Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 2 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2016!
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- Kountdown: Top 10 DLC Klassic Skin Packs for Mortal Kombat X
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- MKX DLC: More Clues Point to Return of Klassic Pit Arena
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List
- Kountdown: 10 Klassic Arenas
For Mortal Kombat X DLC

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Most Anticipated Premier?
Powergirl (46.2%)
Green Lantern (20%)
Reverse-Flash (33.7%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • March 23rd, 2017
    Injustice 2: Shattered Alliances Trailer 3 - Supergirl [Read On]
  • March 20th, 2017
    Cheetah is Fast & Furry in New Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • March 17th, 2017
    Firestorm Lights Up Injustice 2 in Official Trailer [Read On]
  • March 13th, 2017
    UpUpDownDown Reveal Firestorm in NRS Tour [Read On]
  • March 9th, 2017
    Injustice 2: Shattered Alliances Trailer 2 - Regime [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 05/12/2016 10:15 AMStatus ::
Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has announced a massive new update to Mortal Kombat X Mobile to mark the game's first anniversary!

The update weighs in just under 2GB -- the biggest since the game's launch! It comes stuffed with new content and features, including fresh Gold Characters, Challenge Mode Skins, new gear and gear effects, as well as an overhaul of Faction Wars and more!

Faction War will now earn a new kurrency type called Blood Rubies to be used in the brand new Faction War Store! Players will now have even more opportunities to earn rewards with more frequent Faction War Seasons and an improved leaderboard.

Five new Challenge Mode characters are on the way, to be revealed over the coming months. New unlockable challenge rewards include new skins: Marksman Kung Jin, Dark Lord Kotal Kahn, Klassic Kano and more.

Among the new Gold Characters will be Kobu Jutsu Tanya and Dark Emperor Liu Kang. Three new blood soaked pieces of equipment are also coming: Bloody Shokan Armor, Bloody Voodoo Doll and Bloody Tomahawk.

Everyone playing Mortal Kombat X Mobile will also receive an exclusive Fujin's Blessing support kard with their upgrade! The perfect gift for forlorn fans who voted Fujin the 2015 Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion!

MKX Mobile features an improved matchmaking system and updated character balances for a better experience. You can download it for free right now from the Apple Store, Google Play and Amazon Games!

How do you rate the update? Register and tell us your thoughts about MKX Mobile and more in the Mortal Kombat X forum! Come back daily to weigh-in on your favourite characters while helping us choose a new Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion for 2016! Connect with MK Online on the go by liking and sharing stories via @MK_Online and Facebook!

BADASS6669Posted: 05/12/2016 12:16 PMStatus ::

Visits::5692
Nationality::United States
RE: Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update

Awesome I still play this game daily. I really hope we start to get the Injustice treatment and some how finally get some of the following, Having Screensaver, Li Meh, Rain, Sindel & Baraka

Undead Shao Kahn would actually be my most requested

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
frabnPosted: 05/12/2016 03:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::530

I just can't get into the mobile game. Both MKX and Injustice mobile...tap tap tap tap tap tap tap. I find them both very boring. Nice to see them releasing such a huge update though. I wonder if they'll have more console unlocks

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
ActingArtistPosted: 05/12/2016 04:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::3268

The icon for the app has changed on my phone, but I see no Tanya or any of this new content yet...

PickleMendipPosted: 05/14/2016 02:35 AMStatus ::

Visits::29
Nationality::United Kingdom

This is most excellent!!

I have just got the update yesterday and already noticed a few things running smoother, but i had no idea there was so much new stuff here now and to come.

I have noticed also another repeated challenge, Unstoppable Jason. I'm very happy about this because he is another character i missed out on first time around, and i've got to the point now where i can defeat these challenges on hard mode and get to fusion the card. (I was nowhere near levelled up enough to do this for several challenges when i first started, as i'm sure most people wouldn't be.)

