Warbro666 Wrote:
Quanchi9 Wrote:
redman Wrote:
Quanchi9 Wrote:
Zebron Wrote:
Poor Sheeva. She never stood a chance.

Not even in the tier list.

She's ALWAYS at the bottom.

By the way, I don't understand why Sheeva has ANY votes. Everything special about her came out of a different character.

Technically not true, she was broken in MKT. Then again, everyone was.

Voting Smoke for this one. Triborg can be fun to play, but I don't consider him to be an actual character.

Tier list at the bottom of the page.

And once again, Sheeva's the worst character to play as.

I know there's no point in arguing with obnoxious people like you but tier lists don't count for a fucking thing. We all know she's at the bottom, nobody cares.

What the fu- what did I do? I was just making an observation. I wasn't even being obnoxious about it either, I was just supporting my claim.

Also, you cared enough to give me a humorous response featuring you being a bloody bigoted basketcase.

I'm not sure what I did to make you so angry but calm down, mate. Have a pint or something. Jesus fucking Christ.

I wasn't arguing either. I was informing. Fuck, man.
SneakyLizard
05/19/2016 12:35 AM (UTC)
I chose Khameleon, even though Reptile's gonna win from the looks of it.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
05/19/2016 06:32 AM (UTC)

A fated face-off between endangered NPCs! For a warrior wielding the icy touch of kori techniques - Frost is remarkably hot headed! One of the newer Lin Kuei recruits, she learns to unlock the true power of her art from Grandmaster Kuai Liang - but is her selfish heart ready? Stryker was once a hero cop selflessly serving the public trust. When the forces of Outworld invaded his city beat, the mortal lawman discovered his true destiny as a chosen warrior of Earthrealm! Sacrificing himself to save the world, Stryker now serves a new master as a revenant - his heart corrupted by dark arts! Only one can progress! Choose their destiny... FIGHT!

MacyG88
05/19/2016 06:52 AM (UTC)
Kurtis Stryker, muthafucka.

The total absence of police brutality in MKX was an injustice.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

05/19/2016 07:13 AM (UTC)
Oh boy, another character that only exists due to rule 63.

I vote Stryker.

MacyG88 Wrote:
Kurtis Stryker, muthafucka.

The total absence of police brutality in MKX was an injustice.

All at the hands of Quan Chi.
Poasty-Guy
About Me
We've got chicken tonight. Strangest damn things. They're man made.
05/19/2016 07:27 AM (UTC)
FROST

She's my ittle wittle ice princess <3<3<3<3
mattteo
About Me

05/19/2016 07:32 AM (UTC)
Obviously Frost. Maybe not the best character ever, but she's up against Stryker.

Is this even a question?
I dislike Earthrealm cops in Mortal Kombat even more after the MKX Special Forces and earthream characters overhaul
Warbro666
05/19/2016 07:47 AM (UTC)
I went with Stryker. Don't hate Frost but think Stryker fills a good niche in the MK universe.
redman
05/19/2016 09:25 AM (UTC)
Quanchi9 Wrote:
redman Wrote:
Quanchi9 Wrote:
Zebron Wrote:
Poor Sheeva. She never stood a chance.

Not even in the tier list.

She's ALWAYS at the bottom.

By the way, I don't understand why Sheeva has ANY votes. Everything special about her came out of a different character.

Technically not true, she was broken in MKT. Then again, everyone was.

Voting Smoke for this one. Triborg can be fun to play, but I don't consider him to be an actual character.

Tier list at the bottom of the page.

And once again, Sheeva's the worst character to play as.

Tier lists are subjective, and I personally disagree with Sheeva being bottom tier in MKT considering she has an infinite, but I digress.

Voting Stryker for this one, never really cared for Frost all that much and her appearance in MKX was probably the worst of the cameos imo.
SneakyLizard
05/19/2016 12:01 PM (UTC)
As much as I love Stryker, I had to vote for Frost. She deserves better.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

05/19/2016 12:06 PM (UTC)
I voted Frost.

Sorry Batman!
4Charles2014
05/19/2016 01:57 PM (UTC)
Frost is my favorite character.
Blade4693
05/19/2016 02:01 PM (UTC)
Frost all day everyday. Stryker can never come back for all I care lol
The_TooCool_Master
05/19/2016 03:31 PM (UTC)
Well, Stryker didn't do much except headshot a few soldiers.

Frost didn't do much except being angry.

But Stryker was my favorite MK3 and MK9 character so... I need to vote for him.
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

05/19/2016 03:34 PM (UTC)
Frost
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

05/19/2016 03:37 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
A fated face-off between endangered NPCs!

Ha!

I went Frost. Pretty sure I voted Stryker last year, gotta give Killer Fro...er, ahem, Frost some love.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

05/19/2016 10:01 PM (UTC)
Could someone tell me what you guys like about Frost? I'm not complaining about her winning over Stryker, but I'm kinda confused as to why people like her so much. As for her character, she's a female Sub-Zero... that's it. Her moveset isn't really unique either, it's all absorbed from Sub-Zero. I don't really find her story compelling, either. Is there something Frost did that was amazing? And yes, I know this could be applied to any character, including Quan Chi, but I'm just curious.
Ninja_Mime
05/19/2016 10:13 PM (UTC)
Frost. I like Stryker a lot and always have, but he's not as relevant as she is right now and I tend to lean towards that when it comes to voting.

