KenshiMaster16
07/12/2016 03:02 AM (UTC)
At this point I just want Fujin to lose simply because I don't wanna read a years worth of bitching and moaning.
Warbro666
07/12/2016 04:35 AM (UTC)
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:
At this point I just want Fujin to lose simply because I don't wanna read a years worth of bitching and moaning.

You'll read it regardless. There's a reason why members of every other fighting game forum avoid this place. The constant negativity and shitty attitude of a vast group of members is incredibly off putting. This is supposed to be a fun contest to generate discussion, instead it gets turned into "this character is shit and you're a cunt and my opinion is more valid than yours because I wasted a few hundred quarters playing the arcades years ago".

If it weren't for a few members like you, Detox, Blade, Killswitch, Macy, Imperatrix and whoever else actually has an ounce of something positive to say once in a while this place would truly be dead.
Poasty-Guy
About Me
We've got chicken tonight. Strangest damn things. They're man made.
07/12/2016 04:52 AM (UTC)
Warbro666 Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

You'll read it regardless. There's a reason why members of every other fighting game forum avoid this place. The constant negativity and shitty attitude of a vast group of members is incredibly off putting. This is supposed to be a fun contest to generate discussion, instead it gets turned into "this character is shit and you're a cunt and my opinion is more valid than yours because I wasted a few hundred quarters playing the arcades years ago".

If it weren't for a few members like you, Detox, Blade, Killswitch, Macy, Imperatrix, POASTY and whoever else actually has an ounce of something positive to say once in a while this place would truly be dead.

thx bro
lordkirac
About Me

God of War is Back!

07/12/2016 05:01 AM (UTC)
Poasty-Guy Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

If it weren't for a few members like you, Detox, Blade, Killswitch, Macy, Imperatrix, POASTY and whoever else actually has an ounce of something positive to say once in a while this place would truly be dead.

thx bro

This place has a nice old charm to it. You guys and girls are koolglasses
KenshiMaster16
07/12/2016 05:14 AM (UTC)
Warbro666 Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

If it weren't for a few members like you, Detox, Blade, Killswitch, Macy, Imperatrix and whoever else actually has an ounce of something positive to say once in a while this place would truly be dead.

LOL Aint that the damn truth.
Warbro666
07/12/2016 05:43 AM (UTC)
Poasty-Guy Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

thx bro

Soz Poasty. Much love to my Canadian brethren <3
Poasty-Guy
About Me
We've got chicken tonight. Strangest damn things. They're man made.
07/12/2016 05:59 AM (UTC)
lordkirac Wrote:
Poasty-Guy Wrote:
Warbro666 Wrote:
KenshiMaster16 Wrote:

thx bro

This place has a nice old charm to it. You guys and girls are koolglasses

Most of the "old time charm" is the POS forum base.

I love inputting HTML manually in 2016 it's like my favourite fucking thing
MacyG88
07/12/2016 07:13 AM (UTC)
At the end of the day, you really have to ask yourself:

"Is it worth slowly killing myself with pure, negative energy over a fictitious character who'll be around long after I'm dead?"

I think you know the answer.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

07/12/2016 07:51 AM (UTC)
"I want you to remember, Fujin... In all the years to come... in your most private moments... I want you to remember my hand at your throat... I want you to remember the one man who beat you..."

Well, see you all in a year when Injustice II is out.
wilson16
07/12/2016 07:53 AM (UTC)
mattteo Wrote:
Quanchi9 Wrote:
Congratulations everybody, you managed to whittle it down to two characters that are completely irrelevant to MKX. Not once have I voted for Fujin in this entire shindig, and I'm not about to. I vote for Boob Saibutt.

mattteo Wrote:
Fujin.
Every argument against Fujin also stands against Noob Saibot. 1 game wonder? What's Noob if not a 2-game wonder?

A 6-game wonder, actually, if you don't count Armageddon. 7 games, if you wanna count the GBA port of Deadly Alliance. 8 if you felt like counting Mythologies.

