Warbro666
06/07/2016 10:54 AM (UTC)
Johnny Cage. As bored as I am with the humans from Earthrealm atm, Johnny is a classic and Taven was ultimately forgettable as a hero.
4Charles2014
06/07/2016 12:18 PM (UTC)
Tommorow: Meat vs Chameleon.
MacyG88
06/07/2016 01:42 PM (UTC)
Quanchi9 Wrote:
MacyG88 Wrote:Taven....there's something about him I just can't grasp. He's a bit of a douche, yet I think he's not that bad. Maybe his costume is too plain? His moves are rather uninspired? I just can't figure it out.

Aren't Taven and Johnny BOTH douches?

Yeah, but Johnny is a likable douche.
PickleMendip
About Me

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.

06/07/2016 03:11 PM (UTC)
MacyG88 Wrote:
Quanchi9 Wrote:Aren't Taven and Johnny BOTH douches?

Yeah, but Johnny is a likable douche.

Taven is an anti-hero, Johnny is a narcissist-turned-champion.

I don't hate Taven, i empathised with his plight, but i still voted for Cage - he's just always been cool, way too cocky, but deep down a good guy.

I also have every JC card in the app. Silver JC was the first silver card i owned, the second or third card i got to fusion 7 & the first card i got to level 50.I'm well and truly on the Cage bandwagon.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

06/07/2016 03:33 PM (UTC)
I voted JC.

He's not as much fun to me as he was in MK9. Which is kinda ironic considering he's arguably the best character in the game atm lol. But he's solidified alumni and as annoying as he can be, that won't change. He's made his mark.

Even though I actually liked Taven, he was rather barebones.
heroofthedawn
06/07/2016 04:49 PM (UTC)
I choose Taven.
Johnny gets all the savvy lines just to look cool. I find it soo forced.

On the other hand, I liked Taven's tragic past and his wanderings in the new world in Armageddon
heroofthedawn
06/07/2016 04:50 PM (UTC)
Quanchi9 Wrote:
Moveset: Johnny Cage. I've always enjoyed playing as him, while Taven is boring as fuck.

Personality: This one's almost too obvious.

Design: Johnny Cage.

Finishers: Taven has no finishers, so Mr. Carlton.

Backstory: Johnny Cage doesn't really have a backstory at all, so Taven I guess.

In a fight: Johnny Cage.

The ball-breaker wins against the son of Argus 5-1.

Do you really think Johnny Cage would beat Taven in an actual fight??
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/07/2016 05:09 PM (UTC)
heroofthedawn Wrote:
Quanchi9 Wrote:
Moveset: Johnny Cage. I've always enjoyed playing as him, while Taven is boring as fuck.

Personality: This one's almost too obvious.

Design: Johnny Cage.

Finishers: Taven has no finishers, so Mr. Carlton.

Backstory: Johnny Cage doesn't really have a backstory at all, so Taven I guess.

In a fight: Johnny Cage.

The ball-breaker wins against the son of Argus 5-1.

Do you really think Johnny Cage would beat Taven in an actual fight??

Hey, he beat Shinnok.
TheBigCityToilet
06/07/2016 08:53 PM (UTC)
NRS fouled up Taven's debut. In a game whose selling point was "Now you can have your favorite dream matches!" they added, "But try to focus on this completely new person who came out of nowhere." Even if his ending in Armageddon were canon (I know it isn't), he only made everything worse.

Plus, it was narratively stupid for them to switch perspectives from Shujinko to Taven so quickly, especially after hyping up Shujinko as the New Liu Kang. I'm not a Shujinko fan or anything, but that's very jarring!

Going with Johnny. If I were to rank MK characters from top to bottom, he'd probably only be top 20, but that's higher than Taven.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/08/2016 02:49 AM (UTC)
We haven't seen:

Kung Jin
D'Vorah
Shao Kahn
Nightwolf
Chameleon
Baraka

One of those characters won't be in, and I feel like it might be Nightwolf.
MacyG88
06/08/2016 05:30 AM (UTC)
Quanchi9 Wrote:
We haven't seen:

Kung Jin
D'Vorah
Shao Kahn
Nightwolf
Chameleon
Baraka

One of those characters won't be in, and I feel like it might be Nightwolf.

I'll take Nightwolf over any of those guys.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/08/2016 06:30 AM (UTC)

A brutal grudge match! Baraka may be a savage mutant of the Tarkatan horde, but his kombat skills have made him a valuable ally to whomever he swears allegiance. Serving Mileena during unrest in Outworld, his blades are pointed at anyone who challenges her rule. D'Vorah may walk with hidden purpose, but she serves the rebel Emperor Kotal Kahn never the less. Unusually faithful for a Kytinn warrior, this minister of mortal kombat has no trouble sinking her insectoid barbs into the competition! Their animal attacks threaten fatality, but who strikes the killing impalement? Choose their destiny!... FIGHT!

Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/08/2016 06:34 AM (UTC)
Moveset: Baraka.

Personality: D'Vorah.

