JasonVPred
About Me

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

06/17/2016 12:01 PM (UTC)
mattteo Wrote:
Kotal Kahn all the way. He's actually an interesting character from the realm that most matters: Outworld.

If you guys play Mortal Kombat for the so overused story of human cyborgs and love Earthrealm characters more than Outworld characters, then this game has lost its essence.

I would have voted for Kotal Kahn over Cyrax, if he did not act hypocritical against Earthrealm's security procedures and stupidly when he grovels before Shinnok; so if Kotal remained a somewhat competent leader at the end of MKX, then I would have given him my vote. In concept Kotal is perfect and as a new character he is extremely unique.

Cyrax is pretty high up on my list of favourite characters, so the fact that Kotal almost got my vote is quite surprising.
MrMephistopheles
06/17/2016 01:36 PM (UTC)
Kotal Kahn is easily one of the best new characters in a long time. So many interesting dimensions to him. He's a great warrior and has a lot of honor. I think some people are confusing diplomacy and honor for "cowardice" or stupidity. The guy is an interesting leader and just a great new character surrounded by a lot of other cool characters and story. I just wish he was as fun to play as everything else about him.

Cyrax got a hero moment in the comic, but he exploded and died. Not even in the game. If I was gonna vote for Cyrax, I'd vote for Triborg. Kotal Kahn is in the game and awesome. Easy to pick the winner in 2016.
Warbro666
06/17/2016 01:37 PM (UTC)
mattteo Wrote:
Kotal Kahn all the way. He's actually an interesting character from the realm that most matters: Outworld.

If you guys play Mortal Kombat for the so overused story of human cyborgs and love Earthrealm characters more than Outworld characters, then this game has lost its essence.

What a joke.

Voted Cyrax.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/17/2016 02:28 PM (UTC)
Gameplay: The only time I've enjoyed playing as Cyrax was in MK9, so Kotal Kahn.

Personality: Kotal Kahn. Cyrax is a cyborg. That's about it.

Design: Oh please, Cyrax's design is so boring! Kotal Kahn all the way on this one.

Finishers: As good as Kotal's were, I'm going to have to go with Cyrax on this one.

Backstory: Cyrax was a human turned cyborg. How interesting. Nope, Kotal Kahn takes this one.

In a fight: Kotal Kahn, come on.

The Osh-Tekk emperor gets my vote over cybernetic mustard 5-1.
mattteo
About Me

06/17/2016 04:34 PM (UTC)
unleash_your_tounge Wrote:
Yeah Matteo, calm your tits. No need to trivialize an aspect of the game (that others enjoy) just because you personally don't find it appealing.

I voted Kotal.

I was just saying. It's a forum

Didn't mean to offend anyone
ViSilva
About Me

06/17/2016 05:16 PM (UTC)
SwingBatta Wrote:
Both are a waste of space in the series, but in the end I voted Frost. I warmed up to her ever so slightly because of her modernized appearance in the comic, but her out-of-nowhere MKX cameo was just ridiculous.

Skarlet...adios. She's far more irrelevant to the games that it took nearly two decades for her to finally appear in a game. Did like her design in the comic, though.

Irrelevant or not, she did more thing than (Erron Black, Jacqui Briggs, Kung Jin, Ferra / Torr)
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

06/17/2016 05:38 PM (UTC)
Tough choice, but I choose Kotal Kahn.

I agree with the consensus that he is easily one of the best and most unique new characters in the series (even if does look too much like Ogre from Tekken, but f--- Tekken). I only wish his in-game persona was the same as his comic book persona. In the comic, he was far more noble, diplomatic and willing to work with Earthrealm. In the game he seems outright aggressive and oafish. Still, one of my favorites of the new cast.

Cyrax has always been a long-time favorite of mine, and his human appearance in MK9 was a huge bonus. I loved the fact that the human version and cyborg version of Cyrax both performed their special moves differently. It was also very interesting to see his backstory play out - he was reluctant to join the cyber initiative like Smoke and Sub-Zero.

Still, I say Kotal over Cyrax. One of the best new additions to the series.
SneakyLizard
06/17/2016 08:00 PM (UTC)
I chose Cyrax. I wonder if the souls of both him and Sektor are even in the Netherrealm after they died. Not saying they became revenants or whatnot, but ya know.
SneakyLizard
06/17/2016 08:02 PM (UTC)
ViSilva Wrote:
SwingBatta Wrote:
Both are a waste of space in the series, but in the end I voted Frost. I warmed up to her ever so slightly because of her modernized appearance in the comic, but her out-of-nowhere MKX cameo was just ridiculous.

Skarlet...adios. She's far more irrelevant to the games that it took nearly two decades for her to finally appear in a game. Did like her design in the comic, though.