Unfortunately still there is a glitch whenever i use silver Sub-Zero's slide special attack. If he misses or is blocked no one can move. I can't even switch characters. I have to quit the match and redo it.

I haven't noticed any of the new FW stuff yet. Frankly i'm thinking did they NEED another currency? there were three already.

I like the sound of more gold characters to unlock and more console unlocks too, i will have to check in with my buddy about that.

I'm not happy about the fucking stupid Slasher Jason pack. I tried with klassic Sub & Scorp, but i didn't get them. I've tried with Jason and i didn't get him and now i'm running out of time. There's a limit to how many souls one person can earn in a day and i will not spend real money on souls just for a CHANCE of the card i want when i could be saving up for more NR packs / regular gold packs.

My wish for the future would be silver Klassic Mileena because we have Kitana, so why not her "sister"?

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.
Dragon Points:
MacyG88Posted: 05/15/2016 08:32 AMStatus ::

Visits::2297
Nationality::Australia

Has the update messed up anyone else's game? It always freezes when I try to do Battles.

God, it's the Xbox One version all over again.

PickleMendipPosted: 05/15/2016 10:24 AMStatus ::

MacyG88 Wrote:
Has the update messed up anyone else's game? It always freezes when I try to do Battles.
God, it's the Xbox One version all over again.

Yes, it did that to me, but it righted itself. Try quitting and restarting a couple of times.

PickleMendipPosted: 05/21/2016 07:23 AMStatus ::

Anyone have the FW rubies prizes yet? (Tanya, Emperor Kang, bloody items).

I just can't get enough rubies together because i'm having issued with wifi. It's a struggle.

Also, anyone excited for the next challenge? I sure am, even though i haven't finished Jason on hard. I will, though. Again wifi issues. If i need to i can go to the library and use theirs. It's not strong enough for FW but i can do the challenges. Anyone else find that problem?

PickleMendipPosted: 05/30/2016 01:19 PMStatus ::

FW says it's been improved. I am coming across more and more battles where i have an unfair disadvantage against the opponents. i.e. their health & attack are stronger than my kharacters. I know it's supposed to be a challenge, but this is getting silly.

I'm also finding it really hard to get these silly rubies for Tanya, dark Emperor LK, and the bloody artifacts. [edit] also, i was thinking that the NPC characters from story would make really good additions to the app, because it must be easier to make them playable for the app than for the full console version. Bring on Sindel, Rain & Baraka.

MacyG88Posted: 05/30/2016 05:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::2297
Nationality::Australia

^ Yeah, rubies are a pain to collect. I also often get paired with unbalanced opponents.

I'm also ashamed to say I spent money on early access to Dark Lord Kotal Kahn...

PickleMendipPosted: 06/01/2016 10:19 AMStatus ::

I bought the silver Kenshi pack, but that's all. Dark Lord KK is very strong, his ability might just be too strong. Even Dark Empress Kitty & Quan Chi can't bring in an ally at full health.

IamTheSPosted: 06/02/2016 12:41 AMStatus ::

Visits::1971

The Amazon version still doesn't have this update, and worse still, now it crashes when it attempts to find an Ally (not just with me - with a co-worker and my brother as well)

I asked WB tech support about it and have not gotten a response

PickleMendipPosted: 06/26/2016 04:18 PMStatus ::

I'm having serious issues now.

Can't Faction wars any more. The option just doesn't show up even in good wifi areas. Hoping the newest update would fix that but it's too friggin' big to d/l & i can't believe i need to erase more stuff.

IamTheSPosted: 07/03/2016 01:44 PMStatus ::

IamTheS Wrote:
The Amazon version still doesn't have this update, and worse still, now it crashes when it attempts to find an Ally (not just with me - with a co-worker and my brother as well)

Ugh. Apparently according to the WB Games message board, they've stopped supporting MKX AND Injustice on Amazon for some reason. I'm pretty peeved...

