but really disliked how they made most of the other characters look. It all looked way too hokey and costume-y to me. Much more so than any MK game before or since. So for me, she has that going against her.

But as far as MK3 went, I actually enjoyed using her. I think the main thing she had going against her was the fact that Goro and Kintaro were sub bosses. They were designed to be overpowered. It's part of what made them so imposing.

Then it was like "now you get s Goro of your own!" Only she's smaller, she's not overpowered, and she doesn't really have a lot that you haven't seen already from those bigger, cooler characters. Goro Light doesn't really get me psyched. Plus, and maybe this is just me, but I never really dug her story and the whole centaur rivalry.

So yeah, as a kind of novelty, she was fine for one game. But to bring her back, I do think that they should completely overhaul her design, give her a more interesting story and function and really try and make some more fun and interesting moves. MK9 and the comic were solid steps for her, but I still see a lot more potential and a much better character than they've shown in Sheeva so far.

CODE_umb87Posted: 04/20/2016 11:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::782

oracle Wrote:
CODE_umb87 Wrote:
I don't think anyone counts MKA tbh.

Since when does MKA not count???

oraclePosted: 04/21/2016 08:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::9360

CODE_umb87 Wrote:
Since when does MKA not count???
I mean it counts but everybody was playable in it.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Page of 2

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.