Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (23.5%)
Jade (41.1%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.4%)
Freddy Krueger (8.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]
  • December 20th, 2017
    MKX Mobile 2017 Holiday Bonuses & Updates [Read On]
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/01/2016 03:31 AMStatus ::
Speculation: Injustice Sequel Announcement Imminent?

With the 2016 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) right around the corner, speculation is mounting that NetherRealm Studios will announce their next game project very soon.

All expectations are Injustice: Gods Among Us will return for the first sequel to the DC Comics superhero fighting game. French site GameBlog.fr cites unnamed sources close to the imminent announcement, projecting an unverified 2017 release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

The first Injustice: Gods Among Us was released this time, 2012, preceding its debut at the E3 of the same year [original story]. Emerging speculation places an announcement at the ESL Mortal Kombat X Season 3 finals, June 11th.

In their many incarnations, NetherRealm Studios has produced regular fighting game releases every two years. Since being purchased by Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment, we've seen Mortal Kombat (2011), Injustice: Gods Among Us (2013) and Mortal Kombat X (2015) released in April. A Gods Among Us sequel follows the increasing familiar pattern, even as Creative Director Ed Boon polls interest in more Mortal Kombat projects [full story].

In January, Mortal Kombat Online reported on NetherRealm Studios hiring for several key positions, speculating toward the Injustice sequel [full story]. This was quickly followed by an abrupt announcement for Mortal Kombat XL: the 2016 complete edition that incorporates NetherRealm's longest downloadable content cycle, including Kombat Pack 2. MKXL was released in March.

Further supporting expectations of an Injustice sequel is Warner Brothers' ambitious 2017 film slate, which sees the release of major movies based on Wonder Woman and the assembled Justice League. It's part of a cinematic universe plan initiated this year in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Some fans have noted an Injustice-like quality to the "Knightmare" sequence in the film, which includes allusions to Superman as a totalitarian aggressor. Reporting the success of Mortal Kombat X and Batman: Arkham Knight; The Wall Street Journal mapped the emerging importance video game properties have as a compliment to Warners' traditional film business.

VG 24/7 notes the Gods Among Us sequel will likely be built using the Mortal Kombat X engine, which Injustice laid the groundwork for by introducing new concepts, such as stage interactions.

[Related Article: Editorial: The MKvsDC Crossover Nobody Sees Coming]

Looking forward to more DC superhero fighting? What do you hope to see in an Injustice sequel? Register to share all your thoughts and feedback on the DC Universe Injustice forum! Don't forget to join the feedback fun in the 2016 Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion, as well! Special thanks to Kommunity Users cek12345 & subzert for sharing the news.

cek12345Posted: 05/30/2016 12:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::3982
Nationality::United States
Rumour: Injustice 2 coming May 2017 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC (NeoGaf)

Taken from NeoGaf Link: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1225607&page=1

According to NeoGaf user Backflip:

Originally Posted by Backflip
According to one of our sources, Injustice 2 is in development on PS4, Xbox One, and PC and should come in May 2017. The game should be announced between now and the end of E3: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/59264-injustice-2-bientot-devoile-d-apres-nos-sources

HauntedGrounds[] - brought to you by TripleTags.com
subzertPosted: 05/31/2016 04:52 AMStatus ::

Visits::2022
It is going to be Injustice 2 next from NRS - Rumor

http://www.vg247.com/2016/05/31/injustice-gods-among-us-2-to-be-unveiled-soon-out-march-2017-rumour/

So according to an article on vg247.com Injustice 2 is going to be the next game from NRS and it might get revealed during the MKX ESL pro league season 3 grand finals or even before that. I remember distinctly that Hitbox_Godspeed did mention of something special to be revealed at the grand finals that he cant talk about, so there's that as well.