He was in:

MK1 (Technically.)
MK2
MK3
MK4
MKD (Noob-Smoke)
MK9

Also Mick, clicking on the championship link puts me on page 16 of this tournament.

Really?? Are you gonna have this argument with me?
In MK 1 and 2 it was Sub-Zero. Sub-Zero!! I don't care if you call him Bi Han or Kuai Liang, the playable character was Subzzzzzero.
In MK4 Noob Saibot appeared just as much as Fujin in MKX. Nobody bought that version of the game to play as him. I want to hear it from the other guys. Did anyone play as Noob in MK4? No? Thank you.

And MK 9 is just his MK Trilogy appearance counted twice. He did exactly the same things, had exactly the same character development, so...copy-pasted.

Therefore, my point stands: a 2 game wonder. I like him actually, he's a leader, I gave him a wonderful arc in my imagined future MK 11 plot. It's on youtube if you want to watch it, but I like Fujin too and he's done just as much in the MK world as Noob Saibot. We'll count the lines of dialogue each of them had if you want, and you'll see that they're of similar importance. Fujin may actually have more after the MKX comic.

Pretty sure he was noob in mk2, he was a hidden fighter along with jade and smoke (showing my age).
PickleMendip
About Me

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.

07/12/2016 07:59 AM (UTC)
I think that one of the problems here was the starting group of 64 characters. Mick tried to introduce diversity, and fair enough, but original trilogy characters, new 3D era characters, and forgettable interim characters (Tasia, Dark Kahn) aren't going to mix well. Also, having so many characters to choose from, and leaving some out to make the exact number, isn't representative of the whole MK universe. Now, i'm not suggesting a tourney with 128 characters, because round 1 would last a year in itself, but maybe there should be a way to separate them into categories to avoid the whole 'nostalgia fanboyism' effect overriding actual discussions & debates over which character truly is more liked given their own merits.
Warbro666
07/12/2016 09:58 AM (UTC)
Pretty stoked Bi-Han won. The last two years have been good tournaments. I felt Shao Kahn was missing from the tournament this year but otherwise I enjoyed it! I legitimately hope both finalists are playable again in the near future. I've actually been having fun playing MK: Unchained after I was inspired by some of the match-ups and makes me realise that Chess Kombat definitely needs to come back in a future installment.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

07/12/2016 10:27 AM (UTC)
Hey Mick, do you plan on doing a tag tournament?

Please?
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

07/12/2016 11:57 AM (UTC)
Warbro666 Wrote:

SwingBatta
07/12/2016 02:16 PM (UTC)
And another tourney comes to an end. This one went by FAST, I swear. I'm certainly not dissatisfied with the result, and if I'm correct, it's the biggest margin of victory in a final the history of this thing. (Right, Mick...?)

But damn, it would've been nice to see Johnny Cage reach the semis.
Luuks
About Me

07/12/2016 06:06 PM (UTC)
Funny how my guess was right! Haha predictable and again a female is not in the grand finals. Never will be!
mattteo
About Me

07/12/2016 06:20 PM (UTC)
The thing that remains is that the Fujin haters who will enter the "Supreme Champion" subforum tomorrow will see Fujin's picture colored and Noob Saibot's picture blackened grin And it's gonna stay like that for the whole year! I feel someheart attacks coming before they get to scroll down and see the actual result ;)))

It was a good fight put up by Fujin. Having a 3D character in the final 2 and another one in the first 8, here on mko, the site with probably the most 3D era haters.....it just shows that there are people who love these characters and they'd grow just as the trilogy ones if promoted likewise. I can't wait to see Fujin, Kenshi, Reiko, Havik, Ashrah, Taven, Daegon, Sareena, and Li Mei in MK11!

Congratulations to Noob Saibot, he is a strong character, deserved the win! Good fun tournament! Congrats to all MK fans! And take things easier, it's just a game
diirecthit
07/12/2016 06:33 PM (UTC)
Luuks Wrote:
Funny how my guess was right! Haha predictable and again a female is not in the grand finals. Never will be!

