Blade4693
05/16/2016 02:49 PM (UTC)
CaTigeReptile Wrote:
Blade4693 Wrote:
Mileena. Hotaru (along with Dairou) is my least favorite MK character.

Good, I've always wanted to ask someone with that opinion - and I do respect that opinion, but I've always wondered . . . what about characters like, hmm . . . Jarek? Kai? Kobra? Drahmin? Hsu Hao? Reiko? Meat? Moloch? Mokap? Daegon? Chameleon?

Jarek - I don't really care for. That's not to say he couldn't get revamping and be an ok character, but as of his MK4 and MKA self, I don't really care about him.

Kai - He wasn't bad. I liked him in MK4 tbh. He is not going to be in my top 10 or anything, but I don't dislike him.

Kobra - Well, I don't even like the character in which he is kind of modeled after, so you can probably imagine how I feel about him lol

Drahmin - I love Drahmin. He is one of my favorite 3D era characters. I would love to see him make a playable comeback.

Hsu Hao - I never liked him, even as a kid I didn't like him for some reason.

Reiko - I like Reiko. I think he could be a cool character, and the MKX comics kind of explored what he could be, like an actual character that matters and be relevant to what is going on.

Meat - I won't like, I kind of liked him in MKA. Even if he is just a joke character, I think he fits in with MK's style of quirkiness.

Moloch - I like him. I think he could have been an awesome sub-boss in the newer games. I think he was really held back by the time he was introduced.

Daegon - I don't mind him, I definitely like him more than Taven. He is another character that I think could be made into a central character. He created the red dragon, this guy should be important..oh and he is the son of Argus? Yeah, this guy should be a big deal lol

Chameleon - I like him. The only problem is he is I think he is going to need a new gimmick if he is going to be in another MK game. I just can't see them putting him in a modern MK game with recycled specials from other main characters.

As for who I voted for this round, gotta go with Kitana. Sheeva used to terrify me as a kid in MK Trilogy, so we have a bad past lmaoooo
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

05/16/2016 03:10 PM (UTC)
Sheeva yo.
SneakyLizard
05/16/2016 03:27 PM (UTC)
krajax Wrote:
Sheeva has strength on her side, but she's no match for Kitana's speed and deadly kombat experience so I'm going for Kitana.

I agree with everyone else about Kitana's character being screwed over in this new timeline. She's less likable than the original Kitana where she was planning to overthrow Shao Kahn all this time and free her realm plus lead a preemptive strike against Shao Kahn with a fucking army in Deadly Alliance.

I actually like Sheeva and the direction they gave her as Queen of the Shokan in the new timeline. She's a lot better than being a simple jobber. Would be a shame if she won't in MK11.

I agree. Sheeva was made awesome in the comics. Plus, I love the outfit they gave her. It makes her look like a true warrior. Nothing against her original outfit, I just really love her comic outfit the best. I hope they use it in future games.
Warbro666
05/16/2016 06:43 PM (UTC)
Sheeva! Kitana sucks.
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

05/16/2016 07:29 PM (UTC)
I really liked Kitana in MKX, at least design and gameplay-wise. She never looked or played better. But, I vote for Sheeva. She deserves a chance and Kitana had plenty.
PickleMendip
About Me

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.

05/16/2016 08:36 PM (UTC)
I'm having a tough choice here - As much as i love Kitty and have done for so many years, her unique weapon, her agile playstyle and her strength of character (mostly original timeline for that last one), Sheeva is a powerhouse. She is the only character i was able to beat MK3 with for the longest time, all arms flying about throwing punches everywhere. She felt very generic in MKA but she got her groove back in MK9 and i only wish her control mapping was less apt to confusion.

1,2,b+1
1,b+2, f+1
b+1, 2, 1+2

Storywise, even as a jobber, Sheeva is pretty strong, getting beaten a lot but still alive, unlike Kitana, whose story has most definitely taken a turn down victim road, and now she and Liu et al are stuck because of circumstances beyond their control. Not really the typical 'hero' route, but there is now room for an anti-hero angle which could be interesting.

GOing to have to go with Kitana - MKX has done amazing things for her in terms of gameplay. Her variations all are quite strong and she has some catty intro dialogue.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

05/16/2016 10:15 PM (UTC)
Hmm, gee.. real hard decision here.

Should I vote for the character that actually has a unique character and moveset, and is considered one of the classics, or a character that basically only exists because rule 63?

I think I'll go with Kitana on this one. Sheeva's a horrible character.