And the article even mentions that Injustice 2 is being made on MKX engine and not on Unreal 4 or as would like it, on CryEngine... which seems kinda dissapointing to me. Other than that... HYPE

:)

oraclePosted: 06/01/2016 03:50 AMStatus ::

Visits::9368
RE: It is going to be Injustice 2 next from NRS - Rumor

More excited for this then I was MKX lol.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
frabnPosted: 06/01/2016 03:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::539

Much as I love DC and liked Injustice, I'm "okay" towards the announcement. Frankly I'm surprised it's that far out - they've been working on it since late 2014.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
DetoxPosted: 06/01/2016 07:31 AMStatus ::

Visits::4248

I'm excited to see what they do with the sequel. Lighten up on those 50/50's and the insane pressure, make zoning and anti-air mean something again, and I dare say this could be great.

And Swamp Thing. Do it.

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
PickleMendipPosted: 06/01/2016 09:12 AMStatus ::

Visits::29
Nationality::United Kingdom

I'd rather they do more MK. Not that i didn't like Injustice, or even MKvsDC, but i don't want this to interfere with the MK dev cycle. The gap between MK9 & MKX was excruciating.

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.
Blade4693Posted: 06/01/2016 09:49 AMStatus ::

Visits::3252

Yeah I am not as excited for this as I was MKX but ill probably get it to support NRS.

I just hope we get Starfire, Darkseid and Spawn as a guest character. Those will be my 3 main characters if we do lol

Lastly, I hope they just release a season pass this time. You know, a pack that includes ALL dlc stuff to come out after the games release, not just the characters and certain costumes. All of it. It makes things so much simpler.

DetoxPosted: 06/01/2016 10:57 AMStatus ::

Visits::4248

PickleMendip Wrote:
The gap between MK9 & MKX was excruciating.

Agreed.

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
redmanPosted: 06/01/2016 02:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::4717

Would rather have MK11, but i'm kinda excited for Injustice 2. Dr. Fate when?

Human-Smoke-4-everPosted: 06/01/2016 04:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::1796
Nationality::Ireland

"According to one of our sources, Injustice 2 is in development on PS4, Xbox One, and PC "

I hope the PC version gets 0 sales after continuously fucking over PC gamer. Especially after MKX.

Why couldn't this ending have happened?
JasonVPredPosted: 06/01/2016 05:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::917

Human-Smoke-4-ever Wrote:

"According to one of our sources, Injustice 2 is in development on PS4, Xbox One, and PC "

I hope the PC version gets 0 sales after continuously fucking over PC gamer. Especially after MKX.

Unlike other people, I am surprisingly indifferent about the lack of a KP2 release on PC. Using Bo' Rai Cho and Leatherface would have been nice but it is not that big of a loss for me. Missed out on Triborg's variations: Cyrax, Smoke and Cyber SZ, nothing I can not deal with, even though I like those characters.

I find that I am still hung up on the annoying concept of the alien more so than anything else.

A KP3 would make me share in the outrage, now that I think about it; look at all these cool characters that I will not get to play and since they are within MKX's KP3, their chances for a roster inclusion in the next MK game is reduced significantly.

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.
Human-Smoke-4-everPosted: 06/01/2016 05:47 PMStatus ::

JasonVPred Wrote:

Unlike other people, I am surprisingly indifferent about the lack of a KP2 release on PC. Using Bo' Rai Cho and Leatherface would have been nice but it is not that big of a loss for me. Missed out on Triborg's variations: Cyrax, Smoke and Cyber SZ, nothing I can not deal with, even though I like those characters.

I find that I am still hung up on the annoying concept of the alien more so than anything else.

A KP3 would make me share in the outrage, now that I think about it; look at all these cool characters that I will not get to play and since they are within MKX's KP3, their chances for a roster inclusion in the next MK game is reduced significantly.

I'm not even talking about KP2. The PC version was terrible and after months of promising to fix it they abandoned it. This isn't their first time with having problems with PC versions.

ViSilvaPosted: 06/01/2016 05:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::666
Nationality::Brazil

oracle Wrote:
More excited for this then I was MKX lol.

