Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

What's Next?
Mortal Kombat 11 (80%)
MK Action-Adventure (10%)
MK HD Re-release (2.8%)
WWE Immortals (0%)
MK Krossover (2.8%)
MK Special Forces (2.8%)
Other (1.4%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • April 18th, 2018
    DC Announces Injustice vs He-Man [Read On]
  • April 16th, 2018
    Classic Superman Brings Golden Age to Injustice 2 Mobile [Read On]
  • March 31st, 2018
    Confirmed Ready Player One MK Cameos [Read On]
  • March 20th, 2018
    Mortal Kombat Coming to Netflix [Read On]
  • February 28th, 2018
    Best Buy Lists Injustice 2 Legendary Edition [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Future MK Games

Discussion of all future Mortal Kombat Games.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/07/2016 09:09 AMStatus ::
Injustice II or Mortal Kombat 11 - Whats Next?

Its becoming a routine of every couple of years: Ed Boon has updated his Twitter avatar and background -- signalling the ritual cycle of speculation for NetherRealm Studios' newest upcoming game project.

All rumors and reason point toward a follow-up to the franchise starter: Injustice: Gods Among Us. A presumed development back and forth begun with Warner Brothers' post-acqusition Mortal Kombat (2011), and the soon-to-be DC Comics fighting game series of 2013.

Not content to play it entirely safe, Boon's pushing ambiguity in the face of expectation. The "DAMN good question" being asked: Does his teasing image indicate the Roman numeral II (two) for Injustice, or the number 11 for a Mortal Kombat X sequel?

Et Tu? Ed Boon's newest Twitter avatar.

Bolstering broad expectations for more Injustice are rumors of growing connections to the 2017 Justice League feature film that would be out the same year [full story]. This isn't the first time Ed Boon has floated the prospect of an immediate Mortal Kombat follow-up, though. He polled fans for their preferred project last month, returning interest in more Mortal Kombat X downloadable content.

Fans have been steadily conditioned to expect routine from the Mortal Kombat developer for quite some time. The two year release cycle began with 2002's Deadly Alliance, continuing until 2008, when Midway Games published Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe. The crossover was the final installment before Midway declared bankruptcy and was purchased by Warner Brothers. The complicated handover accounts for a lost year.

A remote possibility is that the "II" in Boon's avatar represents two worlds, two games, or indeed a version of both proposed sequels.

The Creative Director knocked back prospects of another Mortal Kombat/DC Universe crossover in 2012 [full story], but with Mortal Kombat X reportedly selling in excess of five million copies, and nearly ten years between MKvsDC and a speculated 2017 mystery release - the pitch holds more water. Alternatively, DLC channels could conceivably create a new era for franchise crossovers - as discussed in a previous Mortal Kombat Online feature.

Two years ago a countdown became a white circle, which became the new dragon logo and Mortal Kombat X! What's next? Register to join the speculation on the DC Universe Injustice and Future Games forums!

AlsovarPosted: 06/04/2016 10:41 AMStatus ::

Visits::230
Nationality::United States
Ed Boon Teases II

Many things Boon does is trolling, but usually changing his profile picture or banner doesn't mean that. With E3 days away, I'm sure they're about to drop something.

I'm pretty sure it's Injustice 2, but some think it could also be MKII. Interestingly it IS similar to MKX's typography and white-on-black style. As much as I think it might be too soon for their usual record to come out with another MK game, not saying I wouldn't mind it haha.

Dragon Points:
Blade4693Posted: 06/05/2016 11:51 AMStatus ::

Visits::3252
RE: Ed Boon Teases II

I would say it being in the MKX's style black and white is to throw people off, and the 2 is representative of Injustice 2

ShaolinChuanPosted: 06/05/2016 12:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::14903

It could also be MKvsDC II.

SlickRick82Posted: 06/05/2016 01:44 PMStatus ::

Visits::2465
Nationality::England

ShaolinChuan Wrote:

YOU SHUT YOUR WET MOUTH!!

Bladdy lovely Sig by Minion. PSN -rlg24 LIVE -WestcountryBlud
ZebronPosted: 06/05/2016 01:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::5225

ShaolinChuan Wrote:

Urge to kill... rising...

