ViSilva
About Me

05/21/2016 01:00 AM (UTC)
ClassicSmoke Wrote:
Yeh totally bro. Smoke should come back as a female in MK11!

She-Smoke
Quanchi9
About Me

why

05/21/2016 01:06 AM (UTC)
ViSilva Wrote:
ClassicSmoke Wrote:

She-Smoke

Nah, Enenra already sounds like a woman's name.

And yes, I know that 'enenra' means 'smoke' in Japanese.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

05/21/2016 01:55 AM (UTC)
Voted Skarlet. She actually turned out pretty well considering her origin.

MKX Sonya kinda soured me on Sonya as a whole. I don't know if it's the character specifically, or the fact that Special Forces absolutely dominates the goings-on in MKX, either way, Skarlet captures my imagination more at the moment.
MacyG88
05/21/2016 02:49 AM (UTC)
I really don't get the criticism of this whole "Blade/Cage/Special Forces" thing. In the past, fans complained that characters like Johnny and Sonya added nothing to the story, but now we have ONE game that adressed the issue and suddenly it's "too much?"

Where the fuck was this talk when we had to go through years of Scorpion, Raiden and Shang Tsung being the main players? If the next game focused on Reptile and the revival of the Saurians, will that be "too much" as well?

This isn't about story importance: it's blatant favoritism, pure and simple.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

05/21/2016 02:50 AM (UTC)
Don't care for either honestly, but the fact that Skarlet is winning surprises me. At least I know Sonya has a deep history and the sort. It's crazy to see her lose to a character such as Skarlet.
KenshiMaster16
05/21/2016 03:04 AM (UTC)
Gotta go with Skarlet. Loved the design and the moveset. Close to what Nitara should've been in terms of blood stuff, imo.
ViSilva
About Me

05/21/2016 03:41 AM (UTC)
Quanchi9 Wrote:
ViSilva Wrote:
ClassicSmoke Wrote:

She-Smoke

Nah, Enenra already sounds like a woman's name.

Ok, She-Enenra
mattteo
About Me

05/21/2016 05:55 AM (UTC)
MacyG88 Wrote:
I really don't get the criticism of this whole "Blade/Cage/Special Forces" thing. In the past, fans complained that characters like Johnny and Sonya added nothing to the story, but now we have ONE game that adressed the issue and suddenly it's "too much?"

Where the fuck was this talk when we had to go through years of Scorpion, Raiden and Shang Tsung being the main players? If the next game focused on Reptile and the revival of the Saurians, will that be "too much" as well?

I don't know about others, but for me the entire Cage family is annoying. Their jokes are stupid and they are pushed down our throats as protagonists. Johnny Cage is more intelligent and makes savvy jokes in the presence of an Elder God millions of years old and laughs about bondage in the presence of the ruler of Hell, Quan Chi, who, of course, has no reply, because HEY, it's Johnny Cage and he's always so smart and has the final word.
Sonya is a wannabe dominatrix, symbolizes everything that's wrong with the moral values of women these days.
And they're all just uninteresting. They're just shallow Earthrealm characters who never got me engaged in the story as much as characters from other realms. They don't even have "special" powers, and by special I don't mean a green aura. I mean something "unique" for a character, like Sub-Zero has ice and Kenshi has his sword and Goro has 4 arms. Earthrealm characters are pretty boring in general
MacyG88
05/21/2016 06:28 AM (UTC)
mattteo Wrote:
MacyG88 Wrote:

I don't know about others, but for me the entire Cage family is annoying. Their jokes are stupid and they are pushed down our throats as protagonists. Johnny Cage is more intelligent and makes savvy jokes in the presence of an Elder God millions of years old and laughs about bondage in the presence of the ruler of Hell, Quan Chi, who, of course, has no reply, because HEY, it's Johnny Cage and he's always so smart and has the final word.
Sonya is a wannabe dominatrix, symbolizes everything that's wrong with the moral values of women these days.
And they're all just uninteresting. They're just shallow Earthrealm characters who never got me engaged in the story as much as characters from other realms. They don't even have "special" powers, and by special I don't mean a green aura. I mean something "unique" for a character, like Sub-Zero has ice and Kenshi has his sword and Goro has 4 arms. Earthrealm characters are pretty boring in general

Exactly what I was saying. It's all a matter of opinion. Scorpion is also annoying and pushed down our throats. Scorpion is LESS intelligent and makes dimwitted threats in the presence of a thunder god millions of years old and is the (willing) lapdog for the ruler of Hell, Quan Chi, who, of course, is involved in every backstory under the sun, because HEY, it's Quan Chi and he's so smart and is one step ahead of everyone.

See? It goes both ways. Just because someone has supernatural powers, doesn't always make them an interesting character.

A lot of us like characters not for their magical abilities, but for their story and personality. Jax not only finally got a meaningful plot, but it's someone many can relate to (growing old and feeling useless.)

Why does someone like Scorpion, who has never evolved past 'dead family tragedy' and has the personality of an ansty teen despite being a full-grown adult, gets precedence for nearly all games, but when NR finally decide to change things up for one installment, fans throw a bitch-fit because it's about regular guys with interesting and relatable plots rather than Kunai-throwing fire ninjas and acid-spitting lizard men with personalities of dead fish?