Why isn't it so imprtant? Are you one of those people OBSESSED with female characters just because they are female?
Luuks
About Me

07/12/2016 07:02 PM (UTC)
diirecthit Wrote:
Luuks Wrote:

Why isn't it so imprtant? Are you one of those people OBSESSED with female characters just because they are female?

2 of my favs are females gringringrin
I don't care about this statement, but i just tryin to do my thing haha

But think about what I am going to ask.
Can u imagine MK without female? I don't. And it's because I like the difference between girls and boys at some points, I like the plural. And, I think females more charismatic than males, in general.
diirecthit
07/12/2016 08:30 PM (UTC)
Luuks Wrote:
diirecthit Wrote:
Luuks Wrote:

2 of my favs are females gringringrin
I don't care about this statement, but i just tryin to do my thing haha

But think about what I am going to ask.
Can u imagine MK without female? I don't. And it's because I like the difference between girls and boys at some points, I like the plural. And, I think females more charismatic than males, in general.

My favorite MK character is female, but i don't see why do we need a female in the finals just because.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
07/13/2016 07:35 AM (UTC)
Another year, another Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion. Internally, Noob Saibot was a reluctant staff prediction to win. Along with a history of strong performances and cult fandom, its been the premature fixation with what comes next that drove that expectation. Noob won Boons poll very comfortably. A surprising number of fans have expected more MKX DLC in spite of MKXL. This belief persists, which may have helped slow expected blowback against Fujin.

Even though a lot of fans were distracted by other things, this year was all about MKX one year later, Mortal Kombat XL, and settling impressions. Further down the rankings we definitely saw changes that reflected fading enthusiasm for some things, and levelling out of others. Again, an unprecedented focus on what isn't there played out, as well.

The biggest improver of 2016 was Takeda who finished +16 ranks. He was closely followed by Tremor +11 - who was still fairly new during last year's tournament, and Jax, Havik and Bo'Rai Cho who each climbed +10 ranks. Havik's long running cult fandom was boosted by a major role in the comics and an obvious interest in his return. Coming off one of his best appearances in the series, Jax was a welcome challenger to Fujin's run to the finals. Bo' Rai Cho picked up his first Supreme Tournament win - fitting given his actual existence as a new arrival in MKXL.

The biggest change from this year's tournament was Jacqui Briggs, who plummeted -19 ranks. A stronger start out of the wrapper melted away under a tough draw. Sektor was next down -7 ranks, -6 for Blaze, and -5 for Kintaro.

There were two newcomers to this year's tournament: Triborg, introduced as DLC and in MKXL just a few months ago, debuted at #57. He had a tough task against Smoke, who, despite being largely irrelevant right now, always holds a strong cult following. The other new addition was Dark Kahn - a nod to the announcement of Injustice 2. Dark Kahn debuts at #67 - his own character, even though his inclusion came with the opportune drop of Shao Kahn, who fell out of the Top 16 as a result of last year's tournament.

There was A LOT of activity in the Top 16 this year! With the tournament concluded, 13 are not in the same rank they came in with! This comes with the exit of 2 characters who were part of this year's Top 16! If we continue with the sweet sixteen guaranteed return, there should be some small surprises in the make-up next year.

With 60.2% at the time the result was called, Noob Saibot is indeed the biggest winner to date. It was arguably the only one-sided result, outpacing Ermac in 2014 with 53%. It won't go down as one of the best tournaments, but it certainly had its noteworthy moments.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

07/13/2016 07:54 AM (UTC)
Maybe next year, Baraka. Maybe next year.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

07/13/2016 09:09 AM (UTC)
[Killswitch] Wrote:
Maybe next year, Baraka. Maybe next year.

Definitely not.
Blade4693
07/13/2016 02:26 PM (UTC)
So Noob won? Awesome :) It's a shame we missed him in MKX but I have a feeling they might have been saving him for MK11, same with Jade and Human/rev Smoke.
AgentK
About Me
07/13/2016 03:38 PM (UTC)
Maybe next year Kitana, maybe next year.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.