Kabals engagement ring
posted06/09/2016 05:43 PM (UTC)by
JasonVPred
About Me

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

Will his fiancee make an appearance like Vera later on?

In Stryker's cutscene in MK 2011, Kabal wore a ring before he was burnt. I wonder if she will help Kabal recover and break free from the Netherrealm, much like how Kung Jin trained Kung Lao to remove his revenant mind and soul control. Yes I know it is just a tower ending, but still it showed that love and raw spirit can counter necromancy.
PickleMendip
About Me

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.

05/29/2016 12:38 PM (UTC)
Where are you getting this? I double checked by watching the Stryker chapter clip, and up until he gets burned, Kabal wears gloves. There's no ring visible.
JasonVPred
About Me

05/29/2016 11:25 PM (UTC)
The ring can be seen after Kintaro's defeat, when the base responds to Stryker with "Go Eagle 2". There is a panning close up of Kabal's smothering finger, which has a distinct golden band on top of his gloves.
PickleMendip
About Me

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.

05/30/2016 06:56 PM (UTC)
I checked very very carefully. I saw the gold band, but there's an error by someone. Unless Kabal is German, the ring is on the wrong hand. However, it does look like a wedding band.

Wonder if he is engaged/married to an existing cast member...?
JasonVPred
About Me

05/30/2016 10:02 PM (UTC)
PickleMendip Wrote:
I checked very very carefully. I saw the gold band, but there's an error by someone. Unless Kabal is German, the ring is on the wrong hand. However, it does look like a wedding band.

Wonder if he is engaged/married to an existing cast member...?

Most likely an error but here is a crazy theory! Kabal sounded like Elvis Presley in Shaolin Monks and The King has German blood!
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

06/09/2016 05:43 PM (UTC)
Well for starters, if he was wearing a ring, it would've been a wedding ring. Men don't wear engagement rings. I've never seen this at any point during the game, however.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.