God forbid someone (briefly) caters to different fans when others act like greedy children thinking that their way is gone forever after one little change.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
05/21/2016 07:07 AM (UTC)

Warriors who forged a secret legacy! Cyrax was once an enslaved cyber-organic warrior of the new Lin Kuei. His programming was broken by Sub-Zero, allowing him to turn on his master Sektor with his self-destruct and reboot the clan under Kuai Liang. In the death of Emperor Shao Kahn, Reiko saw opportunity to claim Outworld for himself. Forging alliances with warriors from Havik to Mileena to Skarlet, the cunning warlord manipulated the civil war against the new Emperor Kotal Kahn and the warriors of Earthrealm. Whose legacy leaves a lasting impact? Choose their destiny!... FIGHT!

Quanchi9
About Me

why

05/21/2016 07:10 AM (UTC)
Flipped a coin, don't really care for either of them.

Reiko.
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

05/21/2016 07:11 AM (UTC)
I like both but my vote goes to Reiko this time
MacyG88
05/21/2016 08:54 AM (UTC)
Cyrax is the best cyborg.

Reiko definitely has potential too.
PickleMendip
About Me

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.

05/21/2016 10:39 AM (UTC)
Has to be Cyrax for me. Now, Reiko is someone who i have never dismissed (i.e. as a Shao Kahn clone during the backlash of MK4/gold) because it makes sense that someone as powerful & dominating as Shao would have a general as power-hungry as himself.

However, Cyrax is just cooler. I suppose it's because he has been around more, but I just feel that in terms of 'gimmicks' (bombs, buzzsaw, net) and personality - a good guy cyberized and struggling with the consequences of that - he has more going for him.
mattteo
About Me

05/21/2016 10:52 AM (UTC)
MacyG88 Wrote:
mattteo Wrote:
MacyG88 Wrote:

Exactly what I was saying. It's all a matter of opinion. Scorpion is also annoying and pushed down our throats. Scorpion is LESS intelligent and makes dimwitted threats in the presence of a thunder god millions of years old and is the (willing) lapdog for the ruler of Hell, Quan Chi, who, of course, is involved in every backstory under the sun, because HEY, it's Quan Chi and he's so smart and is one step ahead of everyone.

See? It goes both ways. Just because someone has supernatural powers, doesn't always make them an interesting character.

A lot of us like characters not for their magical abilities, but for their story and personality. Jax not only finally got a meaningful plot, but it's someone many can relate to (growing old and feeling useless.)

Why does someone like Scorpion, who has never evolved past 'dead family tragedy' and has the personality of an ansty teen despite being a full-grown adult, gets precedence for nearly all games, but when NR finally decide to change things up for one installment, fans throw a bitch-fit because it's about regular guys with interesting and relatable plots rather than Kunai-throwing fire ninjas and acid-spitting lizard men with personalities of dead fish?

God forbid someone (briefly) caters to different fans when others act like greedy children thinking that their way is gone forever after one little change.

Just wanted to say that Quan Chi is logically intelligent. He's lived for tens or hundreds of thousands years. Johnny Cage is what? 40 years old? And he has the final word in every conversation. It's absurd. The Johnny va Quan Chi bondage joke is like you or I talking to a 2 year old and him making fun about us with us not saying anything about His wer diapers.
mattteo
About Me

05/21/2016 11:00 AM (UTC)
I guess it's an original trilogu va 3D character. It's easy then for me.
Reiko is one of my favourites and I love what they've done with him in the comics. He has thousands of years of stories to tell. He's been around in the first Shinnok-Raiden war, fought for Shao Kahn in the annexation of Edenia and other realms, fought the Kreeyan blietzkreg war and made bff with Kotal Kahn hundreds of years ago. Battle knowledge, tactical experience- Reiko is a good character.

I guess Cyrax is ok, but Earthrealm characters who aren't thousands of years old are not my thing.
Poasty-Guy
About Me
We've got chicken tonight. Strangest damn things. They're man made.
05/21/2016 11:52 AM (UTC)
Cyrax b/c I've still never played mk4
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

05/21/2016 01:07 PM (UTC)
Cyrax.

I like Reiko, but hold Cyrax more dear.

Also, this is shaping up to be "Supreme Mortal Kombat Underdog Champion Tournament" lol.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

05/21/2016 02:18 PM (UTC)
Reiko because Sektor is better than Cyrax and Reiko should have been in MKX. Injustice (Gods Among Us)!
SneakyLizard
05/21/2016 03:14 PM (UTC)
Reiko for life.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

05/21/2016 03:53 PM (UTC)
Voted Reiko. Never been a big Cyborg guy. Also, as Killswitch said, Reiko should've been in MKX. He played such an instrumental part in the Outworld civil war(which should've been MKX' focus after the Netherealm invasion) and still has tons of room for growth.
phishstix17
05/21/2016 04:02 PM (UTC)
And they're all just uninteresting. They're just shallow Earthrealm characters who never got me engaged in the story as much as characters from other realms. They don't even have "special" powers, and by special I don't mean a green aura. I mean something "unique" for a character... like [how] Kenshi has his sword.

confusedconfusedconfusedconfused

tonguetonguetonguetongue
Blade4693
05/21/2016 04:55 PM (UTC)
Reiko. I love Cyrax but like with Skarlet, Rieko has untapped potential so im rolling with him.
Ooh, another tough one...

I voted for Cyrax.

Ka-Tra
4Charles2014
05/21/2016 06:53 PM (UTC)
Voted Cyrax. He helped me all the the way in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.