Fun Fact: Sheeva is at the bottom of the tier list in every game she's been in. Basically, she's fucking horrible.

Also, I like how Krajax takes who would win an actual fight between the two characters into account when they vote. I kinda wanna do that next round, now.
Poasty-Guy
About Me
We've got chicken tonight. Strangest damn things. They're man made.
05/17/2016 01:23 AM (UTC)
Let's just say that i'm a "fan" of Kitana

LOL!
SneakyLizard
05/17/2016 02:29 AM (UTC)
Warbro666 Wrote:
Sheeva! Kitana sucks.

Finally, someone that hates Kitana. She can go suck Hsu Hao's d*** in Hell.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
05/17/2016 03:53 AM (UTC)
Lets try to keep our deranged hatred for video game characters classy, guys.
Zebron
About Me
"Not the first to say it in this thread, but when Bo Rai Cho is the high point of the new character selection, they did something really wrong." -Gillbob316
05/17/2016 04:20 AM (UTC)
Poor Sheeva. She never stood a chance.
KenshiMaster16
05/17/2016 04:35 AM (UTC)
Zebron Wrote:

Lol this.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

05/17/2016 05:07 AM (UTC)
Zebron Wrote:

Not even in the tier list.

She's ALWAYS at the bottom. By the way, I don't understand why Sheeva has ANY votes. Everything special about her came out of a different character.
Ninja_Mime
05/17/2016 05:55 AM (UTC)
I've always liked Sheeva but Kitana's the best she's ever been in the new game and for the first time I'm actually interested to see where they take her next. She'd be an appropriate choice for the first female boss character if they end up going that route with her and Liu Kang.

Poasty-Guy Wrote:
Let's just say that i'm a "fan" of Kitana

LOL!

LMAO
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
05/17/2016 06:28 AM (UTC)

A new warrior enters the tournament!... In another life, Smoke was destined to become a Lin Kuei cyborg. Instead, he escaped automation - only to be slain in the fight against Outworld invasion. Triborg is a gestalt artificial intelligence created accidentally from the Lin Kuei cyber initiative files. Downloaded into a body by Special Forces agents - the combined personality data of Sektor, Cyrax and Smoke merged to create a cold metallic killer! Also possessing the fighting skills of Sub-Zero - Triborg is an assassin army in one robotic body! Who endures when a revenant enenra is faced by his own powers in a war machine?... FIGHT!

Quanchi9
About Me

why

05/17/2016 07:22 AM (UTC)
Smoke.
SneakyLizard
05/17/2016 11:12 AM (UTC)
Quanchi9 Wrote:
Zebron Wrote:

Not even in the tier list.

She's ALWAYS at the bottom.

By the way, I don't understand why Sheeva has ANY votes. Everything special about her came out of a different character.

Uh...same thing with Kintaro, yet I don't hear a lot of people complaining about him.
SneakyLizard
05/17/2016 11:14 AM (UTC)
I voted for Smoke.
Blade4693
05/17/2016 02:14 PM (UTC)
I like Smoke and wan't him back, but I like Triborg better than the Smoke we got in MK9 so I went with him for this round.
4Charles2014
05/17/2016 02:29 PM (UTC)
Triborg seems pretty cool. But I went for smoke because I don't know that much about triborg.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

05/17/2016 03:26 PM (UTC)
I feel like if I voted for Triborg, I may as well be voting for the likes of Meat or Mokap lol.

I like Triborg, but at this point I've classified him as non-canon. Meanwhile, Smoke has been a homie for decades.

So Smoke wins my vote here.
The_TooCool_Master
05/17/2016 03:49 PM (UTC)
Gotta vote Smoke. In MKX he doesn't do much but he's now a full scale Enenra. Triborg is a perfect duplicate of Cyrax, Sektor and Smoke, but he's 100% robot. That makes him more limited than the other characters since he doesn't seem to have regenerative abilities or anything like that. I mean, he's no Ultron.
SneakyLizard
05/17/2016 05:53 PM (UTC)
Blade4693 Wrote:
I like Smoke and wan't him back, but I like Triborg better than the Smoke we got in MK9 so I went with him for this round.

Smoke deserves to return, along with Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung, and Jade.
krajax
05/17/2016 06:21 PM (UTC)
I'm sitting this one out.
Blade4693
05/17/2016 07:11 PM (UTC)
SneakyLizard Wrote:
Blade4693 Wrote:

Smoke deserves to return, along with Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung, and Jade.

I agree. I hope all of them return in MK11. They are all characters I really like a lot.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.