PickleMendipPosted: 07/06/2016 11:51 AMStatus ::

IamTheS Wrote:
IamTheS Wrote:

Ugh. Apparently according to the WB Games message board, they've stopped supporting MKX AND Injustice on Amazon for some reason. I'm pretty peeved...

Any other way you can use it? Like Google play or something?

I was fortunate enough to have my problem sorted by erasing then reinstalling the app. I saved my progress so all i had to to was input the password again and boom - all my efforts returned.

IamTheSPosted: 07/15/2016 09:52 PMStatus ::

PickleMendip Wrote:
IamTheS Wrote:
IamTheS Wrote:

Any other way you can use it? Like Google play or something?

I was fortunate enough to have my problem sorted by erasing then reinstalling the app. I saved my progress so all i had to to was input the password again and boom - all my efforts returned.

I have a phone that can run Google Play and had MKX on it before but it's way too much room. Android doesn't let you move entire programs to SD cards unless you root it (which I don't want to do).

I reinstalled MKX like 6 times and it still crashes there.

IshyRozePosted: 08/27/2016 06:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::97
Nationality::Iran

Think I've invested about 200+ hours in this app and I've only managed to get like 2/8-ish characters I actually want. I hate how the packs still have a chance to give you a duplicate of a card you already acquired from it. UPDATE: I finally managed to get Dark Empress Kitana. Well that's good news, for a change.

PickleMendipPosted: 11/01/2016 05:03 PMStatus ::

So, it's been half a year since the big update, and a year and a half in total since MKX mobile launched. How do you feel about it? Is anyone else out there still playing? Would you like to? What did you like/dislike?

I feel it's time to take stock.

I am very much in the 'good' camp. I like it a lot, it's a reasonably fleshed out game considering the limitations of the technology. That's not to say i don't see some serious flaws in it, but i'd like to go through all the pros and cons from my onion.

- Without it, I would have NO WAY AT ALL to play MKX, what with not owning a new console or such.
- The mobile aspect is handy, if a little inconvenient at times. I can play in certain places where there is wifi, but the downside is i need to go out to those places to use the wifi (because i don't have it at home).
- The strategy element of building thematically and technically compatible teams is fun.
- The graphics are so good for such a compact game.
- The game isn't clogged up with guests. I like that Jason is the only guest included (even if there are 3 variants now), I don't care about Pred or LeatherFuck at all. Alien i could take or leave.
- I love that they repeated some characters' challenges and i would love them to redo more. (Especially TG Raiden & P Mileena)

HOWEVER....

- NRS's/WB's greedy freemium money-making model is all over this thing.
- Packs with A CHANCE to contain the thing that you want are inherently bad as per the greed mentioned above. Not once is it specified what chance that is, a 1% chance is still technically a chance. It's crap.
- Cards pulled from challenge packs aren't unlocked in the store from that point onwards. This needs fixing badly.
- Challenges have time limits. I started in December because that's when i was given my smart phone. So it was impossible for me to earn certain characters.
- Faction wars matchups are unfairly unbalanced, and the AI loves to spam block.
- Earning souls is difficult. Earning Rubies is harder. (Especially for me without reliable wifi.)
- Hackers make FW no fun at all, but that one really isn't NRS's/WB's fault.
- Weird distribution of characters. 7 Scorpions but only one Quan Chi, Shinnok & Erron Black? No Takeda at all (yet)?
- Console to Mobile unlocks are just a bane for everyone. I still don't have Klassic Kitana unlocked.
- Battle mode needs more added on. Or maybe a different mode altogether.

Personal wish that will probably never come true, but...
- Every 'new' character since launch has been either gold or diamond tier. I would like to see a few more silvers & bronzes added because why not? I've max fused & levelled all the bronzes and nearly all the silvers. Those towers in the challenges are way too easy now.

tinashe*jambayaPosted: 01/27/2017 04:02 AMStatus ::

Visits::0

dudes make money than do it
what you say cool
ih

Page of 1

© 1998-2016 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.