Design: Baraka's had some really cool designs.

Finishers: Baraka.

Backstory: D'Vorah.

In a fight: Gee, I wonder...

(Tie-breaker) Potential: D'Vorah

The bug lady wins against the Tarkatan general 4-3.

Kung Jin vs Chameleon is probably up next.
Warbro666
06/08/2016 06:35 AM (UTC)
D'Vorah is cool. Baraka is better.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

06/08/2016 06:44 AM (UTC)
Mick, you did this on purpose.
MacyG88
06/08/2016 06:54 AM (UTC)
D'vorah.

Baraka's been lame for years.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

06/08/2016 07:05 AM (UTC)
D'vorah.

Ever since Deception, where it became apparent that Baraka's entire race are all identical Baraki themselves, I've had -zero- interest in Baraka. He and the rest of the Baraki are a cool species but D'Vorah's first appearance was one of the best and most interesting new character introductions. Baraka died a dim-witted lackey neanderthal...always the mindless brute enforcer. There's a million more exactly like him, and any single one of them can take his place. Even thougj he is an iconic, classic character from the immortal MK2, he's a character that has very little to offer. He was by far one of the most expendable characters on the roster, and if he never comes back, I won't miss him for a second.

Also, D'Vorah killed Baraka. Killed him dead. Real dead.
ddill
06/08/2016 07:34 AM (UTC)
D'Vorah has my vote. She's flat out awesome in MKX and I love playing as her. I hope Nitara isn't excluded from this years tournament.
redman
06/08/2016 09:12 AM (UTC)
Baraka. He's a classic, and as much as people shit on him for being a jobber, he's still fucking awesome in my book. D'Vorah had potential, but was ultimately a pretty generic villain who serves as the Tanya of this game, not too interesting imo.
MKKitana
06/08/2016 12:03 PM (UTC)
Missed a whole load of these, but voted in a few, but my votes have/would have gone as follows

Sub-Zero
Tanya
Shujinko
Scorpion
Shinnok
Mileena
Ferra/Torr
Kitana
Smoke
Khameleon
Stryker
Skarlet
Cyrax
Kotal Kahn
Kai
Sindel
Jacqui Briggs
Kintaro
Sareena
Kung Lao
Shang Tsung
Drahmin
Kano
Kenshi
Fujin
Tasia
Hsu Hao
Erron Black
Taven
D'Vorah

So who are all missing so far???
Ashrah, Chameleon, Dairou, Darrius, Kobra, Kira, Kung Jin, Meat, Mokap, Motaro, Nightwolf, Nitara, Onaga, Shao Khan...........anyone else?

Im hoping the last three are made up of Kung Jin, Nitara and Nightwolf.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

06/08/2016 12:03 PM (UTC)
I still have fond memories of the first time I played baraka in MK2. I enjoyed pretty much everything about him. And this...

is still one of the coolest fatalities of that era. Over time, Baraka has kind of lost his luster, and in MK9, went full grunt mode.

D'vorah is one of the most interesting additions to the roster in a long time. She is as conniving as Tanya, and appeals to me in a lot of the same ways that Baraka did in MK2. Tough one, but the vote goes to D'vorah.
PickleMendip
About Me

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.

06/08/2016 12:59 PM (UTC)
D'Vorah. She's more disgusting in her own quirky way, and although i hate Swarm Queen variation, she plays well. Baraka I am also bored with, but i did enjoy his MKvsDC presence. It was the first time he had been seen with such extreme teeth, and he was one of just two characters to use stances.
The_TooCool_Master
06/08/2016 01:03 PM (UTC)
Well, we're asked to compare the characters based on their latest outing and considering D'Vorah killed Baraka...
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/08/2016 01:57 PM (UTC)
Detox Wrote:
I still have fond memories of the first time I played baraka in MK2. I enjoyed pretty much everything about him. And this...

is still one of the coolest fatalities of that era. Over time, Baraka has kind of lost his luster, and in MK9, went full grunt mode.

D'vorah is one of the most interesting additions to the roster in a long time. She is as conniving as Tanya, and appeals to me in a lot of the same ways that Baraka did in MK2. Tough one, but the vote goes to D'vorah.

I can't deny how fucking awesome that fatality is.

It's also pretty terrifying. Imagine some monster with insane teeth and arm swords IMPALES you. You're being held up by his blades, as HE LOOKS YOU IN THE EYES as you slowly slide down the swords. In your last dying moments, you're forced to look at that ugly, sadistic face while in agonizing pain.

Did I give too much detail?
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

06/08/2016 03:14 PM (UTC)
Quanchi9 Wrote:
Detox Wrote:

I can't deny how fucking awesome that fatality is.

It's also pretty terrifying. Imagine some monster with insane teeth and arm swords IMPALES you. You're being held up by his blades, as HE LOOKS YOU IN THE EYES as you slowly slide down the swords. In your last dying moments, you're forced to look at that ugly, sadistic face while in agonizing pain.

Did I give too much detail?

Ha! Nah, that's what makes it so great.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.