Quanchi9 Wrote:
As for her character, she's a female Sub-Zero... that's it.

Sub-Zero is a wise and honorable battle-hardened warrior. Frost is a young, brash hothead with the devious intent to only join the Lin Kuei to overthrow the Grandmaster. They're almost opposites as far as character goes.

Quanchi9 Wrote:
Her moveset isn't really unique either, it's all absorbed from Sub-Zero.

She was a lot faster than Sub-Zero in the last trilogy and her moves were fundamentally different, even if they were clearly inspired by old Sub-Zero abilities. Plenty of characters started with roots based on other characters (Just look at the MKX newcomers) but they're still unique and valuable.
FrostMK
05/19/2016 10:32 PM (UTC)
Frost.
TheBigCityToilet
05/19/2016 11:00 PM (UTC)
Voted Stryker.

Frost is an entertaining character, but she's still the Sakura to Sub-Zero's Ryu.

Stryker was the first Kombatant to bring a gun, spurring a ton of imitators. For a guy who was considered the lamest MK character ever for over a decade (and then Taven showed up), that's actively cool.

Notice how he got more fans after MK9? All they had to do was make him look like a badass police officer, as opposed to his mall security look in MK3.
JasonVPred
About Me

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

05/19/2016 11:29 PM (UTC)
Ninja_Mime Wrote:
Frost. I like Stryker a lot and always have, but he's not as relevant as she is right now and I tend to lean towards that when it comes to voting.

Quanchi9 Wrote:

Sub-Zero is a wise and honorable battle-hardened warrior. Frost is young, brash hothead with the devious intent to only join the Lin Kuei to overthrow the Grandmaster. They're almost opposites as far as character goes.

Quanchi9 Wrote:

She was a lot faster than Sub-Zero in the last trilogy and her moves were fundamentally different, even if they were clearly inspired by old Sub-Zero abilities. Plenty of characters started with roots based on other characters (Just look at the MKX newcomers) but they're still unique and valuable.

I would add that Frost is different to SZ as she embodies freezing powers that have an emphasis on unbalancing the opponent; SZ on the other hand prefers to freeze opponents whole through parries and attacks.

TheBigCityToilet Wrote:Frost is an entertaining character, but she's still the Sakura to Sub-Zero's Ryu.

In the original timeline, yes I would agree but not for the current timeline; the student definitely has more potential and she could very well surpass her master.
krajax
05/20/2016 12:25 AM (UTC)
Yea Frost has the advantage of having an actual power. After freezing his gun and his feet to the ground, Frost can just go berserk on poor Stryker 'cause you know she's a little bloodlustful bitch. So this match goes to Frost.
TheBigCityToilet Wrote:
Voted Stryker.

Frost is an entertaining character, but she's still the Sakura to Sub-Zero's Ryu.

Stryker was the first Kombatant to bring a gun, spurring a ton of imitators. For a guy who was considered the lamest MK character ever for over a decade (and then Taven showed up), that's actively cool.

Notice how he got more fans after MK9? All they had to do was make him look like a badass police officer, as opposed to his mall security look in MK3.

Yeah, Stryker was considered a lame joke for the longest time, till MK9 redeemed him.

I'm voting Frost though, fuck tha police...

Ka-Tra
Quanchi9
About Me

why

05/20/2016 03:42 AM (UTC)
JasonVPred Wrote:
Ninja_Mime Wrote:

Quanchi9 Wrote:

Sub-Zero is a wise and honorable battle-hardened warrior. Frost is young, brash hothead with the devious intent to only join the Lin Kuei to overthrow the Grandmaster. They're almost opposites as far as character goes.

Quanchi9 Wrote:

I would add that Frost is different to SZ as she embodies freezing powers that have an emphasis on unbalancing the opponent; SZ on the other hand prefers to freeze opponents whole through parries and attacks.

TheBigCityToilet Wrote:Frost is an entertaining character, but she's still the Sakura to Sub-Zero's Ryu.

In the original timeline, yes I would agree but not for the current timeline; the student definitely has more potential and she could very well surpass her master.

Oh, so she's basically a faster Sub-Zero with less strength in terms of abilities? Seems like a decent trade, although I think I would've rather had a character with a more... contrasting moveset than her's, because that still gives us two characters with ice powers and stuff. Her personality consisting of hothead and brash just kinda makes me like her a lot less, to be honest. I guess her character and story just leaves a lot to be desired. Honestly, I don't think her surpassing Sub-Zero would be a good idea, and I think most people would probably agree with that.
Warbro666
05/20/2016 04:56 AM (UTC)
TheBigCityToilet Wrote:

Hah I have to admit when MK3 came out I wasn't a big fan of his outfit but the numerous years (and most likely nostalgia goggles) have made me dig his look in that game. He looked like a completely normal guy dragged into the wrong place at the wrong time, which fits the framework of his backstory.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.