"Not the first to say it in this thread, but when Bo Rai Cho is the high point of the new character selection, they did something really wrong." -Gillbob316
frabnPosted: 06/05/2016 02:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::549

Since the next numeral in the sequence they're using would be "XI" for the Mortal Kombat series, I'm going with my gut and saying that it's Injustice 2 that he's teasing. The Injustice dev team has been working on Injustice 2 since the end of 2014, when the MKX design team began wrapping up, and at this point in the dev cycle the game is likely 50% finished. I'm sure it'll be released April 2017. If I remember correctly, MKX was announced June 2014 with the eventual release date of April 2015, so I expect the same exact thing here. Then in June 2017 maybe we'll get the MKXI announcement, though I imagine it'll be June 2018 with an April 2019 release for XI.

As for MK v DC II....that remains a SLIGHT possibility, but I highly doubt it. Boon's twitter has been nothing but Injustice 2 teases for the past 3 weeks.

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?
DetoxPosted: 06/05/2016 03:43 PMStatus ::

Visits::4263

Ha! The MK vs DC hate is real! The hint is obviously ambiguous as all hell. It could be anything.

What if the two wasn't necessarily pertaining to a sequel, and was actually hinting at two of something? Two announcements? Two universes? The likelihood of DC v Marvel is enticing. With Disney more or less out of game production and WB having worked with Marvel on other titles(Lego series), the time could be right. All speculation of course

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
CyborgmanPosted: 06/05/2016 04:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::2

What if his profile picture is an 11. And his background is a drum roll. What if it means something is happening in the eleventh of this month?

frabnPosted: 06/05/2016 06:33 PMStatus ::

Cyborgman Wrote:
What if his profile picture is an 11. And his background is a drum roll. What if it means something is happening in the eleventh of this month?

Yeah...maybe he's announcing another season of competitive online MK. I'll shoot myself in the front lobby of NRS if that's what the big deal is.

MCPeePantsPosted: 06/05/2016 11:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::139

Frabn, has your source heard anything? I always enjoy reading your insight.

frabnPosted: 06/06/2016 02:31 AMStatus ::

MCPeePants Wrote:
Frabn, has your source heard anything? I always enjoy reading your insight.

I haven't spoken to him in a while. We usually only talk when we're gaming and I haven't seen him online. As far as I know he doesn't have a facebook because I've never found him on it.

Last we spoke, he indicated that there was in fact more stuff going on for MKX, and that it would likely be a "last hurrah" for the game. He works specifically on the MKX design team, but I'm sure they share talent between teams. If he's working on Injustice II he hasn't mentioned it to me, but he only tells me about things when I ask him, otherwise he doesn't just come out and talk about what he or what NRS is working on.

frabnPosted: 06/06/2016 02:41 AMStatus ::

By the way:

ript async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">ript>

The_TooCool_MasterPosted: 06/06/2016 08:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::2359
Nationality::Canada

And now he posted a boot.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/739972687116795904

PickleMendipPosted: 06/07/2016 10:54 AMStatus ::

Visits::29
Nationality::United Kingdom

Could possibly be MKSM or MK mythologies 2.

Doubtful though, because i never predict correctly about these things.

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.
mk187Posted: 06/07/2016 08:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::2801
Was the II a red herring?

Leading up to MKX, Boon first posted an Injustice related image in his Twitter avatar, then changed to a white circle, which soon became the new MKX dragon logo. Now, obviously Injustice 2 is happening before MK11. But with the leak of the poster, it shows that they're using "2" and not "II." With Pig of the Hut's recent bold predictions of an Injustice 2, Kombat Pack 3, and possibly Shaolin Monks II being all revealed by NRS, do people think Boon used the MK-font style "II" as a red herring and that's all there is to it, or that perhaps Shaolin Monks II will also be revealed within the week?

DetoxPosted: 06/07/2016 08:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::4263
RE: Was the II a red herring?

With Ed Boon, anything's possible. It could be 2, as in Injustice 2. It could mean 2 announcements, Injustice and KP3. Who knows. I'm assuming we'll all know by next week.

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
geneiryodanPosted: 06/10/2016 07:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::3
Nationality::Algeria
Petition ยท Skip Injustice 2 and make Mortal Kombat 11

I am a big fan of mortal kombat sinse ninety years
skip this injustise
give us mortal kombat

Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.