Me Too

photo sdww2_zpsvmchsi30.png
JasonVPredPosted: 06/01/2016 06:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::917

JasonVPred Wrote:

I'm not even talking about KP2. The PC version was terrible and after months of promising to fix it they abandoned it. This isn't their first time with having problems with PC versions.

I agree, we all know NetherRealm's track record for the PC platform. They better improve to receive less backlash.

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.
mkdfanPosted: 06/01/2016 08:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::8517
Nationality::England

I'd love a new injustice, seems like the right time to announce it.
Please for the love of God can we have Poison Ivy this time?! That's all I ask.

BADASS6669Posted: 06/01/2016 10:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::5695

Honestly I hope everybody returns and they add

Darksied
Poison Ivy
killer Croc
Gorilla Gold
Scarecrow
Black Manta
Static Shock

Basically more bad guys and 20+ arenas

I would really like Injustice to become Backwards Compatible for the Xbox One on the day of the announcement.

Kombat Pack #3 & #4 could come out to hold us over until March 2017 NRS could split there recourses to continue to support both games

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
ClassicSmokePosted: 06/02/2016 05:39 AMStatus ::

Visits::399

Fuck no I'm not excited for a sequel to Injustice. Netherrealm is working their way on my shit list next to the likes of Trion and Sega. First, my favorite fighters aren't playable in MKX, then the piss poor PC version, and then they decide not to release any more content for it.

I have an Xbone, but I will never buy a 3rd party game for a console when I can play it in 4k/60 fps on my PC.

The only good thing I can see coming from Netherrealm is if they announce a Shaolin Monks sequel or another MK game.

IamTheSPosted: 06/02/2016 05:58 AMStatus ::

Visits::1988

Guys thee only thing NRS had to do with the PC version was they chose a poor dev to port it. Aim your blame at High Voltage for being incompetent if you wanna rage.

Also please stop saying they "promised" if they never promised. For cryin' out loud.

trynaxPosted: 06/02/2016 07:25 AMStatus ::

Visits::320

Don't cars much for an Injustice sequel. I never liked the story of the original nor the gameplay.

717313=Rain Can Be Found In The Graveyard
Blade4693Posted: 06/02/2016 11:22 AMStatus ::

Visits::3252

Dude you can't expect them to include your favorite characters in every game when there is a roster limit...

Human-Smoke-4-everPosted: 06/02/2016 01:33 PMStatus ::

IamTheS Wrote:
Guys thee only thing NRS had to do with the PC version was they chose a poor dev to port it. Aim your blame at High Voltage for being incompetent if you wanna rage.

Also please stop saying they "promised" if they never promised. For cryin' out loud.

NRS are still to blame. As you said they chose those developers and have continually brought out inferior PC ports of their games.

If this was the first time it happened I would have given NRS the benefit of the doubt, but when it keeps happening then Boon and co are either stupid or incompetent [I'm going with both] to keep letting these things happen.

MacyG88Posted: 06/02/2016 09:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::2476
Nationality::Australia

All I ask is Plastic Man. That's it.

As long as he's in, they can add fucking Bouncing Boy for all I care.

PickleMendipPosted: 06/03/2016 05:57 AMStatus ::

Visits::29
Nationality::United Kingdom

IamTheS Wrote:Also please stop saying they "promised" if they never promised. For cryin' out loud.

Actually they did. If you say you will do something, that is a promise. If you fail to deliver on that intent, that is a broken promise.

There are things they said they would do and did not. I'm not going to get into the whole rant again, because I've said everything all before many times. We all know what i'm talking about.

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.
ClassicSmokePosted: 06/03/2016 05:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::399

Blade4693 Wrote:
Dude you can't expect them to include your favorite characters in every game when there is a roster limit...

I know that. The fighters I'm referring to are Jade, Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor, Stryker, Noob, and Rain. I can understand if some of them are left out, but holy fuck, THEY'RE ALL LEFT OUT! Tri-borg doesn't count. Don't get me started on that half-assed mess of a character.

Page of 2

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.