Would you buy a remastered MK9 for ps4/xb1?
posted07/11/2017 12:44 PM (UTC)by
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

With all the money to be made in slapping a fresh coat of paint on last gen. titles and re-releasing them, I don't think MK9 would be a bad candidate at all. If this were to happen(BIG if) I would have a small wish list...

Obviously upgraded lighting, textures, etc.

NRS' new rollback netcode implemented for a fresh online experience.

And finally, one last balance patch to fix the lingering balance issues(kabal, kenshi, cyrax, etc., etc.).

Small list indeed. In number, not extra worktongue.

What say you? Would you buy MK9 remastered? If you're on the fence, what would make you take the plunge? And if you have zero interest, I'd like to here why from you as well.

**QUICK EDIT** A small addition to my wish list...High Voltage is not allowed within a thousand miles of the studio chosen to port this over. Please and thank you.
MindStrikes
05/18/2016 08:25 PM (UTC)
Oh hell yeah i want that. I would pay $40 for it without hesitating. It's one of my favorite Mortal Kombat games. I dont own MKx so it would bring me back to MK. I remember they did the same with The last of us.

Some things should be fixed with the remastered version tho

* No input lagg
* No player 1 advantage
* Remove the region lock
* Improve the net code
* Buff some characters

JohnBoyAdvance
05/20/2016 07:42 PM (UTC)
Yes. But I would love the following things bolted on.

- Playable Goro, Kintaro and Shao Kahn. I know Goro and Kintaro had arcade mode endings.
- More costumes. Especially the DLC guys. Hell Skarlet and Kenshi have unique alts in the Vita version. Dunno what you can do for Freddy.
- Motaro Boss. Fuck story mode.
- Chameleon and Khameleon. Movesets and special moves are ripped from the ninjas. Hell maybe even Triborg too.
- 1 or 2 more stages.
PickleMendip
About Me

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.

05/29/2016 12:24 PM (UTC)
MindStrikes Wrote:
* No player 1 advantage

What is P1 advantage???

JohnBoyAdvance Wrote:
- Playable Goro, Kintaro and Shao Kahn. I know Goro and Kintaro had arcade mode endings.
This should have been in the original.

JohnBoyAdvance Wrote:
- More costumes. Especially the DLC guys. Hell Skarlet and Kenshi have unique alts in the Vita version. Dunno what you can do for Freddy.
This too should have been in the 'komplete' edition.

I don't think it would matter too much if MK9 was available for new gen as is, TBH. It still has a ton of playability and i know that some games have drivers to make them playable on the new consoles. Backwards compatibility should be automatic anyway.
SamuelDL
07/06/2016 10:38 AM (UTC)
No, because in PS3 (the version I have) already looks fantastic, at 60fps and 1080p.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

07/09/2016 05:56 PM (UTC)
I want to say yes, but I'm iffy about it.

Improved netcode would be a HUGE incentive, but I actually just recently tried to play it again and came to the realization that MKX has ruined me lol. Between that and learning Injustice B2B and it's other mechanics like not being able to cancel dashes into normals like MK9, my brain would be fried if I tried to seriously play the game again. Especially with I2 on the horizon, I'm trying to learn MUs in IGAU as I'm told the game was HEAVY MU knowledge based and it seems so as I've been mopped by things I could have easily stopped.

Mighty tempting though. I miss my Rain some kinda bad tongue.
MKDennis1980
08/22/2016 06:11 PM (UTC)

I dont own a ps3 anymore.
And I miss alot of characters in MKX.

A big YES!!
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

08/24/2016 05:50 PM (UTC)
PickleMendip Wrote:
MindStrikes Wrote:
* No player 1 advantage

What is P1 advantage???

Host advantage, the host of the server will feel no lag since the match is running off their network.
While the players that join them, if any present, will feel lag.
Viser
05/14/2017 05:51 AM (UTC)
HELL YES
MindStrikes
07/11/2017 12:44 PM (UTC)
SamuelDL Wrote:
No, because in PS3 (the version I have) already looks fantastic, at 60fps and 1080p.

It's not so much for the graphics. it's more so that MK9 recieves some balanceing patches and more online playabillity. Many old players got rid of their Ps3/360 as they bought a Ps4/XboxOne

NR$ plea$e make MK9 rema$tered edition!
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.