Irrelevant or not, she did more thing than (Erron Black, Jacqui Briggs, Kung Jin, Ferra / Torr)

Agreed. Frost and Skarlet deserve better.
SwingBatta
06/17/2016 09:52 PM (UTC)
Kotal Kahn by a mile. The new characters who weren't the Kombat Kids were by far the best addition to the series, and I love how he's not a raving megalomaniacal lunatic like his predecessor (Shao, of course). He's an untapped mine of potential.

Cyrax, on the other hand, is pretty played out. His peak story-wise was in MK9. (And Triborg...really?)
Love both, but I voted for Kotal.

Loved finally seeing Human Cyrax/Sektor in MK9, though.

Ka-Tra
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

06/18/2016 12:10 AM (UTC)
C'mon Kotal!

So close!
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/18/2016 01:22 AM (UTC)
Kotal Kahn making a comeback!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/18/2016 07:24 AM (UTC)

Round 2! Missing in action! Kai is a member of the White Lotus Society who travelled to far eastern Asia to learn the fighting arts from the great masters. Where the warrior wanders is unknown, but he surely fights to protect the light. Noob Saibot was once the Lin Kuei warrior Bi-Han. Reborn in the Netherrealm after his death, he serves the whims of Quan Chi and the Brotherhood of the Shadow as a deadly revenant. Consumed by the purity of a soulnado, the nature of his existence is now unknown. In another reality they were two sides of the war. Who emerges from obscurity? Choose their destiny!... FIGHT!

PickleMendip
About Me

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.

06/18/2016 07:41 AM (UTC)
Accidentally clicked Kai instead of Noob FFS
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/18/2016 02:00 PM (UTC)
Gameplay: Noob Saibot. I actually kinda thought Kai was fun to play as in both MK4 and MKA, but I've had miles more fun with Noob.

Personality: Bi-Han. Anything's better than the MK4 endings.

Design: I'm fond of both the tiger stripes on Kai's design and Noob Saibot's design. I'll call it a tie on this one.

Finishers: Make a Wish. Need I say more?

Backstory: Noob Saibot by far. He had a whole game for his backstory. While it was shitty, it's still more than what Kai has to offer.

In a fight: Noob Saibot, probably.

The original Sub-Zero gets my vote over the soul-seeking fuckface 5-0-1.
WalletSwap
06/18/2016 04:24 PM (UTC)
Characters debuted from MK4 and onwards will never stand a chance against trilogy ninjas.

Cpt. Obvious has reported. tongue
SneakyLizard
06/18/2016 05:57 PM (UTC)
Even though he's gonna lose this one, I voted for Kai anyways.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/18/2016 07:27 PM (UTC)
WalletSwap Wrote:
Characters debuted from MK4 and onwards will never stand a chance against trilogy ninjas.

That's EXACTLY why Fujin won the fourth one.
WalletSwap
06/18/2016 08:26 PM (UTC)
Quanchi9 Wrote:
WalletSwap Wrote:

That's EXACTLY why Fujin won the fourth one.

Fujin's first debut is in MKMSZ, also he is one of the elemental gods. I'm sure if another elemental god to be teased somewhere in the future you'll just watch the hype. (Remember the "elemental" DLC ninja we got) Vocal fraction of MK fandom are gotta be symmetry addicts or something lol.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

06/18/2016 08:55 PM (UTC)
Ayyy Noob with that 66.6% lol

Also, voted Noob.
SwingBatta
06/18/2016 09:26 PM (UTC)
Noob Saibot's lasting popularity only stems from the fact that he's the first Sub-Zero. That's it. Anyhoo, I voted Kai, who's much more threadbare in terms of story but I'd like to see some fresh faces advance for a change.

Then again, I shouldn't expect much innovation from a competition that chose Cyrax over Kotal Kahn.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

06/19/2016 03:49 AM (UTC)
Hmm...

One of the most forgettable, inconsequential and bland characters to ever appear in Mortal Kombat, or one of the most sinister, mysterious villains with a well-developed backstory, one of the best revelations in the series, inexplicably and stupidly missing from MKX?

Not even a moment's hesitation. Noob Saibot all the way.

Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/19/2016 06:45 AM (UTC)

Round 2! The components that bring death! Ermac is the synthesis of a single being wielding the power of life itself! Comprised of countless souls of defeated warriors, he combines their spiritual energy to deal death to anyone who opposes his masters! Tremor is the rock skinned warrior wielding the power of the land! Stirring the very ground beneath his opponents feet, he uses the landscape to destroy anyone who opposes the Black Dragon! Two warriors capable of toppling armies - but whose strength is greatest?... FIGHT!

mattteo
About Me

06/19/2016 07:03 AM (UTC)
I loved Ermac in MKX. He's like this desert sorcerer.
+ He's partly Kitana's and Mileena's father ;))) so that alone makes him interesting
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.